• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Demigods of Legend: Quarter-Blood Chronicles {RATED M}

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonwolf

Semper Vigilus
Reaction score
Demigods of Legend: Quarter-Blood Chronicles​

The Neric household was quiet. Too quiet. Jericho was in his workshop working to keep his old weapons looking new. Everyone else was scattered about doing their thing. It was still early in thedsay only eight thirty or so, and saturday. Then trouble came knocking. Jericho headed upstairs to the main room and found two boys on his stoop. Lucas Riecher, a quite skilled hunter and son of one of his good friends Orion, and Collin Jacker, a more reserved boy who was the son of Jericho's closest friends Seph and Kathrin.

"Isn't it a little early to be visiting?" He asked remembering how when he was their age ten or eleven was too early to even wake up.

"Nah. Not when there's work to be done." Lucas said nodding to his shotgun which was secured to his backpack.

"KIDS! You're being called to the Oracle!" Jericho shouted.

Melody who has been fast asleep instantly jumped at the sound which sent her sun/hellhound, Falix, sprinting out of the room. She ran to her closet pulling clothes out, deciding against them and throwing them aside before picking the right outfit for a quest. She threw off her purple pajamas and got dressed in her favorite dark blue tank and a gray skirt with leggings. She also grabbed her backpack and her scythe which was alternately a flashlight. She bolted downstairs and arrived at the door all too excited.

"The oracle! We're finally getting a quest!?" She shouted excitedly bouncing on her toes.

"No clue Chiron just called this morning saying he needed us four." Lucas replied.

Collin blushed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "H-Hey Mel," He stuttered, looking embarrassed.

Meanwhile, Melody's brother Darren was moseying down the stairs with his backpack. His hound, Madylr, trotted faithfully at his heels. In his hand, Darren carried a small rubber ball like from a prize-machine, which transformed into a spear.

"Guys," He greeted casually, "Dad. Sister."

"We're going on a quest!" Melody exclaimed as though this would be her first, and thats because it would.

Despite being one of only a select handful of big three quarter bloods. The Neric children had mostly been kept away from quests as per their parents request. Jericho wanted them to have all the time to be kids as well as train. This kept Melody always waiting for the real thing. Lucas on the other hand though also being trained was often out there either on quests or on his own accord. As a hunter he would go out to fight monsters and bring back their many treasures. Here they sold well with their many uses. Lucas was proud of his skills, and often found himself being a leader among first timers on quests. This time he'd be among friends-ish. Darren always seemed to be more than a bit suspicious of him, and Collin well... Collin was on his list of people he neither hated or liked. Collin was yet to prove himself out there in the field. He took after his father's brilliance, but he lacked the same energy and motivation as the professor.

"Look we're just being called. It could just be a vague weird riddle of a prophecy and no quest for years. One not even involving us." Lucas said.

"But it HAZ TO BE!" Melody said clenching her fists and bouncing faster.

((Man, she's Ellie's daughter))

Darren shook his head fondly. "Nothing has to be anything, Melly. For all we know, we might be here again in a couple hours."

Darren loved his little-sister, he really did. But sometimes she was just a little high-strung.

"Something going-on?" Ellie Neric came down from her studio. She had obviously been painting, because her jeans and arms were splattered with paint. There was a smear of green across her cheek. "I thought I- Oh." She paused when she saw the kids at the door, and an expression Darren couldn't name crossed her face. Veritas, her sunhound, whined softly, as-if echoing her mistress's anxiety.

"Hi Aunt Ellie," Collin offered weakly.

"Mrs. Neric." Lucas nodded

"Yep. Finally happened." Jericho said both proud and worried.

He knew they'd be fine, and if he had to he could be there in less than a second. All they had to do was him where, but they were demigods it was their duty and he wasn't going to hold them back from their destiny. If he ever couldn't be there they needed to be ready.

"Hey mom!" Mel chirped hugging her mother, "We got called by the Oracle. It so exciting. I could just run there now!"

Melody then let out a high pitch 'yip' of joy. Lucas sighed at how not seriously Melody was taking this. If she didn't get serious out there she would be an all powerful dead weight.

"I really... I really don't know what else I can say at this point. grab your coats and good shoes. Be careful." Jericho said hugging both of his children.

"Again it might be nothing." Lucas commented on the sentimentality of the family.

Ellie looked like she was going to say she hoped so, but a glance at Melody's hopeful face kept her quiet. Darren kissed his mother on the cheek. He didn't want to make her upset, and it saddened him that he was. That, along with Melody's flippant attitude put him on edge. People were always remarking how much his personality was like Ellie's, but he had Jericho's temper when aggrivated.

Collin shifted anxiously from foot to foot, glancing behind him automatically to see if he was accidentally making things grow.

Madylr whined, nudging at Darren's knee with his nose, and Darren knelt to hug him.

"Ya know where'd Falix go?" Mel asked.

There was a sudden clattering sound with a splosh.

"Honey I think I found falix." Jericho said running off.

"We'll be fine. Dad taught us enough, and then there's Darren and Collin, and Lucas!" Melody added an extra chirp to Lucas which made him give her an odd glance.

Lucas began walking assuming the others would catch up. As much as he knew this may be nothing, it also could be something big, something challenging, something fun. He smirked at the thought of taking down a big monster. Something he'd hang over his mantle and would be known for all his life. his father had slain a Drakon with only Lucas' mother to help him. Lucas knew he could do that given the chance.

"You guys coming of what?" Lucas shouted already at the sidewalk.

"Yeah! Bye mom love you!" Mel said running off to meet Lucas.

Jericho came back just in time carrying a painted hound.

"You two. Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid without you." Jericho told them.

Darren rolled his eyes. "She's your kid, Dad, how am I supposed to do that?" Collin made a face and swatted him in the back of the head.

"Be nice to your dad, Dare!"

Darren laughed at him, waving to his parents as they trooped out to meet Lucas and Melody.

((I love the double meaning of "don't let her do anything stupid without you."))

"You'll know how." Jericho said after they had left.

Melody was happily leading the way just barely keeping herself from running. In their yards and in the streets many of the much younger demigods were playing. One day they'd be the ones walking to the Oracle. Lucas wasn't far behind Melody, but the girl had gotten a definite lead. He shifted around the weight of his backpack and then carried on. He also noticed that Collin and Darren were finally about to catch up. Took them plenty long enough.

"You two gonna pick up the pace, or we gonna wait for my gramps to show up?" Lucas called to them.

"Bite me!" Darren shouted back. Lucas was alright-enough, but Melody was a little too into him for Darren to totally like the other boy.

"Darren!" Collin hissed, glancing around at the younger kids.

Darren rolled his eyes. "I bet they've heard worse."

"ya know I just might. After all they say lycanthropy is going around." Lucas joked baring his teeth.

"Darren stop yelling at Lucas. He's right you too are slowpokes, so I'll race you there!" Melody gained a burst of speed as she sprinted off.

"Ugh why are you people so weird." Lucas muttered running to catch up.

Melody was already far ahead. Ever since she could toddle she wanted to go places and see the world something her father promised she would get to do when she was older. Now she could and wasn't going to wait any longer. She arrived at the Oracle's temple in record time long before the others.

"Mel!" Darren huffed as he caught-up, "Aw gods, Mel, wait-up! Why ya gotta be in such a rush?" He sighed, brushing-away the curls that fell into his eyes. He was excited too, of-course, but being two years older, he could handle it a little calmer.

Collin was wheezing slightly by the time he reached them.

"You need an inhaler break or something?" Lucas commented rather honestly sitting on the steps of the temple eating a cereal bar.

"I'm in a rush because this is worth rushing. Stop being such a... a...."

"Stick in the mud." Lucas completed.

"Yeah! this is big like like.... my sweet sixteen big."

"Yep that was some party. How'd your dad get professional fireworks displays?" Lucas agreed.

"He knows a guy," Darren replied flippantly, "And Mel's the princess." Her leaned against a pillar.

Collin, having caught his breath, sighed. "You're gonna get hurt if you just jump in headfirst all the time, Melody," He warned, fidgeting absently with his glasses.

"Well come on. The oracle isn't coming out to us." Mel grumbled before heading inside.

The temple was the best replica of the one at Delphi, but kitted out with modern luxury. lounging upside down on a couch was the communication wonder that was Maria Farvits the Oracle. She was rapidly typing away on an IM.

"Took ya long enough. I've been spewing prophecy all morning. You can imagine how fun that is when I'm trying to eat my breakfast." Maria grumbled.

Melody was slightly intimidated. Despite the girls small size she knew what the very future may hold.

Darren was a little surprised. He hadn't expected the Oracle to be so young. Or so....modern. "Um, sorry," He said hesitantly, "Don't mean to cause you trouble."

Collin just bit his lip, shifting awkwardly.

"hey Maria what's up with the muggles today?" Lucas asked casually having dealt with the girl often.

"I have no clue. You know I can't hear myself say prophecy. I go all zombie and shit."

"Quarter bloods of gods divine, needed in desperate time,

The veil is falls from sky to earth, giving nightmares second birth.

‎One being destroys the shield, four alone can make it yield." a voice emitted from Maria as her eyes went all green.

"Yep thats Maria for you." Lucas chuckled.

"So... uhm now what."

"You do what all great demigods do begin youre quest!" Chiron shouted having just arrived, "Look to the images."

He swept his arm across the room and dazzling lights shined onto the columns. Images began to appear of monsters terrorizing mortals. Some even killing the poor souls.

"That's terrible," Darren murmured, horrified.

"How are we supposed to stop it?" Collin asked.

"Well look at the prophecy...ok never mind that doesn't help at all."

Maria coughed and then continued,

"Black ice to tread is ones folly, let darkness fly in mighty volley.

The Reaper will come demanding a soul, the chosen to fill the role.

Under sun does power show, but in the dark it will still grow.

Well layed plans shall be a guide, from he who has power disguised."

Maria looked dizzy as she finished.

"Ok can we be done with the prophecies?"

"NO." the voice replied.

"That's not cool Apollo!"

"Yes it is!" the voice went on.

"Our grandpa, ladies and gentlemen," Darren muttered, shaking his head.

Collin looked thoughtful, absently tapping his nose with his thumb. "Black ice is probably Lucas, with his grandparents. The sun bit sounds like Dare's powers, and the growing hasta be me. But the rest doesn't make sense."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom