• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Demo discussion (not for spoilers/datamine info)

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
As it says in the title, if there is a datamine this thread is NOT to include that. A separate thread will be made if it's made clear information is coming from game files/game data.

Time to get a thread ready that you can use to give your thoughts on the demo while playing and after playing. For now it can just be used for posting about what you'd like to see in the demo/what features we will be able to try.

Anyway here's what we know of the demo so far:

-Ash-Greninja will be usable and can be sent to the SM games from the demo when they release
-You'll also be able to use a Pikachu with a Z-Move
-You'll battle a few trainers, seen using Rockruff and Pikipek, potentially others
-You'll battle Plumeria at some point in it
-The PokeFinder will be available to use at some point, with a screen of Jangmo-o in the PokeFinder on a page for the demo

Some new screens released today too
942LHpE.jpg
zRbyVtD.jpg
So looks like we will get to try Z-Moves afterall! Anything else you would like to see usable in the demo?

(Future) events in the demo:
  • After 1 day (oct. 19): the guy next to the Pokémon Center will give you something good. He gives you:
    10 pretty wings
  • After 5 days (oct. 23): a woman in front of a tree will meet a strong guy and will introduce you to him. He is:
    a Machamp.
  • After 12 days (oct. 30): a man in Town Hall wants you to celebrate his Pikachu’s birthday with him. He gives you
    a Balm Mushroom
  • After 18 days (nov. 5): a police man in front of the ferry terminal wants help dealing with a ‘shady deal’ going on.
  • After 24 days (nov. 11): a girl in the Ferry Terminal is sailing off and wants you to see her off.
  • After around 30 days (nov. 16 or later): the owner of the café in the Pokémon Centre returns. (Could also just mean that he’ll be back because that’s when the full games release).
  • On Fridays:
    Lillie appears in town and has a conversation with you.
  • On Sundays:
    At night Hau appears in the Malasada restaurant and has a conversation with you.
NOTE: The dates are dependant on which day you started playing the demo. So if you started playing the demo on the 19th, you get the gift from Pokémon Center guy on the 20th.

Events of which it's unknown how to trigger them:

• A girl on the beach in Ten Carat Hall appears. Talking to her will activate your Poké Finder and you'll be able to see Alolan Dugtrio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since ye're gettin' an Ash-Greninja and a Pikachu, I wouldn't be surprised if the player is named Ash in the demo :p Still debating if that's better or worse than Orlando...

Anyway, I really hope we can catch wild Pokés and battle with them, I just want to own a Pikipek already :cry: I doubt it though, but one can hope.

Really excited to battle Plumeria though!

I don't think we can catch anything, but the fact that we're using both Pikachu and Greninja does bring the question if we're playing as "Ash" or it's just marketing favorites.

And any case, I noticed that Pikachu knows Iron Tail (another possible nod to Ash), so unless Iron Tail has returned to TM status, that's a Move Tutor move. Which could mean that there are other Move Tutors besides the standard Pledge moves, Elemental Hyper Beams, Draco Meteor, and so on. Or it could mean nothing at all and I'm just overthinking that part.

I really don't mind what kind of features we are getting in the demo, or even what we get to do. I just wanna have that Alola-feel.

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to potentially hearing more of the music. Some of the stuff we've heard so far has sounded amazing. (The battle theme is feeling kinda worn out due to all the trailers it's been used in though.)

I know it's just a demo but if Plumeria has jusT a Golbat in the actual games
doc_zpsc886535c.gif

Anyway, I really hope we can catch wild Pokés and battle with them, I just want to own a Pikipek already :cry:

We better be able to catch new pokes!

Is it just me, or the demo seems to take place on the 4th island?
Well, I'm okay with anything really. At least the demo will give something to do for the rest of the waiting.
But I do hope we can use a starter.

I can´t wait to experience the gameplay. And to try the Poke Finder. It is one of the highlights for me.

Has there been any word on if it's going to be a perma-demo like the other one was, or not yet?

Losing it after a month/30 plays would kind of suck. Especially if you don't have time to play more than an hour or two tops or don't have the money for pokemon bank.

Last edited:
So, I suppose I should mention here that Bulbagarden will actually be doing video coverage of the demo this time and it'll be up on our YouTube channel as soon as possible.

Youtube.com/Bulbagarden

Here's hoping there are few technical hiccups this time.

So some footage of the demo is online. Am I allowed to share it?

nvm, its been shared on the Rumours/Leaks thread already xD

I'm just playing the full game. At least the full game gives me the full experience and doesn't hand out Ash-Greninja.

I just hope that there will be a bit more to this demo than the OR/AS one. Obviously, there isn't going to be a huge amount of things to do since demos are just to give the players a general feel and idea for the games, but I don't want to have to go through the demo multiple times just for the hope of getting the full storyline available. I never could do that with the OR/AS demo despite playing it multiple times. Having to play through it multiple times to get various items is fine though.

I'm also excited to just see how the game could look on my 3DS. Being able to use Z-Moves sounds fun too.

I'm just playing the full game. At least the full game gives me the full experience and doesn't hand out Ash-Greninja.
Two things:

1} The demo doesn't replace the full game, you can play both. A demo isn't supposed to give the full experience, it's like complaining that a unicycle doesn't give the full experience that a motorbike does.

2) Can't imagine Ash-Greninja being locked into a demo. It'll get re-released or otherwise made available in game. Like Mega Glalie wasn't locked to the ORAS demo.

-------

Looking forward to the datamine just as much as actually playing the demo. I think once I get my hands on it, I may change my mind on some aspects I'm not completely on board with.

So, we aren't getting an explanation for why we get Ash-Greninja and it's just sent through the mail? That kind of stinks, as I was hoping they'd explain why we can use Battle Bond with it when it's only supposed to work near Ash. Maybe we haven't seen all the demo has to offer yet?

So, we aren't getting an explanation for why we get Ash-Greninja and it's just sent through the mail? That kind of stinks, as I was hoping they'd explain why we can use Battle Bond with it when it's only supposed to work near Ash. Maybe we haven't seen all the demo has to offer yet?

If you're talking about the 15 minute video of the demo, that wasn't all of it. The player is still in the middle of a quest and in the pictures in the OP it can be seen that Pikachu can use a Z-move, which the player in the video couldn't yet.

We haven't seen the whole demo yet. The vid we've gotten stops at a certain point, which doesn't even show Battle Bond in action. So there is more to the demo that what we've seen so far. After all, I don't think it's been publicly released just yet, so we still have plenty of time until then.

EDIT: Greninja'd >_<

A sensible explanation isn't possible, so why bother? It's just an anime tie-in.

Back
Top Bottom