• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Demons of Decay: ready to invade the RP section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonwolf

Semper Vigilus
Reaction score
You always think it’d be so cool to be that one guy picked out to be the hero. I didn’t even get that. There were six of us, and we all swore never to tell what really happened, but its time it came to light. We were all normal teens. The only thing that connected us at first was we all attended the same high school. We were all different people. Some of us hadn’t even talked to each other before. Then some how we were all there when the first gateway opened. It was late at night out at the edge of town, and this massive creature stepped out, and from there its history. That’s what we’re here to tell though. To tell you about the shit that went down in the small town of Brighton Vermont.

Plot: The RP would be the actual events of the past. The six teens who are involved eventually are sucked into the gateway then spat back out very changed. The RP will start with the next morning. We all got home, and then we’ve got school in the morning. Now those changes you received re a small set of super powers. You get 4 skills, in the style of a MOBA, with 3 normal skills and an ultimate. These skills should be similar in design/theme. That thing we saw we a demon from the nether realm, and they are the main antagonist of course. Some are simple mindless beasts, but others are cunning and brilliant. Obviously the teens are the only ones equipped for dealing with them, so eventually they need to learn how to work together, and how to beat the demons.

I'll write up an SU once I decide its ready for people.

You remember that kid you never knew in high school… well obviously no. Well I’m that guy. Nobody knows me, and I like it that way. I’m ok in the background and alone. Quite and defensive. I prefer my own way, and my own life. I will defend my way to my last breath, but.. I guess some people do know me and are ok with it. Five of them in fact. To them I’m Shade, the most ninja kid you’ll ever meet.

As Shade I still kept to the shadows, and I kept my name hidden for the longest time. I just didn’t want to let them in, and then I knew that even I needed help. Then again my powers were just that. I had this ghostly spirit who followed me around. He was old and wise, and was one of the few good things to come out of a portal. Spectrum was his name. He was living shadows, and he was my partner in it all.

603914-bigthumbnail.jpg
DemonShadow.jpg

Shade and Spectrum join the team against Demons of Decay, coming to an RP forum near you.

I was just coming home from the bookstore that night. I spent hours there usually since I didn’t have the money to buy anything, but wanted to read. Home was ok, and I hid there too. My parents had accepted my loner nature. We lived outside of town, so I biked everywhere. I had one of those normal bikes with the electric motor that you charge up by peddling. It made getting home easier. I don’t know what drew me out there, but I knew there was something out there in the woods that night. I ditched my bike and locked it to a tree. I ran deep into the woods my excellent night vision letting me maneuver the forest. I soon began to see a faint red glow off in the distance. I drew closer until I saw it. The portal, but at the time I didn’t know. Something was coming out of the light. It was huge and black, and you could feel the energy flowing off it, but then it seemed to be pulled back into the glowing light. There was a massive roar and the light collapsed exploding and leveling nearby trees. I was still over thirty yards off and I was knocked off my feet. I ran for my bike and hurried home not sure what I had seen.

So yeah I wanna set this RP up, but I'm still in the planning phase and am open to some ideas to fill it out.

Last edited:
well as of right now my plans on the character SU's are to do them in the style I introduced Shade as. An epic sort of intro, photo, then the tag line, and the way/reason they were in the woods. I'll get the rest of the SU's sorted, but I want that to be a big part.

Okay. I've already thought up a basic character outline, I'll only need to adapt it to the form.

cool. I got all night... cause I have no life...

The type of character I came up with is a lone wolf type with a high spiritual sense. She hones her spiritual senses through meditation, and can communicate with spirits on a subconscious level. She's calm, but quick to get deadly at the first sign of danger. She doesn't like conflict, but understands that it's necessary, and also has learned Tai Chi as a defense. Her combat skill is average at best, and she mainly relies on pressure points and defense to win. She doesn't consider herself a type to have friends, since she's a spiritual person, so she casts herself as a cold, unapproachable person who avoids attention however possible. Deep down though, she cares for people, and tries to help them without letting emotional attachments form. As far as speech goes, she speaks very little, being more of a listener. This is before the powers.

...your character knows this... before powers? That's eerie as hell. She's basically a chi blocker from Avatar. The only thing I'm actually against is the loner thing since my character is a loner... its fine, but I was hoping to cover the basic groups of high school, or some of them. So from now on no one can be a loner.

Well, I could actually change that to make it so that she wants to be around people, but isn't accepted because of her lack of adherence to social norms. She'd be afraid to form emotional attachment due to the years of rejection. And perhaps she'd be the type who would always being reading some sort of book.

Sounds good, though Shade is a bookworm. Oh and with powers they are meant to be themed tot he character, so Shade is a loner who sticks to the shadows, so he gets a buddy made of shadows.

Well lets put it this way jsut have them be book people for different reasons and in different way. Shade reads out of boredom in the world, and not caring for the real world.

This sounds really interesting, I'd give it a shot!

cool, just stop breathing down my neck. (( I hope you realize the joke))

Ok... 3 people that's half the slots. I'll put this in the SU stage soon.

That's great! I look forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom