• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dengeki DS announces new Pokémon game: Details to be revealed in May 21 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still own a copy of Sapphire. I think it's brilliant but the graphics are pretty bad. If they remade it and added more features like they did HGSS. I'd die happy!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's a new main series game. There was one year each between Platinum, Heartgold/SoulSilver, and Black/White, so I could see this being a possibility. Also, I don't see them building up this much hype for a Mystery Dungeon or Ranger, or other spinoff game, but then again who knows. Either way, I'll bet it's something big.
Except that the time difference between the primary pair of a new generation and the next game has always been 2 years.

Except that the time difference between the primary pair of a new generation and the next game has always been 2 years.

But who says they'll have to follow that? I can see the Pokemon going to a one a year schedule

GSC would like a word with you. It was only a year between them.

Maybe it's Hey You Pikachu! 3D. Hey You Pikachu! is better then Channel and PokéPark combined. It's probably not.

Only in Gen IV.

Red and Green- 1996
Blue- Also 1996
Red and Blue- 1998
Yellow- 1998 (JPN)/1999 (worldwide)
Gold and Silver- 1999/2000
Crystal- 2000/2001

Ruby and Sapphire- 2002/2003
FireRed and LeafGreen- 2004 all
Emerald- 2004/2005

Blue was released in the same year as Red and Green, Yellow was released worldwide the year after Red and Blue were released, Gold and Silver were released a year after Yellow in both cases, with Crystal following the next year.

Outside of Japan, all three sets of Gen. III games came one year after the last.

Only Diamond and Pearl have come two years before the next game in the same generation in every case.

I myself am betting that it's another main generation game. Probably for DS but with 3DS enhancements, a la Gold and Silver.

If not, couldn't really care less.

Only in Gen IV.

Red and Green- 1996
Blue- Also 1996
Red and Blue- 1998
Yellow- 1998 (JPN)/1999 (worldwide)
Gold and Silver- 1999/2000
Crystal- 2000/2001

Ruby and Sapphire- 2002/2003
FireRed and LeafGreen- 2004 all
Emerald- 2004/2005

Diamond/Pearl: 2006/2007
Platinum: 2008/2009
HeartGold/SoulSilver: 2009/2010

Black/White: 2010/2011

Following this pattern, it seems like the right time, really. Especially considering that the release won't be 'til at least September.

Also, it means that there's been a main-series Pokémon game release somewhere in the world every year since the beginning except for 1997.

(Whoa, Diamond/Pearl were released on my 13th birthday in Japan.)

Last edited:
It's entirely possible that it's Grey or that Grey will be released in Japan during September of this year, but it's a little early for the announcement.

It's entirely possible that it's Grey or that Grey will be released in Japan during September of this year, but it's a little early for the announcement.

Black and White were announced in April of last year. If Gray is coming out this September (which would be awesome, but I doubt it), it wouldn't be to early to announce it next month.

EDIT: Ninja'd...

I'm preparing myself for a Wii game (perhaps a Battle Revolution sequel that supports Gen V Pokemon) or a 3DS game along the lines of Pokemon Dash.

Hmm, If it's a 3DS game I must get a job so I can buy a 3DS. If it's a Wii game, I couldn't care less, I only play Pokémon on handhelds, even PC emus seems very wrong to me, dunno why, maybe I'm just weird.

I want it to be RS remake in 3D, I'm not even done whit my Scwharze (German Black) version and I still haven't got White (so I get more than 60% of the dialogue and can use the PokéShifter/Whatever it's called in English).

I hope it would be a game on 3DS, but I don't think they can finish the main series game in short time for 3DS, thus I hope it would be some game like battle evolution.

I hope it's another RPG like Col/XD. I don't have a Wii, but I might consider getting one for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom