• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dengeki DS announces new Pokémon game: Details to be revealed in May 21 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Dengeki DS announces new Pokémon game: Details to be revealed in May 21 issue

The monthly Dengeki DS publication has announced a new Pokémon game, with full details coming in the May 21 issue. Many fans have been speculating on whether this is the Pokémon 3DS game in the works, as confirmed by Satoru Iwata, a third version to Black and White, or a speculated Ruby and Sapphire remake.

Read more on Bulbanews

I hope it's either RSEDS or a Wii Pokemon game.

Hmm. How long was the period between Diamond & Pearl to the release of or unveiling about Platinum?

I highly doubt it will be another main series title. I don't expect another main game to be announced until this time next year. We know Nintendo are working on a 3DS game and a Wii game; I'd say it's the latter, a PBR2.

Hmm. How long was the period between Diamond & Pearl to the release of or unveiling about Platinum?

Platinum was revealed officially on May 15, 2008. Diamond and Pearl were released on September 28, 2006.

It's certainly not BW's third version and I highly doubt it's RS(3)DS, either. I hope it's the Wii adventure title people have been speculating so much about, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Mystery Dungeon maybe?

I really hope it's an adventure game. Not just battle, battle, battle. Something like Black and White for Wii.

I want it to either be RSDS or Mystery Dungeon 3 (or is it 4?).
I expect it'll be that new Wii game that's been rumored, or something for the 3DS (which desperately needs good games).

I doubt it will be third game to BW or the remakes.

It will most likely be the new Wii game. Though I'd much rather prefer new mystery dungeon series. :D

Judging by the fact that Black and White have only been out, even in Japan, for less than a year, this won't be a main series title. I'm guessing (and hoping) it'll be this Wii game.

One thing is for sure; it's one of the games Iwata teased a couple months back. Two games are supposedly being worked on: one on Wii, one on 3DS.
I believe the most logical choise to be the Wii game. Considering the Project Café rumors, time for anouncements of big Wii games is obviously reducing, so, I'd say that it has a bit of priority.

As to what it will be... Genius Sonority had been suspisiously silent for quite some time. Typing DS can't be the project that consumed their time for more than three years, and other than that, they only helped in a few small-scale projects.

I'm betting on a Wii RPG, akin to Colosseum and XD. It's about time.

I want to say its that rumored Colosseum-ish game mentioned a few months back from an employee or something, but I'm more hoping for Ruby and Sapphire remake or at least a Mystery Dungeon game.

I'd rather they released "Grey" before they release the RSE remakes.

I think it's most possible that it's PMD3.
I don't think that RSEDS or Grey would be released such early.

I want it to either be RSDS or Mystery Dungeon 3 (or is it 4?).
I expect it'll be that new Wii game that's been rumored, or something for the 3DS (which desperately needs good games).
These are pretty much my thoughts. (I consider it PMD3 since Sky is 2.5 and the Wiiware games I see as sort of a... spin-off of a spin-off, but I won't derail this thread further than that.) As much as I want RSEmakes it's too soon for them, but I'll be very happy with a PMD game to hold me over while I wait. :D

I'll be happy with the Wii game if it's anything like Colo/XD and NOT PBR. If it's the 3DS game, well, it could be anything so we'll see.

This sucker could be anything, but I personally hope it's another RPG for the Wii, which I think is long overdue. A 3DS game would be nice too, I've been hearing that the sales for its games so far aren't doing too well or somethin' like that... if it turns out to be a 3DS game that would interest me, this might be the game that'll get me to buy a 3DS (whenever I can afford it, that is). I also doubt it's a third version for Black and White, beings it's a little too early for that.

17 members viewing this, wow!

I wish for a 3DS game, it'd be a smart move.
Cause the wii is losing sales and blah blah, but the 3DS just came out, and it just turn into an other dsi if they don't give it some better( and may I add more) 3DS games. And a pokemon game would be the best Idea if you ask me.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's a new main series game. There was one year each between Platinum, Heartgold/SoulSilver, and Black/White, so I could see this being a possibility. Also, I don't see them building up this much hype for a Mystery Dungeon or Ranger, or other spinoff game, but then again who knows. Either way, I'll bet it's something big.

Mystery Dungeon: The Solar Chronicles and Lunar Tales- 3DS!

Yeah, I made those up. But I do want another Mystery Dungeon game. Exploers of Time/Darkness/Sky really felt like GBA games (and, discounting Wi-Fi features, COULD probably have been made for the GBA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom