• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dengeki DS announces new Pokémon game: Details to be revealed in May 21 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that a Wii title will be announced this month for a Q4 2011 release, with an international release of Q1/Q2 2012; just before the Wii2 (Similar to how in the West, BW were released just before the 3DS).
The game may be released outside Japan by the end of the year, depending on whether or not Typing DS is localized. XD was localized within as little as two months for no obvious reason (the Wii was released a whole year later), so it is possible for history to repeat itself if Nintendo want the Wii to really shine this year.

PMD3 or third version. I'd love a R/S remake but they're more likely to come in 5 years than now...

Pokemon Black/White need a 3D platform to play on just like how D/P/P had Battle Revolution.

Thats most likely what this is. I'm very much hoping for an RPG this time as well. Hopefully, if Shadow Pokemon should return, then they will have unreleased Dream World abilities...

so that I have a reason to.

This so much. I do have a couple Wii games and a couple Gamecube games that I still keep busy from time to time, but still... it would be nice to have another Wii game that I can enjoy, and a Pokemon one at that. If this game turns out to be an RPG for the Wii, my reaction would probably be on the lines of "AWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" :p I think the Wii itself desperately needs some more better games, so I think it'll be nice if this game turns out to be one of those.

There was something that I brought up in another forum... but remember when Nintendo confirmed that they were in the process of making both a Pokemon game for the 3DS and the Wii? I don't have very high hopes of this happening, but wouldn't it be interesting to see them making the same game for both the 3DS and Wii? What I'm describing is something along the lines of what they do with the Need for Speed and Nicktoons games, where they make the same game but for various different consoles... and with each game came with differing features, depending on whichever console-exclusive you were playing.

Last edited:
The way I see it, a new Pinball title is likely. We seem to get those every odd-numbered generation, and this is Generation V, so...

That said, I'd like to see any of the following:

*An XD-esque game. Especially if the Shadow Pokemon have their Dream World abilities and Miror B. uses a Bouffalant.

*A Mystery Dungeon game. Especially if Scraggy and Trubbish can be starters.

*R/S remakes. We'd all like these, I know, but it might be a tad too soon for any main series games to come out.

*B/W's third version. Again, might be too soon for this one.

*Another Ranger title. Especially if we can get another event legendary from this one. Like Keldeo.

*With a mustache.

Its most likely a spin-off game, too soon for a main series game but who knows, they might do something different.

Personally, I don't think about time when deciding if it's main-series or side series, since Game Freak is awfully unpredictable imo.

If it were, I'd hope for a Mystery Dungeon game, which would make sense considering Blue RT, while it did have Red RT for a GBA counterpart, was on DS before DP. Ranger though had the same case though, so I dunno.

Definitely not a new generation though if main series, since Nintendo likes to have the anime and stuff connect before a new one. Just stating the obvious and my opinion.

If its a mystery dungeon game, I hope its not on wii because it should go on to the DS or 3DS system.

From what I've seen the PMD Wiiware games seem more of... a spin-off. (Yes, a spin-off of a spin-off.) It had the core gameplay, but the plot was virtually non-existent, which is what made PMD games very enjoyable, in my opinion. It'd be nice to get a more "proper" PMD game on a handheld and all.

Anyways, I could be wrong on this since I don't have mine yet, but doesn't the 3DS have some gyroscope built in it? If so, that could be a good sign for a Pinball game since that'd work great for representing tilting.

Rougelikes are much better suited for portability, imo, so I'll say no to PMD on the Wii, better graphics aside.

I assume it's a new Wii battling game ala PBR and Stadium, or an rpg like XD. Better yet, it may be a mix of the two.

Sorry, but if it's Mystery Dungeon I will be really disappointed.

I can't really imagine the Wii game being released in 2012 after what Satoru Iwata said (not to mention the trend of previous generations), so I'm surprised there isn't a wider consensus on this.

Technically, a December release is also possible, in which case the game wouldn't be announced now. But if Skyward Sword is released in December as seems to be the case, the Pokémon title will have to be released beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom