• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dengeki DS announces new Pokémon game: Details to be revealed in May 21 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping it will be the Gen 3 remakes we all want, or mabye a third version of black and white (Despite Game Freak saying they would not make one)
Junichi Masuda never ruled out the possiblity of a third version to Black/White.

In fact, didn't Junichi Masuda hint that N's name will be revealed in a third version?

Why would they reveal a new form for Kyurem that isn't going to debut in cinemas for another year and 2 months? It doesn't make sense at all.
Yes it does. The series, believe or not, has reached a point in its lifespan that it doesn't need the movies as much to directly advertise themselves. They can use em as a medium for fanfare, but otherwise, the juggernaut is big enough to rely on its own two feet to keep on walking.

@ Mitchman
That's the scan I was talking about in the other thread.....
I know, I found it finally to see what you were saying, and I completely got you.

If that page had said anything interesting, we would have known about it by now. It seems to be a continuation of coverage of various Generation V Pokémon, including the ever enigmatic Stunfisk.
And if it was the case, I would believe you, but if I remember correctly Kyurem was covered a while back. If it was indeed for stunfisk, then its art would be there, not Kyurem's. Sure the focus on Dragon Meteor is indeed strange but what can we do.
That still wouldn't make sense. First of all, the third version is supposed to be an improvement over its predecessors. Secondly, Emerald and Platinum made it possible for players who had only bought one of the main versions to obtain the missing legendary for the first time. This wouldn't be the case here; Black players are going to obtain Zekrom, and Reshiram is going to be available to White players without another game being involved. Considering that this is the main appeal of the distibution, a third version would ruin that unless it didn't feature either one of the two dragons.
And that's why the puzzle is more complete then you think. Put 2 and 2 together, and surprisingly, 4 is the outcome. We have an event we know nothing about, and we have a game we know nothing about. If said game was indeed a 3rd game, the role of the event mon would be revealed as well, and everything fits. Of course with your train of though, the 3rd game would never be released, for the need for the other dragon doesn't exist.
It was a page about the history of the main series. If anything, that goes to show that they made a bigger deal about Platinum than they are making about this particular game.
And again, the need to push things on to us as hard as they did 3 years ago diminished faster then you think.

One note, the logo edge is very different from black or whites, so I have to say its either a new logo for a new game, or nothing else. It can be nothing, but that's too easy.

It's too soon for a main series game.
It was too soon for HGSS and this gen, so who's to say Serebii. Unless you're putting a dead end on this cause you know something...

Stunfisk was also covered by CoroCoro previously. I don't have the full page, but it is UNRELATED to the new game announcement.

New main series games haven't come within a year of the main release and they never will. It'd be a bad business decision.

If it was a main series game, this year's movie would feature that game's mascot, not Reshiram and Zekrom xD

Stunfisk was also covered by CoroCoro previously. I don't have the full page, but it is UNRELATED to the new game announcement.

New main series games haven't come within a year of the main release and they never will. It'd be a bad business decision.
Although I agree that in this instance, it won't be a main series game:

Gold and Silver - 21st November 1999
Crystal - 14th December 2000

Besides, even if the game was announced this week, I doubt it'd be out before Q3/Q4 this year anyway.

And heck, although not the 'main' release of a generation, FRLG were released in the same year as Emerald. So it's not really impossible; just very unlikely (considering that FRLG were released 2 years after RS, and Platinum 2 years after DP). I'm still putting my money on this game being a Wii 3D battle simulator for Gen V.

The Skunfisk scan going round is related to the new game announcement. Right under the Kyurem VS Skunfish screenshot, it says 'Next issue, an exciting announcement about a new Pokémon project!!'.
As others have said, that could just be because CoroCoro has to dedicate its pages to other things, so they just randomly shoved the announcement bit at the bottom.

Of course, we'll know for sure when the full scan comes out.

The Skunfisk scan going round is related to the new game announcement. Right under the Kyurem VS Skunfish screenshot, it says 'Next issue, an exciting announcement about a new Pokémon project!!'.
It being on the same page does not mean it's related.

The announcement was a small blurb at the end of the Pokémon video game part of CoroCoro this issue. Would you arrive at such ridiculous conclusions if it was a picture of a Lillipup vs a Druddigon?

Okay. Somehow I missed a whole discussion. Post deleted.

Bothering to look at it more closely, the Kyurem text seems to just be saying that it can be taught Draco Meteor by a move tutor. (partially inferred, since half the text's missing)

Last edited:
It being on the same page does not mean it's related.

The announcement was a small blurb at the end of the Pokémon video game part of CoroCoro this issue. Would you arrive at such ridiculous conclusions if it was a picture of a Lillipup vs a Druddigon?
"Pokémon Beige Version" with Lillipup as the cover Pokémon for the Nintendo 3DS. Due out in Q3 2011.

Someone, somewhere, will take that seriously.

"Pokémon Beige Version" with Lillipup as the cover Pokémon for the Nintendo 3DS. Due out in Q3 2011.

Someone, somewhere, will take that seriously.
OMFG really, I'm gonna go create a web-page dedicated to its coverage, only for it not to be heard from again!

OMFG really, I'm gonna go create a web-page dedicated to its coverage, only for it not to be heard from again!
Better be quick, or else Nintendo3dsblog will report on it first!

It was too soon for HGSS and this gen, so who's to say Serebii. Unless you're putting a dead end on this cause you know something...
I'm just wondering if you're making crap up now.

Yeah, sure it was one year after Platinum, but by the time it came out, people were already getting restless over having no news of a new generation, and by the time BW came out, it had been four years of Gen IV.

There IS a chance it could be a Third Version. I mean, look at how fast the Best Wishes Anime is going. Ash is already going towards his 4th Unova Gym Badge. Looking at Generation 4, When Platinum came out, Ash had 4 Sinnoh Gym badges. He currently has 3 Unova Gym Badges. If this does turn out to be a Third Version,Whatever the game maybe, it won't be released in Japan until around Fall 2011. There's still plenty of time for Ash to get his 4th and maybe his 5th Unova Gym Badge before the game is released.

There IS a chance it could be a Third Version. I mean, look at how fast the Best Wishes Anime is going. Ash is already going towards his 4th Unova Gym Badge. Looking at Generation 4, When Platinum came out, Ash had 4 Sinnoh Gym badges. He currently has 3 Unova Gym Badges. If this does turn out to be a Third Version,Whatever the game maybe, it won't be released in Japan until around Fall 2011. There's still plenty of time for Ash to get his 4th and maybe his 5th Unova Gym Badge before the game is released.

BW has slowed down now. There's currently 12 episodes announced since Ash et al leaving Castelia and none of them indicate that he's any closer to Nimbasa.

Besides, you can't really use the position in the TV show (which is an advert for the games) for evidence; when Yellow was released, Japan was at EP062; AG061 (Where Ash had 3 badges) when FRLG were released. When Platinum was released, Japan was at DP093. However, that's merely because the series' start when the games are released to help advertise them.

When we get to around mid-September 2011 (when games are usually released), we'd be at BW052. That's still a almost a year off where DP was, and still a good 2 and a half months away from where OS and AG were, if you want to use the anime as a reason.

Here's an idea Pokemon Snap 2
A very loved game, not over-used formula
3DS would be perfect for it (because of 3D, portability, and the possibility of Augumented Reality)
Plus Trip would be the perfect character
thoughts?

Here's an idea Pokemon Snap 2
A very loved game, not over-used formula
3DS would be perfect for it (because of 3D, portability, and the possibility of Augumented Reality)
Plus Trip would be the perfect character
thoughts?

Agreed, if there was ever a time for a Snap sequel, it's for the 3DS. Not to mention gyroscope controls could make the game really accessible.

AR Cards would also be great. Once you take an in-game picture of a Pokemon, you can take real-life pictures with it with the 3DS camera. The system is an absolute perfect fit.

It is far too early for Grey and Kyurem to shine, end of discussion.

Look, I love Unova... but I want to enjoy Unova and this Gen as long as possible and I am sure that fans are feeling the same. Theres absolutely NO reason to rush this generation.

From a market standpoint, releasing Grey right now is stupid, absolutely stupid because Black/White would overshadow it. The quality of the game would also not be what it is suppose to be. It would be only alittle better than B/W instead of being alot better like real 3rd version games.

Have patience and wait a couple of years. I want my stadium/colosseum Wii game NOW. We need the Gen V pokemon in full 3d and thats most likely exactly what were going to recieve.

From a market standpoint, releasing Grey right now is stupid, absolutely stupid because Black/White would overshadow it
And how on Earth did you come to that conclusion? Not that I agree that its the third version, but how would a game with updates be overshadowed? If anything, Grey would cut Black and White's sales short.

And how on Earth did you come to that conclusion? Not that I agree that its the third version, but how would a game with updates be overshadowed? If anything, Grey would cut Black and White's sales short.

Mainly I said that because of M14 that highly features Reshiram/Zekrom Black/White. They seem to want the sales of B/W to last a while before anything Grey comes along. Theres just no promotion going for a third version.

But your conclusion is also legit. Either way, its not a very good move to release Grey this early.

If they did release it this early then thats a sign that Gen 5 will be rather short which I just wouldn't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom