• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deoxys: Life Forme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolder

Reaction score
with a new generation coming out what do people think of Deoxys gaining a new Forme, specifically for HP?

personally I think it's unlikely but still possible
if you look at Regigigas...there was no real need for it
but it was kind of cool to bring the Regis together with a Master and such
so given that, the possibility of a new Forme for Deoxys doesn't seem as out there to me as it might have
dunno
just a cool little idea a friend of mine brought up with me and I decided to make a post about it to see what Bulbagardians think

I'd say that we don't need any more Deoxys formes. All the stats (bar HP) have already been covered by its formes (Attack Forme has Attack and Special Attack covered, Defense Forme has Defense and Special Defense covered and Speed Forme has Speed covered). I don't know how any new Deoxys formes will affect Deoxys' stats.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, but unlikely and not necessary.

The Regis having a master added to the legend and mystery of the Pokemon world. Deoxys getting a new forme does nothing for it, other than maybe adding another rock to whatever area afffects him in BW.

Last edited:
well that's kind of my point about Regigigas
was it necessary? not really
was it cool? I think so

a new Forme for Deoxys would just be cool as far as I'm concerned

Deoxys likely won't get a new form for BW, after all it didn't get one on DP.

Also, if it even does get a new form, it won't be for HP. None of the form changes affect HP, because if they did your pokemon could end up fainting just by changing form! The only way I could see Deoxys getting a new form is if they added a new stat.

From a purely competitive view, it wasn't necessary. But it helped tie the regions together, and added a level of mystique. A new forme of the same Pokemon (who already has 4) does not.

or rather you can't think of one
it would make complete sense for Deoxys, as an alien lifeform, to "evolve" into something new over time

also DP brought all the Formes together and gave you a choice of which one you wanted your Deoxys to be on the same cartridge

just because Deoxys didn't get a new Forme in DP doesn't mean that it WONT get a new Forme

look at Rhyperior, Magmortar and Co.
it took them three games to get evolutions (though granted some of them gained baby's in gen 2)

and this is a legendary we're talking about
Gamefreak obviously went a little overboard on the legends in DPPt
I don't see why this trend wouldn't continue

also it might make sense for them to give out the new Forme as an event for R/S remakes if that were to happen

I'd be all for more species of pokemon from whatever planet Deoxys came from (has anyone else seen all that art that one guy's done of a Deoxys invasion?), but not more actual Deoxys.

No. I'd rather have Generation V focusing on its own legendaries, rather than the legendaries of the past.

With Arceus around, I'm not sure that would happen.
How come? Arceus is only said to have made the Sinnoh legendaries. Besides, who said Pokémon can't be a polytheist faith?

How come? Arceus is only said to have made the Sinnoh legendaries. Besides, who said Pokémon can't be a polytheist faith?
We saw mentions of Groudon and Kyogre and other legendaries in gen IV. The Golems, the Birds, etc even appeared. Deoxys is actually one of the Legendaries that hasn't come back again, or not nearly as much as the rest.

Arceus is probably not going away since it is bigger than most of these Pokemon and even if it is Polytheist world, that has nothing to do with whether or not Arceus will be brought up/mentioned/or re examined in the future. If anything, there would be more reason to bring it up again, to talk about relationships between the many Gods.

I thought a Deoxys Forme that raised its HP was possible in 4th Gen, but seeing how we didn't get it, I have to agree that it's unlikely we'll get it in 5th Gen.

I do have to say that the name "Deoxys Life Forme" sounds awesome, though.

WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE I THINK IT'D BE FAT.

With a beard.

(Santa.)

If we were to get any more Deoxys formes, we would have gotten ones to show the physical/special split, like a physical attack Deoxys for regular attack, and a special attack Deoxys for special. But whatever, we might get some seeing how this technically would be the gen of Hoenn Hoenn Everywheretm

We don't need a new Deoxys form. Regigigas was necessary, as it added to the the legend of the Regis.

Deoxys likely won't get a new form for BW, after all it didn't get one on DP.

Also, if it even does get a new form, it won't be for HP. None of the form changes affect HP, because if they did your pokemon could end up fainting just by changing form! The only way I could see Deoxys getting a new form is if they added a new stat.

From a purely competitive view, it wasn't necessary. But it helped tie the regions together, and added a level of mystique. A new forme of the same Pokemon (who already has 4) does not.

This and this. No please. Regigas was a new Pokémon and it served storyline reasons. Another forme for Deoxys won't add anything to the story (not that the other did) nor to the gameplay. High HP? It would serve the same purpose of Defense Forme (bulky and hard to knock down), so it's not necessary. Not at all.

I can understand an opposition to more formes. I mean, if they're going to come up with new stats, new abilities, new movesets, and in the case of Shaymin new types, then why not just a whole new Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom