• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deoxys with Aeroblast

I believe it was a promotional Pokemon released with Movie 10's Darkrai.

The 10th anniversary Deoxys distributed in Japan last year did not have any special moves. Likewise, Space Center Deoxys (distributed in 2006) and 2005 Dutch/DOEL Deoxys (distributed in 2005) reportedly had no special moves, either.

All other Deoxys originate from Birth Island (FireRed and LeafGreen's, if to be exact). In particular, there was only one event in the UK distributing Deoxys, and it simply could not accommodate special moves due to triggering the Birth Island event.

I believe that the source of this erroneous information is this YouTube video. The player's Deoxys (shown in 2:06-2:11) is clearly hacked (it is stated as much in the additional information section, albeit in regard to being Shiny), which can be derived from the fact that its OT is that of the player's, yet it still has a special move. This person may not have created the rumor, but they fueled it by boasting the accomplishments of hacking on the Internet.

A friend of mine has a Deoxys with Aeroblast, and he told me himself that the thing was hacked (although I could have figured it out myself when I found out it had Wonder Guard). I think Aeroblast is just a popular move to grab.

Geo - a.k.a. Jioruji Derako

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom