• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Describe Brock's ideal girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
Based on what we know about Brock, what do you think the ideal female companion for him would be like?

I think Lakoko is also a good choice but I know the PERFECT girl for him is Suzie. They're both breeders and they both love each other and the whole Vulpix thing
*_* how romantic!

Kasumi-san said:
Pie.

No, I'm serious. ;D
Funny, that's what I was gonna say.

No, actually, I have a different image of the perfect girl for Brock. A sweet, open girl, though not without some moments where she's a bit spunky or modest. One who's a total romantic at heart, so that she will fully appreciate the sweetness behind Brock's gestures - and yes, he'd certainly have sweet gestures, because we all know he's a huge softie and he'd go to many lengths just to make his girl feel loved. However, her world shouldn't rise and set around romance, because despite Brock's... well, Brockishness, he has interests outside of women and would definitely get tired of just talking about how pretty she is eventually. Common interests, for example, would be helpful - a love of Pokémon is a must. She'd have to be a big sister or even a motherly type, because while Brock would certainly be able and willing to 'take care' of a girl, there is something to the theory that Brock's desire for a girl stems from family issues, specifically those relating to his mother. I cannot see him being happy in a relationship where he feels like he's much more of an adult than his partner, and he would probably feel discontent and unappreciated if he received nothing like the pampering and tender gestures that he would bestow upon his lover - there would have to be a lot of matching of behavior in the romance department, except for perhaps the fowardness since Brock has more than enough to give the relationship plenty of momentum. In fact, it would probably be better if the girl were quite hesitant, if only to damper Brock's romantic impulsiveness. It'd not only help the relationship, but Brock - he is often so blinded by the loveliness of the average female that he isn't sure what he really wants, which is why he so overly undiscriminating in his desire. The right girl would have to slow him down, bring his focus more on where the relationship is and less on where he wants it to go, and give him the opportunity to think about if she's really the girl he wants or if he's just acting on his eagerness to find a partner in life. It may seem like this would draw the risk of Brock getting frustrated or losing interest in her and result in him looking elsewhere, but I doubt it would - Brock is devoted enough to his cause that if he sees an opportunity, no matter how small, he'll take it and stick to it rather than return to all the girls who don't even give him that much.

(Don't bother telling me how much I overanalyzed this. I already know. Gimmie a break, it's one of my favorite subjects. XD)

Now, what's REALLY interesting is that I happen to have an OC just like this and - and I'll understand if you don't believe me when I say this - when creating the character, I had no intention whatsoever to pair her with Brock. In fact, the idea of shipping them didn't occur to me until I was trying to come up with someone to pair her with, noticed her ideal guy was very much like Brock, and got hit in the head with a ten-pound sack of obvious.

Since then, they've become something of an OTP for me. I hope you can understand why...

Too bad Brock's not interested in May, despite the fact that she's much better looking than 90% of the female filler characters that Brock goes after.

I guess he doesn't like younger girls. Kind of amusing that Misty found Brock's flirting embarrassing and pulls him away by the ear, yet May just stands and watches like Ash does and doesn't care.

Misty would sort of be good for Brock as well, Misty seems really controlling over the girls' that Brock flirts with. ;)

I'd kinda like to see Brock with a girl that he doesn't go gaga over straight away. That may be the Gymshipping talking, but I do wonder if he might not do better with someone he can get to know first without the hormones fogging his brain.

As for her personal qualities... hmm... I think she should be sentimental enough to appreciate his over-the-top romanticism. There's just no point in pairing him with somebody who isn't going to 'get' that part of his personality, because it's such an important part of him. At the same time, he needs someone who can get him to calm down so he'll stop embarrassing himself in public. I think Misty and Max's approaches, while effective in the short-term, might be too brusque; Brock's ideal girl should be tactful, and preferably not have to use force to keep him under control. I think she should be calm, too, and modest - Brock found Temacu's forwardness a real turn-off, so I reckon he wants to be the one doing the chasing in the relationship. That aside, he's so accomodating that I'm not sure if he even has a 'type', so it's more important to find a girl who's prepared to put up with him. ;)

She seems more interested with that guy with the Ninetails.

She seems more interested with that guy with the Ninetails.
Did you even WATCH the end of that episode? It clearly states that Suzie is still very interested in Brock. Zane even said he was jealous.

Not for a while. She was going on about the two of them working together, though.

Maybe Suzie wants a threesome. She can like both boys at the same time if she wants.

Scott85 said:
Maybe Suzie wants a threesome. She can like both boys at the same time if she wants.

Suzie, slut of Scissor Street?

Myself, I have yet to see the episode (T_T), so I still have yet to decide for myself whether or not the ship has sunk. But it does, unfortunately, sound like it was the purpose of the episode, since they could have come up with a less heartbreaking way for Brock to give Vulpix back.

Nah, if the ship had sunk then you'd see me ranting about how much I hated Zane. I still do find him a bit annoying and (that hair color OMG!) but he's safe from my wrath.
I'm sort of a ShoppingShipper because of the Taming Of the Shroomish, they were cute with each other.
Too bad Brock's not interested in May, despite the fact that she's much better looking than 90% of the female filler characters that Brock goes after.
'fraid you got it reverse. 90% of the female filler characters that Brock goes after are much better looking than May. It's actually kind of obvious, here I'll name some:
Doctor Anna, Doctor Abbey, girl from I Feel Skitty, Mary (from Take the Lombre Home), most of the filler girls from Johto including Sonrisa, Lakoko, Callista, Naomi..... I could go on forever.
Seriously, May isn't that pretty.

I disagree completely, they're all rather bland looking with the exception of seem really nice looking ones. Most of the girls Brock goes after look like cardboard cutouts, because the animators don't put any effort into making the filler characters look good enough. (Since the animators know they're only going to be in one episode, so they just thrown a face in the blender and just come up with a new hair style to make them look different, blech.) But seeing as how you're anti-May and pro-Misty in general (who is generally very scrawny herself), I won't bother continuing this argument since I know your response. :D

Back on topic, that girl with the Marril from early Johto seemed to like him. Her name was Willemna or something?

The only thing May is missing to be a good match for Brock, I think, is a couple of years of physical and mental maturity. It plays into everything, even her looks - while I admit she's a knockout for someone her age, she can't compare much to the big girls. Ten bucks says she'll blow 'em out of the water when she's older, though. But the maturity is a big thing for Brock, if nothing else - like I said, I can't see him being happy in a relationship where he feels like he's much more of an adult than his partner. It's the same reason why he didn't go after Duplica, or even Misty.

Wilhemina. And that was the most unrealistic interaction of Brock with a girl in the whole series, I'd bet. I dunno about anyone else, but I just wasn't feeling it. It felt like they stuck it in there to say "See? He's not utterly hopeless in love. Now let's go back to having his heart trampled on by every woman that looks his way."

But seeing as how you're anti-May and pro-Misty in general
Whoa! I'm not anti-May! I really like her! I used to hate her but now she has found a place into my heart (AdvanceCloneShipping) I just think she's rather bland-looking, but in the movies she was pretty.
Willemina was so beautiful! She would've been so good with Brock (to a certain extent), I think one of Brock's cutest loves was Melanie from the Bulbasaur village. He was very modest about having a crush on her. It was so cute
It would also be cute if they went out on a date together.....
Which gets me thinking
A little off topic but back in Cerulean City, Brock vanished during Ash's gym battle. My sister's boyfriend thinks he went on a date with the officer Jenny who rejected him. It makes ya think....

Pie said:
The only thing May is missing to be a good match for Brock, I think, is a couple of years of physical and mental maturity. It plays into everything, even her looks - while I admit she's a knockout for someone her age, she can't compare much to the big girls. Ten bucks says she'll blow 'em out of the water when she's older, though. But the maturity is a big thing for Brock, if nothing else - like I said, I can't see him being happy in a relationship where he feels like he's much more of an adult than his partner. It's the same reason why he didn't go after Duplica, or even Misty.

Agreed. Brock tends to not go for girls younger than him, which is shown with Misty, May, Casey, Duplica, Sakura, Kelly, and most of the other major girls on the show that were younger than he is.

May definitely would need a few years of maturing mentally before being good for Brock, she's just too young and playful for him. Someone like her may fit for someone Ash's age, but Brock tends to go for the 17+ crowd strictly. Also agreed on May, she looks very, very good as she is at age 10, but can you imagine May at 17? She'll be drop-dead gorgeous, and pretty much own most of the girls in the Pokemon world. The fact that she's only 10 and looks the way she does makes me wonder how she'll look as an actual teen.

Anyone for Brock/Delia? :p

Last edited:
Based on what we know about Brock, what do you think the ideal female companion for him would be like?

1) Posess a vagina

2) See 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom