• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Details for Halloween Party tournament, Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match announced: Both

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Details for Halloween Party tournament, Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match announced: Both ...

Details for the Halloween Party competition and the Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match competion that will be held in October have been announced. Halloween Party will be available to all international players. The Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match competition will only be open to Japan.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Details for Halloween Party tournament, Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match announced: B

So, I am confused about the Halloween tournament. Does the whole team have to be Ghost-Type, with one of them being Gourgeist, or is only Gorgeist required for it, and the other five can be whatever the heck we want?

Re: Details for Halloween Party tournament, Hoenn Pokémon NicoNico Match announced: B

So, I am confused about the Halloween tournament. Does the whole team have to be Ghost-Type, with one of them being Gourgeist, or is only Gorgeist required for it, and the other five can be whatever the heck we want?

All Ghost team with a mandatory Super Size Gourgeist in it.

Bleh, I dislike tournaments that necessitate non-Kalos-born Pokemon (which this will with Kyorge). Oh well, the Hoenn Tournament will probably be Japan-only anyway, being NicoNico.

No Rotom allowed in the Halloween tournament? That's odd. Maybe it's because its alternate forms aren't Ghost-type? Oh well, normal Rotom isn't that great anyway, so I probably wouldn't have used it. Anyway, looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Mega Gengar (unless someone finds a niche for Mega Banette in this format).

Unlike the Fairy Face-Off (which is lots of fun), where only Mawile and Klefki have access to a STAB move that is super-effective against most opponents, in the Halloween tournament everyone has a STAB move that is super effective against everyone except Spiritomb and Sableye (which may make those two particularly useful). As such, I don't see too much need for coverage moves, so I'm interested to see what people will fill the other move slots with. Brick Break won't be any use, so Light Screen and Reflect would actually be very powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom