Changes will be made to the age division for players in the 2022 season. It will increase by one year from the 2020 season. If a player qualified for Worlds as a Junior and is now a Senior, or was a Senior and is now a Masters player, their qualification for Worlds Day 1 will be the same as per the 2020 season.
- Junior Division: Born in 2010 or later
- Senior Division: Born in 2006, 2007, 2008, or 2009
- Masters Division: Born in 2005 or earlier
There will be two CP qualification thresholds:
- Thursday players: Players who reach the qualification bar that is the same as the 2020 bar. Therefore, players who previously qualified for Worlds are still qualified for 2022.
- Friday players: Players who reach a new CP qualification threshold set in 2021 or 2022. Players who hit the Friday CP threshold will skip play on Thursday.