Research Breakthrough encounters
When seven days of Field Research tasks are completed, Trainers will be able to encounter Alolan Grimer. Alolan Grimer's Shiny variant may also be encountered rarely.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
A different Pokémon and special bonus will be featured every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time:
- May 3: Wingull | 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- May 10: Numel | 2× Candy for transferring Pokémon
- May 17: Magikarp | 2× XP for evolving Pokémon
- May 24: Seel | 2× Stardust for catching Pokémon
- May 31: Pikipek | 2× XP for catching Pokémon
Raid rotations all start and end at 10:00 a.m. local time on the dates listed unless otherwise noted.
Featured Raid Pokémon
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids:
- Until May 3: Therian Forme Landorus ⁂
- May 10 - May 25: Tapu Fini (debut)
- May 25 to June 1: Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini
The following Pokémon will be featured in a Raid Hour event on every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time:
- May 4: Mega Latias ⁂ and Mega Latios ⁂
- May 11, May 18, May 25: Tapu Fini
- May 25: Tapu Koko
- May 25: Tapu Lele
- May 25: Tapu Bulu
The following Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids:
- May 3: Mega Kangaskhan ⁂
- May 3 - May 10: Mega Latias ⁂ and Mega Latios ⁂
- May 10 - May 25: Mega Blastoise ⁂
- May 25 - June 1: Mega Altaria ⁂
Several additional events were also announced for May 2022. Stay tuned for details about these upcoming events.
- Pokémon Air Adventures: Set sights on the sky. The first Legendary Pokémon that can Mega Evolve in Pokémon GO: Mega Latias and Mega Latios, will be featured from Tuesday, May 3, 2022, to Sunday, May 8, 2022.
- Water Festival: Look out for a surge of Water-type Pokémon from Thursday, May 12, 2022, to Friday, May 20, 2022.
- May Community Day: On Saturday, May 21, 2022, Alolan Geodude, the Rock Pokémon, will appear in the wild.
- Alola to Alola: From Wednesday, May 25, 2022, to Tuesday, May 31, 2022, celebrate and look back at all the adventures Trainers have had this year with Pokémon found in Alola.
Avatar items rewarded from the Season of Heritage Timed Research will be available for purchase from the in-game shop for Trainers who were not able to obtain them previously:
- Deino Hat
- Goomy Hat
- Noibat Hat
A new buddy widget will be available in early May. This widget can be added to a player's device's home screen to keep track of the set Buddy Pokémon and keeping track of the progress of certain objectives, like hatching Eggs or earning Buddy Candy. These widgets will allow to see the progress towards these objectives at a glance. Additionally, tapping them will bring up the relevant screen in Pokémon GO. These widgets work best when Adventure Sync are enabled.
For Apple Devices
- From your Home Screen, tap and hold a widget or an empty area until the apps jiggle.
- Tap the Add button in the upper-left corner.
- Select the Pokémon GO widget, then tap Add Widget.
- Tap Done.
- On a Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Widgets .
- Tap and hold the Pokémon GO widget. You’ll get images of your Home screens.
- Slide the widget to where you want it. Lift your finger to place the widget.
How to add Pokémon GO widgets to your device home screen — Pokémon GO Help CenterIf you want to track your progress towards certain objectives, like hatching Eggs or earning Buddy Candy, you can add a helpful widget to yourniantic.helpshift.com