• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Details on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced: E3 presentation reveals trailer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Details on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced: E3 presentation reveals trailer, release date

Nintendo's E3 announcements have included further details on the forthcoming Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, which are now set to be released on November 21 for Japan, North America and Australia, and November 28 for Europe.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Details on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced: E3 presentation reveals trail

A few thoughts:

Their new forms occur through a process called Primal Reversion, which is said to be connected to Mega Evolution – At first, I thought that's probably what they're going to say Mega Evolution "is", reverting to an earlier form (or forms), but that wouldn't necessarily work with Mewtwo.

Groudon gains the Fire type – Yay Fire type Groudon! XD

Both of them have their usual Abilities boosted in some as-yet unspecified way – They probably revert to permanent sun/rain, instead of the new 'only five turns' thing.

Also, does the pic of the player on a boat mean less surfing?

Re: Details on Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire announced: E3 presentation reveals trail

Also, does the pic of the player on a boat mean less surfing?
Well, there was still a boat in Ruby/Sapphire that you used to get to different parts of the map before you got Surf and the ability to use it...so no. Probably not.

This trailer is everything I have imagined and more. So, so epic. I love the first part. That is how I imagined Hoenn to look in real life. It looks like the area that would be Dewford Cave.

Also, Roxanne looks super cute. ^_^

Tears of happiness. Oh gosh. Ohhhhh gosh.

I CANNOT WAAAAIIIIT

also re: that trailer

it seems like they're really trying to drive home the fact that brendan's hair is not and has never been his white hat, ffff i'm laughing

I am more excited for this than I was for X and Y to be honest. I don't really care for the art for the region map, however

Yes! The time for rejoice and looking to the future had begun! ...And it's time to go to Gamestop for a preorder, then wait for the large time span between my birthday and November 21.

I don't like Swampert's Mega form but Sceptile looks great!

Its nostalgic to see my first pokemon game remastered in 3d! :')

Yes! The time for rejoice and looking to the future had begun! ...And it's time to go to Gamestop for a preorder, then wait for the large time span between my birthday and November 21.

I'm going there to preorder mine Thursday. xD Can't wait!

This sums up how I feel about this announcement, pretty much:

r7ppqg.gif

A few thoughts:

Their new forms occur through a process called Primal Reversion, which is said to be connected to Mega Evolution – At first, I thought that's probably what they're going to say Mega Evolution "is", reverting to an earlier form (or forms), but that wouldn't necessarily work with Mewtwo.
There's information on Groudon and Kyogre's form on the Japanese website and a translation of it can be found here:

The Paleolithic Age—-.
There is energy flowing throughout the natural world, and that energy brought Groudon and Kyogre overwhelming power.
These two, demanding ever more of the energy, often clashed with each other again and again, putting the people and Pokemon of Hoenn’s lives greatly in jeopardy.
When these two Pokemon became full of overwhelming power from this natural energy, future generations came to describe this state as Primal Recursion, and each of their forms were called “Primal Groudon” and “Primal Kyogre.”

So Primal Reversion doesn't necessarily refer to going back to an earlier form as initially thought. Perhaps "Primal Reversion" refers to going back to this fundamental source of energy as a source of power. In Groudon and Kyogre, its the power from nature.

That intro video in the game was very nice, more than I'd expected. I didn't know Latias had dolphin's skin though; I thought he was a bird, with feathers. I guess he's meant to look like a dragon. The reason I thought he had feathers was because I've heard he uses the feathers to make himself invisible. Maybe he has some sort of scales instead for the same purpose.

I knew Groudon would gain a fire type. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom