March Research Breakthrough encounters
When seven days of Field Research tasks are completed, players will be able to encounter Alolan Vulpix. Lucky players may even encounter its Shiny variant.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
A different Pokémon and special bonus will be featured every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time:
- March 1: Cubone | 2× Candy for transferring Pokémon
- March 8: Exeggcute | 2× XP for evolving Pokémon
- March 15: Growlithe | 2× Catch Stardust
- March 22: Sudowoodo | 2× Catch XP
- March 29: Paras | 2× Catch Candy
Raid rotations all start and end at 10:00 a.m. local time, except as otherwise noted.
Featured Raid Pokémon
The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids throughout March 2022:
- March 1 - March 15, 2022: Tapu Koko (Pokémon GO debut)
- March 15 - March 22: Therian Forme Tornadus ⁂
- March 22 - April 5: To Be Announced
Every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time, the following Pokémon will be featured in a Raid Hour event:
- March 2 & 9: Tapu Koko
- March 16: Therian Forme Tornadus
- March 23 & 30: To Be Announced
The following Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids (their Shiny variants can also be encountered):
- March 1 to March 15: Mega Venusaur
- March 15 to March 22: Mega Lopunny
- March 22 to April 5: Mega Charizard Y
Upcoming events this March
The Mouse Pokémon Sandshrew will be the featured Pokémon for March 2022's Pokémon GO Community Day. Both Sandshrew and Alolan Sandshrew will be appearing more frequently in the wild during this event, and its Shiny variant can also be encountered. The event will be held on Sunday, March 13, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
When you evolve Sandshrew into Sandslash during, or within two hours after the event, it will learn the Charged Attack Night Slash. The move will deal 50 damage in Trainer Battles, in Gyms, and in raids.
Evolve Alolan Sandshrew during the event or up to two hours afterward to get an Alolan Sandslash that knows the Fast Attack Shadow Claw. It will deal 6 power in Trainer Battles and 9 power in Gyms and raids.
The following event bonuses will also be active throughout the event:
- 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during the event period.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise.
- Get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Several additional events were also announced for March. Stay tuned for details about these upcoming events.
- Welcome to Alola: Get ready to meet Pokémon first found in the Alola region of the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. This season's kick-off event will run from March 1, 2022, to March 9, 2022. You can read our coverage of the event here, together with more information on the Season of Alola.
- Festival of Colors: From Tuesday, March 15, 2022, to Sunday, March 20, 2022, experience a fluttering of festive hues during the Festival of Colors.
- Lush Jungle: From Tuesday, March 22, 2022, to Tuesday, March 29, 2022, get ready to brave the jungle during this Alola-inspired adventure.