• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though to be fair, I'm not sure there ever was a way to have Likitung in Live Action and it not be ugly...

The first some of trading cards that tie in to the movie

She looks better now. Apparently being happy DOES make you look better.
Well, slightly better. Those eyes still look weird to me.

I've been rewatching S1 and was thinking about how Lickitung is actually pretty freaky looking, even in animation. It being creepy in "real life" doesn't really phase me for this reason; it actually makes a lot of sense.

I do still find Jigglypuff with hair kind of weird. I saw the Lego Movie 2 the other day, and they played the Detective Pikachu trailer before it. My friend initially said she didn't mind the hair, but then I pointed out to her Jigglypuff is supposed to be like a balloon and to me, the hair makes it look like someone rolled a balloon in like...cat or dog hair and got it attached by static. That changed her mind pretty fast, lol.

Here's something that just hit me...a lot of the Pokemon featured in this so far have been in SM at some point or another...so it makes me curious if we'll the rest like a Snubull, Bulbasaur, and/or Greninja at some point... :unsure:

I'm likely dead wrong as usual and it's just a coincidence, but I got curious.

Here's something that just hit me...a lot of the Pokemon featured in this so far have been in SM at some point or another...so it makes me curious if we'll the rest like a Snubull, Bulbasaur, and/or Greninja at some point... :unsure:

I'm likely dead wrong as usual and it's just a coincidence, but I got curious.
Bulbasaur has already appeared, but Joltik, Ludicolo and Dodrio haven't. I doubt the anime and the movie's teams have been sharing information as the movie isn't even based on the anime.

Off topic, but a new trailer for the Detective Pikachu movie is gonna be released in the next 2 weeks. I heard people said it's gonna be shown on Pokemon Day.

Attachments

• IMG_0648.PNG
    IMG_0648.PNG
    393 KB · Views: 114
TVTOKYO airs the trailer with english dub and japanese subtitles. So, are they planning to dub it into japanese, or just air with subs?

It will get dubbed, of course. They announced Tim's VA (Takeuchi Ryoma) a while back.

%E3%80%90%E5%90%8D%E6%8E%A2%E5%81%B5%E3%83%94%E3%82%AB%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A6%E3%80%911129%E8%A3%BD%E4%BD%9C%E5%A0%B1%E5%91%8A%E4%BC%9A%E8%A6%8B%E2%91%A0-1.jpg

Oddly enough, Pikachu's VA is still unknown. It would be funny if Ken Watanabe didn't dub his own character.

Last edited:
Mewtwo...or Freiza?
YOU decide!

Nice to see that even more Pokemon outside of Gen 1 got!

Though I could've lived my life without seeing Snorlax with man-boobs :sick:
And Aipom shouldn't be so scary! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom