• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pokemon Observer
Reaction score
It is a late reply to this thread, but TBH, this movie really grew onto me!

Although I do have some issues with the designs of the hyper-realistic pokemons, as I personally have an own artistic realm and norm when trying to convert cartoonish characters or drawings into photorealistic artwork, where I think this movie didn't do a great job in this area. But because my expectations on Hollywood live action movies were never too much on the character designs, hence it wasn't too much of a problem for me.

If I am watching a movie, the first thing I care about is the story plot and the filming techniques, where those two are most of the time a pass for Hollywood (as always). The humor is really hilarious!

I don't think this movie will be any disaster. If there is any negativity from anyone, then it will either because 1) one is expecting too much (I guess this is just the fate of any well-known brand), or 2) The inability of cartoon-reality artistic segregation, often true for many anime/cartoon diehard fans.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
If there's Zubat or its evolutions, or the other bat-like Pokémon...you can bet my mom is going to run out screaming. Fear of bats and butterflies, you know.

The Pokemon Observer
Reaction score
I better not getting involve with all these hyper-realistic monster insect talks. Who knows what it may end up pointing to something like these? (Sorry I'm already pointing to it......)

Son of Aphrodite(?)
Reaction score
I better not getting involve with all these hyper-realistic monster insect talks. Who knows what it may end up pointing to something like these? (Sorry I'm already pointing to it......)

This is the kind of thing where I'm like "Okay, sure, this is fine." While everybody else is running around screaming "Oh god! No! Kill it with fire!"

Reaction score
I wonder how the other Pokemon will communicate? We know Pikachu will speak human and will be voiced by Ryan Reynolds. I wonder if they will use their anime cry and be voiced by their respective TPCi VA? Or will they just use a standard growl/roar like in Origins and Generations? I know Jigglypuff will be singing her song as seen in the trailer. I wonder how she will sound like. I can't wait to see more future trailers to find out.

Reaction score
I wonder how the other Pokemon will communicate? We know Pikachu will speak human and will be voiced by Ryan Reynolds. I wonder if they will use their anime cry and be voiced by their respective TPCi VA? Or will they just use a standard growl/roar like in Origins and Generations? I know Jigglypuff will be singing her song as seen in the trailer. I wonder how she will sound like. I can't wait to see more future trailers to find out.
More than likely they'll use their anime cries as they way pokemon speak. Similar to the games. However they might not get the original actors for each pokemon to voice em, nor do I think they have to since it has been shown that some pokemon have different voices to others already seen.

Son of Aphrodite(?)
Reaction score
Pikachu uses it's anime cry for that one gag in the trailer so I assume they'll all use their anime cries.

Status
Not open for further replies.