• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Cinematic Universe?

Gee wilikers, I can't wait to see this new cinematic universe....

quickly fizzle and die out and then be abandoned just like every other cinematic universe that is not named Marvel because at least they know not to chuck all their eggs in one basket unlike say DC (even though they're still going) or that Ghostbusters universe or that Universal horror film universe (that I've forgotten the name of).

So we'll have...

Pokemon Main Games Universe
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Universe
Pokemon GO/LET'S GO Universe
Pokemon TV Anime Series Universe
Pokemon Adventures/Special Universe
Detective Pikachu Universe
Pokemon TCG Universe (if it is a thing)

So we'll have...

And that's not counting the rest of the manga, like Magical Pokémon Journey, Pokémon Thief 7, Pocket Monsters (the one with the fugly Clefairy), etc. I feel that in some years, Pokémon could compete with Marvel in the multiverse department.

EDIT: And there's also the Trophy World from Super Smash Bros.

So we'll have...

And that's not counting the rest of the manga, like Magical Pokémon Journey, Pokémon Thief 7, Pocket Monsters (the one with the fugly Clefairy), etc. I feel that in some years, Pokémon could compete with Marvel in the multiverse department.

EDIT: And there's also the Trophy World from Super Smash Bros.
The games itself also consist of multiple universes, the remakes are in a different timeline than the original games.

Then there's also Pokémon Origins, Pokémon Generations, the movie universe that started with M20, and the main anime itself has also presented a couple of alternate universes.

And there's probably a lot more I'm currently not thinking of in the franchise as a whole.

I had to go look at RJ Palmer's gallery because you got me curious, but I found nothing. He also seems to think the Dratini line are axolotls.

Just... get him away from Mewtwo. The one he did looked hideous.

They're also working on a separate spin-off movie to this one, which will focus on Mewtwo. It seems that they may connect the three movies through Mewtwo.
6j6Axg0.png

A sequel has been pretty much confirmed. Mewtwo is rumored to be in both movies.

If the first movie is anything like the game, the central question about Tim's dad and what happened to Pikachu won't really be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom