• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be willing to overlook the fact that Ryan Reynolds mispronounced "Arceus" with a soft C instead of a hard one. Just so long as Arceus, my favorite Pokémon, gets any recognition.
The correct pronounciation of Arceus's name is one of the longest-running debates in the Pokémon community.

You guys know this movie will be in my Blu-Ray library in the end, right?

I pray my mom won't want me to stop the projector just so I can tell her what each Pokémon is on the screen.

There's a lot of promotional merch for Detective Pikachu. There's a TCG set with the 3D Greninja promotional card.

"Casting" video that gives us a better look at all of them, and reveals some previously unshown mons, including some surprises.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198gzllaumo

All regions represent!
The only thing that would be perfect is if they threw in a cameo by a Galar guy ;)

Say...since they're still saying their names...are they being voiced by VAs from the show, or just some guys?

PS: please tell me Mewtwo's not going to spout a bunch of existential blabbity-blee-blah again...

"Casting" video that gives us a better look at all of them, and reveals some previously unshown mons, including some surprises.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198gzllaumo

All regions represent!
The only thing that would be perfect is if they threw in a cameo by a Galar guy ;)

Say...since they're still saying their names...are they being voiced by VAs from the show, or just some guys?

PS: please tell me Mewtwo's not going to spout a bunch of existential blabbity-blee-blah again...

aipom looks so scary omg, im kinda digging it i guess. Also now that i think about i kinda hope we get a cameo from Team Rocket

It looks like the daydreams of my 10 year old self brought to life. Never could I have imagined the progress technology would have made to allow these kinds of special effects, and seeing Pokemon 'in the flesh' after all these years just brings me this childlike sense of wonderment.

Sure, the movie's probably going to be corny as all hell, but that's part of the charm.

Mr. Mime looks a bit creepy on the trailer. But still, I can't wait to see this movie.

It's been six years since I've been to the cinema. This is the first time I feel like going to movies again after all the years. The trailers have been promoting the movie great and the hype is well structured. I am hoping we will have it with subtitles and not dubbed, otherwise I'd be disappointed to wait until DVD release.

It's been six years since I've been to the cinema. This is the first time I feel like going to movies again after all the years. The trailers have been promoting the movie great and the hype is well structured. I am hoping we will have it with subtitles and not dubbed, otherwise I'd be disappointed to wait until DVD release.
Interesting, I feel like the complete opposite. I go to the movies once in a while (mainly genres and franchises I'm invested in) but I don't feel like going to the theater to see this at all. I strongly dislike the designs of the Pokémon and the trailers and other marketing haven't worked for me whatsoever for the most part.

That said, I know I'm well in the minority and I have no doubt this movie will be a huge success, something I'd be happy about regardless of my own personal feelings.

Interesting, I feel like the complete opposite. I go to the movies once in a while (mainly genres and franchises I'm invested in) but I don't feel like going to the theater to see this at all. I strongly dislike the designs of the Pokémon and the trailers and other marketing haven't worked for me whatsoever for the most part.

That said, I know I'm well in the minority and I have no doubt this movie will be a huge success, something I'd be happy about regardless of my own personal feelings.
What I particularly like about the movie is that what the franchise has given us so far is extremely limited content of the Pokémon world. A ten-year-old boy/girl going out there, catching Pokémon and achieving their dream, whatever it may be. The animé follows what it does every generation (although I like the animé show, that is the fact), games are just the same. The annual movies could do something different but instead they keep on going with a legendary Pokémon with the very same crew.

Now thanks to US, we have a different approach to the depth of this world. Those irrelevant to collect badges and train hard content is interesting enough to see something refresh and worth to wait, in my opinion. As much as I love the franchise, it feels like the same things overwhelm me time to time, be it Ash or his Pikachu, or the same formula we keep seeing and seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom