• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of glad they picked a different and apparently less popular spin-off to turn into a movie. I played Detective Pikachu when it came out and, while much more based in reality with Pokemon included, is a fun game with its charm. Of course, its mysteries and investigative plots are very light and weak, especially after compared to other series (it's nowhere near as good as Danganronpa, for example. By my avatar and custom title it's pretty obvious I'm a fan correct? xD)

I have no opinion, right now, about they going to a more realistic visual. It may be interesting... Depending on the way it's done...
My curiosity, other than that, is the story itself. Are they working with the same concept of "Pokemon going through rampages due to a fabricated substance" or something else?

nightmare_fuel.png

Wow, only Hollywood could make my beloved Pancham look this bad. Also, R.I.P. any chance this movie had of opening at #1.

Did people expect the movie to look like this?

Well, did anyone want to see a realistic Mickey Mouse?

There are a lot of Pokémon that are very cartoonish and would look awful if made realistically. And Pikachu is more on the cartoonish side of the spectrum.

Personally, I need to see their Pikachu before making any judgement yet.

I know I'm being massively critical on how the film's Pokemon would look like but I'll admit, stuff like Mimikyu could turn out well.

Apparently a very early screening for it left people with very good impressions. Only alarming thing in this news report was "hyperrealistic Pokemon...like Rocket the Raccoon"

Early Detective Pikachu Movie Screening Receives Very Positive Reaction, Features "Great Surprises"

Also the trailer has been rated PG so it will probably be coming out soon

That's cool if true...but sounds a bit a little fishy...

Sure, a rough version probably exists at this point, but it stills feels a a little early for test audiences. :cautious: (though I don't know about timelines for this kind of thing)
And even then..I'm just too wary of video game movies to believe it's as good as this article says (even if it turns out to be true) :(
If it's true, so much the better. But I'm going to need a little more...

Many easter eggs? Wonder what that will be? The only thing that bothers me is the superrealistic pokémon, I am not a fan of that. But otherwise I think this movie will be OK. As long as more pokémon than the Kanto ones appear that will be good

I was coming on here to post the trailer. I actually love what they did so far! I'm definitely seeing this in theatres.

It is so weird to see hyper realistic Pokemon. It isn't bad. I especially like the detail to the fur for Pikachu, but it's just so different than what I'm used to, particularly with some Pokemon having more scales. It wasn't as strange to hear Ryan Reynolds voice Pikachu oddly enough. The details for Pikachu's expressions probably helped. The trailer itself looked pretty neat and it does make me want to get the game before the movie comes out. I still haven't picked it up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom