• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a late reply to this thread, but TBH, this movie really grew onto me!

Although I do have some issues with the designs of the hyper-realistic pokemons, as I personally have an own artistic realm and norm when trying to convert cartoonish characters or drawings into photorealistic artwork, where I think this movie didn't do a great job in this area. But because my expectations on Hollywood live action movies were never too much on the character designs, hence it wasn't too much of a problem for me.

If I am watching a movie, the first thing I care about is the story plot and the filming techniques, where those two are most of the time a pass for Hollywood (as always). The humor is really hilarious!

I don't think this movie will be any disaster. If there is any negativity from anyone, then it will either because 1) one is expecting too much (I guess this is just the fate of any well-known brand), or 2) The inability of cartoon-reality artistic segregation, often true for many anime/cartoon diehard fans.

If there's Zubat or its evolutions, or the other bat-like Pokémon...you can bet my mom is going to run out screaming. Fear of bats and butterflies, you know.

4E9D8C7C-BBF1-4C58-AF6A-0254CEB2B811.jpeg
Better, no bug pokemon at all.
Too late. They already have joltik.

I better not getting involve with all these hyper-realistic monster insect talks. Who knows what it may end up pointing to something like these? (Sorry I'm already pointing to it......)
6eef0a16ec01850d12ed0138e405ea05.jpg

latest

3D-Game-Monster-Insect-Creation-using-ZBrush-and-3ds-Max.png

I better not getting involve with all these hyper-realistic monster insect talks. Who knows what it may end up pointing to something like these? (Sorry I'm already pointing to it......)
6eef0a16ec01850d12ed0138e405ea05.jpg

latest

3D-Game-Monster-Insect-Creation-using-ZBrush-and-3ds-Max.png
This is the kind of thing where I'm like "Okay, sure, this is fine." While everybody else is running around screaming "Oh god! No! Kill it with fire!"

I wonder how the other Pokemon will communicate? We know Pikachu will speak human and will be voiced by Ryan Reynolds. I wonder if they will use their anime cry and be voiced by their respective TPCi VA? Or will they just use a standard growl/roar like in Origins and Generations? I know Jigglypuff will be singing her song as seen in the trailer. I wonder how she will sound like. I can't wait to see more future trailers to find out.

I wonder how the other Pokemon will communicate? We know Pikachu will speak human and will be voiced by Ryan Reynolds. I wonder if they will use their anime cry and be voiced by their respective TPCi VA? Or will they just use a standard growl/roar like in Origins and Generations? I know Jigglypuff will be singing her song as seen in the trailer. I wonder how she will sound like. I can't wait to see more future trailers to find out.
More than likely they'll use their anime cries as they way pokemon speak. Similar to the games. However they might not get the original actors for each pokemon to voice em, nor do I think they have to since it has been shown that some pokemon have different voices to others already seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom