• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dexit and the DLC

Okay, so we know 42% of Pokémon introduced in Sinnoh was left out. But just to support hints that the Diamond and Pearl remakes could end Dexit, how much of the missing Pokémon were in the Platinum Pokédex? How much of the missing Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokémon not in Sinnoh or Galar's regional dex were easy to obtain in the post-game? Are there any Sinnoh areas to put the missing Unova, Kalos and Alola Pokémon?

If they do use Diamond and Pearl remakes to give us the remaining Pokémon, I sure hope they don't change too much of the graphics and engine to make Galar Pokémon incompatible with Sinnoh remakes. I hope they can patch Sword and Shield to allow transferring all the Pokémon available in Sinnoh to Galar. If they improve the graphics, it has to be some minor stuff the fans were complaining about.

Okay, so we know 42% of Pokémon introduced in Sinnoh was left out. But just to support hints that the Diamond and Pearl remakes could end Dexit, how much of the missing Pokémon were in the Platinum Pokédex? How much of the missing Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokémon not in Sinnoh or Galar's regional dex were easy to obtain in the post-game? Are there any Sinnoh areas to put the missing Unova, Kalos and Alola Pokémon?
The only gen1-4 Pokémon missing from the Sinnoh games were the starters from gen 1-3 and all gen 1-3 legendaries apart from the birds and Regis.

Looking at Serebii, the Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow and Ekans families are missing and it's obvious that they are not in the Sinnoh Dex because the National Dex started with Pikachu when you first get it. The Paras, Venonat, Mankey and Bellsprout lines aren't in Galar or Sinnoh either. Geodude is missing from Galar but it is in the Sinnoh Dex. Doduo is missing in Galar and it's one of a few Kanto Pokémon in Hoenn that didn't return to Sinnoh's listing. Seel, Drowzee, Grimer and Voltorb didn't make it either. And that's it for the Kanto Pokémon. Wow, so only Geodude, Graveler and Golem were the only Kanto Pokémon in the Sinnoh Dex to not make it to Galar yet? Well, at least Weedle and Ekans are available in Dual-Slot mode. Pidgey, Doduo, Drowzee and Voltorb are in swarms. Venonat, Mankey and Grimer can be found with the Poké Radar. Rattata, Spearow, Seel and Bellsprout can be caught in the Battle Zone, and Paras appears in the Great Marsh post-game. But still, out of the 34 missing Kanto Pokémon, only 3 are in the Sinnoh Dex. That's 9%.

Now on to the Johto Pokémon. The Johto starters Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile are still not available in the Galar Dex and they weren't available in Generation IV without Pal Park until HeartGold and SoulSilver. Sentret, Ledyba, Spinarak, Mareep, Hoppip, Sunkern, Pineco, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Slugma, Phanpy, Stantler and Smeargle aren't in Galar or Sinnoh either. Aipom, Yanma, Misdreavus, Murkrow and Gligar isn't in Galar but thanks to their evolutions Ambipom, Yanmega, Mismagius, Honchkrow and Gliscor I know they're in Sinnoh. Unown, Girafarig, Houndour aren't in Galar but they're in Sinnoh. 9/44 = 20%.

Now the Hoenn Pokémon. Wurmple, Nosepass, Meditite, Tropius, Chimecho was in the Sinnoh Dex. Poochyena, Taillow, Surskit, Shroomish, Slakoth, Makuhita, Skitty, Plusle & Minun, Volbeat, Illimuse, Gulpin, Numel, Spoink, Spinda, Cacnea, Zangoose, Seviper, Kecleon, Shuppet, Clamperl, Luvdisc and Deoxys were not. 10/48 = 21%

And Sinnoh, we all know only 7 Sinnoh Pokémon were excluded from their own Dex in Platinum. Three of them are in Galar's code. So 40/44 = 91%.

Okay so the total percentage of missing Pokémon that could be filled by the Sinnoh Dex, not counting Unova or beyond: 62/170 = 36%. Now count all the later generations 62/233 = 27%.

If the Diamond and Pearl remakes used only the Platinum Pokédex and didn't expand it or give us the National Dex, there'd be 171 Pokémon still unobtainable in Generation 8. But Diamond and Pearl had every National Dex Pokémon catchable in the post game other than the past starters, legendaries, and Tangela and Tropius. The latter two ended up in the Platinum expansion. If the National Dex Pokémon can be caught the same way in the remakes, the dual-slot mode can be changed to something more compatible with the Switch, a Johto starter can be picked as soon as you pick up the National Dex, the seven Sinnoh Legendaries & Mythicals finally get in the regional dex and are required to be caught in the story, and the remaining 63 Pokémon from Unova, Kalos and Alola can be placed somewhere in Sinnoh, we can have the full National Dex in a Gen 8 game. So yeah, while the percentage of Sinnoh Dex Pokémon are small, that doesn't mean they can't give us the remaining Pokémon in a Sinnoh remake. Especially with the National Dex as a big part of the post-game that they would even leave a few Sinnoh Pokémon out of the regional Pokédex.

It's still possible that the remakes may bring back the missing Pokemon (especially the Gen 5 to 7 Pokemon) and if this came out to be true, be prepare for SwSh another patch to add in the remaining Pokemon aside from the issues the games had in the current state.

It's still possible that the remakes may bring back the missing Pokemon (especially the Gen 5 to 7 Pokemon) and if this came out to be true, be prepare for SwSh another patch to add in the remaining Pokemon aside from the issues the games had in the current state.
How often do game developers patch a game after the next game comes out? Don't they usually abandon the previous game to work on the next? I would like it if they can patch the Sinnoh improvements into Galar, but what are the chances that only Sinnoh would have all the Pokémon? What if they stop the patches to work on Sinnoh? Or maybe if we're lucky, they would make the final patch a an update for compatibility with the new games.

I think we shouldn't exclusively look at the Sinnoh dex, but also at the 'mons available in the Sinnoh region come national dex.

I think we shouldn't exclusively look at the Sinnoh dex, but also at the 'mons available in the Sinnoh region come national dex.
Every Pokémon in the National Dex are obtainable in Sinnoh. The only Pokémon that requires Pal Park or HeartGold/SoulSilver are the past starters and some legendaries. And the remakes can do what Emerald, HeartGold/SoulSilver and OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire did and let you choose from sets from the missing regions at certain points in the post-game. And Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno could fly around Sinnoh just like in Platinum and have Entei, Suicune and Raikou join them. New areas that were not in Diamond, Pearl or Platinum can open up. Because I want the new Sinnoh Dex to include all the Sinnoh Pokémon including the seven missing Legendaries, and to keep the "See 'em all" challenge for the National Dex reward, obviously you gotta catch Heatran at Stark Mountain so the path from Fight Area to Stark Mountain will have to be clear of National Dex Pokémon that are to be moved to the other side of the Battle Zone that's closed until the post-game, or be found with the Poké Radar. Maybe even add some new areas? There are some bits of the Sinnoh continent cropped off the map. And places like Mt. Coronet could be expanded upon. You can probably have Reshiram and Zekrom appear at Spear Pillar. Several new ice types like Bergmite and Vanillite can show up in the snowy area around Snowpoint. New fire types like Darumaka can show up at Stark Mountain in areas that are not on the path to Heatran. Iron Island is the best place for new steel types. The Super Rod can fish many new water types. There are many environments in Sinnoh that you can put new Pokémon in. And with the Poké Radar, Super Rod, and post-game areas, the Sinnoh remakes can do what other Pokémon remakes did in the past in making every Pokémon available in the generation.

Well, if there's no Sinnoh remake, perhaps they can make a third DLC island that includes the remaining 234 Pokémon. Isle of Armor Pokédex has 211 Pokémon while Crown Tundra Pokédex has 210. And there are a lot of Pokémon not in the Galar Pokédex but are still programmed in the game and obtainable. So a third DLC pack can easily complete the collection of Pokémon.

The Irish would hate that as they really don't like being seen as part of the UK.

Can we not? It really bothers me when stuff like this is said on a Pokémon forum.

To suggest for a second that a fictitious island being placed next to a fictitious region in a fictitious universe, simply inspired by Ireland and its close proximity to the UK (but named something totally different) would insult an Irish Pokémon fan or a Unionist Pokémon fan for political reasons... not only totally diminishes and undermines the Irish Troubles and conflict between Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland but it also makes an incredibly complex, deep, historical issue seem minuscule when mentioned so flippantly. I’m sure that was not your intention but please in the future, refrain. It comes across as if you’re trying to sound educated and cultured but in actual fact mentioning such things in a Pokémon context give off the opposite impression.

I’m Scottish and for a multitude of reasons (which won’t be discussed here) I don’t particularly like being seen as part of the UK either, even though Scotland is a country within the UK.

My point is... one is politics, the other is Pokémon. You see how ludicrous it is to group them together, right?

I’m sorry if this response comes across as disproportionate... I’ve just seen so many comments along these lines since the initial speculation and subsequent reveal of Galar and in my honest opinion, Bulbagarden has not done enough to dissuade people from getting into topics that they know little or nothing about.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom