1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.
  2. Bring your favorite pen to write your shipper heart out for Shippers' Paradise's first Short Story and Poetry Competition! Find the rules and further information in this thread
  3. Maniacal Engineer stopped being lazy and finally made a third episode of Bulbacast BTS. You can watch it right here.

Dialga's Gate: The Time Rift Zone (Seasonal Zone)

Discussion in 'Fizzy Bubbles' started by Astre, Mar 2, 2018.

  1. Balmund

    Balmund Deadly

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2012
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Bel was somewhat astounded by the ease with which Asim swallowed the whole story. Too easy! Maybe it was just a result of simple folk living a simple life on simpler times, but she still half expected some sort of resistance. Asim may either be too naive, or dream too big, or maybe both. Nonetheless, it helped her cause that she would let the story bolster her fantasies. It should be fine as long as the cabbage lady didn't stick around for too long; it was nearing the time where she would outlive her usefulness.

    With that in consideration Bel excused herself and took a moment to change her sweaty training clothes for a more appropriate outfit. A part of her worried that her Rocket tattoo might be revealed to the public, but it wasn't like it held any particular meaning at this point in time, nor would the rest of the ink in her body. Hopefully it wouldn't cause the wrong impression to the locals.

    "You might want to give these a wash before trying them on. Just saying." She chuckled a bit. "Well? Waddya think? I'm surprised these fit as nice as they do. Thanks again, Asim. As for the wise men, or nerds if you insist, I believe I have an idea where either they, or their writings, might be, and this'll be the last favor I ask of you: Can you point me to the library? And I mean THE library. The largest center of knowledge in the whole region. Where else would the wise gather, after all?"
     
  2. Meetan

    Meetan Fizzytopian Idol

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2012
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0


    It was like something straight out of a drama, and Alice's heart was racing so very quickly. As an idol, even one who was going the road, the expectations of her forgoing love for the fans and for her dreams still rested very much upon her shoulders. Maybe that was why Ivan wasn't so pushy or blatant as he had once been since she had first met him in the plains of the Cloud Garden. That didn't stop her being perverse or flirting a little, of course, admiring the scenery and all that. Millie thoroughly enjoyed the treat, munching away as the handsome man bowed and introduced himself.

    "Oh! I'm Alice. It's lovely to meet you." The adventurer bowed in return, cheeks a nice rosy red that looked intense next to Millie's pink fur and the Love Balls she carried in her bag. She agreed with his words, lamenting that she loved the cherry blossoms too, even if her artwork left room to be desired. Alice made sure to remain relatively still, the cow moving into the backdrop but still in view. The Pokemon didn't make a fuss, but she could tell that her trainer was still feeling flustered and bashful from the man in front of her. What Millie perhaps didn't realise was that, as much as she wanted to be swept up by this stranger's sweetness, part of her wondered if he seduced and sketched all the gals and bois and non-binary pals. It wouldn't surprise her, even if this was a more conservative age or place. Admittedly, though, it could've been the future and Alice wouldn't know right now.

    "I think it's amazing!" The blonde exclaimed, genuinely excited and impressed at the sight. It was brilliant what he had managed, too, since he had put together such a portrait from his imagination as much as he had the scene around him. Millie moo'd her agreement, bobble-tail wagging a bit at her portrayal. They had seen fanart of themselves before, of course, but this was different to anything else that had been attributed to them. "I think artists are always changing and developing their skills and stuff. But I bet you can, and you will! And I'd love to see all your work." When Kaito began to leave, Alice faltered, exchanging glances with the Miltank. It was obvious Alice couldn't hold herself back even if she tried.

    "H- hey! Sorry to bother you, and I won't keep you if you don't want to be kept, but we're new around here..." Alice trailed off, "I'm not asking you to tour guide or anything, but... Where're you off to? Is there anywhere around here you'd recommend we go? Touristy or otherwise." She was rambling, goodness, but oh well. "My Pokemon and I are pretty tough, too, so... If you know anything going on, or people who might need a hand, we'd be up for helping out!"
     
  3. Raves

    Raves No need for the disco

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1,219
    Likes Received:
    6
    "Wait, Xig!"

    "Wimwimwimwim..."

    It happened so quickly he didn't have time to comprehend the situation. One moment he was taking a hike with his Wimpod and the next he heard a terrible sound, one that spooked the easily spooked bug pokemon. As he ran after the isopod he was calling out to, he cursed himself for not having a tighter grip on the pokemon, and now Xigua was loose and terrified. He rushed after his comfort pokemon, not wanting to lose him, and in his pursuit failed to notice the ripple ahead of him as he dived onto the bug pokemon. The Wimpod squealed and wriggled, but eventually gave up the struggle and flopped over in his arms as he gasped for air after the impromptu chase. It was only then he looked up and saw everything wobbling.

    Was it fatigue or something? He knew not, but after closing his eyes and giving his head a shake, Rory found himself in what was decidedly not the outskirts of New Fizz City. The bug wiggled his forelimbs and peered around the vicinity, before popping out of the teen's grip.

    "Xig, don't run off like that! I'd hate if something happened to you..." he paused, taking in his surroundings. There was unusual architecture, and what seemed like some sort of large building, much like what he had read up on in history back in his younger years. Was this some reenactment or something? "...wait, where are we? We should ask someone if they know where this is, and what way it is back to the city..."

    Collecting himself, the boy beckoned the Wimpod back to his side and with a stretch, began to look for someone in the vicinity of what he believed was a historical reconstruction of an old Grecan temple for directions, unaware of the ripple in time he and Xigua had just passed through.
     
  4. Maskerade

    Maskerade Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    Messages:
    386
    Likes Received:
    12

    “An Illusion?” whispered Hemlock to himself. So that was why the boy couldn’t talk at all… Zorua could cast powerful illusions for sure, but only its evolved form could conjure them perfectly – as it was, Zorua couldn’t fool Hemlock into thinking it could talk like a human, but he was still thoroughly conned by the black fox. If it hadn’t been for the Nihan couple…

    Meiko looks to the distance, trying to spot the fleeing Zorua, but to no avail. She was right there was something off about the human, who turned out not to be human at all. The two Nihans who showed up claimed it had been fooling people and stealing their food, but… was that all there was to it?

    “Thank you both,” said the hermit. He could really use a drink right now; as he recalled, Nihans used to make some excellent rice ones… “I’m curious though; is this the only kitsune giving you problems like this? Any idea where it nests?”

    The couple said it must have been terrifying for him. He wouldn’t say he felt terrified as much as he felt… interested. A Pokemon willing to oppose gods and humans for food? That was a creature worth meeting. Megami was a human goddess though; did the Zorua have any regard for its own gods like Arceus or Dialga, or not at all?

    “It takes a particularly mischievous soul to defy deities and men for the single purpose of an extra meal,” he whispered to Meiko. “If that’s the case, I’d like to keep Zorua away from these holy grounds. And if there’s more to it than mere disrespect, then Zorua might need help more than the devotees. Either way, I’m curious.”

    He then turned to the Nihan couple and bowed (doing his best to ignore the pain in his back), emulating what he remembered the traditional greeting of that age to be.

    “I owe it to you to find the creature and deal with this problem. Consider it my payment for stepping in to help us,” he said, trying his best to sell the fake gratitude. “Please point me in the right direction, if you could.”

    He reached for the inside of his ragged tunic and went to grab a second PokéBall. As he did, a voice echoed in his mind.

    That one? A useless insect…

    Kami, acknowledged Hemlock with annoyance. If I recall, for all your might, you are also fairly useless against Dark beings…

    The relationship between the two immortals, human and Alakazam, was vastly different from the one Kami used to have with the late Sai. Whereas the monk treated the Psychic being with careful reverence, old Hemlock saw Kami for what he really was: a god with complete disregard for life in general, who trivialized all existence and could not really be trusted.

    Would you like to test that theory, human heathen? I would gladly prove you wrong…

    Ignoring Kami, Hemlock grabbed the PokéBall he was looking for and tossed it to the ground. From within emerged Kurokaze, the antisocial Shelmet resentfully trapped in a metal prison he despised. Immediately, he shut himself inside.

    “If bad comes to worst, I might have to subdue the kitsune by force. If it happens, please don’t hold it against me,” Hemlock reassured the couple. The last thing he needed was them cursing him in their prayers for using violence – he was well out of favour with the gods as it was…
     
  5. CyberBlastoise

    CyberBlastoise According to my research

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0

    As Bill continued through the temple lands, he notices right away that the people in the area give out a sacrifice to the Victory god, which makes sense, a lot of the older gods loved sacrifices. Bill had enough encounters with gods and goddesses alike to know that you do not piss off a god and get off easy, and seeing that this is the god of victory's temple, and Bill really needed the victory, he approaches the flame, its heat is searing. Out of his pocket, he pulls out an Ice Stone, one of the mementos from his adventure in the Cloud Garden. It was too bad though, he was hoping to save it for an Alolan Sandshrew, since he was really loving the Alolan version of Sandslash. More than that however, it also served as a reminder of what happens when trainers work together. He takes a deep breath, readies it over the flame, and then finally tossed it in.

    Bill walks over to the area and gives his prayer. "I dunno if you can hear me, but there are a lot of innocent Pokemon lost, my friends. I need answers from the oracle. I hope she can provide them, and well, I hope that you can help guide me to victory. I admit I'm not one of your more active ones," A single tear rolls down his face before continuing, "but I really all the help I can get. I hope you get this message." He wipes his face, before gathering his bag and starting towards the mountain.
     
  6. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    89
    Likes Received:
    0
    TheKnightsFury

    Getting a spot on the Skall is prestigious on any day, let alone one this last minute. But as you admire the Charizard figurehead and are introduced the mission leader, Owen, appointed by Jarl you get your assignment, to row alongside the rest of the crew. Decide to posture a bit once again you call on your Electivire, thematically named Thor, to assist in the rowing in addition to yourself and Sigurd. The name definitely draws a couple of eyes from the various crew members within earshot. Seebor crosses his arms, a bit stern all of the sudden. "That's quite the name to live up to you know." He says, the moment awkward for a second, and you are worried for a second that the name may be offensive to these people's religion, or even blasphemous. But Seebor's face then splits into a grin. "Must've been quite a story for ya ta name him somethin' like that." He claps your shoulder again. "I'm sure your weird electric pokemon will do us proud." It suddenly occurs to you the Electerizer that allowed Thor to evolve likely hasn't been invented yet, let alone the trade machines involved in the process. You catch multiple people staring after your pokemon but as you get seated everyone seems to focus on the oar in front of them. Owen soon gives the order and you begin to row. Between your two fully evolved pokemon and your own physical prowess, you manage to easily keep pace with the Machoke. You quickly make pace out of Valhiem Port and soon catch the wind, allowing the giant sails to do their job and giving the rowers a much-needed rest. "Right then," Seebor says stretching his arms. "From what I heard the Storm is two days sailing away." He comments to you. "And the pokemon start to get riled up about a day's worth before that. So anything you need to prepare or get done you should try and do before then." He says. "You could talk to Owen if you think you have anything to contribute to strategy. If you have any quick, flying pokemon, I think there is a scouting mission planned too. Or I'm sure you could talk to any of us for a practice battle if you want, most of us are spoiling for one already with those impressive pokemon you rowed with."


    CyberBlastoise

    You take your place in line and eventually come to the flame. The wait time giving you plenty of time to consider what to offer you decide on the ice stone gotten from the icy event in the Cloud Garden back in present day. You toss the stone in and watch it for a couple of seconds before the heat melts the offering temporarily leaving a small patch that lacks flames before it reignites. With your prayer offered you gather yourself and head for the mountain, but not before catching one of the Statues of Victini winking at you. You quickly turn to get a closer look but the statue appears normal to all investigation. Wondering if it was a sign or a trick of your eye you eventually leave. As you head through town you pass by the Agora, as getting anywhere in town usually leads to. You are nearly stopped by several shop owners in attempts to sell you things but nobody has anything interesting. As you head for the exit nearest the Oracle's mountain you are stopped by a bored looking local teenager. With his head propped up on his arm, he says a line you suppose he must be absolutely tired of spouting. "The Senate has decreed that this mountain is unsafe to climb. Should you proceed further you recognize and agree that you and your Pokemon's life may be put at risk and there is a chance you may not return. This is is your only warning and no one in the Senate will take fault for your untimely death." He sighs. "If you have any questions I will be free to answer them." He then closes his eyes like he assumes that will make you go away.
     
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  7. TheKnightsFury

    TheKnightsFury New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    It was hard work but it felt good to be doing something physical. Once they were out of the port, the sails took over and they were allowed to rest, although Jayson and his Pokemon were already hungry for more action. Seebor offered up a couple of different options to help pass the time, all of which were tempting. Jayson was torn, unsure of what option to take, but as his mind ticked over he came up with a plan. "Hmm Seebor I was wondering if we might be able to divide and conquer? Sigurd loves talking strategy, do you think Owen would mind if he spent some time with him? Thor's always keen to show his strength, I'm sure he'd love to do a bit of sparring with some of the other Pokemon on board. As for myself, I'd really like to get out ahead and scout with the others, I like to know where we are heading and what to expect." Jayson unclipped a Pokeball from his belt and released the Pokemon inside. The giant shiny Charizard let out a roar to signal his presence, he easily kept pace with the Skall with a steady beat of his tremendous wings. "Balerion here has been cooped up for a while and could really use the opportunity to stretch his wings!"

    Jayson wasn't sure if the viking would be alright with him leaving his Pokemon unattended. If he had to he would take Thor and Sigurd with him, but he trusted them to stay behind and pursue their interests.
     
  8. CyberBlastoise

    CyberBlastoise According to my research

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Bill offered his ice stone as planned and gave his small prayers. As he walks off, in the corner of his eye, he noticed one of the Victini statues giving him a wink. At first Bill thought nothing of it, but then the gears in his head turned, so he quickly rushed back to look at the statue. Examining it closely, there was no way that this statue could blink. Bill rubbed both of his eyes, and sure enough still nothing. He shook his head in disbelief as he walked out of the temple. When he finally arrives at the gates, he is stopped by someone who is obviously sick of their job. No doubt the group of explorers that came through the time rifts have increased his work load by a lot.

    Bill passes by him with a few words, "I have read and accept to these terms." A slight smirk on his face protruding. He did not have any questions that he needed answered as of right now. Climbing the mountain sounded like it would take a lot of skill and grueling work to even meet with the oracle, but his questions needed to be answered. Still though this journey would be lonely without some company.

    Bill pulled out his Pokeball and said, "Megas, come on out!" The red and white ball opened up to reveal Bill's Ghost and Ground type Pokemon, a very energetic Golett. It already started rushing around the road and its trainer, excited for a new adventure. Bill took a deep breath and continued onward with his very exciteable Pokemon giving him much needed companionship.
     
  9. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    89
    Likes Received:
    0
    TheKnightsFury

    Seebor scratches his chin through his beard. "Well, your pokemon do seem prett well be-woah!" He seems somewhat startled as you summon your extremely rare Charizard to fly alongside the boat. He is genuinly impressed at the larger than averave black almost dragon pokemon. He whistles. "Damn, I have a better eye for this kind of thing than I thought, that is quite the impressive beast." He says looking you back over with an even more approving gaze. "But yeah, as long as they don't cause no trouble by themselves that should be ok." He says. "Now if you wanna go scoutin' the person you want to talk to is Gendra over there." He points over toward one of the female warriors wearing more feathers and downs than furs. "She's got the fastest bird pokemon out of any of us." You send off Sigurd toward Owen and several of the Machoke line up cracking their knuckles to get a shot at Thor. You then head over to introduce yourself to Gendra. The woman is definitely slimmer and shorter than most on the ship but you know to have a place on the Skall she must be just as fearsome as the rest. Which makes it all the more offputting when she greets you with the most cheerful and high energy: "Hi!" you have heard since coming back to the past at the very least. "I'm Gendra, and you must be Jayson! And I have to say your Charizard is Very impressive!" She says nearly bouncing with energy. "I'm more of a bird gal myself but I can appreciate the aesthetic." She pulls out a white, somewhat primitive looking pokeball that still looks mostly like the apricorn it came from and a bright red Talonflame comes forth. "Well we are off. You were looking to come with us? Well you better hope you can keep up." She climbs onto the bird's back as you similarly mount Balerion and 2 other vikings mount other pokemon. You take off in tandem and speed off ahead of the ship's path. Gendra yells from her mount. "Alright guys, at our pace we should be way faster than the ship so we will be back before sunrise! We are trying to get a glimpse of what exactly this storm bringer is but no matter how cool it is we have to report what we find. No fighting it ourselves." You fly on for a couple hours with nothing notable to report when one of the unnamed vikings calls attention to a disturbance in the water below you. Gendra calls back. "Alright Jayson since you're the newbie we'll make it your call. You think it's worth checking out?" As you look down all you can see is splashing, but you aren't sure what might be causing it other than it's likely pokemon.

    CyberBlastoise

    The teen looks slightly confused at your modern reply, mouthing something like, "Read? We were talking out loud..." You catch as you walk by and begin the long journey up the mountain. You decide early on as you still are in the forests surrounding the mountain that this journey is better to make with company rather than alone and call out your energetic Golett to accompany you on your trek. It excitedly runs ahead down the path though not out of sight. The path does soon turn rougher and rougher and soon becomes nonexistant. Hours go by and your walking goes from a nice leisurely pace to a climb upwards on the slope. But just as quickly as it grows steep it flattens out again and you see a clearing in the woods. In the center of the clearing you see a stone slab with some kind of writing on it and behind it is what looks to be an unlit torch. Megas seems curious and goes to investigate quite a bit before you can get close. As you do catch up though Megas seems excited, well, even moreso than usual. He points towards the writing on the stone tablet. As you finally get close enough to read it you find that you actually can't, which is odd given both your archeological training and the fact you were able to understand everyone speaking in town. It seems to be written in an ancient language, or given your current setting probably just the local language. But luckily Megas' ancient programming seems to be able to recognize it. He looks over to the torch and seems to be indicating that he wants you to light it.
     
  10. TheKnightsFury

    TheKnightsFury New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Jayson was introduced to Gendra, a perky young woman who seemed to be full of energy. She was quite the contrast to the rest of the vikings he had met, both in build and personality. She releases a Talonflame from an apricorn ball, before rounding up the group of scouts and signalling for them to head off. Jayson mounted Balerion, waving goodbye to Thor and Sigurd who were already engaging in their own activities, Jayson was certain they would behave themselves, although he feared the Machoke weren't aware what they were in for. They were hopefully going to get a glimpse of this 'Storm Bringer' Pokemon, something Jayson was eager to see. They'd been flying for a few hours when one of the other scouts signalled to a disturbance in the water below. Being the newbie, Gendra had given him the ability to make the call. They could check out the disturbance or continue on, it wasn't an easy decision to make. Checking the disturbance could delay them and ruin their chances of getting to the storm before nightfall. However it could be something of interest to them, that could perhaps give them some important information about the threat they were facing.

    "I'll fly down and check it out", Jayson shouted to Gendra. "If its nothing then we can continue on, but I think we should at least see what is going on down there." Jayson signalled for Balerion to descend, he was curious as to what was splashing around below, hopefully something more exciting than a blubbery Sealeo.
     
  11. Astre

    Astre I only date anime boys

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2017
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    0
    OkikuMew
    As you released your Minior from her Pokeball, she floated pleasantly through the air. Diligently and dutifully carrying your bag as she was tasked. It felt so wrong to be here, such a sin to be in this time. You didn’t belong here, but you were aware of it. Many thoughts flooded your mind as you walked, a certain curiosity about the true identity of the kind Junichi. He seemed to know an awful lot for a simple shrine priest, but he had mentioned that he was once quite the trouble maker. You shook off your feelings, sure that you were just reading far too much into everything. Maybe he had seen this happen a few times since the rift had opened… it seemed logical enough.

    As you wandered the shrine you tried to remain as polite as you snapped the most tasteful pictures of the gorgeous structure. Although you weren’t exactly the most faithful person and you were most certainly not a practicing worshipper of the old Nihan gods that had long since been forgotten in your time. You did realize that it would be the right thing to do to make some sort of offering, especially because Junichi was trusting you enough to allow you to wander through the shrine past visiting hours.

    You knew enough about the culture of old Kanjohto to know that the gods were benevolent, in most cases. Megami was sure to be just as kind gracious as her messenger… or at least you hoped so. You pulled a few Occa berries out of your backpack, ready to make an offering to the goddess of the shrine. As you recited your prayer, the candles flickered strongly, as if some sort of presence was listening to you intently. As you finished your prayer, you slowly stood up, leaving the offerings near the gorgeous statue of the goddess that had once been worshiped across the land. As you turned to leave, a gust of wind flooded through the shrine, blowing out the candles that had once been lit around the shrine.

    Startled, you turned, expecting to see something standing near the statue. Yet, there was nothing. No sign of an intruder, just your toppled berries from the gust of wind. You shuddered, wondering if you had done something to upset the goddess. As the wind rustles your hair, you notice a small scrap of paper blowing in the breeze. As it flutters closer, you grasp at it, noticing small scribbles in the traditional Nihan language.

    With your limited understanding of the language, you can barely understand what it says. However, with some help from your trusty Porygon you realize it says “Safe passage”. Startled, you look back up at the statue of Megami. Nothing seems to have changed. You bow, scurrying back towards another part of the temple. As you peak out the window, you notice the first etchings of sunlight filtering through the windows.

    You really hope that Megami will grant you safe passage for what lay ahead… or you may never make it back to your own time.


    Missingno. Master
    As Kyle followed your command and Sucker Punched the formidable foe, it staggered backwards glaring at you with malicious intent. The sheer size and rippling strength that seemed to seep from it’s muscles were worrying, especially with that constant stream of electricity flowing through it’s feet from the battlefield. You would have to be careful in planning your attacks, or you may be defeated like all the foes Gallus had had before you.

    As Kyle stepped forward, his fist still clenched from the earlier sucker punch. He stared down his foe as he focused his energy, causing the sunlight to beat down harder and stronger than it had before. As the Electivire looked skyward, Kyle fired a purple blast of fire that seared the skin of it’s foe and caused it to sustain a burn. It hissed loudly, sparks flying out of it’s mouth as it got ready to strike again. Before it got the chance, Kyle rushed forward, whipping it with fiery lash.

    “Buzzer! Sweep him!” Called Gallus, causing the Electivire to rush forward quickly. It swept out Kyle’s legs with a Low Kick, causing him to crash down under his own weight. As Kyle struggled to stand back up, the Electivire slammed it’s fists together, causing electrically charged particles to flow through it’s body in an Ion Deluge. It followed up it’s type shift with an electrically charged Quick Attack.

    As Kyle stood back up, you glanced over the field. Both Pokémon were looking around the same, but with Kyle’s defensive drop and the power drop of the Electivire it was hard to tell where the battle could go. The Electivire staggered slightly from it’s burn.

    What do you do?


    Balmund
    After you changed and returned to Asim, you asked her for directions to the Library of Alexia --- the prosperous capital of the region. Asim smiled and looked up thoughtfully, she seemed to be reflecting on something as she carefully moved the clothes you had offered to her.

    “Oh! You mean the capital? It’s quite a walk through the White Sands…” She looked concerned upon speaking of the White Sands. “The trek through there is very dangerous, especially for outsiders.” She looked up at you thoughtfully, trying to decide if you looked strong enough to handle the terrifying winds and hot sands of the desert. “Many don’t come back if they go too deep into the sands, it’s like a terrifying monster that eats everything in it’s path.”

    As you reflected on this, Asim prepared to speak again, signalling for you to follow her out the door. As she lead you back through the village, she points you towards the main exit and begins to speak again.

    “From here it’s about… a day long walk.” She looks at you again, “The heat is unrelenting… but it freezes in the dark. If you had some sort of Pokemon that could carry you through the sands, it might make the trip a little easier on you.” She glances at the huge expanse of nothing awaiting you outside of the village gates. “I’d go with you, but I’ve never been outside of the village. I don’t know how much help I would be to you.” She looks back at the sands, glancing downwards. “I really don’t have anything I can offer you except food and water for your travels, Princess Bellsprout.” She signals towards another villager and they bring you a small sack filled with various fruits and a little canteen of water.

    “I hope you find your nerds! May Basti bless you!”


    Alice Hope
    As you ran up to Kaito once again, he smiled, nodding thoughtfully as you spoke. He looked around at the beautiful pink trees, gesturing to their blossoms as he began to speak to you.

    “Oh there’s plenty to see in Niha… what brings you to the region?” He asked, blinking at you as he admired your beauty. He reached towards a nearby tree, pulling a blossom off the tree and brushing it into your hair. “I personally think the blossoms are the most beautiful part of Niha, I spend as much time as I can here.” He smiled at you, looking down at Millie again as well. “I’m happy to hear you guys can pack a punch, the Pokemon here do get a little rowdy at times…”

    Kaito extends a hand to you, offering to walk hand in hand with you through the beautiful pink fields. As you walk with Kaito, he points at various things within the garden, providing his own commentary as you walked. As you round a patch of trees with the handsome man, you notice something out of the ordinary in the otherwise peaceful garden.

    “Horn!” Something screeches, causing Kaito to protectively step in front of you. As you peak over him, you notice a rather odd sight. There was an enraged Rhyhorn slamming into a tree containing an Aipom, it’s body was smeared pink from the various petals that had scrapped across it’s flank. The Aipom was shaking, clinging desperately to the tree. As you peered closer, you noticed that the Rhyhorn’s eyes were hazy… as if something had been done to it. It looked larger than average and seemed intent to kill this purple monkey. Kaito reached backward protectively, as if to try and grab you to run. The Rhyhorn hadn’t noticed you yet, maybe it was your time to act?

    What do you do?


    Maskerade
    The male Nihan raised an eyebrow at your spunk, it was rare to see such gall from an elderly person such as yourself. Nonetheless, he bowed and gestured past the shrine. As you peered in that direction, you noticed a large Cherry Blossom tree, lonely and decaying.

    “We often see the creature scurry under that tree. We think it has some kind of burrow, but no one has had the time to go and thoroughly investigate.” He glanced towards the shrine building. “The priest tried and was attacked by that stupid Kitsune, it took moons for his wounds to properly heal.” He seemed to be lost in thought as he listened to you speak of maybe having to use violence.

    “Considering what it did to that poor man, it would be a blessing from the gods if it was taken care of.” His female companion glanced at you, tilting her head thoughtfully.

    “Maybe you’re what the gods have sent us to answer out prayers. We’ve been praying for something to deal with the trickster Kitsune… and we were starting to give up hope.” A smile formed on her face as she looked at your Shelmet and Meiko, “But the gods are good and just… and it seems like you’re our answer!” She clasped her hands together and frantically bowed. Her male companion began to speak up again.

    “If you somehow stopped the Kitsune… regardless of your means. I’m sure the priest would reward your efforts.” He glanced at his female companion, “We’d love to help… but we’re not exactly trainers.”

    With your new information, you’re able to attack the creature’s home directly. It seemed as though it had been a problem for a while. What do you do?
     
  12. Meetan

    Meetan Fizzytopian Idol

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2012
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Alice's face was surely matching the blossoms with Kaito's flattery. Sure, she was an idol and she had fans who did the same, but this felt totally different to that. It was easy to distance herself when playing a role, and this man had began painting her and Millie at first sight. Now he was popping cherry blossoms in her hair and walking with her hand in hand. "A woman has to be able to protect herself, and a strong Pokemon's likely a healthy Pokemon, right?" She replied, glancing to the cow with a smile. For sure, Millie could pack a punch and endure plenty if her performance in the Snowdown had proven anything. "Oh, I've always wanted to travel the world, and I've always wanted to come here. The cherry blossoms are beautiful like you've said, and I've heard the architecture and fashion style is really something, too."

    Those were just guesses, of course. For all Alice knew, she was off the mark there, but this place seemed similar to Johto from first impressions at least. Alice listened well to the native's commentary, which proved some of her theories correct at least. Niha was this world's 'Nihon', but it seemed to be in the past. This meant they'd have to be more careful than previously anticipated. This was especially true when Kaito put himself in front of her, peeking round to spot an aggravated Rhyhorn ready to wail on a poor Aipom. The dual-type looked out of it, too. Alice had watched a drama once and people had remarked that one of the characters was getting high on sakura, and wondered if that was a thing that could happen. It'd explain a lot.

    She stepped quietly past Kaito, shaking her head with a determined look and glanced to Millie. Her Pokemon stepped up, puffing out her chest with confidence. "Millie, go in with a gyro ball and merge it with zen headbutt and wake-up slap." Alice commanded. Millie nodded, launching herself forward at a strangely slow speed from the back. It helped with stealth but also, the slower the first move, the heavier the hit. It was all part of the plan.
     
  13. Missingno. Master

    Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    May 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1,789
    Likes Received:
    6
    The battle had gotten underway! Gallus's Electivire was truly an intimidating foe, with obvious strength and sheer size going for it, to say nothing of the Electric Terrain that would serve to beef up its moves. But Keith had experience dealing with bigger and stronger foes than this, and so did his Heatmor. They had faced off against the megalomaniacal and terrifyingly powerful god of Mt. Aduro and come out on top, an experience that forged between them a powerful bond before one ever even caught the other.

    While the terrain favored Electivire, the skies began to favor Kyle, the Sunny Day intensifying the sunlight. The Will-O-Wisp landed as well, burning Electivire, and Kyle followed it up with the signature move of his species- Fire Lash. A remarkable move, one that both dealt damage and lowered Defense all at once, and as a bonus, was made even stronger by the sunlight.

    But now it was Gallus's turn. A Low Kick knocked Kyle off his feet, giving them time for an Ion Deluge/Quick Attack combination. Keith took note of Ion Deluge in particular- this was not his first experience with that move. He recalled facing off against Rocket Executive Elmer, who, apart from his almost abnormal adeptness at alliteration, had a worryingly effective strategy of Electivire's Ion Deluge paired with Exploud's Boomburst. It wasn't just Electivire's moves Ion Deluge affected- any Normal-type moves Kyle used could easily be made worthless and serve to boost Electivire's Speed.


    These thoughts were occurring to Keith at Ninjask speed. They had to- he had to be ready to have Kyle strike back at a moment's notice, and as Kyle climbed back to his feet, Keith knew this was that moment. And why not do something somewhat similar to what their opponent just did? Incapacitate the opponent, even if only temporarily, allowing the Heatmor to set up for another attack. "Kyle, Fire Spin!" Keith ordered. "Follow up with Hone Claws, then Fire Punch!"
     
  14. 134

    134 Nerd violence.

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2017
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    4


    I don't start my Greek history class until September...​


    Greca



    [ Raves ]


    You find yourself somewhere that you don't recognize. The architecture around you is marble, and the olive trees are in bloom. In front of you is a particularly stunning building, with a high ceiling and tall columns. Between you and it is a pristine reflecting pool, inside of which lily pads have begun to grow. Deciding it would be best to find another human being, you and Xigua make your way towards the opulent building, passing the pool on your way. Bubbles rise up from the bottom, attracting your attention; as you pause to see what it is, an arthropod rises to the surface, two of its thin, jointed legs clutching an air bubble trapping its head. It looks at you a moment, and then disappears under the water again; its body is wiry and lacking in substance, but you can just barely see it flit across the pool floor.

    Just then, your attention is pulled away from the creature in the pond, by the sound of human voices. Two gentlemen, wearing what can only be described as 'period' clothing, descend the steps of the large building, talking loudly.

    "This is the fault of the priestesses," one of them accuses. He has a dense, flaxen-colored beard. His companion is graying, beard a shortly-cropped salt-and-pepper mix.

    "The priestesses have done their best," rebuts the graying man as they pass by you. He pauses to fix you with a strange look, but then pulls his attention away, returning to his conversation. "You shouldn't take it out on them..."

    Well, you've found people, but they seem pre-occupied with something. Maybe you shouldn't interrupt them? You could check out that thing in the pool. Then again, you probably shouldn't be wandering around this place. It might be best to bite the bullet and ask these people what's going on, and how to get out of here. What was that they were talking about, though? Priestesses? If they're reenactors, they're definitely taking their roles seriously.

    What will you do?



     
  15. Balmund

    Balmund Deadly

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2012
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Truth to be told, the idea of traversing the vast and desolate sands for a whole day seemed like a very daunting task. Bel felt confident with dealing with just about any kind of opponent, but nature itself was the kind of adversary even the fiercest of warriors should be wary of. She had no real means of her own to cross it other than her own two feet, and while her monsters where tough, few provided real utility other than perhaps Victor, yet, what other choice did she have? Stay in the village? That hardly seemed like the right way to get back home, although a sure way to stay alive. At least the villagers were being generous enough to provide her with rations for the trip, and as long as she didn't deviate too much off course, she shouldn't get lost along the way, right?

    "Blessings to you too, Asim. You've been really helpful, and you've done more than enough for me, really." Bel grinned and bowed in farewell. It seemed appropriate. "From here on out, I think I'll be fine." She lied, mostly to herself. "My pokemon are strong, and so am I. There ain't no desert beating us, hah!" Regret was starting to show its face at this point, and she hoped they wouldn't notice.

    "...Is there anything you'd want me to bring you on the way back? I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay in the capital, but if you'd like to have an errand done, now's the time to ask." Bel wasn't even entirely sure why she bothered. A mere courtesy? Perhaps out of some sense of gratitude? Maybe the prospect of doing a return trip gave her some assurance of going through the first. At any rate, she wasn't backing down from this challenge!
     
  16. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    89
    Likes Received:
    0
    TheKnightsFury-

    Gendra signals an affirmative as you take your Charizard down towards the water. You somewhat quickly lose altitude, coming just short of a dive but as you get close to the surface you pick up more speed as you see the situation may be incredibly urgent. The splashing continues at the same place but as you get close you manage to see what is going on. You see a great many pokemon with their dorsal fins sticking out of the water, given the infamy of the pokemon you don't need to even pull out your pokedex to identify it as a large, abnormally large even, pod of Sharpedo. There is more than you can easily count. They are circling another group of pokemon, much smaller amounts. These pokemon are definitely more exotic, but even so you are able to recognize the two largest as Empoleon along with a Prinplup and three young looking Piplup. As you get closer the momentary calm is broken as one of the sharpedo launches itself toward one of the Empoleon before getting blasted back by a powerful bubblebeam. More Sharpedo move to attack the other one but the tips of its fins glow a light green as it batters and slashes them back, with each blow seemingly stronger than the last. But despite this the Empoleon are obviously haggard and tired, it seems this isn't the beginning of the battle but if things continue the way they are the ending won't be too far off. While this scene wouldn't be super out of place normally, the sheer amount of sharpedo is obviously unnatural. Maybe this is a side effect of pokemon displaced from the storm? What will you do?
     
  17. TheKnightsFury

    TheKnightsFury New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    63
    Likes Received:
    0
    Jayson recognised the Sharpedo instantly, he'd tangled with the ferocious Shark Pokemon on numerous occasions. They were relentless Pokemon, normally one or two were hard enough to deal with, but there were more gathered here than he'd seen before. The Empoleon, Prinplup and Piplup were also a surprise, in his time the species were considered quite rare and often used as starter Pokemon, he'd never seen them in the wild. The powerful Empoleon would likely have had no issue dispatching a couple of Sharpedo, but they were outnumbered here. On top of that they had to defend their young, making them even more vulnerable to the frenzy of Sharpedo. In a drawn out fight there was only going to be one result, the demise of the Empoleon and an easy meal for the Sharpedos. While he knew that the storm was the main reason they were out here, Jayson couldn't help but feel compelled to save the doomed penguins. With his assistance he was sure they'd be able to level the playing field. Reaching for a Pokeball on his belt, Jayson released a Pokemon into the water.

    Argo the Lapras splashed down in the water, the large Lapras was used to being called on in these frigid waters. As Balerion descended, Jayson jumped onto the Lapras's shell, a plan already brewing in his mind. "Argo, we need to create a platform of ice for the younger Piplup and Prinplup to retreat onto. Freeze Dry should work perfectly, keep using it to build up a large platform of ice, if you managed to hit any of the Sharpedo in the process it will be a bonus. Balerion you need to assist the Empoleon while we create the ice, keep knocking the Sharpedos away with Air Slash!" Jayson was pretty happy with his plan, if they could get the Piplup and Prinplup out of the water, the Empoleon would be more free to defend themselves and he'd be able to focus his attention on dispatching the sharks.
     
  18. Liltwick

    Liltwick Potato of Light

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2015
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sorry for the two month delay, I've been busy moving and basically starting my life. Doesn't excuse the two month delay at all, just wanted to let people know why. I'll be back to a more frequent schedule after this.

    Gary-

    The king looked pleased that you were willing to do the task given to you. After all, it was what he expected. A king was still a king, no matter what era he hailed from. He was the law of the land, and if you disobeyed his word, well, the prices were high. Regardless, you were confidant enough to know that your Pokemon would be able to handle the challenges the labyrinth would give you. After all, you've had countless adventures with them before, some of them just as or even more dangerous as the task you were given now.

    With a wave, the royal guards came towards you. The motioned you to follow, and you started to walk deeper into the castle. While the entrance and first floor of the castle was beautiful, the deeper floors became more dank and mundane. Then again, it made sense. Guest weren't usually allowed or even thought of going this deep. It was for the servants who worked in the castle, and the even lower floors were for the slaves who tended the fields around the castle. To go from bright sunlight to this everyday... It must be as huge blow to one's psyche.

    Soon enough, you reach the bottom floor, deep underground. You see an ornate gate, decorate in golds and silvers. Bars of some sort of metal was firmly acting as a barrier, and you could see small dents. The Minotaur knows the maze that lies beyond this gate, and surely he'd have been here before. You also notice a woman waiting for you at the gate, with regal clothing and an air of royalty to her. Yet, at the same time, was a look of youth. She couldn't be no more older than 18. You could tell she was struggling trying to say something in your tongue, but she tried her best to convey what she wanted to say.

    "Here... Help... Him..." She said, handing you spindle of thread before asking her guard to return her to her quarters.

    Help him? Does she mean the Minotaur? You wonder why. It seems that the guards are waiting on you to say you're ready before you enter the maze. You at least have some time to prepare here. After all, you're not coming out until the Minotaur is gone.

    What do you do?


    Big5-

    You make your way back to the port town, content on finding the merchant and offering your services as a trainer. While it looked like People and Pokemon lived harmoniously here, it didn't seem as commonplace as the modern day for people to raise them for battle. Most smaller species were kept as pets... An d even then it seemed only the richest could really afford them. Of course, Pokemon helped out the locals with tasks that were needed, in exchange for food. It was a relationship built on trust, less on an innate contract of "master" and "servant." Then again, perhaps it was the same idea here as it was in the present time. Just in a different form...

    Regardless, making your way further through the town, you get to the harbor. Various wooden ships are docked there, from small fishermen's boats to a larger ship from which you could presume was the Merchant's Ship. It had a sort of exotic flare to it, and seemed to be one from Egya. Perhaps this is the ship you were looking for? Though, at the same time it didn't look like anyone was actually near the ship at this moment. Is it possible that the Merchant is somewhere else in the town? It is most certainly a possibility though. The question then, would be where.

    A quick turn of the head, however, seems to solve the dilemma in the form of a tavern. Entering, you could hear chatter of various languages assault your ears. It would make sense for those from both near and far to gather in this spot, and perhaps the Merchant you were looking for was here as well. Quickly scanning the room, you notice a man with tanned skin and a beautiful robe of clothes and some type of headdress. He looked Eygian enough. Perhaps this was your ticket?

    What do you do?

    King Ghidorah-


    As you try and struggle out of the ropes, you can feel your arms and wrists starting to burn. The pain was great, and it felt your skin was being torn the shreds as you tried your hardest to get something free from your bindings. Soon enough, your bruised, bloody hand emerges from the rope prison... Barely at the very least. It was enough to press the button on the Poke Ball next to you. With a strained click, you hoped that it was your Venomoth within. If not, well then this could mark the end of the line.

    As the light from the Pokemon emerging vanished, you can see your Venomoth looking at you with a confused expression. At the very least it was your Pokemon, and that was comforting to some extent. The real question now was that of escaping. Though, would you even be able to escape your bindings in one piece...? Your hand was certainly a give away that struggling to get free would only lead to a worse situation than the current one at hand. Even then, you had no clue where you are or how to get out of this place. Besides a basically destroyed hand and your Venomoth released, your situation hadn't changed much. Though, at the very least, a new angle could be taken.

    What do you do?
     
  19. OkikuMew

    OkikuMew Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2012
    Messages:
    226
    Likes Received:
    0
    As she prayed while staring at the statue, Mélina noticed in that the lighting the candles produced grew of intensity, giving Megami’s figure a stronger glow. Although intrigued, she didn’t think much of it, since candles’ light generally tend to be unstable. After finishing her prayer, the trainer clenched her teeth as she painfully and awkwardly got back up. On her feet again, she let out a sigh of relief, her knees liberated from the agony of having all the weight of her body on them. “I should see a doctor for this one day,” she thought to herself. After stretching her legs a little and giving a nod to Catalina, the Kalosian gave another nod to the statue as a little goodbye of sorts, then turned around towards the exit of the temple.

    Right at this moment, a big gust of wind suddenly whooshed through the shrine, extinguishing all of the candles, and making the trainer’s hair flutter away from her face, her eyes to close reflexibly, and her skin getting goosebumps. Abruptly, she felt a paper slapping on her face, making her recoil a little and shake it off.

    Wondering what was going on, she opened her eyes and turned away from the gale, and towards the statue again. For some reason, her mind expected something, or even someone, being there. Yet, nothing and nobody was there, even after turning on her phone’s flashlight; only the effigy was still standing, and the berries scattered around the floor. Mélina’s first thought was to quickly and apologetically grab the berries and putting back in the offering box, but she got distracted by something that was still dancing in breeze: a piece of paper, likely to be the one that fell on her face earlier. Curious, she waited for it to hover closer to her and grabbed it while she could. Strangely, the moment the slip was in her grasp, the wind subdued, as if it knew its duty was done. As they observed the paper, both Mélina’s and Catalina’s heads tilted. The trainer immediately recognised it as those fortune papers given in Kanjohto shrines, although more simple with just two written lines, and slightly bigger. At a glance, it doesn’t seem to be a bad one, as she vaguely remembers the kanji that means bad luck (a box opened at the top with an x inside), and it wasn’t present on the fortune. She also spotted a “na” hiragana, but her knowledge stopped there, as she didn’t recognise any of the other kanji and couldn’t otherwise understand what the paper meant. At an impasse, she pulled Glitch’s Pokéball, and tapped its button with her muted phone. Immediately, the ball opened and transferred a flash of light into the cell phone, and it soon launched the text app.

    “Can not get enough of me, huh? ;)” the Porygon teased in his text. “I see you muted the phone, took nice pictures recently, and it is kinda dark in here… Still at the temple?”

    “Yep,” Mélina wrote back, “and we had some weiiiiird stuff going on after I prayed here. Long story short, I got a paper and need some translation help.”

    “Sure thing Mel. Good thing you downloaded the offline version of the language on your translation app. You weeb :p

    “Heeeeeeeeey take that back, you’re the one who suggested to download it just in case!”

    Putting the playful bickering aside, the trainer showed Glitch the paper via the camera. After taking a few minutes to get the angle of the paper and the lighting just right, the translation app finally gave a concluding and comprehensible transcription of the two lines:

    Code:
    Select All
    中吉 -> Middle blessing 旅行: 安全な通過 -> Travel: Safe passage

    “Huh. Well that is a nice coincidence,” the Virtual Pokémon commented. “I’ll get back in my Pokéball now. Call me if you need me again!”

    As Glitch flashed back into its round home, Mélina was still stunned, looking back and forth between the translation, the fortune paper, and Megami’s statue. She may not be a believer, but she knew and felt that something was up. Did Megami actually answered her prayers and blessed her travels home? In a way, she hoped so, but she wasn't sure. Who knows. At least, there was one thing was truly up though: through the temple’s small windows, the sun shone its first rays.

    “Morning already!?” the girl groaned in a hushed tone. “It was just sundown when I met up with the priest, and that was just like… a few hours ago!?”

    She looked over Catalina in confusion, which it replied with a dumbfounded expression and quickly flying up and down, as if giving a shrug despite not having shoulders or otherwise moving limbs to do so.

    “We better get back to the guest room then,” she sighed. “Maybe we can catch a small nap before Junichi arrives and brings us up to temple of the Dragon of Time.”

    Before they did so though, Mélina scrambled around the shrine to put back the berries into the offering box, then gave one last good look at Megami, bowed to her deeply, and slipped the O-mikuji into her kimono, close to her heart.
     
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  20. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    89
    Likes Received:
    0
    Big makes his way through the port town, casually observing the interactions between human and Pokemon. It seems like battling the way he knows it isn't as commonplace as it is back in his time period. Though it seems like there are more common petlike or working relationships. Though that leaves Big to ponder if a war would be where he would find battle trained pokemon exclusively but similarly warmed his heart to know that the symbiosis existed even back now. Well I can go without seeing that kind of local pokemon maybe. And maybe that will make my battle experience more valuable in this area. He thinks as he makes it into the harbor area proper. He looks at the wooden ships and gives a small smile as he remembers his recent adventure to a more modern and much more sunken ship. He looks over to a more exotic seemingly Egyian ship. Though it seems no one is around he is nonetheless determined to make it to his destination. He ponders waiting here for the owners of the ship to return but decides against it as to leave a bad impression. Luckily he finds the local tavern where chances were good to find whoever owned that ship. It doesn't take too long for him to notice a man who seems to be of Egyian ethnicity with tanned skin and a nice headdress. He quickly approaches the man and prays to whatever local gods there are that there wouldn't be any language barrier. "Excuse me sir. I am sorry to bother you but do you own that magnificent vessel outside?" He asks, using some Dungeons and Dragon-types roleplaying skills to throw it on a little thick. "Do you happen to be from Egya and possibly heading that way soon? I am searching for passage that way. I don't have much in the way of funds but I have several pokemon partners that could offer protection to the dangers of the ocean." He gives as much of a smile as he can muster in hopes of getting his thoughts through.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.