• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Dialga's Gate: The Time Rift Zone

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0

KG-

You could feel the tendrils of sleep wrap around you and take you in. Even so you asked your Elekid to stand watch for you in case things got weird, you didn't feel its pull on you. You just fell deeper and deeper into this peaceful sleep. The sound of the wind swaying across the branches, and the warmth of the sun only helped to aid you falling to sleep. There wasn't much you could do, and you were left adrift.

After a while, you wake up in a wooden room. The wood also had that white, ethereal glow that the tree had. The bed you were in was soft and comfortable, and it seemed to envelop you in its warmth whenever you moved your body. Looking around, you couldn't see your Elekid anywhere, but you felt at ease none the less.

"Oh, you're finally awake," a masculine voice rings through your head. "Well, awake isn't the proper term, you're still very much asleep."

Looking around, you soon spot the origin of the voice. At least, what you think is its origin. Two figures stand in a doorway and slowly enter the room. They look pretty much identical, with both of them wearing flowing, white kimonos with pink obi. Their silvery white hair shines in the room, and pink eyes seem to stare through. You could tell the one on the left was male, based on more sharper features and shorter hair, while the one on the right was female, based on softer features and longer hair.

"Don't worry, we're here to guide you through this place," the girl speaks, he voice angelic and soft on the ears.

"We are the spirits of the Great Tree. It is the heart of this orchard, but rarely shows itself to those it does not deem worthy," the boy chimes in, his voice more rougher, but has a warmth to it that you've never felt.

"It has been long since we have received a guest brother! Though, it is a shame we couldn't bring your friend along... This is a place of dreams after all," the girl sighs in disappointment. She sounded pretty excited about this too.

"It's okay, we still have a guest after all these years," he starts to try and cheer her up before looking at you. "I do want to warn you though, the Great Tree has great power. While we are the guides for the living, please do no stray too far from us. We can't save you if you drift too far."

Well, it seems that these mysterious twins are your ticket out of here, in the sense of waking up. Though, this all feels a bit too surreal. Surely if you just fall back asleep, you'd wake up underneath the tree. Though, it doesn't seem to be that easy now, does it?

What will you do?
 

King Ghidorah!

New Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
KG-

You could feel the tendrils of sleep wrap around you and take you in. Even so you asked your Elekid to stand watch for you in case things got weird, you didn't feel its pull on you. You just fell deeper and deeper into this peaceful sleep. The sound of the wind swaying across the branches, and the warmth of the sun only helped to aid you falling to sleep. There wasn't much you could do, and you were left adrift.

After a while, you wake up in a wooden room. The wood also had that white, ethereal glow that the tree had. The bed you were in was soft and comfortable, and it seemed to envelop you in its warmth whenever you moved your body. Looking around, you couldn't see your Elekid anywhere, but you felt at ease none the less.

"Oh, you're finally awake," a masculine voice rings through your head. "Well, awake isn't the proper term, you're still very much asleep."

Looking around, you soon spot the origin of the voice. At least, what you think is its origin. Two figures stand in a doorway and slowly enter the room. They look pretty much identical, with both of them wearing flowing, white kimonos with pink obi. Their silvery white hair shines in the room, and pink eyes seem to stare through. You could tell the one on the left was male, based on more sharper features and shorter hair, while the one on the right was female, based on softer features and longer hair.

"Don't worry, we're here to guide you through this place," the girl speaks, he voice angelic and soft on the ears.

"We are the spirits of the Great Tree. It is the heart of this orchard, but rarely shows itself to those it does not deem worthy," the boy chimes in, his voice more rougher, but has a warmth to it that you've never felt.

"It has been long since we have received a guest brother! Though, it is a shame we couldn't bring your friend along... This is a place of dreams after all," the girl sighs in disappointment. She sounded pretty excited about this too.

"It's okay, we still have a guest after all these years," he starts to try and cheer her up before looking at you. "I do want to warn you though, the Great Tree has great power. While we are the guides for the living, please do no stray too far from us. We can't save you if you drift too far."

Well, it seems that these mysterious twins are your ticket out of here, in the sense of waking up. Though, this all feels a bit too surreal. Surely if you just fall back asleep, you'd wake up underneath the tree. Though, it doesn't seem to be that easy now, does it?

What will you do?
“I…I’m sorry,” said Hugo, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “I’m not quite sure I fully understand what’s happening here.” Resting on his elbows, Hugo began to feel the slight tinge of panic in his chest. Certainly this place was beautiful and he had felt at such peace only moments ago. Or at least it felt like moments ago. Time seems to lose its sense of linearity in dreams. Perhaps it had only been a few moments ago. Or perhaps it had been a few years ago. And what of his actual slumbering self? Surely Elekid was still standing guard, right?

“I’m uh…I’m grateful that the tree has felt that I’m worthy of being here. But…what is this place? Why has it brought me here? What does it…what does it want from me?”

Part of Hugo wanted to pull the chute and get out of here as quickly as possible. But on the other hand…there was no arguing the place’s unmistakable beauty. And Hugo hadn’t been felt that sort of relaxation in…well, he couldn’t even remember if he ever had. Perhaps he should at least give it a chance before returning to reality.

His guide’s silver hair and pink eyes were striking, almost haunting. But surely, given their demeanor, they meant no harm, right? They could be trusted to see Hugo though his journey in this mysterious world.

“I would like to learn more about this place…about the tree and it’s power. I want to understand why it has selected me. Please show me.”
 

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0


KG-

The girl starts to speak after you start asking about this place, but her brother just places his ring finger on his mouth, and she silences herself. They just stare at you as you continue asking your questions, seeming to just process your state of confusion. When you're finally done, the girl starts to speak up again.

"While we can't divulge the tree's secrets, we're happy to show you the way. At least, as much as we can. There are places that not even we can go here," she responds and gives you a faint smile, and the two leave the room, with you following shortly after.

You walk through a white hallway filled with ethereal light. There seemed to be nothing in this hallway, but every so often you could see what seemed like white wisps briefly drift through the air, or a pulse of darker light go through the hallway. The twins don't stop at this, and just keep going. Seemed to be a normal occurrence in the tree.

After what felt like an hour, you're led into another room. This one is much smaller, but there is a window to your left. The two motion you towards it, and you go to look out it.

"What you're seeing now is the root system. it course through the entirety of the Great Tree, giving it life. We do recommend, though, to not go near it. Least of all you want to end up food," the boy speaks, before heading out of the room into the next hallway.

"The next room is where your first test will be," the girl tells you, waiting for you to go into the hallway before following you. "It's a bit more dangerous from here. Us encircling you is the safest for outsiders. Don't worry, we don't want to harm you."

That last line was a bit concerning, but there wasn't much time to think on it as you entered a room. It was plain, with a small table with a pink goblet in the center. The goblet was filled with some type of liquid, and a flower petal floated within.

"Drink," both of them said in unison. "How your mind reacts to this... Will determine your course through this tree."

What do you do?
 

Nerd Violence

Cucumber Connoisseur
Joined
Jan 28, 2017
Messages
224
Reaction score
68




Greca

[ Rory ]

Put-upon -- that's you. You don't entirely know how you got here, and you're not entirely sure what's going on, but now you've been tasked with saving the city from some sort of bug-driven apocalypse. You're either too nice or too weak willed to say no, so -- after taking a moment to survey the sights of the frankly beautiful city -- you set off .

You have a little bit of trouble navigating at first. Urban planning doesn't seem to be a concept that exists here, and though paved and well established, most of the streets have the tale-tell, chaotic twists and turns of roads that had cropped up organically over the years. There are almost no signs to help you get your bearings, which only makes things worse, but after a while -- and a fair amount of backtracking out of dead ends -- the buildings around you begin to think, until they're behind you and all that's left of civilization is the occasional farm. The countryside is rather idyllic, and... oddly familiar to you. Jaboca trees, having escaped their farms, stand near the road, casting a splotchy shade over you. Past a fence, in the distance, a Mudbray idles around a field. In a Jaboca tree to your right, a pair of Taillow watch you pass, seeming to glare at you. It seems they distrust your presence, in the way that prey Pokémon tend to do. They're actually pretty cute, with their surly little faces, and they hold your attention just long enough for you to walk into something.

Well, no, that's not quite accurate. It's more like... something flew into you. It pelts you right in the side of the head; the impact is powerful enough to sting, but not much else. Whatever struck you, however, goes reeling, spiralling to the ground with a constant, whining buzz. You almost could swear that the frequency of the buzzing itself fell too, as if the thing were producing its own sound effects; looking down, you see a very small, yellow creature with four thin limbs, a frightening-looking proboscis, and two oddly square eyes laying in the dirt of the path. After a moment its translucent wings kick to life, and it pulls itself airborne again. It turns its attention to you and begins buzzing angrily, seemingly upset that you dare got in its way, thrusting itself in your face in an utterly failed attempt to intimidate. The map in your hand briefly catches its attention, and it performs the most obvious, over-exaggerated double-take that you've ever seen, before swooping for it. Grasping it with all four limbs, it tugs with all its strength as it tries to abscond with it, but its tiny, lightweight body doesn't have the strength to so much as budge the scroll from your grasp.


What will you do?




Romma

Amicae

You're prepared, which is... unusual for someone in your position. People tend to wander blindly through the rift, only to get lost in somewhere and somewhen with no idea what they've gotten into, why it's happened, or what to do to save themselves. Not you, however. You're a girl with a purpose. You've assembled all the tools you reasonably can, done your best to ensure you blend in wherever it is you might end up, and don't intend to get caught off guard.

Unfortunately, the best laid plans of Minun and men gang aft agley.

That is to say, you cross the threshold of the gate -- where you know it to be -- and immediately feel yourself falling, like you've just stepped off of a cliff. You only fall a couple of feet, but it's enough to throw off your balance, and by the time you land -- with a hearty splash -- you're on your ass. You find yourself up to your waist in water, your cloak quickly soaking through. Luckily, your satchel is more waterproof, but as you pull yourself to your feet, bruised tailbone throbbing, your general person is absolutely sopping wet. Looking around to get your bearings, you take careful note of your surroundings. You're on what almost seems like a stone bridge, with shallow walls to either side. Its full of flowing water, which -- now that you've stood -- reaches your upper shins. Below you is a gorge, maybe 20 feet from you to the ground. To your right the structure you're on continues over the gorge to solid land a few yards away, and then onwards towards what appears to be a city in the distance. To the left the gorge -- and the structure -- span for a ways, before reaching the other side, which is at a slightly higher altitude than the one closer to you. The aqueduct inclines appropriately to bridge the distance, and the water flows downwards according to gravity. It would be a little difficult, with the current and the incline, but you could scale it if you really wanted to.


What will you do?


 
Last edited:

Biggggg5

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Heather_915

You and Heimdall are left undaunted by the Cofagrigus' assault. Despite the damage taken and your capabilities limited you still have plenty of tricks up your sleeve and a plan to boot. You call out to your Gallade for a move many might call iconic. Nearly every pokemon can learn it but it still is no less surprising to the Cofagrigus when it finds itself facing down five Gallades rather than one. But it still has a job to do and the amount of enemies doesn't seem to matter to it. It fires off another shadow ball blasting through one of the after images, dispelling the single clone. If the ghost didn't have a literal coffin for a face you can imagine it might look slightly relieved that they weren't actual clones but illusions. But the illusions still meant it had a 1 in 4 shot of doing actual damage at this point. But as it seems to ponder this Heimdall and his clones rush in striking at the spectral limbs with his arm blades glowing bright pink. Cofagrigus cries out in obvious pain, it seems your hunch on a weak spot was a good one. It doesn't quite match up to the damage the night slash did but you can see your foe obviously tiring. The hands spring forward again launching black lightning you recognize as Night Shade toward Heimdall blasting another clone to oblivion. It shakes its head, and you can get the impression it is done with this double team business. Next turn with your experience you can tell it's going to deal with these clones, but on the other hand, you know your future sight is coming, and this guardian is weakening. What is your next move?
 

Heather_915

Resident Spellslinger
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
88
Reaction score
1
Heather_915

You and Heimdall are left undaunted by the Cofagrigus' assault. Despite the damage taken and your capabilities limited you still have plenty of tricks up your sleeve and a plan to boot. You call out to your Gallade for a move many might call iconic. Nearly every pokemon can learn it but it still is no less surprising to the Cofagrigus when it finds itself facing down five Gallades rather than one. But it still has a job to do and the amount of enemies doesn't seem to matter to it. It fires off another shadow ball blasting through one of the after images, dispelling the single clone. If the ghost didn't have a literal coffin for a face you can imagine it might look slightly relieved that they weren't actual clones but illusions. But the illusions still meant it had a 1 in 4 shot of doing actual damage at this point. But as it seems to ponder this Heimdall and his clones rush in striking at the spectral limbs with his arm blades glowing bright pink. Cofagrigus cries out in obvious pain, it seems your hunch on a weak spot was a good one. It doesn't quite match up to the damage the night slash did but you can see your foe obviously tiring. The hands spring forward again launching black lightning you recognize as Night Shade toward Heimdall blasting another clone to oblivion. It shakes its head, and you can get the impression it is done with this double team business. Next turn with your experience you can tell it's going to deal with these clones, but on the other hand, you know your future sight is coming, and this guardian is weakening. What is your next move?
Heimdall quickly set to work, creating four extra copies of himself and surrounding the spectral guardian of the tomb. Cofagrigus' expression seemed to sour at this development, and it quickly fired off a Shadow Ball into one of the copies, dispelling it. At that moment, the remaining copies (and Heimdall himself amongst the crowd) all simultaneously lunges at the Cofagrigus, arm blades glowing and slashing at the spectral energy surrounding the possessed sarcophagus with a relentless fury.

To Mint's pleasure, her theory that this surrounding energy was more susceptible to damage seemed to be right on the money, as the aggravated Ghost Type lashed out aggressively with a Night Shade, dispelling another one of Heimdall's clones. This seemed to truly incense the Ghost Type, and Mint knew this had to end quickly.

Another Ominous Wind would likely eliminate the remaining copies and leave Cofagrigus' anger directed at Heimdall alone, so Mint's best option for now would be to try to ensure Cofagrigus was subdued as soon as possible, preferably before the Cofagrigus saw fit to use said move, which at the moment seemed to be a matter of mere moments, if even that.

And perhaps subdued would not have to mean defeated, per se... Thankfully, Heimdall had a viable trick for just this situation up his sleeve.

"Heimdall, it looks pretty tired! Have your remaining clones help you with some Hypnosis, then use your Dream Eater to recover yourself some! Stay in this!"

I understand. Now then... Heimdall began, staring down his beleaguered opponent.
 

Silverstream

シルバーストリーム
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
2
Alice Hope

Junpei gave a series of high pitched shrieks, trying his best to explain what had happened. He had been alone with the Rhyhorn before you and Kaito arrived after all, perhaps he had seen something suspicious. He barked various things in Pokemon speech that you and Kaito could not understand. Rather, you just stood there, attempting to discern with the monkey was saying from it's body language. It kept gesturing to it's right, which pointed you deeper into the garden. The rest, well, who really knows. It's all Greek to you.

Kaito places his hand on his chin, a finger close to playing it's way into his lips. His other hand on his hip as he contemplates whatever the monkey was trying to convey to you. Junpei, meanwhile, seems to be growing frustrated that you aren't immediately acting on what he is telling you. He feels like he has made himself quite obvious and his brow furrows the longer that you and Kaito stand there evaluating what he was trying to say. He seems blissfully unaware of the fact that you cannot understand him, and it's doing little beyond irritating him.


"Ai! Ai! Ai!" He screeches again, elongated purple tail using it's hand end to point in the direction he wants you to go. "Pom Pom Pom!" He screams, starting to run in that direction. Kaito blinks, barely missing a beat as he slowly lowers his hand from his mouth, looking in the direction that Junpei had ran.

"I... think he wants us to follow him." You can hear the confusion in Kaito voice as he slowly shrugged, walking in the direction that Junpei had run. You follow, walking alongside Kaito as the two of you follow Junpei. "So..." Kaito begins, looking down. "I liked watching you battle." He nervously rubs the back of his neck, pink playing along his face almost as bright as the cherry blossoms. "I don't usually get to see that thing around here. Most Pokemon are strictly used for work." He continues walking with you, at somewhat of a loss for words as to how to continue. His awkwardness shines through brilliantly.

After a small period of silence, you and Kaito come to a halt. You look in front of you, seeing an overturned tree and other signs of chaos within the forest. It looked like the Rhyhorn had started it's rampage in this area. Junpei was sitting on the overturned tree, waiting for you and Kaito.
"Ai ai! pom pom!" Kaito glanced at the tree, seeing the broken bark that had sprayed from the tree.

"Oh... this is your tree... right?" He asked, looking at Junpei. Junpei frowned, nodding slowly. It appeared as though whatever had strapped that device on the Rhyhorn had done so somewhere around here, and in it's insuing rampage it had toppled Junpei's home --- causing him to flee to the spot where you and Kaito had found him. It was time to do some investigating...

Where do you look first?


Lit

Most of what the old woman had said flew right over your head... but you could not help but be mesmerized by the way she read you like an open book. The whole experience was exhilarating, but you felt like you really did not learn anything that would help you. As you go to stand up, bowing your head and presenting her with her money she looks you right in the eyes --- her large blurry eyes locked with yours.

"Leo." Your eyes widened as she spoke your name, you certainly had not mentioned it during your conversation. "Beware temptation. It is truly the devil." Her old, frail lips twisted into a grin. You felt your stomach drop as she spoke to you, feeling the need to distance yourself faster than you had already been. You gave a shaky thank you, backing away from the old woman's stand. As you backed up, you felt your backside brush against the other stand.

Wait... boundless gems...

You turn quickly, noticing the other stand filled with glittering gemstones and other valuable metals. A Sableye narrowed it's gem eyes at you from behind the stand, clearly upset the your backside had bumped into the stand. You hurriedly apologized, hoping that the creature understood you. It seemed clearly upset, gesturing towards something in the crowd behind you.

"Oh! A customer!" A small voice called from the crowd, as a young woman rushed to the stand from the crowd. She was small, around 4'8". She looked very young, almost like a teenager. She also appeared to be some sort of delinquent, her close were tattered, her hair was dyed, and her eyes were covered in extremely dark makeup. She grinned at you, looking down at the gems. "Anything I can get for you?"


What do you do?


Missingno. Master

Meowth was fully willing and ready to swipe the key. Meowth padded forward slowly, light on his feet and nimble. His hand reached for the key, nary even a tremble as his paw wrapped around the key. The cloaked figure straightened up as Meowth gripped the key, causing him to tremble slightly. However, he remained true to his plan. His eye glowed shades of blue and yellow, ready to Hypnotize the executioner as it turned around. Slowly, the figure turned to face Meowth and Meowth let loose his hypnosis. The beams hit the cloaked figure and...

Nothing happened.

Meowth's expression slowly shifted to one of fear. This didn't make any sense. What kind of human being could resist a blast of hypnosis?


"Nett nett nett..." The figure chuckled, hood slowly lowering. Meowth's jaw dropped and so did Taitus'.

"No way... the executioner is... a Pokemon?" Taitus murmured, staring at the executioner in front of them. He had never seen it with his own eyes, but he always assumed it would be a human, after all... why would a Pokemon willingly kill their own kind.


"NETT!" It screeched out, clawed hands snaking their way out of the cloak.

"Keith!" Taitus called out, chucking a Pokeball towards the executioner, ready to fight it off. In a flash of red light, a Grumpig flung out of the Pokeball, hands on it's hips as it stared at the executioner.

"Grum..." It murmured, getting into a fighting stance. Sleuthing out the Odor of the creature as it narrowed it's eyes, Laser Focused on it's target --- preparing it's next attack with ferocity.



The Executioner rushes forward!
 

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master

Meowth was fully willing and ready to swipe the key. Meowth padded forward slowly, light on his feet and nimble. His hand reached for the key, nary even a tremble as his paw wrapped around the key. The cloaked figure straightened up as Meowth gripped the key, causing him to tremble slightly. However, he remained true to his plan. His eye glowed shades of blue and yellow, ready to Hypnotize the executioner as it turned around. Slowly, the figure turned to face Meowth and Meowth let loose his hypnosis. The beams hit the cloaked figure and...

Nothing happened.

Meowth's expression slowly shifted to one of fear. This didn't make any sense. What kind of human being could resist a blast of hypnosis?


"Nett nett nett..." The figure chuckled, hood slowly lowering. Meowth's jaw dropped and so did Taitus'.

"No way... the executioner is... a Pokemon?" Taitus murmured, staring at the executioner in front of them. He had never seen it with his own eyes, but he always assumed it would be a human, after all... why would a Pokemon willingly kill their own kind.


"NETT!" It screeched out, clawed hands snaking their way out of the cloak.

"Keith!" Taitus called out, chucking a Pokeball towards the executioner, ready to fight it off. In a flash of red light, a Grumpig flung out of the Pokeball, hands on it's hips as it stared at the executioner.

"Grum..." It murmured, getting into a fighting stance. Sleuthing out the Odor of the creature as it narrowed it's eyes, Laser Focused on it's target --- preparing it's next attack with ferocity.



The Executioner rushes forward!
Slowly, silently, stealthily, Meowth crept forward. With expertise that made Keith very glad his Meowth was on the right side of the law, the Scratch Cat Pokémon gripped the key... and the executioner still noticed immediately. Keith gritted his teeth, but said nothing- Meowth was clearly prepared for this sort of possibility, and thus sought to unleash Hypnosis upon the executioner. A picture-perfect plan, as far as Keith was concerned. There was, however, just one minor detail none of them had counted on- the attack wasn't working.

"Huh?!" Meowth exclaimed as he realized his attack had failed. "Wat da..." And then came a bone-chilling chuckle as the executioner's hood was lowered, along with the jaws of everyone bearing witness to this. "Arceus, Mew, and Helix!" Meowth swore. "It's a- It's a-"

"A Banette- a Mega Banette!" Keith finished. He was just as shocked as Taitus, and for the same reasons- never did he consider the possibility that the executioner would be a Pokémon!

Taitus was quick to spring into action. Keith's earlier unasked question was answered as Taitus sent out his Grumpig. The Manipulate Pokémon made a solid first move in Odor Sleuth, a move Keith heartily approved of. Now the Mega Banette would be susceptible to Normal and Fighting moves, giving them all more options to work with.

"Uh... dis might be a little much fer me-owth!" Meowth called to Keith, his voice trembling to match his body.

Keith nodded. "Then come on back," he instructed Meowth, already clutching a Poké Ball in his hand, which he wasted no time in throwing. "Violet, I choose you!" he exclaimed as his Dunsparce materialized before him.

"Spaaaarce!?" Violet hissed upon seeing the Mega Banette charging towards her.

"Stay strong, Violet!" Keith encouraged the Land Snake Pokémon. "Glare, Bite, Headbutt! Go! And Meowth," he added to the Normal-type who'd just climbed back onto his shoulder."

"What?" asked Meowth.

"Keep a sharp eye out," Keith urged Meowth. "Where there's a Mega Evolved Pokémon, there's a Trainer with a Key Stone." Meowth nodded his understanding and started looking out in every direction, intent on making sure whoever might have Mega Evolved this Banette didn't catch them by surprise.
 

King Ghidorah!

New Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
KG-

The girl starts to speak after you start asking about this place, but her brother just places his ring finger on his mouth, and she silences herself. They just stare at you as you continue asking your questions, seeming to just process your state of confusion. When you're finally done, the girl starts to speak up again.

"While we can't divulge the tree's secrets, we're happy to show you the way. At least, as much as we can. There are places that not even we can go here," she responds and gives you a faint smile, and the two leave the room, with you following shortly after.

You walk through a white hallway filled with ethereal light. There seemed to be nothing in this hallway, but every so often you could see what seemed like white wisps briefly drift through the air, or a pulse of darker light go through the hallway. The twins don't stop at this, and just keep going. Seemed to be a normal occurrence in the tree.

After what felt like an hour, you're led into another room. This one is much smaller, but there is a window to your left. The two motion you towards it, and you go to look out it.

"What you're seeing now is the root system. it course through the entirety of the Great Tree, giving it life. We do recommend, though, to not go near it. Least of all you want to end up food," the boy speaks, before heading out of the room into the next hallway.

"The next room is where your first test will be," the girl tells you, waiting for you to go into the hallway before following you. "It's a bit more dangerous from here. Us encircling you is the safest for outsiders. Don't worry, we don't want to harm you."

That last line was a bit concerning, but there wasn't much time to think on it as you entered a room. It was plain, with a small table with a pink goblet in the center. The goblet was filled with some type of liquid, and a flower petal floated within.

"Drink," both of them said in unison. "How your mind reacts to this... Will determine your course through this tree."

What do you do?
Want and not going to are two very different things. Hugo’s mysterious guides had told him that they don’t want to hurt him, but reading between the lines, Hugo understood that they likely would if they felt compelled. And with little information about what was happening, why he was here, and what this tree wanted from him, Hugo was concerned he may trigger them completely by accident. It was looking increasingly likely that Hugo’s only option was to cooperate or else. Was their presentation of the tree roots a bit of helpful information or a veiled threat? It was looking more and more like the latter.

And now he found himself in this strange room, a curious cocktail in front of him. He eyed the drink and its flower petal. It seemed innocuous enough, appearing normal in color and not giving off any overly strong aroma. At least not one that would be obviously concerning. But if Hugo’s years as a bar bouncer had taught him anything, it was not to drink something you didn’t see poured. Then again, what choice did he have?

He lifted the goblet. Gave it further examination. Swirled it around like wine in a glass, attempting to see if it would reveal some of its mystery. It didn’t. Hugo never really understood why people did that with wine anyway.

“I was just uh…examining the…bouquet. The tannins appear to be very…robust.”

No idea what he was talking about. His captors…or guides, rather…remained silent, waiting for him to fulfill their instructions. If he didn’t acquiesce soon, it was probably only a matter of time before they dropped their helpful tone for one much less inviting.

Well, guess this is it then.

He lifted the glass toward the twins in a sort of toast, and drained the goblet in one gulp.
 

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Alice Hope

Junpei gave a series of high pitched shrieks, trying his best to explain what had happened. He had been alone with the Rhyhorn before you and Kaito arrived after all, perhaps he had seen something suspicious. He barked various things in Pokemon speech that you and Kaito could not understand. Rather, you just stood there, attempting to discern with the monkey was saying from it's body language. It kept gesturing to it's right, which pointed you deeper into the garden. The rest, well, who really knows. It's all Greek to you.

Kaito places his hand on his chin, a finger close to playing it's way into his lips. His other hand on his hip as he contemplates whatever the monkey was trying to convey to you. Junpei, meanwhile, seems to be growing frustrated that you aren't immediately acting on what he is telling you. He feels like he has made himself quite obvious and his brow furrows the longer that you and Kaito stand there evaluating what he was trying to say. He seems blissfully unaware of the fact that you cannot understand him, and it's doing little beyond irritating him.


"Ai! Ai! Ai!" He screeches again, elongated purple tail using it's hand end to point in the direction he wants you to go. "Pom Pom Pom!" He screams, starting to run in that direction. Kaito blinks, barely missing a beat as he slowly lowers his hand from his mouth, looking in the direction that Junpei had ran.

"I... think he wants us to follow him." You can hear the confusion in Kaito voice as he slowly shrugged, walking in the direction that Junpei had run. You follow, walking alongside Kaito as the two of you follow Junpei. "So..." Kaito begins, looking down. "I liked watching you battle." He nervously rubs the back of his neck, pink playing along his face almost as bright as the cherry blossoms. "I don't usually get to see that thing around here. Most Pokemon are strictly used for work." He continues walking with you, at somewhat of a loss for words as to how to continue. His awkwardness shines through brilliantly.

After a small period of silence, you and Kaito come to a halt. You look in front of you, seeing an overturned tree and other signs of chaos within the forest. It looked like the Rhyhorn had started it's rampage in this area. Junpei was sitting on the overturned tree, waiting for you and Kaito.
"Ai ai! pom pom!" Kaito glanced at the tree, seeing the broken bark that had sprayed from the tree.

"Oh... this is your tree... right?" He asked, looking at Junpei. Junpei frowned, nodding slowly. It appeared as though whatever had strapped that device on the Rhyhorn had done so somewhere around here, and in it's insuing rampage it had toppled Junpei's home --- causing him to flee to the spot where you and Kaito had found him. It was time to do some investigating...

Where do you look first?
Alice felt incredibly awkward, watching the Aipom jump and fret about with frustration. In hindsight, trying to ask a Pokemon to explain like this without Axel or Mimi acting as translators was straight up stupid of her. At least the gesture to follow Junpei was more obvious to her than it seemed to be to Kaito, her pace a little faster than his and Millie keeping up. The trainer was casually holding one of the Miltank's hooves, such closeness to her Pokemon not uncommon. If Bentley had been here, he likely would've been all tangled up in her hair, a shimmering accessory of a friend to flaunt.

"Oh. Really? Thank you." Alice smiled, the bovine glancing between the two. Alice was perfectly chipper, but Millie could tell that on the inside, she was exceptionally delighted for their efforts to be noticed and for Kaito to react in such a way. Her human was being polite now, but if she felt so inclined, Kaito'd be embarrassed for it. "Millie's really strong. I hatched her from an egg a long time ago, and we've fought some big things together since. She's a great girl." The hand at the navy hoof raised to scratch at the Miltank's head. Millie beamed.

There was a bit of quiet, and then Alice's lips parted, teeth clenching together in an obvious cringe. "What the fuck happened here...? -- That Rhyhorn, I'm guessing." She commented, and when Kaito asked Junpei if that was 'his tree', she felt even more sad. That poor thing must have felt like his home-- no, his home /was/ utterly decimated. How terrible. "You poor thing. I'm sorry, Junpei." She said to the Aipom genuinely. "Millie, can you get any scent off that device? Between following that and the Rhyhorn's, maybe you can lead us in the right direction. Same with you, Junpei. You have good hearing and stuff, too. If we put all of our senses and intuition together, I bet we can make quick work of this."

But she hadn't bet anything specifically, just incase she was incredibly wrong.
 

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Lit
Most of what the old woman had said flew right over your head... but you could not help but be mesmerized by the way she read you like an open book. The whole experience was exhilarating, but you felt like you really did not learn anything that would help you. As you go to stand up, bowing your head and presenting her with her money she looks you right in the eyes --- her large blurry eyes locked with yours.

"Leo." Your eyes widened as she spoke your name, you certainly had not mentioned it during your conversation. "Beware temptation. It is truly the devil." Her old, frail lips twisted into a grin. You felt your stomach drop as she spoke to you, feeling the need to distance yourself faster than you had already been. You gave a shaky thank you, backing away from the old woman's stand. As you backed up, you felt your backside brush against the other stand.

Wait... boundless gems...

You turn quickly, noticing the other stand filled with glittering gemstones and other valuable metals. A Sableye narrowed it's gem eyes at you from behind the stand, clearly upset the your backside had bumped into the stand. You hurriedly apologized, hoping that the creature understood you. It seemed clearly upset, gesturing towards something in the crowd behind you.

"Oh! A customer!" A small voice called from the crowd, as a young woman rushed to the stand from the crowd. She was small, around 4'8". She looked very young, almost like a teenager. She also appeared to be some sort of delinquent, her close were tattered, her hair was dyed, and her eyes were covered in extremely dark makeup. She grinned at you, looking down at the gems. "Anything I can get for you?"


What do you do?

Leo just stared at the gems before him. There were tempting... Incredibly tempting... He could just grab one and run off. But, he knew better than that. The fortune teller did warn him to beware of temptation. Sure, it was a warning that was easy enough to follow, but when the urge hit. Well, it hit very hard. He shook his head, and took a deep breath. He wanted to enjoy this festival, not end up rotting in a jail years before he was even born. For the Team Skull Grunt Leo, it would be a fitting end, but for the Baker Leo? Not a chance.

Looking up from the pile. he say a Sableye stare at him, upset that he just bumped into the stand and became fixated on the gems before him. It just motioned behind him, and Leo turned to see a younger girl excitingly shout a customer before making her way behind the stand. She seemed to be a bit... unsavory, but the same kind of unsavory that Team Skull was. He could feel something of a kinship with this girl just based on her appearance, but besides that, she was an absolute stranger.

Leo then looked back over the gems, seeing them glow in the lantern light. He was asked if he wanted anything. THe boy just looked over the pile, trying to see if anything particular piqued his interest. There were a lot of pretty gems, and he felt if he touched any of them the Sableye would bite his hand off. Perhaps it would be best to ask based off name and see what selection was available.

"Uh, you have any rose quartz?" Leo asked, trying to remember any other gems that would interest him.

"Or just anything that would fit me?" He asked, not as confidant in himself. He just knew the gems were pretty, but if he wanted a specific one? That was a hard choice.
 

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
KG-

After spending some time examining the cup, you sip the goblet and taste nothing. In fact, you feel nothing. It feels your just sucking out air from the goblet. When you put it down, however, it is completely empty, with even the flower petal gone. That was certainly weird, not to say a bit eerie as well. There was clearly liquid in the cup based on your examinations, but you didn't feel it as you "drank."

Though, that's not the weirdest thing. You soon see your skin turning a bright shade of pink, and the twins just stare at you trying to hold back laughter. Seemed this was not the common result... or reaction. The pink in your body soon starts to center on a single point, your left hand specifically, and what sprouts from your hand is a miniature tree. At this point something was clearly wrong as the two twins rush towards you.

"This has never happened before..." the boy says with shock as he just looks at the tree. You could feel his sister touching and examining the tree. In fact, you could feel every little touch she made on the tree, like it was an extension of your flesh.


"It seems the tree has chosen for you to bear its young," the girl says with a curt nod.

She soon plucks a petal from the miniature, it feeling like her taking a splinter out from you, and the tree bursts into a bright light. As the light fades, in your hand is an egg. A Pokemon Egg. Any trainer would recognize that was a Pokemon Egg, but why?

"Sister? Do you know what this is?" the male asks, his face riddled with confusion.

"Yes brother. Legends say that this tree was once an ancient Pokemon, who chose the Orchard as its final resting place. This egg confirms that truth. While we are avatars of the tree... We don't know all of its thoughts or even its origin. This is truly a miracle. It seems that the tree wants its young taken care of by this trainer. It's our job now to make sure that the trainer and egg makes out out of here, no matter the cost," she responds, going into a small monologue about the tree and its origins.


"Wait, that means the tree is under attack!" He shouts, starting to freak out.

"Yes brother," she says before turning to you "Come with us trainer. We shall guide you to safety. What's attacking this tree, neither of us knows, but it needs to be taken care of, and the egg needs to be safe. We shall try and bring your Elekid in, it should be with us once we get to the next room."

Once she finishes talking to you, the girl runs ahead, leaving you and her brother alone in the room. The boy motions you towards the exit to this room before following his sister.

What do you do?
 

Silverstream

シルバーストリーム
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
2
Missingno. Master

Violet got to work on attacking the Mega Banette, starting by giving it a Glare that could truly pierce one's heart. The usual dopey eyes of the Dunsparce opened with ferocity, sending a piercing glare that was sure to stiffen even the roughest of opponents. The Banette slowly felt it's movements slow down, signalizing that the paralysis had set in without a hitch. Now, noticeably slower than both the Grumpig and Dunsparce on the field, it was forced to wait for it's chance to get an attack in.

"Grumps! Go for a Fire Punch and follow it up with a Lucky Chant!" Called Taitus, hoping to assist you in any way he could. Grumps was made to be more of a battle support Pokemon than anything else, but Taitus knew this was her time to shine. The stoic female Grumpig got to work, her fire filled fist doing extra damage thanks to her Laser Focus from the previous turn. She bounced backwards after punching her foe, looking to the sky and letting out a melodic chant that the Banette fell victim to. Restricting it's battle ability to land critical hits.

Violet continued her assault on the Banette, sinking her teeth into the ghostly apparition and causing it to screech out a ghastly wail. However, the being had a small advantage despite it's paralysis, and that was it's ability. The ghost took a step forward, eyes glowing white as it Disabled Violet's Bite attack --- knowing full well that it was super-effective on it's ghostly body. Violet, although shaken by the looming presence of the ghost being so close to her, slammed her head into the creature --- causing damage.


"NETT" The creature yelled, finally able to get it's moves into the battle. The ghost's eyes rolled into the back of it's head as the room around you and Taitus slowly began to twist and contort, a Trick Room in it's wake.

"That's not good!" Taitus called, knowing that the creature was using it's disadvantage wisely. "Grumps! Use Amnesia to prepare for it's next hit!" The Grumpig tilted her head, letting the Amnesia overtake her. Meanwhile, the Banette rushed forward and clawed at Grumps with it's Claws coated in Shadows, causing significant damage to the Grumpig.

While the battle was unfolding, Meowth looked around for a trainer. As Keith stated, there was absolutely a trainer bearing a Key Stone around here. It was just a matter of where. No matter how much Meowth looked, he had yet to spot any humans around beyond the two of you. However, he did spot Buzzer, locked in chains awaiting it's execution. Although he didn't have the key, he could still presumably pick the lock like he had the door while everyone else was distracted.


What do you do?


Alice Hope

Junpei nodded, climbing another tree and attempting to listen for anything that might be out of the ordinary. Millie meanwhile, sniffed at the device that Kaito had taken from the Rhyhorn. He face immediately twisted with disgust at the metallic and oily odor of the machine, but nonetheless, it was time for her to look around. She put her nose to the Earth and wandered around, hoping to catch a similar scent from something near where the Rhyhorn's rampage had taken place.

While Millie looked, Junpei leapt from the tree and pointed forwards making a large circular gesture with his hands. Kaito tilted his head, confused at what he was trying to convey. While you were listening to the purple monkey and watching Kaito once again play charades with him, you had lost sight of your beloved bovine. However, Millie had simply found what Junpei was trying to convey to the two of you. She returned with a small disc-like object between her hooves, handing it to Kaito. Junpei screeched happily, knowing that Millie had found what he had seen.

"What is this?" Kaito asked, tilting it in his hands. It was metallic, much like the device itself, and it seemed to have some kind of musky odor coming from it. Kaito turned it over, noticing an array of frayed wires and scratched metal. "I think this broke off of the other thing.." He murmured, "But what is it used for?" You didn't have much time to ponder Junpei's question before you heard a tree fall not far from your position. "What in Megami?" Kaito shouted, shoving the device back into his bag and rushing in the direction of the noise. Junpei used his tail to swing himself towards it as well. You rushed behind, Millie at your side.

You were greeted by a large red insect cutting down the cherry blossom trees deeper within the garden. It's eyes bore the same stupor that the Rhyhorn had, and you could make out the metallic sheen of a similar device around it's neck in the sunlight.

"A Scizor?" Kaito asked, standing far enough away with you that the creature had not noticed your presence. Kaito looked around, "Why is it cutting down trees? This is a sacred garden." That's when your attention was shifted to a strangely dressed man on a Mudsdale a few feet away from the Scizor. His attire wasn't strange because it was unusual... quite the contrary, it was attire that Alice was far too familiar with --- attire that was modern. He was clad in a suit, observing the Pokemon as it tore apart the garden.

"Clear those trees! We need this land flattened by dusk to install the hunters hut!" Kaito's eyes widened. Most buildings were unheard of in Niha, and the few that existed were places of worship for deities. Just who was this man... and why was he building here?

What do you do?


Lit

The girl smiled as you asked for Rose Quartz, she nodded vigorously and turned around, rummaging through a few coloured bins. "Yep! Got plenty!" She grinned, showing off the collection to you. "Are you trying to impress a lady? This stone is usually for love." She chuckled, "Not that I'm trying to pry into your personal life. It's just a strange crystal to ask for." She eyed you, putting a hand to her mouth. "What do I think would fit you?" She scratched the back of her head, turning to the Sableye. "Uh... any ideas Onyx?"

The Sableye narrowed it's eyes at you, it felt as though it was peering into your being the same way that the fortune teller had. It turned away from you, digging through the same bins that it's trainer had. The gem eyed creature placed a Labradorite stone into your hand. You eyed it curiously, it was certainly a beautiful stone. Multiple shades of greens and greys shone through it.

"Really? Labradorite?" The woman chuckled, "I don't think he's a medium, Onyx." The Sableye crossed it's arms, closing it's eyes. It seemed satisfied with the choice it had made. "Well, Onyx thinks that one suits you. It's usually used to enhance your gifts... a stone of magic." She blinked, looking at you. "Um.. yeah. It's also sometimes said to protect the holder and like... sometimes it symbolizes rebirth as well." The words of the fortune teller played in your mind once again.

"I see a memory, something lingering... something you've forgotten. It has been replaced by something."

Rebirth... you mused about it. You had gone from a poor child on the streets of Po Town to a Team Skull Grunt... and now from a Team Skull Grunt to a Future Baker. But... you remembered those things. You wondered what the old woman had been referring to. You played out the other parts of her reading in your mind. The part about the Shogun was concerning to you, perhaps you should ask the saleswoman if she knew anything about a Shogun?


What do you do?
 

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Lit
The girl smiled as you asked for Rose Quartz, she nodded vigorously and turned around, rummaging through a few coloured bins. "Yep! Got plenty!" She grinned, showing off the collection to you. "Are you trying to impress a lady? This stone is usually for love." She chuckled, "Not that I'm trying to pry into your personal life. It's just a strange crystal to ask for." She eyed you, putting a hand to her mouth. "What do I think would fit you?" She scratched the back of her head, turning to the Sableye. "Uh... any ideas Onyx?"

The Sableye narrowed it's eyes at you, it felt as though it was peering into your being the same way that the fortune teller had. It turned away from you, digging through the same bins that it's trainer had. The gem eyed creature placed a Labradorite stone into your hand. You eyed it curiously, it was certainly a beautiful stone. Multiple shades of greens and greys shone through it.

"Really? Labradorite?" The woman chuckled, "I don't think he's a medium, Onyx." The Sableye crossed it's arms, closing it's eyes. It seemed satisfied with the choice it had made. "Well, Onyx thinks that one suits you. It's usually used to enhance your gifts... a stone of magic." She blinked, looking at you. "Um.. yeah. It's also sometimes said to protect the holder and like... sometimes it symbolizes rebirth as well." The words of the fortune teller played in your mind once again.

"I see a memory, something lingering... something you've forgotten. It has been replaced by something."

Rebirth... you mused about it. You had gone from a poor child on the streets of Po Town to a Team Skull Grunt... and now from a Team Skull Grunt to a Future Baker. But... you remembered those things. You wondered what the old woman had been referring to. You played out the other parts of her reading in your mind. The part about the Shogun was concerning to you, perhaps you should ask the saleswoman if she knew anything about a Shogun?


What do you do?

Leo just chuckled a bit awkwardly when the shopkeeper asked if he was trying to impress a lady. Not the reason why. Never the reason why for anything he did. Sure, rose quartz was a stone for love, but it also was a general stone for positive energy. At least, he thought it was. He didn't know much about what crystals or gems did, he just knew they were pretty and this one was pink.

For his other question, she deferred to her Sableye. The Pokemon eyed him once again, this time for what felt like longer than the first. Once it was done, it started digging through the bins full of various gems. It soon found what it was looking for, and produced a pretty gem with varying shades of blues and green. Was one he never seen before. He just kind of stared in awe at it as the shopkeeper conversed with her Sableye. He picked up the name being labradorite. He paid half attention until she said the word rebirth, and a lien the fortune teller said reappeared in his mind.

I see a memory, something lingering... something you've forgotten. It has been replaced by something.

That was weird. Something he forgot... And was replaced with something else. And the word rebirth seemed to be correlated to it. All of this stuff just hurt his head. He just wanted to enjoy this night in the past, not have an existential crisis while doing so.

Though, she seemed to have a general know of the area. Street smarts definitely, considering how she came out of the crowd instead of beign at the stall. He could always ask her about a Shogun. What was a Shogun? He didn't exactly receive an education beyond being literate... Everything else he knew was either from word of mouth of self-taught.

"How much for that, uh, Labradorite?" He asked before mumbling that he hoped he pronounced it right. "And, if you don't mind, can you tell me who or what a Shogun is? I'm not exactly from around here..." he trailed off again, looking around.


He had a feeling this was going to turn from a fun night into a long one.
 

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master

Violet got to work on attacking the Mega Banette, starting by giving it a Glare that could truly pierce one's heart. The usual dopey eyes of the Dunsparce opened with ferocity, sending a piercing glare that was sure to stiffen even the roughest of opponents. The Banette slowly felt it's movements slow down, signalizing that the paralysis had set in without a hitch. Now, noticeably slower than both the Grumpig and Dunsparce on the field, it was forced to wait for it's chance to get an attack in.

"Grumps! Go for a Fire Punch and follow it up with a Lucky Chant!" Called Taitus, hoping to assist you in any way he could. Grumps was made to be more of a battle support Pokemon than anything else, but Taitus knew this was her time to shine. The stoic female Grumpig got to work, her fire filled fist doing extra damage thanks to her Laser Focus from the previous turn. She bounced backwards after punching her foe, looking to the sky and letting out a melodic chant that the Banette fell victim to. Restricting it's battle ability to land critical hits.

Violet continued her assault on the Banette, sinking her teeth into the ghostly apparition and causing it to screech out a ghastly wail. However, the being had a small advantage despite it's paralysis, and that was it's ability. The ghost took a step forward, eyes glowing white as it Disabled Violet's Bite attack --- knowing full well that it was super-effective on it's ghostly body. Violet, although shaken by the looming presence of the ghost being so close to her, slammed her head into the creature --- causing damage.


"NETT" The creature yelled, finally able to get it's moves into the battle. The ghost's eyes rolled into the back of it's head as the room around you and Taitus slowly began to twist and contort, a Trick Room in it's wake.

"That's not good!" Taitus called, knowing that the creature was using it's disadvantage wisely. "Grumps! Use Amnesia to prepare for it's next hit!" The Grumpig tilted her head, letting the Amnesia overtake her. Meanwhile, the Banette rushed forward and clawed at Grumps with it's Claws coated in Shadows, causing significant damage to the Grumpig.

While the battle was unfolding, Meowth looked around for a trainer. As Keith stated, there was absolutely a trainer bearing a Key Stone around here. It was just a matter of where. No matter how much Meowth looked, he had yet to spot any humans around beyond the two of you. However, he did spot Buzzer, locked in chains awaiting it's execution. Although he didn't have the key, he could still presumably pick the lock like he had the door while everyone else was distracted.


What do you do?
And the battle began! Violet locked eyes with Mega Banette, paralyzing it with a more fierce glare than anyone surely would expect to see from a Dunsparce. Taitus was helping out as well, with Grumps landing a Lucky Chant, which would render them immune to critical hits for a while. That at least was good news. However, after Violet landed a Bite, much to Keith's dismay, no flinching occurred. Instead, Banette went straight into a Disable attack, stopping any further Bite usage from the Dunsparce. It was then that Keith realized- Prankster. Mega Banette's Ability. How could he forget that, considering his own Banette shared a Banettite between them?! Moreover, following Violet's mercifully effective Headbutt, Banette went and cast a mysterious power that distorted the entire area. Keith gave a soft gasp as he realized what this was. "Trick Room..." he murmured. All of a sudden, the paralysis was turned against them, and Violet was bound to be the slower of the two! THey couldn't rely on the possibility of flinching anymore... but fortunately, that wasn't all they had going for them.

"Sp-sp-sparce," murmured Violet nervously.

"Stay strong, Vi!" Keith declared. "Calm Mind, let's go! Use Hex after that, then follow up with Water Pulse!"

Meowth, meanwhile, had been keeping a sharp eye out, but no Trainer was in sight. Of course, he'd be a fool to take that assessment at face value. It's like Keith said- where there was a Mega Evolution, there was a Trainer with a Key Stone. That being said, he noticed Buzzer, still sitting in chains and awaiting execution. O' course! Meowth thought. I can get Buzzer outta dere right now! Dese claws o' mine oughta still be good fer pickin' another lock, too. But I gotta be careful- dat'd be da perfect opportunity fer some kinda sneak attack...

His mind made up, Meowth nimbly hopped off of Keith's shoulder and made his way over to Buzzer's cage. "Hey, Buzzer," he whispered to the Electivire, looking around warily. "I'm gonna pick da locks and get youse outta dat cage while those guys fight the executioner. Just do me a favor- keep an eye out, lemme know if anyone's comin', yeah? Last ting we need right now is any kinda surprises."
 

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Junpei nodded, climbing another tree and attempting to listen for anything that might be out of the ordinary. Millie meanwhile, sniffed at the device that Kaito had taken from the Rhyhorn. He face immediately twisted with disgust at the metallic and oily odor of the machine, but nonetheless, it was time for her to look around. She put her nose to the Earth and wandered around, hoping to catch a similar scent from something near where the Rhyhorn's rampage had taken place.

While Millie looked, Junpei leapt from the tree and pointed forwards making a large circular gesture with his hands. Kaito tilted his head, confused at what he was trying to convey. While you were listening to the purple monkey and watching Kaito once again play charades with him, you had lost sight of your beloved bovine. However, Millie had simply found what Junpei was trying to convey to the two of you. She returned with a small disc-like object between her hooves, handing it to Kaito. Junpei screeched happily, knowing that Millie had found what he had seen.

"What is this?" Kaito asked, tilting it in his hands. It was metallic, much like the device itself, and it seemed to have some kind of musky odor coming from it. Kaito turned it over, noticing an array of frayed wires and scratched metal. "I think this broke off of the other thing.." He murmured, "But what is it used for?" You didn't have much time to ponder Junpei's question before you heard a tree fall not far from your position. "What in Megami?" Kaito shouted, shoving the device back into his bag and rushing in the direction of the noise. Junpei used his tail to swing himself towards it as well. You rushed behind, Millie at your side.

You were greeted by a large red insect cutting down the cherry blossom trees deeper within the garden. It's eyes bore the same stupor that the Rhyhorn had, and you could make out the metallic sheen of a similar device around it's neck in the sunlight.

"A Scizor?" Kaito asked, standing far enough away with you that the creature had not noticed your presence. Kaito looked around, "Why is it cutting down trees? This is a sacred garden." That's when your attention was shifted to a strangely dressed man on a Mudsdale a few feet away from the Scizor. His attire wasn't strange because it was unusual... quite the contrary, it was attire that Alice was far too familiar with --- attire that was modern. He was clad in a suit, observing the Pokemon as it tore apart the garden.

"Clear those trees! We need this land flattened by dusk to install the hunters hut!" Kaito's eyes widened. Most buildings were unheard of in Niha, and the few that existed were places of worship for deities. Just who was this man... and why was he building here?

What do you do?
Alice apologised to her poor Miltank for having to deal with the smell, but it really was the best way to go about this, and they had likely endured worst scents to their snout in this lifetime. It was clearly a good plan, too, because not long after realising that Millie was gone, she had returned with the very item they sought. Junpei practically confirmed it in his own, screechy fashion. "Good girl. Thank you so much." She beamed, petting the Pokemon's head and giving it a loving scratch as Kaito examined the broken item. Indeed, it was obviously broken off from the other thing that they had taken from her new Rhyhorn, but Alice wondered what the point of all of this was. Try and make these Pokemon go crazy, and how were they getting parts through here? If Dialga's Gate was truly so unpredictable, surely they shouldn't be able to funnel such resources out here - if that was what was going on.

Another fallen tree. Alice flinched, looking over in the direction the sound came from, but soon she was running to catch up with Kaito. This time a Scizor was the one at fault, and the one behind that fault was... A modern businessman, by the looks of his suit, sat atop a Mudsdale. He was obviously the culprit, but with Kaito clearly not battle ready nor his partner, Alice knew it was time for another double rumble. "Jasper! Use Mean Look so that the Mudsdale can't escape, then get them both with a Blizzard and Dark Pulse!" She commanded, throwing forth her Sableye in a flurry of Love Ball-formed hearts. Millie was already getting into battle position as the ghost's eerie gem eyes set onto the target steed, knowing that her job would be to take down the Scizor.

"Junpei, if you can find an opening, try to destroy that thing wherever it's attached! Millie, do the same, but if we can knock it out or otherwise debilitate it, let's do that." Alice said. "Millie, go in with a Flame Charge, and then try to trap it in a Whirlpool! Anything it does, Pay it Back!" It was going to take a lot of focus to keep an eye on everything happening. "Kaito, I need you to have my back here, there's a lot going on and if anything else happens I might not notice."
 

King Ghidorah!

New Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
KG-

After spending some time examining the cup, you sip the goblet and taste nothing. In fact, you feel nothing. It feels your just sucking out air from the goblet. When you put it down, however, it is completely empty, with even the flower petal gone. That was certainly weird, not to say a bit eerie as well. There was clearly liquid in the cup based on your examinations, but you didn't feel it as you "drank."

Though, that's not the weirdest thing. You soon see your skin turning a bright shade of pink, and the twins just stare at you trying to hold back laughter. Seemed this was not the common result... or reaction. The pink in your body soon starts to center on a single point, your left hand specifically, and what sprouts from your hand is a miniature tree. At this point something was clearly wrong as the two twins rush towards you.

"This has never happened before..." the boy says with shock as he just looks at the tree. You could feel his sister touching and examining the tree. In fact, you could feel every little touch she made on the tree, like it was an extension of your flesh.


"It seems the tree has chosen for you to bear its young," the girl says with a curt nod.

She soon plucks a petal from the miniature, it feeling like her taking a splinter out from you, and the tree bursts into a bright light. As the light fades, in your hand is an egg. A Pokemon Egg. Any trainer would recognize that was a Pokemon Egg, but why?

"Sister? Do you know what this is?" the male asks, his face riddled with confusion.

"Yes brother. Legends say that this tree was once an ancient Pokemon, who chose the Orchard as its final resting place. This egg confirms that truth. While we are avatars of the tree... We don't know all of its thoughts or even its origin. This is truly a miracle. It seems that the tree wants its young taken care of by this trainer. It's our job now to make sure that the trainer and egg makes out out of here, no matter the cost," she responds, going into a small monologue about the tree and its origins.


"Wait, that means the tree is under attack!" He shouts, starting to freak out.

"Yes brother," she says before turning to you "Come with us trainer. We shall guide you to safety. What's attacking this tree, neither of us knows, but it needs to be taken care of, and the egg needs to be safe. We shall try and bring your Elekid in, it should be with us once we get to the next room."

Once she finishes talking to you, the girl runs ahead, leaving you and her brother alone in the room. The boy motions you towards the exit to this room before following his sister.

What do you do?
Hugo felt like he was going to throw up.

Maybe it was because he was overwhelmed with everything happening. Maybe whatever was in the cup was settling well in his stomach. Or maybe it was the fact that he had unwittingly been made into a surrogate by a tree monster. Whatever the reason, it took all of Hugo’s strength not to make a hot pink mess all over the mysterious brother’s beautiful kimono.

“What is happening?! What was in that egg?!” Hugo demanded to know, by now his overwhelming calm completely gone and replaced with a combination of confusion and rage. He didn’t expect to get any answers from the young man. These two had been overwhelmingly and intentionally vague through this whole thing. That was unlikely to change now.

Hugo considered just taking a seat and refusing to move. He had been a pawn up until now and would likely be in the future. But he could sense the panic in the young man’s voice when he found out the tree was under attack. These two, if they wanted to protect this tree, would need Hugo to cooperate. And if he wanted to survive, he needed to be compliant.

Unless…

In this dreamland, Hugo felt defenseless. He didn’t know where his Pokemon were so his options for recourse were limited. He would be fighting without a weapon on their home court advantage. Certain defeat.

But if he had Elekid with him…the young woman said she would try to bring Elekid in to help. Good. Fine. Bring Elekid in. I’ll help you protect your tree. This tree that…chose…me, for whatever reason. But if I don’t start getting the answers I want soon, I’ll torch this place and everyone in it.

Hugo sighed and looked at the pleading young man.

“Well, I guess we better get moving, shouldn’t we?”
 

Silverstream

シルバーストリーム
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
75
Reaction score
2
Lit

"Oh! Um..." She paused, looking down. "I'm just working here while my grandfather is on a delivery..." She looked at the Sableye who gave her a curt nod. "Onyx says you can take it. It's pretty small anyways." She winked, "Grandpa won't even know it's gone." She leaned on the counter, dropping the crystal into your hand. The Sableye's gem eyes sparkled upon hearing you ask about the Shogun.

"Shogun? Oh he's a stuffy rich dude." She waved her hand nonchalantly. She gestured to the castle that the shops were standing in the wake of. "He threw this festival to recruit warriors or something like that." She glanced at the castle. "I hear he usually makes his lackeys greet people... most people haven't even met the guy." She shrugged, putting away some of the gems. "He's respected because he's strong. But I think he's just some old dude that sits in his palace while we all toil out here." She raised an eyebrow at hearing you weren't from around here, but seemed to shrug it off. "Most people out here don't even have proper houses... but he gets a whole castle all to himself." She seemed to show clear distaste towards this shogun, but you had to admit that this festival was nice.

"What's your interest in the guy?" She asked. "Oh, I suppose being an outsider means you probably don't have a shogun..." She murmured, trailing off and looking down at Onyx. As you both awkwardly thought of what to say next, a loud clang was heard before silence reigned over the shopgoers. They glanced around, turning from the stands as a dozen or so young men clad in traditional Nihan monk gear slowly wandered down the street and into the castle. The various people at the stands gawked at them before turning back to the shopkeepers, pretending that nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

"Oh, the Hiken warrior monks are here." The crystal seller murmured. "I figured that this festival was for a reason." She leaned on the counter. "The shogun recruits the strongest monks into his horde. This whole gathering is just a recruitment cover." She sighed, muttering to herself. "I knew I should have stayed home..."

What do you do?


Missingno. Master

"Buzz..." Buzzer nodded, a grateful sigh escaping it's lips. 'Thank you.' A feminine voice came out of Buzzer's mouth as it spoke to Meowth. 'I can keep an eye out, but once you get me out I have a more pressing issue to focus on.' Buzzer's brow furrowed. 'They took my son, hoping to replace me with a stronger warrior.' It's tendrils drooped as it spoke, 'The human executioner has him... but I lost sight of him after he sent out Banette.' Buzzer glanced around. 'You're right though... he can't be far.' Buzzer focused on the darkness, keeping an eye out as Meowth fiddled with it's lock.

Meanwhile, the battle raged on. Taitus nervously glanced at the Mega Banette, unsure of how to properly plan his attacks. Violet was nervous, but you kept a calm head on your shoulders. The best way to ensure that your Pokemon stayed confident in their battle ability. With the Trick Room up, however, the Banette was able to move first. It's first swing was met with a stiff and jerky motion, clearly affected by the paralysis that plagued it. It's second attack, however, was a shift Chop to the Throat that caught Grumps off guard --- causing the large pig to stumble.

"Grumps!" Taitus called, hoping to sneak a hit in before the Banette moved again. It was clear that the Grumpig was struggling to stay in the battle. "Get a Future Sight ready! Hit it when it's least expecting it!" The Grumpig nodded, eyes flashing white as it saw an attack coming. The Banette sneered, turning it's attention to Violet and opening it's mouth alarmingly wide. Blue flames floated around it before striking Violet, causing a Burn. Finally, it was Violet's turn to strike. She closed her eyes and calmed her mind, casting an unrelenting Hex on the Banette that caused significant damage thanks to the paralysis. The Banette hissed at the two Pokemon in front of it, taking a step back in an attempt to distance itself before being hit by the blast of water from Violet. The Water Pulse did little in terms of status, but thanks to the Calm Mind it was stronger than it had any right to be.

The Banette still looks hearty, as does Violet. It's clear the battle is just beginning.


What do you do?


Alice Hope

Why would a businessman be in Niha? You knew that the rift itself was unpredictable, yet all of this seemed so planned. So methodically calculated. Kaito looked more confused than anything else, but you knew that you needed to get to work as soon as you could --- before anything else was damaged by this man. You hurried to work, knowing that the man had not yet noticed you or Kaito. You released Jasper, having him attack the Mudsdale that the man was rode upon. The glint of Jasper's eyes caused the large ground horse to whinny and buck it's rider off.

"What the fuck?!" The man yelled, getting up from the dirt and brushing off his suit. He was able to see a flurry of snow and ice blast the rampaging Scizor and his Mudsdale. He stood, backing away from the Blizzard blast in a hurry --- spotting you and Kaito before grabbing a walkie talkie out of pocket. "Locals." He murmured, turning to his Pokemon. He was able to witness the duo being struck with a Dark Pulse before waving his hand and sending them on the offensive towards your Pokemon.

The Mudsdale attacked first, swinging it's mighty hooves down and Bulldozing it's way through Millie and Jasper. The two felt their legs buckle and felt noticeably slower following the strike. "Sciz!" The Scizor yelped, eyes in a dopey haze similar to your Rhyhorn. He leapt forward and slashed at Jasper in an X formation, the X-Scissor landed a Super-Effective hit on the Sableye. Millie was able to move next, slamming her weight into the Scizor with a Flamed fueled charge. This allowed her to gain her speed back from the Bulldoze. Millie sprung forward and opened her mouth, trapping the fast metal Pokemon in a raging whirlpool.

Junpei, knowing his speed would assist him more than anything else --- climbed onto some of the nearby trees, hoping to get the drop on Scizor and knock off it's device now that Millie had it trapped in the Whirlpool. However, watching the Whirlpool swirl and spin made Junpei get dizzy --- causing confusion. He watched, eyes spinning as he attempted to figure out the best time to strike. Kaito kept an eye out, ready to defend you if any other Pokemon came your way.

The Mudsdale focused it's gaze on Millie, ramming into her at High Horsepower. Millie was ready for the hit, Paying it back in spades.

Mudsdale HP: 500/1000
Scizor HP: 600/1000 (ticking down from Whirlpool)
Jasper HP: 700/1000
Millie HP: 800/1000

What do you do?
 

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master

"Buzz..." Buzzer nodded, a grateful sigh escaping it's lips. 'Thank you.' A feminine voice came out of Buzzer's mouth as it spoke to Meowth. 'I can keep an eye out, but once you get me out I have a more pressing issue to focus on.' Buzzer's brow furrowed. 'They took my son, hoping to replace me with a stronger warrior.' It's tendrils drooped as it spoke, 'The human executioner has him... but I lost sight of him after he sent out Banette.' Buzzer glanced around. 'You're right though... he can't be far.' Buzzer focused on the darkness, keeping an eye out as Meowth fiddled with it's lock.

Meanwhile, the battle raged on. Taitus nervously glanced at the Mega Banette, unsure of how to properly plan his attacks. Violet was nervous, but you kept a calm head on your shoulders. The best way to ensure that your Pokemon stayed confident in their battle ability. With the Trick Room up, however, the Banette was able to move first. It's first swing was met with a stiff and jerky motion, clearly affected by the paralysis that plagued it. It's second attack, however, was a shift Chop to the Throat that caught Grumps off guard --- causing the large pig to stumble.

"Grumps!" Taitus called, hoping to sneak a hit in before the Banette moved again. It was clear that the Grumpig was struggling to stay in the battle. "Get a Future Sight ready! Hit it when it's least expecting it!" The Grumpig nodded, eyes flashing white as it saw an attack coming. The Banette sneered, turning it's attention to Violet and opening it's mouth alarmingly wide. Blue flames floated around it before striking Violet, causing a Burn. Finally, it was Violet's turn to strike. She closed her eyes and calmed her mind, casting an unrelenting Hex on the Banette that caused significant damage thanks to the paralysis. The Banette hissed at the two Pokemon in front of it, taking a step back in an attempt to distance itself before being hit by the blast of water from Violet. The Water Pulse did little in terms of status, but thanks to the Calm Mind it was stronger than it had any right to be.

The Banette still looks hearty, as does Violet. It's clear the battle is just beginning.


What do you do?
Meowth listened as Buzzer thanked him, but there were more pressing issues on the Electivire's mind- namely, said Electivire's son. The executioner- the real, human one, not his Banette- had him, they were hoping to have him replace Buzzer as a stronger warrior. "Dis whole ting's despicable," Meowth said in response as he continued to work on the lock. "And yer plenty strong, I seen dat battle earlier. Ya lose one fight and dis is how dey treat youse..." He shook his head in disgust and kept working. "We'll get youse outta here and get yer son back, too," he vowed. Inside, he was chuckling as he realized just how much that promise made him sound like his Trainer.

Meanwhile, the battle continued to rage on, Banette striking Grumps with a super effective Throat Chop! The Grumpig wasn't gonna be in the battle for much longer, so Taitus called for a move that would surely prove useful later on- Future Sight. At the same time, Banette unleashed a WIll-O-Wisp, the move executed with all the swiftness and precision of a professional Prankster, so neither Violet nor Keith had time to react. But in spite of all this, Violet fought back, and fought back hard. Calm Mind, Hex, Water Pulse. It all combined together to hit Banette for big damage, and though Water Pulse didn't confuse as Keith had hoped, they were still making big progress.

"Keep it up, Vi, you're doing great!" Keith encouraged his Dunsparce.

"Sparce!" Violet chirped in response, despite the burn she was so definitely feeling at the moment.

"Keep it going- use Hex one more time!" Keith ordered. "Follow up with Dark Pulse, then give it a taste of your Fire Blast attack!"
 

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
0


KG-

At this rate, you were getting more and more frustrated. The way the twins were acting, not divulging much information to you and the weird circumstance of the egg, just didn't sit right for you. Tree's chosen... This all sounded like a joke at this point. But what could you do? Just wake up? This place felt too real to be a dream.

Sighing, you and the male twin leave the room, and go through the hallway. This hallway was different. There were bite and scorch marks all across the walls and floor of the hall. It looked like something was eating away at the place. You heard the boy stopping at this sight, and you look over at him to see a pure terror in his eyes. The first real emotion he was able to convey the entire time you were here.

"What's going on..." he muttered before noticing you looking at him. He takes a deep breath and just moves past you.

That was certainly... unexpected. Though it felt like there was no point in prodding him about it now. You keep moving, and notice an acrid scent permeating the hall. It was as if the tree was being melted. No, melted wasn't the right word to describe it, but there didn't seem to be a right word at all. The smell and looks of the hall felt too foreign compared to anything that would naturally happen.

You reach the end of the hall, entering the next room. You can see the girl waiting for the two of you with your Elekid in her hands. She lets go of your Pokemon, and it runs up to you. It was happy to see you, but a look of fear crossed its face before it starting looking at a darkened corner of the room. The male twin starts to speak, before the girl hushes him.

You soon see the reason why she hushed him. A giant Ariados. It was larger than any other one you've seen, slowly descending from the ceiling and staring at you're group. At this point, you looked over to see the boy huddling behind you in complete fear, while this sister tries to comfort him. It was obvious they've never dealt with a situation like this.

You then look back to the Ariados, and notice it slowly coming closer, its fangs moving and front legs rearing up. If you didn't act now, you would become spider food, that much was obvious. And that now was pretty urgent, as the Pokemon started approaching faster and faster. What do you do?
 
Top