• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

    We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Dialga's Gate: The Time Rift Zone

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
142
Reaction score
1
Alice Hope

Junpei tried to leap down and fight, only to land harshly on the ground and damage himself.

“Junpei!” Kaito called, hoping to assist his Pokemon. He rushed forward, grabbing his Aipom. “Snap out of it buddy!” Rushing onto a battlefield was not the smartest move, and Millie had to quickly reposition herself in order to shield Kaito from the Scizor that was now rushing towards him at breakneck speeds. She hit it hard with a Flame Charge, causing it to hiss in response, planting a large Slash across Millie’s shoulder before she Power-Up Punched the large insect into oblivion.

“Sciz…” It murmured, falling down into the dust.

[Millie and Jasper gained 2 levels each]

“Thanks Millie,” Kaito sighed, knowing if the Pokemon was any slower he would have met his demise right then and there.

“Little bitch!” A voice called, you focused your attention back on the businessman. He was clearly not expecting such confrontation from those around him. He quickly pulled out a strange looking Pokeball, one that you weren’t exactly familiar with. It was blue, yellow spikes around it’s edges. “Show this girl how it’s done! Buzzwole!” He called, causing a strange red musclular bug Pokemon to burst forward from the ball. It flexed, causing Kaito’s eyes to widen at the sheer spectacle of it’s mass.

“W-what is that?” Kaito mumbled, gesturing to the insect.Jasper dispatched the Mudsdale quickly, it’s ability not doing much to help it survive the Super Effective strikes.

[Millie and Jasper gained another 2 levels each]


“SWOLE!” The creature screamed, upon inspection, you could notice that it had one of those strange devices on it’s back. It continued to flex, seemingly Bulking Up before using quick speeds to rush at Millie and send a Power-Up Punch into her stomach.



Buzzwole attacks!

What do you do?
Seeing the opponent's two Pokemon falling fast, Alice was reassured, but not for long. Millie's reassuring smile to Kaito didn't last, faltering as she and her trainer both looked over at the angry man, taken aback by his abusive language. Sure, it wasn't the most unexpected thing, but still. Jasper moved closer as well, taking in the sight of the shiny but strange ball the man wielded. Alice was just as confused by it. It twigged something in her brain, but it wasn't until Buzzwole was released that she finally caught on. "Oh, Arceus on a fucking bike..." She breathed. They weren't giving much time to process this monstrosity, either.

Alice gasped, Jasper pushing the trainer out of the way as the strong insect rushed upon the Miltank, the strike sending Millie reeling. It was obvious that she was winded, that one hit doing plenty to the poor Pokemon. "Thanks, Jasper..." They were unlikely to play fair, but Alice knew that having Millie out any longer would be a disaster. "Return, Millie!" She ordered first, scrambling for the right Love Ball to tuck her away in. Shakily she got to her feet, the ghost eyeing the bug as if ready for blood. "Start out with Mean Look to make sure it can't get away, then use Can't Catch Me! Once you're small enough, use Shockwave on that device, see if we can fry it!" She said, moving away from the perceived arena. The Sableye's gemstone eyes began to glow, the ghost radiating malevolent energies as he began to put their plan into play. Even his normally eerie grin had turned upside down, into a deep frown that bore nothing but ill will. It looked like Jasper meant business for this chad. Hopefully, though, their business decisions bore positive results...

((As of this week at the Daycare, Jasper will now be at lvl 26, and four more levels puts Millie at lvl 65.))
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,893
Reaction score
8
Missingno. Master

Buzzer smiled calmly. Meowth’s words were calming. She stood upright, noticing that the battle had seemingly shifted since their last words. Keith had switched in Stewie, the powerful Ledian was ready to strike with forceful attacks --- boosted by it’s ability.

‘I think your master can handle this.’ She murmured, turning her attention towards the stairs. ‘If we can find the Executioner… we can sway the battle even more.’ She quietly pondered for a few moments. ‘It’s clear that he’s somewhere where he can see the battle,’ She gestured to Banette. ‘That beast is not acting independently.’ She roused herself, rubbing her arms where she had been locked in. ‘Come on.’ Her tone suddenly shifted to one of a commanding nature, making Meowth understand why she was used as the most powerful warrior.

---

Stewie’s Power-Up punch nailed the Banette directly in the jaw, causing it to recoil in pain and let out a screech of anguish. It was clear that the battle was beginning to take it’s toll on the fearsome ghoul. As it focused on it’s new adversary, it suddenly lashed out and Sucker Punched Stewie when he was winding up for his attack. It was not going down without a fight, and that much was clear. Stewie’s brow furrowed, he rushed the ghost with a Shadow Break that took down it’s defenses. It screamed in agony, before opening it’s gaping maw and muttering some sort of incantation. Stewie began to feel sluggish, and you could spot the ghost type now trembling. It would seem as though the creature had placed a Curse on Stewie, at the expense of some of it’s own life.


‘Pig!’ Before Stewie could strike again, Grumps came down with force on top of the Banette.

‘STOP IT NOW!’ An angered scream erupted from the Banette’s mouth. Causing both yourself and Taitus to talk a step backwards. ‘GRAGGGH!’ It shrieked, suddenly vanishing from view.

“Phantom Force!” Called Taitus, anxiously looking around. Stewie readied himself for the next strike, fists raised. Grumps snorted nervously, arms trembling as she readied herself.

---

Meowth and Buzzer made their way up the stairs, spotting a door halfway down the stairs. A glance into the room made it appear as though it was a viewing room. A large space made it so that you could view the spectacle below, normally an execution, without being seen. Meowth was disgusted by the prospect, especially noticing the various bottles of alcohol strewn about. They seemed to enjoy it.


‘Mama!’ A shrill cry erupted as soon as Buzzer could be seen. Meowth’s attention darted that way as well, noticing a Tyrogue in a cage. Buzzer prepared herself, fisting sparking with electricity as a chair slowly turned, attention gone from the spectacle below.

“What the hell?!” The man cried, looking at both Meowth and Buzzer. He was clad in traditional Romma garb, a large axe at his side. “How did you…” He mumbled, brow furrowing. He grabbed the cage that the Tyrogue was in, axe in the other hand. “One more step forward and I end it’s life.” He scowled. Buzzer’s eyes widened, fists dropping to her sides.

Meowth could spot something in the center of the axe… something he was all too familiar with. A Key Stone! That’s where the Mega’s power was coming from.


What do you do?
Meowth's words were a huge help in calming Buzzer down, and upon seeing Keith sending in Stewie, the Electivire expressed confidence that Keith had this. Her focus right now was on finding the executioner. She reasoned he had to be observing the battle, that the Mega Banette couldn't have been acting on its own. Meowth nodded, inclined to agree- just the fact that it was Mega Evolved made that much clear to him. Buzzer took command of the situation, leading the way, with such forceful determination that Meowth was left in no question as to why she was their strongest warrior.

~~~~~

The battle was getting very intense, and as it raged on, Keith's eyes widened as he immediately recognized what Mega Banette had done. He had two Banette of his own, and used to date another one- there was no way he wasn't gonna recognize a Curse when he saw one.

After Banette's outburst, Keith looked very serious. "We're making it angry," he murmured. "That means we're weakening it, but it'll also be that much more dangerous until we finish it off." In his own time, Keith owned a boat, built by himself and his Pokémon, entitled the Banette's Revenge. The reasoning for that was the wish that she would be unstoppable, able to face down anything in her way and never be deterred. For he knew well, better than most, that there was nothing in this world more certain and unstoppable than a Banette's revenge. Therefore it was imperative that they finish this battle, and soon.

"Le...di..." Stewie grunted as Banette vanished- Taitus didn't need to say it, Keith knew this was the makings of a Phantom Force attack.

"Stay calm, Stewie!" Keith instructed. "It's weakening! Use Reflect to soften the blow! And when it reappears, use Drain Punch with everything you've got!"

"Ledian!" Stewie nodded, immediately preparing the defensive technique, while he still had time.

~~~~~

Meowth followed Buzzer in total silence, as one would expect of a feline Pokémon. They went up the stairs, stopping only as they came to a doorway. Meowth peered in- it was a viewing room, giving anyone inside a look at what was happening down below. Probably for these sickos to watch the executions, Meowth realized.

A sharp cry of "Mama!" snapped Meowth out of it as he realized right away that the Tyrogue they had in a cage had to be Buzzer's child. Wasn't what Meowth was expecting, quite frankly- he didn't know they had Old Spice Incense back in this time period- but now was really not the time to dwell on that. Indeed, now was the time to dwell on the fact that the man in the room was threatening the Tyrogue with an axe, causing Buzzer to drop her fists in defeat. And Meowth, being a Meowth, his eyes were naturally drawn to the shiny marble set into the axe- a Key Stone! This was the guy who had Mega Evolved that Banette! But what could they do about it? Either of them made any moves, he'd kill the Tyrogue.

Or would he? No doubt the executioner was keeping a wary eye on both intruders, and since they were looking back at him, eye contact was to be expected. And upon seeing Meowth's eyes, the first thing the executioner would notice would no doubt be that curious, intriguing gleam to them. A gleam he wouldn't be able to get out of his mind, no matter how hard he tried. If he even tried at all- after all, why even try to get it out of his mind when it's so nice? But how could one enjoy it to its fullest while so tense, holding a cage in one hand and a big, heavy axe in the other? Wouldn't it be easier, simpler, more relaxing to... put them both down? Then maybe step away from them, take a nice, comfortable seat, and maybe mind his own business while the newcomers busied themselves with trivial details such as swiping the axe, setting the Tyrogue free, escaping... nothing this man needed to concern himself with, surely. This would become the mindset of the executioner if he so much as caught a glimpse of Meowth's curiously bewitching eyes, therefore putting him under the spell of Hypnosis.
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
7
Raves-

You continue past the farms, following the Taillow towards the next temple, and the fountain within it. This trip better be worth it in saving the city, or the Dewpider would surely destroy everything by the time you got back. Spiders this, goddesses that. All you knew was that this map led to something that would fix this issue. And it was enough of a reason to bring you forwards.

As you headed down the road, nothing else seemed to bother you. In fact... it seemed they were avoiding you. The weird Taillow was still within view, its foot gleaming every so often as it was caught in the light. Maybe it was something of a guiding light? It was hard to say, but with there being no further issues it was safe enough to assume.

With the sky now a dark, smoky orange entwined with wisps of hazy lavender, you see a rather large building start to appear on the horizon. You were almost there, to the temple. You could feel your legs starting to move faster, as if some type of magic enchanted them with haste. Soon enough, you saw the steps of the rather grandiose temple, this specific architectural marvel making the one in the city look like a run-down shack. A lone figure awaits, and you can see the Taillow land on their left arm.

"Welcome, traveler! Come forth, and hearken to my wisdom. My friend here has been watching you, even in that city overrun by that brazen witch and her... unsightly spawn," a booming, masculine voice meets you before heading down into the light.

A man, dressed in silken robes and having an ornate mask on. Looking closer, you could see that the mask resembled the face of a Noctowl, but the beak was on his nose so that only his mouth could be seen. Even with his calm demeanor, you could tell that there was disgust on his lips.

"Humor me a little, and listen to a blind seer ramble. I know you seek the fountain within the temple. Artema send me a vision about a day ago, of a foreigner that will deal with the return of Araqne. I also know what those fools in the city are trying to do. Sacrifices? This is a plague, not war!" He raises his voice, before you see the Taillow peck his arm. The man gives a little yelp before regaining his composure.

"Listen, I shall give you shelter for the night, but I can not aid you further in reaching the fountain. I will test you, child, to see if your wisdom can solve this issue. But, that shall be after you are rested. It has been long since the goddess deemed me worthy a visitor."

The man then gives a wave before retreating back into the temple. There was still time left in the day, so there was always the opportunity to look around, perhaps gleam some information before being forced to go to bed.

What do you do?
The Taillow appeared to be some sort of sign to Rory as he tailled the small bird, and yet he began to wonder if this whole thing was a wild goose chase to get the funny little kid away from Artema's temple while they did horrible crushing things to the many Dewpider. Continuing down the road, he couldn't help but feel as if he was being ignored. No, not ignored. Avoided. Wild pokemon in the fields were keeping away from him, people seemed to be shifting out of his way, as if he was some sort of ill omen, yet still the small bird flew overhead, odd gleam on the leg keeping it in the general eye. The sky itself was certainly indicative of things getting darker, the sun beginning to sink behind the hills, and that's when he happened upon a rather unusual phenomenom. A large ornate building crept up in the distance, and despite his tiring legs, Rory found himself starting to pick up speed, and not just the teen, but the Wimpod and Cutiefly too. Within minutes the three of them had came to the steps of a massive and impressive temple, far more extravagant and intricate than the goddess's temple back in the main city.

A single figure stood at the foot of the steps, and with a voice that would make an Entei bow its head in respect said figure welcomed his arrival, seemingly aware of his arrival. Unsurprisingly the Taillow landed on his shoulder, and it was clear as he came closer and into the light that this was another priest of sorts, though with an ornate mask in the fashion of a Noctowl. The man seemed a little disgusted however, presumably at the plague of arachnids in the city, before speaking up before Rory could respond.

The man knew he sought Artema's fountain, having been given a premonition by the goddess Herself seemingly, and it seemed to him that he would be tasked with dealing with Araqne, which had the boy a little nervous. The passion of the priest seemed a bit much for the Taillow, the small bird quickly putting him on the pecking order, literally, before the man offered him shelter...for a price. Seemingly, the stranger wished to put his wisdom to the test, though after he had recovered. Giving a wave, the man entered the temple once more leaving Rory high and dry outside. Xigua gave a small wheeze, the Wimpod winded after a considerable day's trekking, and it was only then that Rory realised how much he had walked. He was a fit young lad, yes, but there was being active and there was running against an unknown clock, and his legs ached a bit.

"Bylii...Xig...take a little rest you two," he sighed, returning both to their pokeballs, to the Wimpod's relief and intrigue. Usually he was out of his ball most of the time as a comfort pokemon, it was unusual for him to be recalled. Rory however had some curiosity about this new temple. If what the man said was true, then he could very well find himself standing off against a freaking goddess of all things, and he was genuinely interested in this temple. He would enter it momentarily, but he just wanted to get a look around it, try to see if there was anything out of the ordinary about it or its grounds, before asking the priest within about it. He was curious indeed.
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Enigmatic Professor
“Thieves, eh?” The guard murmured. “Well, no. Those lawless ruffians pray on people that look weak.” He suddenly realized what he had said, “Ah, my apologizes. I meant it in the best way I could.” He began to walk forward, and you knew it was in your best interest to follow the guard. You shuddered at the cold, wondering how the guard appeared to be keeping the cold out while only wearing fur and chain armor. He lead the way to a large stronghold, upon approaching the gate slowly opened and he lead you inside. It was lavish, decorated in blue and bearing the emblem of the Jarl.

“The Kitchen is that way,” The guard spoke, gesturing sideways, your attention had barely shifted from your Pokemon, but you noticed how quickly they darted towards the wafting smell of meat that came from the door. You were sure they would come back eventually, but for now, let them enjoy their meal. The guard lead you to staircase, atop which sat a throne and a very bored looking man. He was leaning back in the chair, face resting in his palm.

“My Jarl, I have a disheveled citizen here who seems to have been robbed by the ruffians around the keep.” The guard spoke, and the Jarl raised an eyebrow.

“Citizen?” He blinked, looking you up and down. “Did the ruffians steal your clothes as well?” You realized that your attire was not exactly befitting to the time period, causing you to open your mouth to protest before the Jarl shrugged you off. “No matter.” He sighed, gesturing to the guard. “Get the citizen some rations and a guard outfit.” He eyed you, noticing that Wolfe slowly wandered out of the kitchen, a steak between his jaws. “Say… are you a warrior?” He suddenly looked very interested, leaning forward with a glint in his eyes. “We really need someone to take care of those ruffians… before another unfortunate soul gets mugged…” He smirked.


What do you do

Drake shrugged off the guards comment without paying much attention to it. It was obvious that body size/strength wasn't the same as looking weak, be it battle through proper means or not.

He shivered and when he looked at the Gaurd he seriously wondered how the little ammount of fur and that chain armor could keep out this bite of the cold. But Drake kept his mouth shut and followed the man into the stronghold.
It was certainly very stylish inside, and much to Drake's liking there was plenty of blue.
The gaurd barely had spoken the words Kitchen before Lelo, Fenrir and Wolfe took off scampering in that direction, Drake didn't mind as he was hungry too but his pokemon came first, he was sure that after he spoke with the Jarl he would be able to get himself a meal.
Continuing in, Drake was lead to the Jarl himself and upon first inspection this man sent red flags off in Drake's mind. He wasn't sure why but he just didn't seem to like him and he didn't want to trust this man as far as he could spit. But he didn't say any of this out loud and after he bowed and the gaurd explained what had happened Drake stood with his arms behind his back and looked at the Jarl but didn't meet his eyes.

When Wolfe came out with a steak hanging between his jaws Drake couldn't help but smile, however he had to make eye contact with Wolfe before the gigantic Arcanine could utter the low growl that Drake could feel coming with their mental bond.

"Don't. I know you and I don't like him but behave Wolfe" and with that Wolfe just wandered over behind Drake curling his massive tail in front of Drake while he continued to munch upon the steak. Fenrir and Lelo were close to follow and sat themselves on either side of Drake. They too had meat with them but while they ate they kept their ears cocked in the Jarls direction.

Reaching down Drake absentmindedly ran his fingers through Lelo the Mightyena's fur while he thought of how to answer the Jarl.

"Yes. I'm a warrior. I bested all my friends in combat and defend my position as the best fighter in our group."
Which was true to a degree but Drake ommited more important details due to the fact he didn't like the Jarls glint and tone of voice.


"I certainly wouldn't mind joining so I can stop those ruffians from taking from more people.

That is of course if you would allow me to."
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
90
Reaction score
2

Lit

Custard giggled, floating coyly towards the dog and batting it’s large charming eyes at the dog. A small sweatdrop dripped down the dog’s face as a blush crept onto it’s face. It was absolutely fixated on your Togetic as you slowly moved forward and swiped the fireworks. Giving a thumbs up to your Togetic, it quickly spun around and gave the dog a Sweet Kiss, causing it’s tongue to hang out and it’s eyes to swirl hazily in confusion. Seeing your opening, you rushed away, fireworks under your arm as Custard floated behind you.

[Custard gained one level]

You made your way back to the stall, hiding the fireworks as you approached. Once back at the gem seller’s stand, you presented them triumphantly. Her eyes sparkled with mischief as you placed them down.

“Woah! Did you steal those?” She murmured, trying to keep her excited voice down as she eyed them. She leaned forward, producing some kind of device. “Need a light?” She grinned, flicking it as you watched it spark up with a flame. Onyx, the Sableye, seemed less than impressed. It’s gem eyes narrowed as it watch it’s master produce a lighter. It knew that this would only lead to disaster.

Surely this would light up this festival though? You could hardly contain your excitement at the prospect of getting to watch an amazing fireworks show, right here at this beautiful castle!


What do you do?

There was certainly no time like the present.. er, past? Time flowed weirdly here in Dialga's Gate, Leo knew that much, but the prospect of the fireworks show was more than enough for him at this moment of time. It seems his new 'friend' at the stall was also excited for this, and produced a lighter for him to use. Seems it was time.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road!" Leo exclaimed, motioning for the girl to follow.

With the bundle of fireworks held tight to his chest, and the lighter in his hand, Leo ran towards the central square. It seemed people were gathered in preparation of the shogun's arrival. Whatever, didn't matter to him. This was the spot he needed.

Dropping the firecrackers onto the ground, the crowd quickly took notice of him and started to clear some space. Perfect. The goal was to have fun, not hurt anyone. Though this was certainly risk as well.

"Custard, Charm anyone that might try to get in our way!" Leo ordered as he started to work on the getting the lighter lit.

It took a few seconds, but he was able to product a flame, and started to set off the fireworks as he could.

"Hail! This is a festival everyone, we should be having fun! That's how Nihan festivals are in the future! Full of fun and wonder and cheer! Not for some stick in the mud!" Leo exclaimed as he finished lighting the rest of the fireworks.

He then took a step back, prepared to watch the rest of the show.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
90
Reaction score
2
KG-

The stench of your new Muk was revolting, and by the time the two of your caught up with the twins and Elekid, you could see the female twin has clutching her stomach and hurling in the corner. The male twin just stared at you, eyes teary and covering his mouth as he looekd a the slime monster behind you.

"So... that is what's... causing that horrid sent..." he choked out between words. You could tell they weren't use to anything this noxious, so their bodies were reacting more violently.

After a few more minutes, the girl stopped vomiting and the male seemed to be breathing easier. The source of the stench seemed to be making them adapt much more quickly to your Muk. Your Elekid just looked a bit confused at the situation, but you could also tell that the smell was affecting him as well. At least he was happy that Grimer finally evolved.

"I do hope you forgive us... We're not use to... that kind of smell and our body's reaction was pretty... visceral," the female twin apologized while bowing. You could tell she was also trying to wipe some vomit stains off of her face as well.

"Anyways, now that that ordeal is over... Let us begin our next test. It is a lot more simple... compared to trying to not vomit to that stench," she continues, looking around before tugging on a branch that was sticking out of the wall.

After a few seconds and a little rumbling, a small shelf flips down from the wall, and a plate of five berries appears with it as well. You can easily recognize the five berries from anywhere, all of them infamous in their own right. The Tamato Berry, known for its extremely spicy flavor that have caused the uninitiated to even breath fire. The next one was the Cornn Berry, known for such dry saltiness that it could instantly dehydrate someone if they ate it too fast. Next to the Cornn berry as a Magost Berry, a berry so sweet that its juices could melt your teeth if consumed in large quantities. The fourth berry of the bunch was the Rabuta Berry, a berry so bitter that it was known to disable the muscles in your throat, causing people to choke on its hairs. Last was the Nomel Berry, a berry considered so sour, that your mouth and lips instantly swell and your face starts to cave into itself.

"Your test is one of endurance. Eat all 5 of these berries and last through what they do to your body. If you can survive that, the test will be complete. Compared to your Muk, well, I'd say this is an easier challenge. Perhaps we should make this more difficult sister?" The male twin explains, before looking towards his sister.

"That is not needed brother. We do not stay from the tests. Besides, the tree has chosen him as its egg bearer. I think that fate it wanting him to succeed. Very well. I will allow you to let each one of your Pokemon eat one of the berries for you in your stead. You will need to eat the remaining three. So, pick your poison, trainer."

What do you do?

Mask

You were nervous, and had every right to be. After all, a giant, shiny Lycanroc was barreling your way. You had to think, and think fast. And think fast you did. Commanding your Turtwig, the small grass turtle gets to work on gettign some room in between you and the oversized Pokemon.

Stomping into ground a few times to break past the barrier of snow, Turtwig starts to channel its power through the hardened dirt. .It stomps a few more times, loosening the earth beneath before it starts to kick up dust. It continues to work at the earth, creating an almost sand-like consistency with the frozen dirt. It then sends the swirling sand towards Skoll, enveloping it in a frozen tomb of sand.

The giant Lycanroc howls, getting caught between the sand and the snow, causing it to rage and start snapping at anything that was getting too close to it. You could see the warriors starting to fall back, not wanting to get caught up in the trap that you had your Pokemon create.

"Great job foreigner! Tamers, barrage now!" You hear Gunnr shout allowed. While you couldn't see her in the battle, it was obvious she was taking advantage of your tactical play.

You then see a line formation of Beartic punch the earth to your left, about fifty meters away from you. The bears roar as they create Icicles from the snow beneath their feat, and throw them towards Skoll as the ice crashes into its rocky fur. The giant Pokemon yelps in pain at the response, before letting out a large roar.

Through the sand and snow, you can see the Lycanroc slam its paws into the ground, and feel rumbling beneath your feet. The snow starts to shift, and you can see a wave of jagged rocks start barreling towards the hoard of Beartic. It was too late for them, and they're sent flying from Skoll's devastating Stone Edge.

"Ursine Squadron is down! Archers, take aim!" You hear Gunnr shout orders, with a large response of 'Yes Ma'am' coming from behind you.

You can only watch with awe as a hail of arrows is launched from behind you. The sky darkens from the way, and they crash down onto the trapped Skoll like waves upon waves of hail and rain. There was a certain beauty to it, even if the arrows themselves seemed ineffective towards the giant beast.

Even so, it seemed Skoll was still struggling to get out of your trap. You had a small amount of time to get to higher ground and reassess the situation.

What do you do?

Raves-

Deciding you wanted to explore the outside of the temple first, your recall your Pokemon and look around. There didn't seem to be much at first, besides the intricate architecture and the beauty of the building itself. It was made of pure marble, and it seemed the building was constantly cleaned and cleared of any debris of ivy that may blemish the image of the temple. You can see that the pillars at the entrance have some sort of runic language etched into it, and what seems to be statues of Noctowls perched atop of those pillars.

Seemed the entrance doesn't have any hidden secrets, and with that you make your way around the perimeter of the temple. Or at the very least what you can of the temple. You quickly realize that the temple was constructed into a mountain, one that was hard to see at first due to the grandiose size of the temple's entrance. As you look there seems to be many doors leading towards the outside, and you can see a few clerics and other members of the temple all watching you. Some wore masks based on Hoothoot, but some didn't wear anything beyond a simple robe. Seemed there was a hierarchy here, and the man you met out front was the head priest.

Heading to the other side of the temple, you notice a giant oak tree surrounded by a field of flowers. A few of the Hoothoot masked patrons were sitting in a circle, seeming to be discussing something while holding stone tablets.

"And I said to him that his philosophy was ridiculous. War is an important part of our culture, and it allows gains in not only land but also allows us to gain more knowledge of the people that we conquer," shouts one, and by their voice you could tell was a younger voice.

"Iskander, you are such hotheaded. Yes I do know Chromius is more pacifistic, but he does have a point. The root of Knowledge and Wisdom is through communication. While Artema is a Goddess of War, she is primarily a Goddess of Wisdom and Civilization. War can destroy the civilizations and render their knowledge lost," argues another, who seemed more calmer than the one who was shouting.

"Dymnos you always take his side. War is not about pillaging and destruction, is is about expansion. We are not scholars of Atries, we are scholars of Artema. She is specifically the Goddess of Military Tactics, not War as a whole. I am saying that War has its merits in the pursuit of knowledge. Just you watch, one day I'll create a vast lighthouse and library when I conquer Eygia!" Iskander stands up and throwing his tablet down.

"Boys, boys, we are supposed to be having a calm debate on philosophy, not getting into arguments about the benefits of war," a third voice chimes in. It is much softer than the other two, but you can't tell beyond that. "Besides, it seems the guest our master has predicted to arrive is here. Let's finish this up so we can help attend to them.

The group then looks at you, seeming to wait for a response to the situation.

What do you do?
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
454
Reaction score
13
Mask

You were nervous, and had every right to be. After all, a giant, shiny Lycanroc was barreling your way. You had to think, and think fast. And think fast you did. Commanding your Turtwig, the small grass turtle gets to work on gettign some room in between you and the oversized Pokemon.

Stomping into ground a few times to break past the barrier of snow, Turtwig starts to channel its power through the hardened dirt. .It stomps a few more times, loosening the earth beneath before it starts to kick up dust. It continues to work at the earth, creating an almost sand-like consistency with the frozen dirt. It then sends the swirling sand towards Skoll, enveloping it in a frozen tomb of sand.

The giant Lycanroc howls, getting caught between the sand and the snow, causing it to rage and start snapping at anything that was getting too close to it. You could see the warriors starting to fall back, not wanting to get caught up in the trap that you had your Pokemon create.

"Great job foreigner! Tamers, barrage now!" You hear Gunnr shout allowed. While you couldn't see her in the battle, it was obvious she was taking advantage of your tactical play.

You then see a line formation of Beartic punch the earth to your left, about fifty meters away from you. The bears roar as they create Icicles from the snow beneath their feat, and throw them towards Skoll as the ice crashes into its rocky fur. The giant Pokemon yelps in pain at the response, before letting out a large roar.

Through the sand and snow, you can see the Lycanroc slam its paws into the ground, and feel rumbling beneath your feet. The snow starts to shift, and you can see a wave of jagged rocks start barreling towards the hoard of Beartic. It was too late for them, and they're sent flying from Skoll's devastating Stone Edge.

"Ursine Squadron is down! Archers, take aim!" You hear Gunnr shout orders, with a large response of 'Yes Ma'am' coming from behind you.

You can only watch with awe as a hail of arrows is launched from behind you. The sky darkens from the way, and they crash down onto the trapped Skoll like waves upon waves of hail and rain. There was a certain beauty to it, even if the arrows themselves seemed ineffective towards the giant beast.

Even so, it seemed Skoll was still struggling to get out of your trap. You had a small amount of time to get to higher ground and reassess the situation.

What do you do?
Somehow, against all odds and his most optimistic expectations, Turtwig pulled through. Perhaps with a hint of luck, the Grass-Type's Sand Tomb had mixed with the ice to create a prison strong enough to hold even a giant Lycanroc in place!

But he's struggling...

He could tell his partner was straining himself well beyond his meager limits. Fighting wasn't in his blood, after all, the turtle was thoroughly unaccustomed to any sort of prolonged effort. And even so there he was, admirably containing the colossus with everything he had...

His effort wasn't in vain, as both a squad of Beartic (easily dispatched as it was afterwards) and a storm of arrows both managed to land hits on their bound target. Unfortunately, Skoll wasn't letting up, and as tempting as it was to just find a nice vantage point and observe the beast's gorgeous coat of blue fur from a distance, Ark was in way too deep to back out now.

Suddenly, Turtwig wobbled in place, as if about to pass out. Briefly, the Sand Tomb waved in tune with its summoner, but held in place.

"Turtwig! Are you okay? Listen, we... you don't have to..."

The turtle shook his head. There was an unusual determination in his eyes, the look of someone who was out to prove something. In Turtwig's case, he no longer wanted to be dead weight - Chimchar was amazing, the perfect Pokemon companion for any Trainer, Rookidee was way more skilled and mature than he was supposed to be for a newborn, Zorua had this amazing aura of mysterious hidden power... He had none of those qualities. But even so, Ark had chosen him, not them; he relied on him, trusted him to do his part - he absolutely could not let him down!

"W... what on?..."

The Grass-Type struggled to regain his footing, but once he did, light engulfed him all over, shining brightly and growing larger while arrows kept falling all around the trapped Lycanroc. When the glow faded, Turtwig no longer looked exhausted and on the brink of collapse - in fact, he no longer looked like a Turtwig at all, but a much larger
!

Incredible... Through sheer willpower alone, despite his total lack of experience! How is this even possible?...

All of a sudden, Ark no longer felt like the powerless whelp he came into this raid as. His Turtwig, now an imposing Grotle, had Skoll right where they wanted him, and he seemed much more comfortable maintaining the sand trap than before. But now that he had some actual power behind him, it was time to contribute in a more decisive fashion!

"Turtwig... no, Grotle! You know what? I think... I think you can handle this now. We gotta pull our own weight in this battle too, so let's show them our fighting spirit!"

Ark retrieved a green crystal from his Bag and locked it into his Z-Ring. They had to capitalize now, while Skoll was still immobile, to hopefully make an actual dent in its rock armor!

"Here we go! Grotle, BLOOM DOOM!"
 
Last edited:
Just plain old me.
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
144
Reaction score
49
Alice Hope

The Buzzwole flexed extensively upon being released from it’s Pokeball. It’s face shot in Alice’s direction as it continued to flex and make strange noises directed towards her, similar to the clicking noises that human men would make when attempting to catcall someone. Kaito looked flustered, an upset redness that trickled over his whole face. He crossed his arms in frustration, Junpei climbed a tree in fear, terrified of the tremendous bug monstrosity.

Jasper has a sweatdrop trickle down his face, quickly shaking off his disdain and beginning to follow orders. The Mean Look only seemed to make the creature angrier, causing it to Focus its Energy and let out a loud hiss followed by more extremely aggressive flexing. It was like a scene from an extremely odd anime, where two buff dudes flex extensively before beating the tar out of each other. It was kind of grotesque to watch, but in a way… you also could not stop gawking at those muscles. Jasper, however, was not as easily distracted. He quickly got to work downsizing himself with a well placed “Can’t Catch Me” and although he was small to the naked eye, the smell of gingerbread permeated the area with an intense focus. The Buzzwole stopped flexing and stuck its stinger in the air, seemingly drawn to the smell of the sweets. As it moved closer, Jasper unleashed a Shockwave in an attempt to fry the strange chip. It struck the collar, just as you’d hoped… but it seemed to have the opposite effect. The chip began to smoke and spark, but the creature only seemed to grow angrier and more imposing. It almost looked at though it were in pain.

“SWOLE!” It cried out, it got closer to the miniature Jasper and flaunted his bulging muscles once again --- Taunting Jasper with their size. It then Lunged directly at Jasper, causing his attack to lower at the sheer force and suddenness of the attack.

It appeared as though the creature would not be bested so easily, it continued to fixate on you, flexing it’s muscles with every moment that the battle paused. What do you do?



Missingno. Master

A shining barrier was quickly erected in front of Grumps and Stewie, preparing them for the extreme force of the attack. You were fully aware how strong a Phantom Force attack was, but there was little you could do beyond soften the blow. Grumps looked around, worried about where the ghost would pop out next. Stewie looked around as well, antennas twitching as he tried to sense the tremendous creature. Stewie prepared his fist, ready to strike. However, the darkness appeared below Grumps.

“Grumps!” Taitus called out, but it was far too late. The Banette came up, striking Grumps hard. In her already weakened state, it was easy to see why she fell so easily. Her large body hit the floor with force, and the Banette cackled as it looked at Stewie. The Ledian rushed forward, striking it with a Drain Punch to regain some of it’s health. It scowled at Stewie, glancing upwards as if looking for something. It stood there, watching a wall and doing absolutely nothing. Taitus blinked, glancing at you. “What’s it doing..?” He murmured. It scowled once again, but still did not attack. It seemed as though it was waiting for something --- but that left it wide open for attacks!

-------


With the executioner fixated on Buzzer and Meowth, he was unable to issue a command to his Banette. He stood, holding the Tyrouge’s cage in one hand while he held the axe in the other. Meowth wondered if he was serious… Could anyone really be this cruel? Buzzer seemed defeated, her body was slouched as she eyed the executioner --- making no effort to move. But Meowth, he was a little more cunning than that. He put up his paws to feign surrender, but began Hypnotizing the executioner.

“Wha… what’s happening…?” He muttered, a haze swirling in his eyes. The axe slipped from his grip, tumbling to the floor. He ran his hand over his face before dropping the cage as well, causing the stiff wooden bars to crumble and break immediately upon impact. The execution then came tumbling down, face smashing on the ground as he slept.

(Meowth gained 1 level)

“Mama!”
The Tyrouge called again, leaping into Buzzer’s arms. She cradled her son, tears welling up in her eyes.

“T-thank you” She murmured, pulling him onto her shoulder. She glanced at the axe, looking down at Meowth. “What should we do about that?”

What do you do?



Enigmatic Professor

The Jarl grinned, he seemed to be pleased by your answer. He sat upright on his throne, leaning forwards with his elbows on his knees. “Marvelous!” He called, suddenly clapping his hands together. Your Pokemon darted their heads in his direction, curiously tilting them slightly as they wondered what the man was so excited about. “Guards!” He called, gesturing with his left hand as a patrol of guards came rushing out. “Tell this warrior what we know about those… bandits on the outskirts.” The guards nodded, grabbing your arms and somewhat forcefully dragging you into a briefing room.

Commanded to change, you did so, now wearing a guard uniform of the Jarl’s army. You had to admit, there was a certain flare to it that you admired, but you knew you would have to discard it once back in present day --- lest be met with strange looks from onlookers. The guards brought you over to a map, pointing out various things upon it. You could see various pins poking out of it, similar to a war map that you would see in a movie.

“So… we’re here.” Began the guard, pointing to a large structure on the map. That much seemed obvious, but you let him continue. “The bandit outpost is just on the outskirts of the Keep.” He pointed to a few inches away on the map, it looked like a small mound. “It’s a little bit of a walk, the map makes the distance look a lot smaller than it actually is.” He muttered, glancing at you. “It’ll be about an hour, head west until you see the Giant’s Mouth.” He must be talking about the mound you saw on the map, you nodded slowly. “If you find the rest of the stolen goods, bring them back to the keep. I’m sure the Jarl will reward you.” You nodded once again, gesturing to your Pokemon to follow you as you left out the door of the Keep, heading west.

The swirling snow made it difficult to see, however… you swore you could hear something. You looked through the snow, unable to tell where the sound was coming from, it was a void of white but you could certainly hear the muffled sound of digging. All of the sudden, a howl made you turn your body. It was then you spotted it, a tremendous canine-like Pokemon that was stark white with a black face. It howled again, running off deeper into the storm --- further west. You wondered it that was one of the bandit’s Pokemon, alerting them of your presence.

What do you do?


Lit

The fireworks lit up beautifully, sparking into the sky and exploding into brilliant images of various Pokemon across the night sky. Custard marveled at the sight, eyes alight as he watched the show. The crowd got excited, various cheers rang out as they all clinked glasses of sake together and began to dance through the streets. The guards were bewildered, not knowing why the fireworks show had started so early. The Shogun had not yet made his announcement, yet, the sky was alight with celebration. They looked around, spotting you addressing the crowd as you and your Pokemon marveled. The gem vendor was there as well, marveling at the sky.

“Stop!” They screamed, rushing towards you and her and seizing your arms. “You’re under arrest!” They shouted suddenly. You quickly motioned for Custard to Charm them into submission, they were ruining your perfect celebration after all! But as the Togetic fluttered towards them, it was quickly struck down with a Smack Down from a large Conkeldurr --- hitting the ground and becoming dazed. Custard was then swung over the creature’s shoulder as it stared them down angrily.

“Hey, I have nothing to do with this!” Called the vendor girl, fighting against the grip of the guard. The guard who had ordered the arrest eyed her, looking at her long black and blue hair and her tattered clothes. They blinked at her, and then looked at you. It was the first time that you realized that the girl really did not look like the other Nihans. Against the crowd, her clothes were modern, just tattered to look worn. Not to mention her blue and black hair was striking.

“Save it for the Shogun,” He muttered, dragging you and her away and towards the Castle. Upon arrival, you and the girl were thrown in front of an elderly man, he looked at you with disdain as the guards explained the interruption.

You knew that you had to try and talk your way out of this… but you had no way to rig it in your favour with Custard in a cage beside you. What do you do?
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,893
Reaction score
8
Missingno. Master

A shining barrier was quickly erected in front of Grumps and Stewie, preparing them for the extreme force of the attack. You were fully aware how strong a Phantom Force attack was, but there was little you could do beyond soften the blow. Grumps looked around, worried about where the ghost would pop out next. Stewie looked around as well, antennas twitching as he tried to sense the tremendous creature. Stewie prepared his fist, ready to strike. However, the darkness appeared below Grumps.

“Grumps!” Taitus called out, but it was far too late. The Banette came up, striking Grumps hard. In her already weakened state, it was easy to see why she fell so easily. Her large body hit the floor with force, and the Banette cackled as it looked at Stewie. The Ledian rushed forward, striking it with a Drain Punch to regain some of it’s health. It scowled at Stewie, glancing upwards as if looking for something. It stood there, watching a wall and doing absolutely nothing. Taitus blinked, glancing at you. “What’s it doing..?” He murmured. It scowled once again, but still did not attack. It seemed as though it was waiting for something --- but that left it wide open for attacks!

-------


With the executioner fixated on Buzzer and Meowth, he was unable to issue a command to his Banette. He stood, holding the Tyrouge’s cage in one hand while he held the axe in the other. Meowth wondered if he was serious… Could anyone really be this cruel? Buzzer seemed defeated, her body was slouched as she eyed the executioner --- making no effort to move. But Meowth, he was a little more cunning than that. He put up his paws to feign surrender, but began Hypnotizing the executioner.

“Wha… what’s happening…?” He muttered, a haze swirling in his eyes. The axe slipped from his grip, tumbling to the floor. He ran his hand over his face before dropping the cage as well, causing the stiff wooden bars to crumble and break immediately upon impact. The execution then came tumbling down, face smashing on the ground as he slept.

(Meowth gained 1 level)

“Mama!”
The Tyrouge called again, leaping into Buzzer’s arms. She cradled her son, tears welling up in her eyes.

“T-thank you” She murmured, pulling him onto her shoulder. She glanced at the axe, looking down at Meowth. “What should we do about that?”

What do you do?
Stewie was ready for the Phantom Force, but as it turned out, not so much for who it was actually targeting- Banette was going for pure type matchups on this one, and landed the final blow on Grumps, knocking the Grumpig clean out. Stewie retaliated by landing the Drain Punch, at which Banette scowled and... did absolutely nothing?

Keith blinked. No, he wasn't imagining it- the Mega Banette was looking up at a wall, waiting, and judging by the look on its face, not getting whatever it was waiting for.

Keith had a feeling about this, and at Taitus's question, he whispered back. "I've seen that look on my own Banette's face about a hundred times- it's getting impatient with its Trainer," he said quietly. "It's waiting for orders, and doesn't seem to be getting them."Keith realized as he spoke that they had an opening here, if not an especially large one- Meowth almost certainly had something to do with the executioner not being able to issue commands to Banette anymore, but if Keith's experiences with training Myrtle and even Helena have taught him anything about Banette, it was that they'd only wait on their Trainer for so long before taking matters into their own cloth paws. He had to act fast, and fortunately, Stewie had just the move for capitalizing on Banette's momentary distraction. "Stewie, Focus Punch!" he whispered. "If that doesn't do it, follow up with Dynamic Punch!"

~~~~~

Meowth smirked- the Hypnosis worked perfectly. The executioner dropped both his axe and the cage, the latter of which shattered, freeing the Tyrogue instantly. As mother and son reunited, Buzzer tearfully thanked Meowth. "T'weren't nuttin'," Meowth purred in response. Then, however, the Electivire drew Meowth's attention to the axe- the axe with a Key Stone in it! "Yeah, dat's right- dat Key Stone's gotta be how Banette was able ta Mega Evolve," Meowth agreed. "Can't just leave dis here- dunno how long we got til dis big lug wakes up," he added, with a glance at the snoozing executioner. "But first tings first, if dat Key Stone's wat's givin' dat Banette its powa..." he added, before turning around and taking careful aim with his tail, which was starting to gain a metallic glow. Then, he slammed the tail right into the Key Stone, hoping to shatter it with a powerful Iron Tail (while ideally not running afoul of the axe's blade, naturally)! Of course, following this, getting the axe away from the executioner was still a priority- Key Stone or not, it could still be a deadly weapon, and thus should be kept as far away from this murderous individual as possible.


*Meowth grew to level 39!*
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Enigmatic Professor
The Jarl grinned, he seemed to be pleased by your answer. He sat upright on his throne, leaning forwards with his elbows on his knees. “Marvelous!” He called, suddenly clapping his hands together. Your Pokemon darted their heads in his direction, curiously tilting them slightly as they wondered what the man was so excited about. “Guards!” He called, gesturing with his left hand as a patrol of guards came rushing out. “Tell this warrior what we know about those… bandits on the outskirts.” The guards nodded, grabbing your arms and somewhat forcefully dragging you into a briefing room.

Commanded to change, you did so, now wearing a guard uniform of the Jarl’s army. You had to admit, there was a certain flare to it that you admired, but you knew you would have to discard it once back in present day --- lest be met with strange looks from onlookers. The guards brought you over to a map, pointing out various things upon it. You could see various pins poking out of it, similar to a war map that you would see in a movie.

“So… we’re here.” Began the guard, pointing to a large structure on the map. That much seemed obvious, but you let him continue. “The bandit outpost is just on the outskirts of the Keep.” He pointed to a few inches away on the map, it looked like a small mound. “It’s a little bit of a walk, the map makes the distance look a lot smaller than it actually is.” He muttered, glancing at you. “It’ll be about an hour, head west until you see the Giant’s Mouth.” He must be talking about the mound you saw on the map, you nodded slowly. “If you find the rest of the stolen goods, bring them back to the keep. I’m sure the Jarl will reward you.” You nodded once again, gesturing to your Pokemon to follow you as you left out the door of the Keep, heading west.

The swirling snow made it difficult to see, however… you swore you could hear something. You looked through the snow, unable to tell where the sound was coming from, it was a void of white but you could certainly hear the muffled sound of digging. All of the sudden, a howl made you turn your body. It was then you spotted it, a tremendous canine-like Pokemon that was stark white with a black face. It howled again, running off deeper into the storm --- further west. You wondered it that was one of the bandit’s Pokemon, alerting them of your presence.

What do you do?

Drake too wondered why the Jarl was so excited about along with his canine parntners, however he didn't have too much time to ponder it right now.
After getting taken to the breifing room, he changed into a surprisingly warm, probably lined with Mareep wool as it was said to be extremely breathable and warm even in the harshest of the cold. Drake knew he'd have to get rid of this uniform when he goes back home... But perhaps he could play it off as a custom made suit and put it on display back at his base. Overlooking the map, Drake kept his mouth shut and rather nodded and grunted to show that he heard and didn't have questions, not that they were likely to answer them nicely or at all.
“It’ll be about an hour, head west until you see the Giant’s Mouth.” Said the gaurd eh? An hours walk, run or riding aboard Wolfe wouldn't take that long.
Drake was unsure about this whole situation overall. Something just didn't... Feel right. Neither the gaurds nor the Jarl actually seemed involved or to care that much about ... Anything? Well maybe he was wrong but Drake would have to follow along with the ride so to speak until he or his partners Lelo, Fenrir, or Wolfe smelled or saw something off about this, that they could actually be 100% positive about.

Riding atop, the 12ft monstrosity of his partner pokemon, Drake had difficulty seeing very far into this, moderate snowfall, but he could clearly hear the sound of something digging through the snow... Unfortunately he could not pinpoint the exact direction from whence it came.

A howl of Pokemon made Drake turn around and Wolfe, Fenrir and Lelo prepared to possibly fight. Then all of them spotted the tremendous Canine that unleashed the howl, Stark white with a Black face... Drake couldn't scan it with his pokedex even IF he had it upon him, but he thought it could have been a Furfro.

"Come on, Lets follow it and see where it leads us guys!" Drake called out to Lelo and Fenrir. Wolfe didn't need a verbal command due to their shared telepathy that was unique to them and gripping his partners fur tightly Drake hung on as Wolfe charged a path in the snow after the white pokemon with Lelo and Fenrir following close behind in Wolfe's path.
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
142
Reaction score
1
Alice Hope

The Buzzwole flexed extensively upon being released from it’s Pokeball. It’s face shot in Alice’s direction as it continued to flex and make strange noises directed towards her, similar to the clicking noises that human men would make when attempting to catcall someone. Kaito looked flustered, an upset redness that trickled over his whole face. He crossed his arms in frustration, Junpei climbed a tree in fear, terrified of the tremendous bug monstrosity.

Jasper has a sweatdrop trickle down his face, quickly shaking off his disdain and beginning to follow orders. The Mean Look only seemed to make the creature angrier, causing it to Focus its Energy and let out a loud hiss followed by more extremely aggressive flexing. It was like a scene from an extremely odd anime, where two buff dudes flex extensively before beating the tar out of each other. It was kind of grotesque to watch, but in a way… you also could not stop gawking at those muscles. Jasper, however, was not as easily distracted. He quickly got to work downsizing himself with a well placed “Can’t Catch Me” and although he was small to the naked eye, the smell of gingerbread permeated the area with an intense focus. The Buzzwole stopped flexing and stuck its stinger in the air, seemingly drawn to the smell of the sweets. As it moved closer, Jasper unleashed a Shockwave in an attempt to fry the strange chip. It struck the collar, just as you’d hoped… but it seemed to have the opposite effect. The chip began to smoke and spark, but the creature only seemed to grow angrier and more imposing. It almost looked at though it were in pain.

“SWOLE!” It cried out, it got closer to the miniature Jasper and flaunted his bulging muscles once again --- Taunting Jasper with their size. It then Lunged directly at Jasper, causing his attack to lower at the sheer force and suddenness of the attack.

It appeared as though the creature would not be bested so easily, it continued to fixate on you, flexing it’s muscles with every moment that the battle paused. What do you do?
Alice didn't know what the hell to do with herself, honestly. Was that thing... Coming onto her? She'd heard stories of how back in the really old days, partnerships between people and certain Pokemon like Lucario weren't unheard of, but... Good grief. It was literally calling her out and showing off. To check that she wasn't being delusional, Alice looked around at the others. Not only did Junpei look uncomfortable, but even Jasper was upset, and that pretty much sealed the deal. Her little ghost was not so easily put off.

“Joke's on you, dude, we usually only attack anyway.” Alice muttered at the sight of the taunt. Still, Jasper had taken the bait, and no wonder with the way this chad of an ultra beast was behaving. They'd done some damage to the collar, but the Buzzwole was obviously in pain, and they needed to sort that out quickly. She even wondered, in spite of the Beast Ball, if this guy was his true trainer with the collar on. If it came off, would it go loose, or was it simply on to boost strength and its loyalty was spoken for?

“Jasper,” Alice spoke quietly. Her imp glanced back, fading from sight only briefly, before appearing again where she could communicate without needing to shout. “Use Feint, go at that collar again. Power-Up Punch and Infestation, we need to break it, fast.” Alice ordered. Jasper nodded, and once again, he slunk off to make his strikes. The trainer, however, wondered if she could distract the Buzzwole. It seemed fixated on her, after all... Best not ignore it.

“Wow, Buzzwole! Look at all your muscles! You're so~ cool!” She exclaimed with full on enthusiasm, practically exuding charm. She flexed one of her own with a pout, and she could practically sense Jasper's disgust already for the act she was putting on, “Look at mine! They're so small! I wish I could be as strong and cool as you are, I'm gonna have to get in shape!”

What was even going on anymore...
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
17
Mana Opal

Following behind Fontaine, you wondered exactly where you had ended up. There was nothing but impressive architecture in the distance and high cliffs that seemed to go on forever. You walked towards the city in the distance, downstream from your current position. You were sure once you arrived there, someone would be able to tell you exactly where you were. Fontaine chimed happily, metallic noises erupting from it’s being as it took in the unfamiliar sights around itself.

The city was small, it could barely even be called a city. As you approached, you realized it was much more akin to a working village than that of a city. You could spot men carrying lumber and various metals towards a forge, you wondered what they could possibly need weapons for. Approaching a man, you asked where the weapons were going, causing him to chuckle as though he thought you were joking.

“Did you smack your head when you fell into the aqueduct?” He laughed harder, pointing at your wet clothes, “It’s the annual warriors feast! The emperor needs all the weapons he can get!” His eyes sparkled, “I’m hoping he lets me compete this year.” You looked around, slightly curious as to the nature of the weapons. Approaching the cart that they were on, you noticed one that was oddly intricate… it’s sheath seemingly crafted with more artistic detail than the others. You reached out, touching the beautifully craf-

You let out a scream feeling something chomp down on your hand. Pulling away in a hurry, you watched as the sword floated upwards, eyes glowing faintly as it focused on you.


“Hon!” It screamed, using it’s ghastly powers to throw the other swords from the cart towards the villagers. They shrieked, scattering in all directions to hide from the swords.



Honedge Lunges Forward!

What do you do?
From a distance, it seemed like such a quaint little town, but it didn't take very long for Amicae to notice that it was abuzz with activity. People were milling about the place in preparation for something, but with the apparent flow of metals into what appeared to be forge, she couldn't help but grow a bit concerned. Had the temporal rift dropped her into a time of war? This was clearly an ancient civilization compared to when she came from, so she doubted that her scars would keep her from being drafted into the effort if it came down to that...

Thankfully, reality had the opposite idea- they were preparing for a grand feast! A festival dedicated to swords, apparently (what an odd choice), but a grand feast nonetheless! Though it did seem a bit odd for someone as high ranking as an emperor to show up in a small town like this for such an event...

Still, she couldn't help but roll her eyes a little when a local threw shade at the state of her attire. Apparently the silk wasn't quite as capable wicking water off as the tests suggested? She'll have to take another look at the thread ratios later.

That being said, there was apparently a competition of sorts attached to this annual celebration, and there were plenty of obvious context clues about to determine it's nature. Ami wasn't familiar enough with swordplay to say that she stood much of a chance at being allowed entry, but that doesn't mean that she couldn't appreciate the work that went into it. Especially the blade with the extra fancy sheath. "Are you meant to be one of the pri-aaAAIII!"

Nobody expects to be attacked by an unarmed sword in the middle of a vibrant town, but that made it that much easier to figure out what was actually going on. She had wards to fend off the subtle spirit draining of litwik, but those would hardly pose an issue to the hungry assault of a honedge! Fortunately for her, the Ghost wasn't hungry. Unfortunately for everyone else, it was angry! In an instant, the village's hard-forged blades were careening toward their makers, leaving screams in their wake!

Controlling that many swords at once almost certainly took a lot of focus, so breaking that concentration should put the villagers out of harm's way. Surely a blow from something that can with stand jetplanes with no scratches will do the trick? "Fontaine, quickly use Bullet Punch!"
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
90
Reaction score
2
Lit
The fireworks lit up beautifully, sparking into the sky and exploding into brilliant images of various Pokemon across the night sky. Custard marveled at the sight, eyes alight as he watched the show. The crowd got excited, various cheers rang out as they all clinked glasses of sake together and began to dance through the streets. The guards were bewildered, not knowing why the fireworks show had started so early. The Shogun had not yet made his announcement, yet, the sky was alight with celebration. They looked around, spotting you addressing the crowd as you and your Pokemon marveled. The gem vendor was there as well, marveling at the sky.

“Stop!” They screamed, rushing towards you and her and seizing your arms. “You’re under arrest!” They shouted suddenly. You quickly motioned for Custard to Charm them into submission, they were ruining your perfect celebration after all! But as the Togetic fluttered towards them, it was quickly struck down with a Smack Down from a large Conkeldurr --- hitting the ground and becoming dazed. Custard was then swung over the creature’s shoulder as it stared them down angrily.

“Hey, I have nothing to do with this!” Called the vendor girl, fighting against the grip of the guard. The guard who had ordered the arrest eyed her, looking at her long black and blue hair and her tattered clothes. They blinked at her, and then looked at you. It was the first time that you realized that the girl really did not look like the other Nihans. Against the crowd, her clothes were modern, just tattered to look worn. Not to mention her blue and black hair was striking.

“Save it for the Shogun,” He muttered, dragging you and her away and towards the Castle. Upon arrival, you and the girl were thrown in front of an elderly man, he looked at you with disdain as the guards explained the interruption.

You knew that you had to try and talk your way out of this… but you had no way to rig it in your favour with Custard in a cage beside you. What do you do?

Leo knew better than to try and resist an officer of the law. With his background he had more than a few run ins with Officer Nanu. Team Skull and trouble were always associated, even if you did leave the team or, in this case, the team being disbanded. He just tugged on his yukata as he got escorted away. At least he put on the show he wanted.

He soon ended up being thrown in a cage with Custard, the girl, and her Sableye. Seemed she also wasn't from around here, now that he had a good look at the rest of the locals. Looking at her, he quickly lifted his left sleeve, showcasing a Team Skull bandanna wrapped around his arm. She at least should know that at this point.

He looked at the old man in disdain. Sure, he looked a little like Nanu to him, but all old people looked similar. Not that he really cared. He did what he wanted. To showcase that festivals were supposed to be about fun instead of showing off military prowess.

"You know I always wanted to see the Johtian roots that Ula'ula had," Leo started to speak. "To learn that Niha would eventually become Johto and Kanto was something interesting to hear from the old library in Maile city. Read a story where a king took his culture from Johto and brought it to Alola, and reigned over Alola for a while. You know, you kind look like that guy. Probably his ancestor."

"Of course, I'm sure nothing of what I'm saying makes sense. After all, why trust a delinquent from the future? I just wanted to prove that festivals were supposed to be about fun and joy. I proved my point. That's how these festivals are in my day and age, I don't see why they can't be in yours."
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
7
Raves-

Deciding you wanted to explore the outside of the temple first, your recall your Pokemon and look around. There didn't seem to be much at first, besides the intricate architecture and the beauty of the building itself. It was made of pure marble, and it seemed the building was constantly cleaned and cleared of any debris of ivy that may blemish the image of the temple. You can see that the pillars at the entrance have some sort of runic language etched into it, and what seems to be statues of Noctowls perched atop of those pillars.

Seemed the entrance doesn't have any hidden secrets, and with that you make your way around the perimeter of the temple. Or at the very least what you can of the temple. You quickly realize that the temple was constructed into a mountain, one that was hard to see at first due to the grandiose size of the temple's entrance. As you look there seems to be many doors leading towards the outside, and you can see a few clerics and other members of the temple all watching you. Some wore masks based on Hoothoot, but some didn't wear anything beyond a simple robe. Seemed there was a hierarchy here, and the man you met out front was the head priest.

Heading to the other side of the temple, you notice a giant oak tree surrounded by a field of flowers. A few of the Hoothoot masked patrons were sitting in a circle, seeming to be discussing something while holding stone tablets.

"And I said to him that his philosophy was ridiculous. War is an important part of our culture, and it allows gains in not only land but also allows us to gain more knowledge of the people that we conquer," shouts one, and by their voice you could tell was a younger voice.

"Iskander, you are such hotheaded. Yes I do know Chromius is more pacifistic, but he does have a point. The root of Knowledge and Wisdom is through communication. While Artema is a Goddess of War, she is primarily a Goddess of Wisdom and Civilization. War can destroy the civilizations and render their knowledge lost," argues another, who seemed more calmer than the one who was shouting.

"Dymnos you always take his side. War is not about pillaging and destruction, is is about expansion. We are not scholars of Atries, we are scholars of Artema. She is specifically the Goddess of Military Tactics, not War as a whole. I am saying that War has its merits in the pursuit of knowledge. Just you watch, one day I'll create a vast lighthouse and library when I conquer Eygia!" Iskander stands up and throwing his tablet down.

"Boys, boys, we are supposed to be having a calm debate on philosophy, not getting into arguments about the benefits of war," a third voice chimes in. It is much softer than the other two, but you can't tell beyond that. "Besides, it seems the guest our master has predicted to arrive is here. Let's finish this up so we can help attend to them.

The group then looks at you, seeming to wait for a response to the situation.

What do you do?
The intent to check around the temple before recovery had more than one benefit: it meant that Rory could marvel further at the architecture of the building, constructed of marble and impeccably spotless. The pillars at the entrance bore some sort of runes upon them, runes that seemed somewhat familiar to the history books he had read back in his time, with Noctowl statues cresting said pillars. All in all, the entrance seemed just that, an extravagant entrance to the temple. Wandering around the back, the youth then discovered that the temple itself was less constructed and more carved. Carved right into the side of a great mountain, difficult to make out due to the entrance's scale, and staring up into the cliffside he could see numerous doorways and entrances in the rock, with more of the temple's patrons peering at the boy. It was about that time that Rory realised that he probably stood out like a sore thumb, with his modern day getup, and he was only a little embarrassed at the number of eyes gazing at him. Some of them wore masks that seemed to be styled after Hoothoot, but most of the clerics were without them, which meant that the guy with the Noctowl mask who was muttering to himself would be the head priest.

He swallowed dryly before turning to find himself upon a great oak tree, with a trio of the Hoothoot masked men sitting around a circle in the middle of a flowery paddock, in deep discussion about something, and approaching, he could make out the gist of the topic: War, and its utility. One of the men, by the name of Iskander apparently, seemed to take a great deal of passion in the ideals of war, declaring its role in Grecan culture and what it gains. Rory contemplated this topic for a brief moment until his counterpart in the debate, by the name of Dymnos, disagreed with the sentiment, stating that war destroyed civilizations and knowledge, while pinpointing that though Artema was a goddess of war, specifically her domain was wisdom and civilization. Countering this idea, Iskander retorted that war was for expansion, and that Artema was patron of military tactics and that war had some benefits regarding the pursuit of knowledge, declaring one day he'd conquer Egya and erect a great library and lighthouse.

Rory had heard of that lighthouse, a legendary Pharos, and how it ultimately fell, quite ironically given the context here, to a war between ancient Romma and Egya, but kept quiet about it as the third voice, by the name of Chromius, righted the pair and stated they were meant to be debating philosophy, before opting to end their debate as a guest had arrived, before all three looked towards him, and it dawned immediately upon him that said guest predicted was him.

"Uh..." he started, a little confused at a topic a bit above his paygrade, but he felt the need to be honest. "Well, uh...I think I met your master, but wanted to have a look around before I went inside...could you tell me a bit about Artema? I'm a little forgetful on what she does..." Rory was indeed curious on Artema and the temple, and would ask next as to the difference between this one and the one in town. He was very much a temporal fish out of water, and thought that having some background on Artema would prove useful, especially if the prospect of dealing with Araqne afterwards would be thrust upon his shoulders.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
90
Reaction score
2
Heather-

Heimdall nods to you in understanding, and starts to focus his eyes. He stares at the Cofagrigus. The coffin Pokemon just looks at you, a gleam of curiosity in its eyes. It was analyzing you and your Gallade, determining its next course of action. Though this leads strait to Heimdall's trap, as the ghost type becomes fixated on the Gallade. You see your Pokemon's eyes flash blue, and waves rings of blue somnial light starts to wash over the Cofagrigus.

The ghost type slowly falls into a trance, retracting each of its arms on by one back into its sarcophagus. It then closes its eyes, and what lays before you is just the coffin. You could tell the hypnosis worked, and that it was sleeping soundly.

Your Gallade went onto the next stage of your plan, and began waiving his arms in circles. He was working on the dreams of the Cofagrigus and plucked through them one by one. Each dream was then formed into small little wisps in his right hand, and Heimdall popped them into his mouth. You could hear the audible crunch as the Gallade ate each one of the ghost-type's dreams.

Small cries of pain come from the sleeping Pokemon as its dreams were snatched from it and eaten. It suddenly unfurled one of its arms and reach towards the sky. Just then the Future Sight came into play. Bolts of light rain down on the coffin Pokemon, and it screeches out in pain. It continues for a bit, and then stops.

Heimdall has gained 3 Levels.

You see its arm fall limply to its side. This causes the rest of the Pokemon opens up, and you can see that its knocked out. Seems that this threat was over, and you have completed what you needed to do here and you would soon gain the knowledge you seek. A pedestal with a scroll appears behind to defeated Pokemon. Seems this was your reward. All you had to do reach out and grab it.

What do you do?

Mask-

You watch as your Turtwig starts to glow a bright white, a tell-tale sign of what was going to transpire next. A cocoon of light enveloped the grass turtle, his form beginning to change within. You watched as he got bigger, bulkier, and stronger. Soon he emerged from within, now a sturdy Grotle.

This filled the both of you with new found determination. Yes, it seemed like a perfect time to finally unleash that move. Grotle seemed more than capable to perform this technique as well. With that in mind, your turn the green Z-crystal in your Z-ring and unleash the dance of the Alolan ancients.

Grotle becomes imbued with the ancient power of flora, and his entire body begins to glow a faint green. Flowers begin to bloom at his feet, seeming unfazed by the frigid soil beneath. The sky itself lightens, and the cloudy day clears away to a bright winter sun. With a roar, the green glow is expelled from Grotle into a beam of light heading towards the sun.

The light then arcs towards the Lycanroc, and flowers begin to bloom within the sandy, slush tomb. The swirl around, giving in an interesting color before the light crashed into Skoll, causing a giant explosion. The entire area is filled with flower petals was the giant wolf screeches in pain, writhing from the purity of the grass energy. As the petals fall, you can see Skoll standing, if only barely, ready to fight until the bitter end. The fight wasn't over just yet, but you had it on the ropes, considering it wasn't making a move this round. It must be planning something...

What do you do?

Raves-

The group gives you some strange looks as you awkwardly approach them. The third figure you saw speaking, who you assumed was the Chromius that was being talked about. You see a few locks of blond hair fall from their hood as the head towards you.

"Hello traveler," they greet you as they bow. "Excuse the boys, they always get a little heated. My name is Sofia, it is a pleasure to meet you. Master said that we would be having a guest today. I'd be more than happy to help you."

"Anyways, Artema is the Goddess of Wisdom, Military Tactics, and Justice to name a few. In your case you should know that she is also the Goddess of Crafts and the Arts as well. Don't confuse that with Dionus or Apollyn. Gods may share some domains but oversee them in other ways. I hope that answers your questions?" she looks at you, tilting her head a little bit. Even behind your mask you can feel her puzzled gaze fixed on you.

Then the other two who were with you walk up. You could tell they were boys based off their larger frames and stature. The shorter one goes up to you an sticks his head into yours, as if he was sizing you up. It was certainly uncomfortable, especially with their masks hiding their faces from you.

"You seem like a strong one! Tell me your name and I might even give you a battle. After all, I'll be king over all of these lands one day," he gives you a hearty laugh despite his high pitched voice. The boy certainly had a lot of confidence.

"Iskander what has Master Aristotle told you about getting into fights with new people?" the taller boy speaks up, giving his friend a chiding question. "Your hubris will eventually be your downfall."

"Dymnos please don't lecture me in front of the new guy!" Iskander shouts, pouting a little but while he does so.

"Ignore those two, they might fight a lot but they care about each other. Besides us three we have two more pupils here. I'm sure you overheard Chromius, and then there is my brother Spyro dozing off somewhere. You must think it strange a girl is learning? Well I'm not really learning here per say. I more help around and just interact with the boys during my down time," Sofia speaks up and gives more details about the temple.

"What's your name anyways? Would be useful to know so I can start preparing your room," she asks, tilting her head once again.

How do you respond?
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
7
Raves-

The group gives you some strange looks as you awkwardly approach them. The third figure you saw speaking, who you assumed was the Chromius that was being talked about. You see a few locks of blond hair fall from their hood as the head towards you.

"Hello traveler," they greet you as they bow. "Excuse the boys, they always get a little heated. My name is Sofia, it is a pleasure to meet you. Master said that we would be having a guest today. I'd be more than happy to help you."

"Anyways, Artema is the Goddess of Wisdom, Military Tactics, and Justice to name a few. In your case you should know that she is also the Goddess of Crafts and the Arts as well. Don't confuse that with Dionus or Apollyn. Gods may share some domains but oversee them in other ways. I hope that answers your questions?" she looks at you, tilting her head a little bit. Even behind your mask you can feel her puzzled gaze fixed on you.

Then the other two who were with you walk up. You could tell they were boys based off their larger frames and stature. The shorter one goes up to you an sticks his head into yours, as if he was sizing you up. It was certainly uncomfortable, especially with their masks hiding their faces from you.

"You seem like a strong one! Tell me your name and I might even give you a battle. After all, I'll be king over all of these lands one day," he gives you a hearty laugh despite his high pitched voice. The boy certainly had a lot of confidence.

"Iskander what has Master Aristotle told you about getting into fights with new people?" the taller boy speaks up, giving his friend a chiding question. "Your hubris will eventually be your downfall."

"Dymnos please don't lecture me in front of the new guy!" Iskander shouts, pouting a little but while he does so.

"Ignore those two, they might fight a lot but they care about each other. Besides us three we have two more pupils here. I'm sure you overheard Chromius, and then there is my brother Spyro dozing off somewhere. You must think it strange a girl is learning? Well I'm not really learning here per say. I more help around and just interact with the boys during my down time," Sofia speaks up and gives more details about the temple.

"What's your name anyways? Would be useful to know so I can start preparing your room," she asks, tilting her head once again.

How do you respond?
To Rory's slight surprise, the more level headed of the three scholarly men turned out to be not so much a man as they were a woman, and the few flecks of blonde hair that fell from her hood only cemented this. Introducing herself as Sofia, she noted that his arrival was expected, but before she could continue the shorter of the two male clerics quickly intruded into his personal space, sizing him up, and the youth found the sudden invasion a little creepy, leaning back a little. The overconfident fellow then asked him of his name, boasting on his ambitions, only for Iskander to be chided down by Dymnos, the older student rightfully indicating that his zeal would bite him in the arse, so to speak.

The lady then continued, explaining a couple more names, with her brother Spyro dozing off in the grounds, before elaborating that she's more a helper at the temple rather than a fully fledged student, before she asked him of his name, curious. Rory took a few seconds to take the information in, trying to wrack his brain on the name Iskander and the ancient history books he had read, but ultimately came up blank. Either he hadn't really studied that part of ancient Greca, or he had simply forgot. Either way, leaving Sofia hanging would be rude on him, and given his location he felt that using his full name would be more appropriate.

"Uh, Grigorio, but most folks call me Rory..." he stumbled eventually, still a little intimidated by the masks, but relaxing a little more. "I'm kinda here due to some troubles in the city and one of the priests there said to seek this temple out..."

He swallowed dryly, giving a slight glance at Iskander as he began to wonder just what the hotheaded fellow was really like, and unconsiously questioning if his bark was merely worse than his actual bite. He wouldn't press on the battle side though, unless the cleric was adamant on the fact.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Missingo Master: With the Banette distracted, you seize upon your opportunity. Issuing your orders, you watch on as Stewie nods curtly, shifting position in mid air to ready his stance. Concentrating intently, the Ledian ignites a furious blue aura around one of his fists, causing it to tremble with the intensity. Banette can only stand there in consternation, desperate for some instruction - any instruction - but as the seconds pass it becomes dauntingly clear that nothing was to come. With a guttural roar, Stewie lurches forwards, seething fist screaming headlong into the gut of Banette. The Ghost type is launched backwards by the Focus Punch, slamming with a crunch into a nearby wall .... but somehow managing to hold onto consciousness. Hissing savagely, the Banette lunges for Stewie, determining that this would be it's last engagement. Claws awash with thickened purple haze, the possessed doll rakes a Shadow Claw along the carapace of Stewie, but the Ledian is unperturbed. He had been given a job, and he would see it through. With a hammering blow, the Ledian thunders a final Dynamic Punch into the face of his opponent, and this time as Banette is thrown, it slumps to the floor, eyes overcome by dizzied spirals. Taitus cheers at the sight, but the celebrations are quickly drawn to a halt by the sound of a almighty boom, emanating from deeper within the dungeon. The blood drains from Taitus' face as he looks towards you, before you both start immediately towards the origin of the sound.

Flashing back a few moments, and Meowth coats his tail in a hardened coating of silvery energy. Taking careful aim, the feline swings the stiffened appendage through the air, grating harshly against the refined crystal of the Mega Stone. The expert strike seems to have worked, at least on a superficial level, as a deep gouging crack splinters the surface of the stone. Unfortunately, a dull groan is soon after heard. Turning, Meowth sees the executioner on his feet and reaching for the axe already - presumably he had received a degree of training to resist mental attacks like Hypnosis. However, before Meowth can move, a blinding flash of yellow streaks past him. Buzzer had gone on the offensive, and now there was no hostage to hold her back. Clad in an high voltage armour, she slams a well muscled arm into the chest of the executioner, and the man is flung from his feet with sickening force, skidding along the ground before finally collapsing into a heap, breathing but badly injured.

(Meowth gained 1 level)

Mana Opal: People screamed as they dispersed, and from nowhere a number of guards leapt to their defence, raising their shields to protect as many as possible from the lunging blades. Watching the chaos unfold before you, you can't help but want to rush ti the aid of the villagers. As you shout your orders, Honedge seems unperturbed, more focused on causing as much pandemonium as it could. Metallic shearing rising from the body of the possessed sword eerily approximated laughter, as the demented conductor caused the animated weapons to lurch left and right. Fontaine is quick to the mark however, taking keen aim and coating one of his arms with a thick set silver aura. Grunting, the Metang abruptly jerks forward to strike with a Bullet Punch, the sheer speed of the blow leaving Honedge no room to react. As the clangorous note of metal crashing against metal rings around the surroundings, the manipulated swords all fall to the floor - but Honedge rears on your Metang, turning it's attention towards Fontaine instead.

A cursory glance of the crowd showed that there had been no serious casualties - a handful of villagers sported light cuts here and there, but nothing immediately life threatening, and the guards seemed similarly unscathed. With that put to one side, Fontaine shifts to hover just before you, arms raised in a fighting stance. With a garbled screech, Honedge ignites the length of it's blade with a crawling darkness, hissing as it charges forwards with clear intent to land a Shadow Claw. While you may have navigated successfully out of the frying pan, you were well and truly into the fire now.


Enigmatic Professor: You tail the mysterious beast, your squad perfectly suited for such an endeavour. As you move, the trees begin to close in on all sides, creating a rather oppressively claustrophobic atmosphere. As they do, you gradually start to lag behind the smaller creature, who was much more adept at weaving between the encroaching foliage - and yet you never got the impression that you were ever about to fully lose the track. Finally, you break into a large clearing, realising that you had strayed from the path indicated to you by the guards. Looking around, you spot the Pokemon you had been following standing on a bluff overlooking the clearing, and it indicates with it's head for you to approach.

Climbing up to the vantage, you follow the line of sight of the white canine - which you can now identify as an Absol. Squinting somewhat to focus your vision, you quickly notice what was obviously the bandits camp. A few trees had been felled to create a perimeter of sorts, and around a central campfire there were a number of thieves enjoying a drink. They clearly had no real intent to mask their presence - the smoke from the fire rose high and readily identified their position, and the noise from the camp could easily be heard despite the insulating snow underfoot. Having not seen your attacker, you had no way of knowing whether they were among the gathered bandits, but the chances were good. In one corner of the campsite, you spotted their thieved items, but something else had caught your eye. In another corner was a large cage, heavy wrought bars confining a young boy. Could this be the reason the Jarl and his guards seemed so eager for an outsider to be the one to apprehend the group?


Alice Hope: Your rather shameless show is met with disdain and confusion respectively from the businessman and Kaito - but it has the intended effect on Buzzwole. The Bug type continues to violently flex, the whole situation rapidly descending into some sort of surrealist nightmare. Fortunately Jasper is able to find his moment among the madness. Sneaking in close, the Sableye leaps upwards, raking sharpened claws over the collar with a well placed Feint. Small gouges follow at the point of impact, but still the machinery refuses to yield, despite the intensity of it's sputtering. Worse still, Buzzwole seems to have cottoned onto the deception, leaping back determinedly and glaring at Jasper. While his aggravating display continued, it was clear that things had gotten serious.

Jasper grimaces at this, but forges on all the same. Curling one of his hands into a compact fist, he ignites a trembling orange aura around the appendage, leaping upwards once more to land a crunching Power-up Punch. Before he can land though, Buzzwole brings a hefty fist swinging round - and despite the blow grazing Jasper on account of his smaller stature, it is clear that the sudden Ice Punch had left it's mark, one of Jasper's arms now thinly coated in ice. Disgruntled, the Sableye issues a buzzing swarm at his opponent, chuckling as the Infestation began to work it's magic. While the device began sparking out of control, clearly on the verge of breaking, the attack also had the effect of pushing Buzzwole to his most irate. So furious was he now that even his flexing had ceased, his pure unbridled fury focused squarely on Jasper. Whatever he was about to do, it wasn't going to be pretty.

Lit: The vendor girl seems to take immediate note of your flashed bandana, her face twisting from shocked to confused to accepting all in a brief matter of seconds. Fortunately, the old man observing your capture doesn't seem to notice, too preoccupied with his pipe and a tattered notebook he had retrieved from within his clothing. He seems to barely listen as you begin to talk directly to him, choosing instead to continue writing - but as soon as you mention being from the future, it is clear the atmosphere changes. The man quickly puts away his notebook, and his demeanour shifts from one of curt annoyance to intense scrutiny. Taking a moment to stare you down, the elder finally extends a single bony finger, indicating for the guards to follow. Wordlessly, the arresting officers step forwards to grab both you and the vendor by the arms, frogmarching you deeper into the castle after the man.

You walk for what feels like a few minutes, winding through a number of snaking corridors. You tried to make sense of just how far into the castle you were moving - for quite a while it seemed more than anything that you were descending, and as you walked a distinct fragrance began to build. One of flowery incense, masking something you couldn't quite place no matter how much you focused. Before you could settle on any reasonable guesses, you are forced into a large, courtly room.

On every side were a number of rather important looking men, sitting cross legged on tatami. A cursory glance leads to you estimating roughly seventeen men, eight on each side with a single man presiding at the head of the room. The man who led you here as well as the guards all make a show of bowing low to these men, before gingerly retreating. As they did, the man sitting at the forefront sets down an ornate pipe, a grim smile on his face. His voice boomed with authority, a steady undertone of wisdom and experience dripping from his words.

"So, I hear you are travellers from the future. May I ask what business you had with my festival?"
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,893
Reaction score
8
Missingo Master: With the Banette distracted, you seize upon your opportunity. Issuing your orders, you watch on as Stewie nods curtly, shifting position in mid air to ready his stance. Concentrating intently, the Ledian ignites a furious blue aura around one of his fists, causing it to tremble with the intensity. Banette can only stand there in consternation, desperate for some instruction - any instruction - but as the seconds pass it becomes dauntingly clear that nothing was to come. With a guttural roar, Stewie lurches forwards, seething fist screaming headlong into the gut of Banette. The Ghost type is launched backwards by the Focus Punch, slamming with a crunch into a nearby wall .... but somehow managing to hold onto consciousness. Hissing savagely, the Banette lunges for Stewie, determining that this would be it's last engagement. Claws awash with thickened purple haze, the possessed doll rakes a Shadow Claw along the carapace of Stewie, but the Ledian is unperturbed. He had been given a job, and he would see it through. With a hammering blow, the Ledian thunders a final Dynamic Punch into the face of his opponent, and this time as Banette is thrown, it slumps to the floor, eyes overcome by dizzied spirals. Taitus cheers at the sight, but the celebrations are quickly drawn to a halt by the sound of a almighty boom, emanating from deeper within the dungeon. The blood drains from Taitus' face as he looks towards you, before you both start immediately towards the origin of the sound.

Flashing back a few moments, and Meowth coats his tail in a hardened coating of silvery energy. Taking careful aim, the feline swings the stiffened appendage through the air, grating harshly against the refined crystal of the Mega Stone. The expert strike seems to have worked, at least on a superficial level, as a deep gouging crack splinters the surface of the stone. Unfortunately, a dull groan is soon after heard. Turning, Meowth sees the executioner on his feet and reaching for the axe already - presumably he had received a degree of training to resist mental attacks like Hypnosis. However, before Meowth can move, a blinding flash of yellow streaks past him. Buzzer had gone on the offensive, and now there was no hostage to hold her back. Clad in an high voltage armour, she slams a well muscled arm into the chest of the executioner, and the man is flung from his feet with sickening force, skidding along the ground before finally collapsing into a heap, breathing but badly injured.

(Meowth gained 1 level)
Focus Punch was a very unique move. There were a fair amount of moves that required a bit of charging before actually getting to the good part, but unlike the rest, Focus Punch had a more... delicate charging procedure. The impact of any attacking move, from Scratch to Superpower and anything in between, would disrupt the charging and cause the move to fail. It therefore required a fair amount of strategy and planning to use effectively. Usually, anyway- sometimes, like right now, a perfect opportunity, such as a distracted opponent, simply fell into one's lap. Stewie, therefore, landed his attack without issue. Packed with power normally, this was made even stronger when launched by an Iron Fist, which is exactly what Stewie had. Keith was, therefore, suitably surprised that Banette remained conscious after that, but as it moved in for a Shadow Claw, Stewie landed a Dynamic Punch that finished the job. "Yes! Stewie, great work!" Keith grinned.

"Led ledi-" began Stewie-

BOOM!

Keith jumped at this. Taitus seemed to have no idea what this could be, but Keith wasn't sure it could be anything good. "Let's move," he murmured to Taitus and Stewie, and they went together to investigate the source.

Meanwhile, Meowth's Iron Tail did the trick, cracking the Key Stone clean in half. However, not long after this, the executioner began to stir- evidently, he'd had some training to resist mental attacks such as Hypnosis, and therefore wasn't out of it for as long as he ought to have been. He reached for his axe, but before Meowth could so much as extend his claws and prepare to give him the Fury Swipes of a lifetime, Buzzer acted faster. Now that the executioner had no hostage, nothing was stopping the Electivire from slugging the man with a powerful Thunder Punch. He collapsed, injured yet still alive. Meowth breathed a sigh of relief. "Nice one," he said to Buzzer. "Alright, maybe grab dat axe," he added. "Key Stone or no Key Stone, I'm tinkin' we want dis guy as far away from dat ting as possible. Let's get movin'," he added to Buzzer and her Tyrogue son. "Get back ta Keith and get outta here."


*Meowth grew to level 43!*
 
New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
27
Reaction score
17
Mana Opal: People screamed as they dispersed, and from nowhere a number of guards leapt to their defence, raising their shields to protect as many as possible from the lunging blades. Watching the chaos unfold before you, you can't help but want to rush ti the aid of the villagers. As you shout your orders, Honedge seems unperturbed, more focused on causing as much pandemonium as it could. Metallic shearing rising from the body of the possessed sword eerily approximated laughter, as the demented conductor caused the animated weapons to lurch left and right. Fontaine is quick to the mark however, taking keen aim and coating one of his arms with a thick set silver aura. Grunting, the Metang abruptly jerks forward to strike with a Bullet Punch, the sheer speed of the blow leaving Honedge no room to react. As the clangorous note of metal crashing against metal rings around the surroundings, the manipulated swords all fall to the floor - but Honedge rears on your Metang, turning it's attention towards Fontaine instead.

A cursory glance of the crowd showed that there had been no serious casualties - a handful of villagers sported light cuts here and there, but nothing immediately life threatening, and the guards seemed similarly unscathed. With that put to one side, Fontaine shifts to hover just before you, arms raised in a fighting stance. With a garbled screech, Honedge ignites the length of it's blade with a crawling darkness, hissing as it charges forwards with clear intent to land a Shadow Claw. While you may have navigated successfully out of the frying pan, you were well and truly into the fire now.
The dull clanging sound of metal upon metal rang through the air, followed by clattering iron onto the earth below. From the looks of things, the impromptu festival of blades was put on temporary hold- but it was far too soon to celebrate quite yet. After all, the mad headmaster stood barely grazed, and seething now that its grand performance was put on hold!

There was just on problem with the current situation: Fontaine was a poor match a Ghost and Steel Type like this one, even before taking account any fatigue they might be feeling with from the trip into town. And while it did admittedly have a power move it could use against such a foe, the consequences for missing would be disastrous! Surely it didn't take an expert to tell that the metang's role in this play ought to be retired for the time being? In that case...

"Sorry, friend, but you've got a different partner for this dance!" Amicae declared as she recalled Fontaine to the relative safety of their pokeball, and sent out another pokemon with her other hand and a small flourish. "Now, Cassandra, trap the interloper in a Sandy Tomb!" As soon as the sandygast touched ground, she lurched forward and started to twist herself into a hissing spiral of grains

They had needed to trap the honedge somehow, yet its status as a living sword made it uniquely suited for escaping silken threads and entangling briars alike. A vortex of sediment, on the other hand, should prove to be far too abrasive a prison for it to comfortably escape- at least long enough to buy some time. Ami glanced over her shoulder to address the guards. "Go make sure the civilians make it to safety! I can't guarantee we'll be able to keep this fiend contained for very long."
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
90
Reaction score
2
Lit: The vendor girl seems to take immediate note of your flashed bandana, her face twisting from shocked to confused to accepting all in a brief matter of seconds. Fortunately, the old man observing your capture doesn't seem to notice, too preoccupied with his pipe and a tattered notebook he had retrieved from within his clothing. He seems to barely listen as you begin to talk directly to him, choosing instead to continue writing - but as soon as you mention being from the future, it is clear the atmosphere changes. The man quickly puts away his notebook, and his demeanour shifts from one of curt annoyance to intense scrutiny. Taking a moment to stare you down, the elder finally extends a single bony finger, indicating for the guards to follow. Wordlessly, the arresting officers step forwards to grab both you and the vendor by the arms, frogmarching you deeper into the castle after the man.

You walk for what feels like a few minutes, winding through a number of snaking corridors. You tried to make sense of just how far into the castle you were moving - for quite a while it seemed more than anything that you were descending, and as you walked a distinct fragrance began to build. One of flowery incense, masking something you couldn't quite place no matter how much you focused. Before you could settle on any reasonable guesses, you are forced into a large, courtly room.

On every side were a number of rather important looking men, sitting cross legged on tatami. A cursory glance leads to you estimating roughly seventeen men, eight on each side with a single man presiding at the head of the room. The man who led you here as well as the guards all make a show of bowing low to these men, before gingerly retreating. As they did, the man sitting at the forefront sets down an ornate pipe, a grim smile on his face. His voice boomed with authority, a steady undertone of wisdom and experience dripping from his words.

"So, I hear you are travellers from the future. May I ask what business you had with my festival?"

"To have fun, and to see the origin of the festivals we'd have on Alola," Leo responded to the man. He wasn't fond of authority to begin with, and it was obvious that they wanted to exploit him just because he was from a future era. It was something he detested, being used since he offered something of value and nothing more.

"That's it, no big scheme or plot. Can't a guy just have fun? The fireworks display was to show that people could have fun and celebrate for any reason, regardless of it being big or small. That's how we held our festivals. The summer carnival was just for fun. People being able to take a break from their lives and enjoy themselves in silly little games and watch a fireworks display. Not to celebrate something grand that seemed set up just for that. Just honest fun," he went on, poring his heart into his little speech.

Once he was exhausted with himself, he just sat down and looked around the room. He knew he was getting odd stares, but that didn't matter. He was locked up for a good cause, and he knew that people would see that there was more to life than just worshiping those in power and groveling at their feet. He could tell the people here at the festival were afraid to let loose, and that they did things within certain limits.

Custard nuzzled up to him, the Togetic offering support. This wasn't the first time they've landed in a tight spot, and it certainly wasn't going to be the last, but the two of them always made it through together. That was how strong their bond was.
 
Top