1. Episode 14 of Bulbacast is now on YouTube. You can watch it right here.
  2. Hey everyone, confused about all the staff name changes? Want to get in on the villainy? Well then stop by here to see a list of staff name changes and to let us know what villain you will be theming this month! Happy Halloween from the forum staff!

Dialga's Gate: The Time Rift Zone

Discussion in 'Fizzy Bubbles' started by Astre, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:

Big starts way back down the mountain making his way from the harsher conditions near the peak to the relative safety and relief of the surrounding forests. He takes a small break once he is at the base and watches other people prepare for their own journies up to the oracle. He mentally wishes them the same luck he was granted before heading down the path back towards Thenia. Once he makes it back there he would have to find passage to Egya. He didn't have quite a plan but as he got into the city he would start to hear bits of info of a merchant ship and decided that would be his best bet. He didn't have a lot to offer but with his capable pokemon his current plan was to track down this merchant and offer his services for protection on the seas in exchange for being brought to Egya.

2. Faiyaa

Faiyaa Fizzy Bubbles ZA

Blog Posts:
    As he explored around the ancient palace, Gary was in awe of the sheer beauty of the architecture and various artwork that adorned it. He had seen many similar statues and mosaics in his studies, but never in this pristine condition. He could only imagine his professors’ expressions if he were to ever go back and tell them of what he was seeing. They probably wouldn’t even believe him. As Timothy returned to find him, it was finally time to meet with the king of this palace. Gary was a little nervous, unsure of the best customs to take when meeting royalty of this era, but he figured it was best to remain calm and stoic in order to not raise any undue suspicions.

Upon entering the royal throne room, the first thing that Gary noticed was that the king’s appearance didn’t entirely match those of the statues outside. They seemed to have embellished a few of his traits for posterity’s sake, he figured, as he quickly went into a bow to humble himself before the king. “Greetings, your highness,” he spoke in a manner he was not very used to, but figured it was appropriate. “My name is Gary, and yes, I come from the same era as Timothy. Thank you for granting me audience in your beautiful palace.” The king greeted him and began telling him of a mythological beast, the Minotaur, that haunts his family. He then presented Gary with a quest to slay the aforementioned beast.

Gary was unsure of the task he was being presented with, though he did his best to make sure it didn’t show on his face. He had no idea what kind of creature they were dealing with, but perhaps he would have a better idea once he saw it with his own two eyes. All he knew was that his own Tauros seemed to have some kind of emotional connection with this place, and he was determined to find out more. Deciding to do it for Asterios’ sake, Gary steeled himself to accept the king’s quest. “Yes your highness, I will do what I can,” he answered with a genuine smile. Gary was still unsure about what lay ahead, but he was confident that with his Pokemon at his side he could take on whatever was in store for them.

3. TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury New Member

Blog Posts:
    The battle shifted quickly as Ymir put a stop to the Sealeo's Rollout, stopping the blubbery beast's momentum proved to be a masterstroke. The young Amaura continued by pushing the offensive, striking with a pair of super effective blows which left the Sealeo on the brink of defeat. The crowd had gained a notable newcomer, a warrior dressed in heavy furs was watching closing from a nearby tavern. It was the type of interest he had been hoping to draw and he wasn't about to end this without showing how strong they really were. The Sealeo had fought well and deserved a swift ending, one that he knew Ymir would be happy to grant. The Amaura had access to a move with devastating power. They had been training in the valley when Jayson had first witnessed the odd move that Ymir had access to. A flaming meteor was sent soaring into the sky, bursting and raining down an explosive barrage. As far as Jayson knew, Draco Meteor was exclusive to Dragon Pokemon, Ymir being a Rock and Ice type shouldn't have had access to the destructive move. Regardless, the move was just what they needed to end this battle in a dramatic fashion.

"Great work Ymir!" Jayson shouted to the Amaura, "now let's finish this, Draco Meteor!" Jayson was certain that the move would catch all the onlookers by surprise, including the warrior who would most likely be there best chance of getting into a raid. As Ymir started to gather energy, Jayson could see the fear in the Sealeo's eyes, part of him felt bad for dragging the blubbery seal into a battle.

4. Astre

Astre In Cold Blood

Blog Posts:
    Alice Hope
    Coming to was the first step in your long journey, so you considered it to be a positive note of things to come. As you slowly stood next to your Miltank, you couldn’t help but take in the beautiful surroundings around you. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, sprouting in a beautiful array of pinks that appealed to every one of you senses. As you snapped a few pictures, you reached out to touch one it’s soft and delicate nature was noted in your brain as you gently pulled one off the branch and brushed it behind your ear.

The scenery was certainly gorgeous, but you couldn’t forget you had a job to do. You began to walk on confidently, to where? Well, that would probably sort itself out in time. You were sure something would pop up to aid in your quest to discover the root of this time fuelled anomaly. As you walked, you couldn’t help but hear something. It sounded like something scraping against ratted and old parchment, you looked through the trees, spotting a young-looking man. The man was running charcoal across a scroll he was holding, presumably painting the landscape around him. As you approached, he looked up from his work, suddenly realizing you were watching him with great intensity.

“Oh Arceus!” He called out, suddenly glancing at you and back at his scroll. “M-miss can you stay right there? You’d be the perfect addition to my latest masterpiece!” He was eyeing you, moving his hands as if to mimic perfectly capturing you in some kind of shot. Although you had places to be, you had to admit that his enthusiasm was catching. Besides, you were an idol after all.

What do you do?

Missingno. Master
    Remus chuckled, he seemed to be catching onto your enthusiasm.

“I like you boy. You have some real spunk, unlike Tatius there. He’ll drag our family name through the mud if he keeps this up, I’m sure the emperor would just love to see my child fail.” He shook his head, sighing deeply. “Perhaps you’ll have to be my new champion if you’re as good as you say you are. I’m sure Agramas would love to see you if you get through the qualifiers.” He put a hand on your shoulder, a toothy grin placed itself on his face.

“That is, if Gallus doesn’t tear you apart.” His words were ominous, causing the air in the room to suddenly feel heavy. With somewhat of a shove, he lead you outside into the colosseum once again. It would seem you were next. You watched as the same Gengar was standing over the fainted body of a Feraligatr, it’s body covered in various bruises and slashes. To say that the battles here were much rougher was an understatement. The man recalled his Feraligatr, with the same announcer gushing about how Gallus was the undefeated apprentice champion.

Gallus was all that stood beyond you and getting an audience with Darius Agramas, he cracked his knuckles as you approached. Allowing the announcer to introduce the two of you. He recalled his Gengar, waiting for you to decide your plan of battle.

“A new face approaches the great Scourge, Gallus! This unfamiliar face is Mr. Keith Masters! An unsung hero that Remus scooped up off the streets!” The entire crowd erupted with laughter, you turned, seeing Remus angrily gritting his teeth. “What will be Mr. Masters’ choice of Pokémon?

The crowd looks at you expectantly, waiting for you to summon your warrior. What do you do?

Balmund
    “Oh gosh I’m sorry! Sometimes I totally get ahead of myself when I get talking.” The girl laughed, she seemed to have an eternally cheerful disposition. She watched you as you rubbed your head, her eyes conveying concern as she watched you trying desperately to sort out all the confusing thoughts in your head. It wasn’t like you could explain everything to this poor shopkeeper, she would probably think you were insane if you claimed to be from some far-off future that she couldn’t even begin to comprehend. Upon hearing you offer to help clean up her stand she hurriedly shook her head.

“Oh no! Don’t worry about it! My Pokémon always assist me with that sort of thing. Besides, we need to make sure that bump on the head didn’t hurt you at all. You can come stay in my house for a bit! I can make the best tea in Heroth… or at least that’s what my mother always told me.” She smiled, extending an arm to help you walk. As you made your way back to the young woman’s home, she took the chance to introduce herself.

“Oh, Bellsprout? That’s a funny name. You don’t really remind me of one!” She giggled, looking at your face. “I’m Asim! My mom says it means protector or something… I’ve always wondered what I’m supposed to protect. Maybe those dumb cabbages I sell.” Once she got you through the door, she lead you to her living space. Allowing you to sit on a small carpet in a brilliantly decorated room. She walked to the kitchen and began preparing some tea. She poked her head out, looking at you.

“So, Bellsprout. Where exactly are you from? I’ve never seen those rags you’re wearing anywhere. Are you some sort of royalty?” She slowly stirred in some sort of sugar into the tea and brought you a cup, sitting across from you. The girl was wearing regular looking clothes, her stomach visible to help her survive the intense heat of this desert. She had an interesting looking tattoo around her belly button. She looked like a commoner, as did most people you passed on the way to her home.

How do you answer her? What do you do?

OkikuMew
    Following getting changed, the man returned to the room. Allowing you to sit down and sitting across from you once again, he eyed you curiously in the kimono. It seemed to fit you perfectly, yet it had probably been sitting in this temple for years. As you explained yourself, Junichi listened thoughtfully. His face conveyed no emotion beyond an expression of deep thought as you began to explain that you were from a different time, a different region all together. It was probably the most far-fetched sounding thing he had ever heard in your eyes, but you felt like his kindness allowed him to learn the truth. He had saved you from the sight of most other Nihans.

You explained that you needed to find a way back to your time, and that you knew that you did not belong here. Junichi gave an understanding nod, he adjusted himself in the seat across from you as you began to ask him a few more questions that had been clawing at you.

“My child, I believe you. I know that you have come here from far away. Not just spatially either, in a far-off plane of time that I can barely muster.” He looked off into the distance, seemingly looking through you. “I’ve been studying the anomaly for years. I may not look it, but in my younger years I was quite the thorn in the side of Niha.” He chuckled to himself. “Oh yes. I raided all sorts of temples in my prime, learned of legendary Pokémon and of an ancient rift that Dialga had left behind.” He glanced at you, “There’s of course a way for you to return, we may just have to return to that shrine.” He stroked his beard thoughtfully.

As you slowly continued to speak, he chuckled at your poor attempt at Japanese. “No need to worry, my child. I’m a scholar. I learned many languages in my travels. I’ve been everywhere you can imagine, and I know countless languages --- alive or dead.” You couldn’t help but notice that Junichi was extremely well versed in everything, it was amazing seeing someone so knowledgeable. Although he gave an explanation, you had to wonder how he came across some of this knowledge. You were quite sure Niha was wary of outsiders, but he would’ve had to find some means to learn other languages.

He shook his hand at your offer to help with things around the shrine. “Although I appreciate the offer, we should really look into getting you home. But not now. It is late, as the sun shuts it’s eyes. I’ll arrange a bed for you in the temple, as we do for many down on their luck Nihans.” He smiled, arranging a small bed out the cushions.

“I can however, tell you more about Megami. This shrine’s goddess. She’s the mother of all, a god of many faces who radiates kindness. She’s our most important and respected goddess, and this temple has served as her place of worship for generations. I’m only the latest caretaker in a long line of priests.” He smiled, his voice was gentle and kind. “Tomorrow we will hunt for the temple of the Dragon of Time. At least you won’t have to be here long.” With a simple smile, Junichi slowly walks towards the main building, leaving you to your own devices.

You can sleep until the morning, or you can explore the abandoned temple freely. What do you do?

Lit
    There was a coldness to your thoughts, not that that was anything new. Your mind was like the storm that raged around you. Always moving and filled with a sense of confusion and haze that never seemed to lift. The silence around you was golden, no sound except the roaring winds around you. You had come so close to death before, but you swore to yourself that this mountain would not have you suffering the same fate. You had to live, and you had to conquer this mountain. Your knife was clutched

The silence was broken by the sound of heavy footsteps in the snow outside, causing your Absol to start growling lowly. You shushed it gently, you were pleased it would go out of it’s way to protect you, but the element of surprise was far more important than anything else. You clutched the knife, ready to attack whatever was approaching you if it got too close to you.

As you sat in your hut, you heard the footsteps get closer and slowly begin to pass. You could hear what sounded like a herd of some sort of heavy Pokémon.

“Mamo!” A Pokemon’s cry rang out, seemingly calling to it’s herd. It sounded in pain, like they were running to escape something. “Pilo! Pilo!” Called some other members of the herd. You could hear what sounded like something running towards them, screaming obscenities.

“Get back here you stupid pigs!” A man’s voice rang out, his footsteps trudging loudly through the snow. You could hear the Mamoswine and Piloswine beginning to run again, as the man stopped outside the shack. “Stupid creatures! Making me work for my pay… I need those damn tusks.” He could hear his voice fading as he began walking away from the shack. As you sighed out in relief, you noticed another presence in your shack. Kadoc had begun to growl as he spotted a small brown blob with a pig nose.

“Swine… Swinub!” It cried out, tears pouring from it’s small closed eyes.

It seems like this little one has been separated from the herd, what should you do?

Maskerade
    The dread you felt in your heart was unmistakable. As you recited your prayer to the gods that had long since abandoned you, you felt an overwhelming sense of dread. Had the gods found something suitable to punish you? A divine demon made from the sheer force of their disdain for you? Or was it something more simple, like a mortal who preyed on the donations and kindness of others. Violence wasn’t uncommon in Niha, many crooks enjoyed stealing the coin and offerings that people would offer to Megami or the other gods. It was pitiful to see mortals stoop so low, and you had to wonder if the gods looked upon them with the same disdain as they did with you.

You pulled out a Pokeball, releasing a small Furret who gave a dutiful look as she burst forth from her ball. The Furret’s ears perked up almost immediately, sensing the same thing that was ailing you. She glanced at you, a look of concern on her face. You tutted softly, asking her to reveal whatever was spying on them with her mighty Foresight. The Furret turned, scanning her surroundings and sticking her body towards what you presumed to be the source of whatever was spying on you. The Furret jumped towards it, revealing a young-looking man in all black attire. His hair was black with a small red tuff on the top, his appearance was striking for what you were used to seeing in Niha. The boy was holding a knife that had fallen when Meiko had tackled him and was eyeing the Furret closely as she jumped back towards you.

“Uh… uh…” Was all the boy could say, slowly climbing back to his feet and getting ready to run. You were positive this man had wanted to mug you. How dare he prey on the elderly like that?

What do you do?

5. Meetan

Meetan Fizzytopian Idol

Blog Posts:

Perhaps it was an appropriate place for them to land, all things considered. Pink was very much Alice's aesthetic, and on top of that, cherry blossoms carried so much symbolism. Many believed that praying to or touching the blossoms would bring luck in love, others felt that they represented death and rebirth. Considering this mission could easily be her last, lost to the spring-winds of time, it all felt appropriate. If she were to be stuck here for the rest of her life, Alice could only hope to find a happy ending here. Would she be reborn to the future, even crossing paths with her own soul in the Fizzytopia to come?

--- Millie heard the sound before Alice did, tapping her human with a navy hoof and pointing in the direction of the scraping, tapping her lips as if to indicate quiet. The blonde nodded, trailing a few inches behind the Pokemon as they grew closer to investigate the noise, soon able to hear it as well. A scraping sound? That could've been anything, hopefully not malicious, though, but it reminded her of writing. Soon enough they came across a handsome young man. Alice could recognise Charcoal easily given that her Torchic, Blaze, liked to carry a piece around and the children in Bedlam Ridge had once gifted her fifteen pieces of it. Was it an artistic choice for him to be using that, or was this how far in time they had come? His clothes certainly suggested it might be the latter...

He noticed them as they awkwardly approached, and the way that the stranger startled made Alice jump as well. Red tinged her pale cheeks beneath light pink blush, blue eyes wide with a mixture of relief, surprise and intrigue. "Oh, wow... Sure. Millie, too?" She asked, the Miltank unsure if she should move away or not. Her little nose was twitching, trying to smell from a distance and catch if anything else was striking about their new acquaintance, but the Pokemon was otherwise still as well.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  6. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Keith couldn't help but smile as Remus seemed to take note of his enthusiasm. That Keith loved to battle was something of an understatement, and it was generally easy to tell just by looking at him when the promise of a good battle stood before him. Remus then, however, divulged some unexpected information- Tatius was his own son. A mild surprise, but before Keith had much time to reflect on it, Remus then voiced the grim possibility of Gallus tearing him apart, and it had the clearly intended effect of creating an ominous atmosphere. And it didn't exactly help that Keith was practically shoved into the colosseum. This, Keith supposed, was a not-so-subtle way of telling him he was up next.

But he was ready. As ready as he'd ever be. Even with Meowth shuddering slightly on his shoulder, Keith was staying calm, cool, collected. He had faith. In himself, and in his Pokémon. And there stood that same Gengar, standing over an unconscious Feraligatr. Gallus, it seemed, was that Gengar's Trainer, and according to the announcer, undefeated. That... did not bode well. Especially considering how rough the battles here seemed to be, and how big the Pokémon were.

Keith didn't react as the crowd laughed in response to his introduction. Did it bother him? Ehh, slightly. But he was used to it. He never was a popular kid back in Lavaridge Town, and got picked on more than a little. But right now, he knew he'd long left those days behind. He'd grown up into a formidable Pokémon Trainer, and he believed that the Pokémon he had with him could work with him to really change the crowd's opinion of him.

Gallus had withdrawn his Gengar. Clearly, his plan was to choose his Pokémon based on what Keith sent out. Would he send Gengar back out, or go with something fresh? Keith didn't know. He had no way of knowing. But even as he reflected on this, he easily plucked the Level Ball off his belt and enlarged it. These were some powerful Pokémon, and it was obvious that Pokémon fights of this era were relentless, so he needed to pick a real warrior. A Pokémon who was no stranger to intense battle conditions and big, powerful opponents. "Let's do this, Kyle!" Keith said, tossing the Level Ball in the air.

In a flash of light, the modified Red Apricorn split open, unleashing the Heatmor into the open. Kyle glanced around at his surroundings, then at Gallus, then back at Keith, who gave an encouraging nod.

"Battles here are gonna be... very tough, Kyle," Keith said, a significant tone to his voice as he said this. "I know I can count on you."

The meaning was not lost on Kyle, who nodded back to his Trainer. "Mor," he agreed. There was to be no holding back- the Heatmor would fight as if for his life- as if they were back in Mt. Aduro. He hated to be reminded of those days, but if the situation called for him to battle with everything he had, he wasn't about to let Keith down. They turned back to Gallus, waiting for him to choose his Pokémon. Whether it was Gengar or something else, once the battle was to begin, Keith was prepared to order Kyle to use Sucker Punch to start with, head off Gallus's choice's first attack in an effort to gain the upper hand early on. And from there... well, they'd have to wait and see. But they could think on their feet. Keith and Kyle were a good team, they were good at that.

7. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    A filthy little thief...

Hemlock wasn't a man of patience, despite his age. He'd never been "wise" or "sagely", not even in the peak of his alchemic prowess way back when. He was old, and a drunkard, and blunt as a mace. Seeing someone so young ready to fall out of favor with the gods for pocket change made his blood boil - even more so when he realized that the idiot couldn't even speak properly when push came to shove.

"You disrespectful little runt," he growled, while Meiko stared at her Trainer with apprehension. There was more to the strange man than met the eye, she could tell, but it had flown right over Hemlock's head. "I get it, I'm old as rocks, I'm an easy target! But in a temple?"

Disregarding the fact that the youngster had a knife - and forgetting that, while he could no longer die of old age, he could still very much be killed - the hermit stepped up to the assailant, determined to beat some respect into him. It wasn't that he was particularly strong, quite the opposite in fact - but the guilt he felt for his own past transgressions only made him madder that this kid, too, was ready to throw his blessings away just as he had.

Suddenly, he was forced to stop before he even reached the stammering fool. Meiko jumped in between them, waving her little arms to discourage Hemlock from doing something he'd regret. She had to get through to him - they had to try and understand this man first! She didn't know why, but they had to...

Confused by Meiko's unusual rebellious display after she had so dutifully identified the attacker, Hemlock finally gave the youngster a second and proper look. And that's when it clicked.

"You... who are you? Those clothes... They're not Nihan. Nobody in this timeline ever dressed like that," he said, befuddled. "And why? Why mug me, when I'm the one in rags and you're a rich kid in a fancy outfit? I couldn't even afford whatever it is you're wearing!"

It didn't add up. The knife, the all-black dress code and the shady behaviour were all alarming, but beneath all that... could there be more to this man and this whole scenario? For once, Hemlock felt grateful to be sober - in a drunken rage, he would never had stopped to consider any of this even with Meiko's interference, and that knife could well have ended up lodged between his ribs.

"Come on, spill it! What's your name, runt? And what do you want with me?!"

8. Balmund

Balmund Deadly

Blog Posts:
    "Hmm, royalty could be one way of putting it. I'm certainly not a commoner in origin." Bel started weaving her web of lies in response to the question. It's not like she could just blurt out the whole truth anyways - she'd be seen as a madwoman! Besides, lying came naturally to her, especially when inspired in half truths, and as long as she spoke with conviction, and said no more than she could keep track of, she shouldn't be caught choking in her own words.

Bel took a side to side glance, as if making sure none other was listening in, and then took a sip of tea. It had scalded her tongue, but she pretended no harm was done. "I'm gonna let you in on a secret, Asim. You see, I've been entrusted to complete a mission where I come from, and it's very confidential, so I can't say anything about where I'm from, who I serve, or even my real name! All I can say is that I need to find a group of nerds - err, sorry, wise men; sages expert in legends, especially those relating to time itself. Believe it or not, this knowledge could save lives, Asim (like mine's). Countless lives. We're on the verge of making a huge discovery!"

She paused, letting the "confession" sink in. "You seem like a very kind, energetic and generous lady. Won't you help me out? I can reward you for your efforts. Here's something in advance. How about I trade you my regal rags for some of your own? I'm sure you'll find its texture to be unlike anything you've ever seen. It really breathes! And this footwear makes you feel like you're walking on air. Priceless, if you ask me."

She could picture the headlines already. 'Confused historians find ancient entombed woman wearing 21st century clothing. Hadidas denies involvement.' What a joke.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  9. OkikuMew

OkikuMew Member

Blog Posts:
    Mélina exhaled briefly and softly as she heard Junichi believing her Farfetch’d story. True, her modern clothing and advanced technology could've been proof, but even then she thought it would be not convincing enough.

She then stayed quiet with her jaw slightly pulled down as the holy man answered her questions, in awe of his incredible knowledge and past, and having a hard time to grasp her luck on meeting with the very person she needed to see and help returning home. He told of his time before he became a priest (or perhaps when he was a bit of a rebellious one) and explored other temples and studied both the time-related shenanigans and legendary Pokémon.

“Yes, Dialga!” the Kalosian exclaimed with joy when he mentioned the name. “This is exactly the one I was talking about.”

He then explained on how he learned English, among many other languages, during his travels and studies. It was a fair explanation, but the woman couldn't help but wonder how exactly anyways, as she swore Niha was mostly closed off from the rest of the world for quite a long time. Perhaps she arrived sometime during or after that tiny tiny era when they were very slightly opened to some foreigners? It's the only possibility she could think of.

After he turned down her offer for help then interestingly informed her about the goddess of the temple he served and cared for, Junichi shared the plan he had in mind to return Mélina where she belong: search for the temple of the Dragon of Time tomorrow. She judged the name appropriate and even cool-sounding, but couldn't help but feel like it was one plucked straight out of a video game. Random thought aside, the old scholar then made her a bed out of the cushions, suggesting to have some rest before their little expedition.

“Thank you very much for your kindness, I owe you quite a bit,” Mélina bowed, but quickly raised her head as she overheard the priest heading to the door. “Erm, before you leave, I have a small request… would it be possible for me to visit inside the temple, before I sleep? I do understand I need some rest for tomorrow, but I am far from being sleepy at the moment.” Indeed, it may be night presently, but her body still have half of its daily energy, as it was around noon before she entered the time portal to here. There was definitely some jet… or gate lag, she figured. “I simply want to look at it while I can, before we leave tomorrow. It is not everyday you end up in a different time,“ she chuckled. “And...” she paused, thinking how to formulate it, “if you don’t mind, I would like to take pictures of the temple, too. I am no artist, but I have a little machine from my time that can make and keep life-like images. They will not compare with my memories of course, but even little reminders would mean a lot to me.”

As Mélina waited for Junichi’s answer, feeling a little bit paranoid about leaving her backpack behind. Perhaps if she did get permission to visit the shrine of Megami, she should ask for the assistance of Catalina, her Minior, to carry it for her to not mess with her kimono.

10. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    TheKnightsFury

The battle is almost over, The Sealeo looks ragged and Ymir, while better off, isn't too far off. You can tell that this blow will likely be the deciding one. You also know it has to be a flashy one. Quickly thinking through Ymir's moves you decide on another rare one, even in your home time. While an untrained eye might mistake your dinosaur's form as a dragon's but he is most decidedly not a dragon type. Which makes him pulling off this next move all the more impressive. He gathers a prupleish ball of flame into his mouth before shooting it off into the sky. Not knowing what is incoming the Sealeo takes advantage of the "opening" and launches a last-ditch Aurora Beam at your pokemon, striking him square in the chest, causing the former fossil to cringe somewhat but stay standing. There is then a reflection in the Sealeo's eye as the first meteor comes crashing into it. The first explosion leaves a cloud of smoke but more meteors from the sky go soaring into it before there is a splash. The battle goes quiet and when the smoke clears the Sealeo is floating belly up unconscious in the water just off the docks.

**Ymir has gained 3 levels**

The young kid that was watching with his mother lets out a "Woo!" as the spectators seem impressed and go back to their day. However, the warrior straightens up and heads towards you. "Hey," He says in a gruff deep voice. "Tha' was decent fightin'. Lemme buy you a drink." The mountain of a man gestures with his head back towards the tavern.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  11. TheKnightsFury

Blog Posts:
    The sky fell down upon the Sealeo, dealing a final devastating blow that left it floating unconscious in the icy cold water. Hopefully a Beartic didn't decide to take advantage of the free meal, Jayson would certainly feel guilty if this innocent Pokemon was killed because he decided to drag it into a battle. Ymir shrugged off the middling blows he had taken during a conflict, letting out victorious growls as he galloped towards Jayson and Sigurd. While the excited child brought a smile to Jayson's face, the acknowledgement from the towering warrior was what he truly sort. The man had offered to share a drink with him, a typical custom in this region that Jayson knew was the first step towards developing a partnership. Ymir had fought well and would hopefully get another taste of combat soon, but the oversized Amaura was far too big to fit inside the tavern without causing issues. Jayson recalled the Ice type into its Pokeball and replaced it on his belt.

As he strode towards the tavern, Sigurd trailed behind him, offering some suggestions before they entered the establishment. "We must proceed with caution Jayson", the Gallade communicated via their telepathic link. "While there is every chance that this stranger has good intentions, we're in a strange environment where people may have different motives. We must keep our cards to our chests and our wits about us, we can't afford a lapse."

Sigurd wasn't wrong, they knew nothing of this stranger and for all they knew he could intend to screw them over. They had to be cautious, this was a wild and dangerous place. Jayson entered the tavern in pursuit of the stranger, the smell of mead tickling his nostrils as he entered.

12. Astre

Astre In Cold Blood

Blog Posts:
    Isaac couldn't help but feel uncomfortable within Cal's gaze. It was seething with a sense of pride, pride at seeing him squirm so willingly at not knowing who he was. That gaze was piercing, and his speech felt practiced --- saying the right things to make Isaac feel uncomfortable. He stood firm, matching Cal's gaze with one of his own. He knew his eyes were probably scared, large green orbs that reflected Isaac's entire being on the surface. His mom had always told him that, it was an unfortunate side effect of having such an open heart. He wanted to laugh at her now. What would she see now if she looked into his eyes? His years of abusing drugs? The fact he would sell his body for any old needle. He was pathetic. Nothing like the bright eyed boy his mother had once known. Two years clean was nothing compared to the disgusting things he had put himself through in the years prior.

Hearing Cal speak he initally raised an eyebrow, but then realized that he could vaguely remember this. Through the drug filled haze he remembered someone helping, Cal was certainly sincere... although the years were a little skewed. This was no big deal, he presumed Cal had turned to the same pain numbing substances that he had. Maybe this had affected his cognition of the years passing. It was a little sad to consider just how much these things can make you forget... or mess up.

He sighed, watching as Cal leaned down to pet Ahri. She leaned up to his hand curiously, trying to get a good smell of it. He released his own Pokemon, a nimble looking Vulpix who seemed extremely wary of Isaac. Not that he blamed the creature, it was probably confused as to why they were in such a place. Isaac watched Cal carefully, listening as he spoke of following some sort of legend and asking Isaac if he wanted to join.

"Uh, alright." He looked down at Ahri. "We're kind of just... here." He began thinking about everything, he wasn't just in a Kanjohto garden... he was in the past. "Hey Cal, how did you get here? Aren't we deep in the past?" He looked back at Ahri who nodded. "Ahri and I had to go through some crazy wormhole, did you do the same?" Isaac walked up slowly, coming to stand closer to Cal. He was willing to help but he would need Cal to lead. "Sorry to ask so many questions. We can head out whenever." He sighed deeply, instead of unraveling the mystery of Cal he was only entangling himself more and more.

13. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    TheKnightsFury

As you glance to your fallen opponent the cold of the water, while not a problem or the blubbery native pokemon, still seemed to be enough of a shock to reawaken the Sealeo. With a last annoyed glance, it swims off, easing your mind somewhat. You turn to find the warrior has headed before you into the tavern and quickly decide Ymir would be too big for the building and recall him to his Pokeball. With a quick warning from your faithful companion Gallade, you enter into the tavern. You see the warrior looking from the bar with a woman easily as large as he is, if not bigger, washing a mug. Without a word as he sees you entered he puts up two fingers to the barkeep (assumedly the Helga whose name is on the sign) who nods and expertly presents two mugs. You take a stool next to the warrior and he gives a grin, showing off an obvious gap in his teeth. "The name's Seebor, and I feel like I could use your help if you are interested." He says jabbing a thumb into his own chest at his name. "That battle out there was pretty decent, especially with that dragon move you pulled out there at the end, decent enough for me to invite you onto The Skall if you are lookin' for a job." He scratches his beard. "I dunno if ya heard any rumors but there's trouble out to sea. A massive storm supposedly caused by a pokemon. 'N we gotta drive it away before it makes landfall. Even worse it's riled up a tonna other pokemon too so the smaller ships'll have to go ahead and clear the way." He takes his mug and downs it as if it were a shot. "But with skills like that and that impressive lookin' Gallade ya got there I think we could use your help on the main ship. Whaddaya say, up for a raid? Ya can catch any of the riled up pokemon you find and the town gathered up pay for everyone who makes it back too." He offers his hand out to you for a shake if you accept.

14. TheKnightsFury

Blog Posts:
    There was plenty of people in the tavern but only two caught Jayson's eye. The man he had pursued and a rather large woman. Jayson counted himself lucky that Valka wasn't that large, otherwise he'd probably have a collection of broken bones.... The viking, who introduced himself as Seebor, ordered a drink for Jayson and himself, before providing the traveller an insight into the current situation. It seemed a violent storm had been generated by some sort of Pokemon. Jayson was unsure of what Pokemon could be capable of such a feat, although he did know of a few Pokemon related to storms. Their were numerous legendary Pokemon associated with storms, Lugia, Kyogre and Thundurus among them. A powerful Water, Dragon, Flying or Ice type could also be a possibility, but they would have to be incredibly powerful. Jayson licked his lips at the thought of encountering such a challenge, surely it would be a battle to remember. With tonnes of other Pokemon getting stirred up as well, it would likely be a great opportunity for Jayson to catch some more Pokemon for his team plus some extra money wouldn't hurt.

"What do you think Sigurd?" Jayson valued the Gallade's opinion and wasn't about to accept the offer without first hearing his partner's thoughts.

"I feel the same as you, this isn't an opportunity we can afford to miss, bring on the storm." Jayson could sense the excitement in the Psychic type's mind, he knew Sigurd would be just as eager as he was.

"You have my Pokemon and myself at your disposal Seebor", Jayson stretched out a hand to seal the agreement. "How soon before we set sail? Should we make our way to the Skall or is there other business for us to attend to?" Jayson was eager to get back out to sea, his mind was consumed with thoughts of conflict.

15. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    TheKnightsFury

You consider the Viking Seebor's story of the stormy pokemon, considering several legendary pokemon as possible contenders for the cause of the storm, or possibly some other strong pokemon. Regardless the thought of the ensuing battle with such a beast excites you and your psychic companion pretty obviously. You both confirm what the other is thinking and agree to join Seebor.

"Excellent!" The large man claps you heartily on the shoulder with his grin only seeming to grow. "As for when we are leaving..." He pokes his head out the window to look up at where the sun is through the overcast skies. "Hmm, we best head there pretty soon. We're supposed to headout at sundown. Even rampaging pokemon have to sleep so our best bet is to travel at night and post up during the day." He hands a few small chunks of what look like silver to Helga and heads off toward the door. You and your Gallade follow and make your way over to the deeper part of the docks to the pride of the local navy. The Skall, even for the navally disinclined, is obviously a great ship. It has men as large as Seebor all over throwing ropes to each other and loading different supplies onto the ship with a wooden Charizard head carved as the figurehead. "There she is, the Jarl's pride and joy." Seebor says as you walk onto the ship. You are met by another Viking with a lot of beads in his beard and a patch over his left eye.

"Who's this then Seebor?" The man equally as imposing as your new acquaintance asks. "Ey, Owen this is Jayson, he showed us an impressive fight outside Helga's. Jayson, this is Owen. The Jarl appointed him to lead us to take out this storm caller." Owen eyes you over and then similarly takes in Sigurd. "Well, you could use a little meat on your bones but if Seebor vouches for ya I suppose you gotta be alright." He says. "Alright all!!" He calls out to the crew. "We are shovin' off!" The crew all assembles to the seats next to the many oars. A few call on some pokemon to assist, with more than one Machoke placing their hands on the oars, but you see an equal amount of buff humans alongside them. Owen turns back to you and Seebor. "You know the drill, you bring 'em on, you teach 'em." and heads for the hel of the ship. Seebor takes a place at the oars. "Everyone contributes, whether themselves or having their pokemon help out,your choice but make sure you can keep up." What will you do?

16. TheKnightsFury

Blog Posts:
    Seebor had given him the reply he hoped for, they were to head out immediately. Apparently it was best for them to sail at night, when the raging Pokemon would hopefully be resting. Come the morning though there would be plenty of action, maybe even enough to sate Jayson and Sigurd's desires. They were lead aboard the Skall, a Charizard was the figurehead of the vessel, Jayson knew Balerion would have liked that. They were met by yet another hulking viking, this one was the Yarl in charge of the ship, Owen. He quickly welcomes Jayson before setting the men to task. Many rushed off to do their specialised jobs, while Seebor indicated that they would be required to row. Excellent, nothing like a good row to get the blood flowing and the muscles working. Some of the other raiders call on Pokemon to assist them, most of which are Machoke, Pokemon well suited to the task.

"I can do better than Machoke", Jayson grinned as he retrieved a ball from his belt. As he raised the ball skyward, the clouds seemed to respond with dancing bolts and the clap of thunder. "Come and led us a hand Thor!" Jayson threw the ball and it burst open, the bulky Electivire appeared on the deck with a flash. Jayson hoped that the aid of a Pokemon named after the God of Thunder would be a good omen for them. "Thor, Sigurd, led us a hand and let's show our new friends just how strong we are!" Jayson sat down and grabbed the oar, Thor and Sigurd took a place either side of him. "Be sure to keep in sync with everyone else, rhythm is just as important as strength here."

17. Liltwick

Liltwick Potato of Light

Blog Posts:

The sound of thunderous footsteps filled the air. Grunts and noises could be heard from outside the shack, loud and deafening. A herd of Swinub, Piloswine, and Mamoswine was passing by, and a native behind them. At least, Austin assumed the man was a native based on his accent. A poacher, it seems, trying to get the ivory from the tusks of the mammoth sized pigs that passed by this small, secluded alcove. He was ready to go in for the kill, if he had to, but the man took no noticed of the hut. With a sigh of relief, Austin thought about the Pokemon that ran past this small place.

Mamoswine were a rarity in the modern day, but here they seemed to be abundant. Funny how human greed is the main cause of destruction. Then again, he too was greedy. Instead of tusks, he was hunting down memories. easier said than done, of course. Yet, even if he didn't condone the poachers actions, he could relate to them. Doing a task in order to live, no matter how menial or arduous it was. That was how life was, and how it always will be. He had no time for luxury... No time at all. He was a husk, a persona created by the boy sealed inside of him. He knew that. The more he thought about that prophecy back in that maddened castle... The more he realized what was sealed away would require a price...

Yet, his Absol's growling had the trainer return from his own thoughts. Before him was a startled, crying Swinub. Obviously staying from the herd, probably tired out from being chased. It was young... It was easy. No. Kill out of necessity. The gift of life was precious... It wasn't his to take on his own free will. He realized that the hard way. His Father God was benevolent... Sacrifice those who cannot be saved, because even in death his Father accepted all. There was no point in killing this Swinub.

"Alright." He put the knife pack in its sheath and motioned to Kadoc to calm down. He then spoke at the Swinub. "I know how tough it is to lose your family. Let's take you back... Kadoc, you're our best tracker. Lead the way boy!"

18. Astre

Astre In Cold Blood

Blog Posts:
    Alice Hope
    The young man smiled politely, his black hair had fallen into his face and was obscuring his vision. He gently pushed it out of the way and smeared a line of black on his forehead, his features were certainly attractive. His adorably rounded face and young-looking appearance made your heart flutter slightly, and he was certainly talented to boot. You could feel your face brimming crimson, only able to blurt out if he also wanted Millie in the drawing. He eyed the pink cow curiously, before smiling and producing a tiny piece of Mochi from his pack.

“Of course! Oh, no need to worry about the food either. It’s Pokemon safe.” He smiled once again, seemingly oblivious about the things he was making your heart do. Millie smiled as she happily accepted the piece of Mochi from the man. He was about to resume painting when he realized he had forgotten something somewhat crucial, he turned, a worried expression on his face. “Ah! Forgive me, I get so involved in my drawing that I forget my manners.” He rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment, standing from his kneeling position and giving a small bow. “I’m Kaito.” He said with warmth, his voice was like a nice cold milkshake on a hot day. So refreshing and smooth. “What’s your name miss?” He asked, extending a blackened hand to greet you.

“I love coming here when the trees finally blossom, they’re always so beautiful.” He smiled, looking you up and down once again. “I love to draw and paint them, capturing they’re beauty for generations.” He gave a warm smile again as he continued, “Although, I think this year’s portrait will be so much better with you in it.”

This man certainly had charm, you had to give him that. As you blushed further you could feel your heart pounding in your chest. He returned to his canvas and studied you and Millie, beginning to draw once again. After a while, Kaito made a small hand gesture before turning the canvas to you.

“Well… what do you think?” He asked. The drawing was striking, showing you standing against a backdrop of cherry blossom trees, an umbrella strung over your shoulder as you looked back at the audience of the drawing. Millie was visible in the drawing as well, a few feet away from the focus of the drawing. She was holding a blossom in her hoof. “My sensei says I need more practice. But I really hope I can be a world class artist one day, revered across Niha and the rest of the world.” He smiled as he slowly rolled up the scroll, putting it in a satchel that was slung over his shoulder.

“I’m very sorry for keeping you, I’ll let you get back to seeing Niha!” He smiled, beginning to walk away from you.

Although you just met him, you feel attached to Kaito. You can continue your mission or follow Kaito. What do you do?

Missingno. Master
    (I want to quickly apologize to you because I’m having the most trouble with your adventure so it’s probably not as polished as the other updates here. I’m very sorry.)

Gallus smirks seeing your enthusiasm, he’s never seen someone with such prowess. He chucks a Pokeball, revealing an Electivire. It bashed its fists together, ready for a fight. The announcer chimed in again, calling out the Pokemon each competitor had chosen. Gallus eyed your Heatmor closely, seemingly trying to guess what move you would throw out. He most certainly looked like a seasoned fighter, he had probably seen all sorts of Pokemon and all sorts of fighting styles.

“And, commence!” A loud horn signalled the start of the battle, which headed off with Kyle charging forward with a vicious sucker punch to the stomach of Electivire. It let out a loud groan, punching it’s two fists together once again as they sparked with electricity. It let out a battle cry, watching Kyle intently. It Screeched at Kyle, causing the Heatmor to shudder and feel it’s defense deplete. Gallus watched once again, he gave his Electivire a wordless nod. It punched the floor, electrifying the terrain around it and causing it to power up all of it’s moves.

Gallus’ seasoned battling skills were shining through, you could understand why he had become a local champion. He smirked at you, shouting over the battling Pokemon.

“Scared Masters?” His voice seeped with overconfidence, you swore this man had never lost a battle with that amount of cockiness. “Remus’s “champions” can never compete with me. I doubt an outsider can best purebred Romman blood.”

Both Pokemon still look able bodied, but the powering up that Gallus’ Electivire had done will certainly make it a formidable foe. What do you do?

Maskerade
    “Uh, uh!” The boy spoke again, cowering slightly as you shouted at him. It seemed as though he was too afraid to speak to you as you grilled into him. His blue eyes darted around as peered around fearfully, terrified of your rage. “Uh! Ra!” He called out, tears forming in his eyes. “Ra! Ra!” He called out again, causing you to look at him shocked. What was wrong with this boy? Why was he not actually speaking to you, and he looked completely terrified while doing it.

“Aw give it up!” Called a voice. You and Meiko turned, seeing a Nihan couple approaching the shrine hand in hand. “Beat it you stupid Kitsune!” Called the man, brandishing a fist at the scared boy. The boy’s eyes widened, before growing angry. He spat at the man, before glowing with an odd coloured light. You watched as the boy changed right in front of you, into a small black fox.

“Zorua!” It yelped out, running from the shrine. The man and woman rushed towards you, clear concern on their faces. The woman looked at you and Meiko, her face slowly filling with relief as she saw you were unharmed. The man began to speak up, looking at your tattered rags.

“Are you alright?” He asked, looking down at Meiko as well. “I’ve never seen you around before, I bet that was terrifying for you.” There was a look of pity on his face. “That’s the kitsune, it choses a form and preys on those who come here to pray.” He shook his head. “It’s completely deplorable. I don’t know where it could have learned to do that. It’s stolen food from so many terrified travelers.” He tutted slightly, looking off in the direction it had ran. “I wish someone would do something about it.”

It seems that Nihan places of worship are being haunted by this Zorua, stealing offerings that are meant for gods. What should you do?

Balmund
    “Oh my Arceus.” Asim murmured, looking down as she attempted to process what you had just told her. “Are nerds an ancient race that will fill you with the wisdom of the ancients?” Her eyes widened, suddenly realizing something. “Saving lives? That’s amazing Bellsprout! I can’t believe you’d share something like this with me.” She took a sup of her tea, her shock evident. As she listened to the rest of your explanation and your offering of clothing, her eyes lit up in wonder.

“Really?! I’d be the pride of Heroth! That would be fantastic!” She quickly stood up, setting her tea down with a somewhat loud sound of clatter as it settled in it’s dish. She walked quickly to another room before coming back, placing an outfit next to you. A pair of tie up sandals were placed on top, a complete outfit for you to wear during your stay in Egya. “You call me generous, but yours knows no bounds Bellsprout! You’re saving lives and allowing people to wear your royal garments. You really are an interesting one.” She giggled, a smile forming on her face. She sat back down, leaning towards you to ensure your conversation reminded private.

“So, what will you do now? How do you find these nerd people?” She seemed highly interested in your tale, but she quickly changed her tone. “Oh! I’m sorry, I should really let you get changed so you can go find the nerds! I shouldn’t be keeping you from them.” She gestured towards another part of the building, presumably a bedroom for you to head into a change.

What do you do?

OkikuMew
    Junichi raised an eyebrow, but he nodded slightly and stroked his chin thoughtfully.

“I’m sure exploring would be fine, just don’t destroy or steal anything. I may be old, but I do know how to deal with troublemakers.” He chuckled slightly, adjusting himself on his cane as he eyed you. “Pictures? I’m not familiar with that term, but if it’s like painting I’m sure it will be alright. Many paintings exist of the temple already.” He smiled, bowing to you as he began to leave once again.

With Junichi’s approval, you were able to explore. You wanted your backpack desperately before you left for the shrine though, as you felt like you were missing a key part of yourself. You wanted to ask for the assistance of your Minior in carrying it --- it would be wrong to mess up the beautiful and delicate kimono that Junichi had given to you. As you recruited your Pokemon, you made your way to the shrine. It was beautifully constructed, a sense of whimsy around all aspects of itself.

It was breathtaking, to say the least. You never believed that you would be standing here, in the past of Kanjohto in one of their beautiful temples. You were ready to take some pictures, capture this moment in your memory for the rest of your life. You’d love to live in a place like this, ornate and beautiful. A glimmer of heritage and tradition. You approached an offering box to Megami, a light wooden box with a statue above it. You were wondering if you should make an offering and pray. Was it alright to do that? Or would this alter something in the past?

What do you do?

Lit
    The Swinub’s eyes slowly dried as it realized you were kind. It sniffled loudly as Kadoc looked at it, afraid of the snow-white cloak of the disaster Pokemon. It seemed to be afraid of it, not that you were surprised. Kadoc was quite intimidating, especially to such a small Pokemon. As you commanded the Absol to lead, it gave a dutiful nod, wandering out of the shelter and sniffing the ground where the footprints of the gigantic mammoth Pokemon had trudged through. Kadoc gestured towards the North, higher up the mountain.

The Swinub seemed determined, it was ready to rejoin it’s herd. Ready to find it’s family and possibly save them from the terror that was the poacher, ready to confront this scourge on it’s home territory and stomp it out. As you exited your shelter, the bellowing cold winds hit your face immediately. Cold, desperate clawing cold that was bent on shattering you, making you beg for mercy as it whipped your face. You shivered slightly, wondering how on Earth that poacher had made it so far in such merciless weather.

As you followed Kadoc, the landscapes blurred into one. Everything looked the same coated in this thick blanket of white, even Kadoc blended and blurred into the scenery. It felt like everything was twisting around you, blurring into a maze of whiteness. It was like your past, messy, hazy, and confusing. This entire time period was the same, you knew where you were… but when were you? What had made you so desperately want to climb this terrifying mountain? Would you even find the answers you were seeking here.

You were roused from your thoughts by Kadoc growling again, he was looking upwards at… something. Upon your eyes looking up, you could see a thin figure wearing the fur of an Ursaring. It was short, presumably a young human, and was blocking your path.

What do you do?

19. OkikuMew

OkikuMew Member

Blog Posts:
    After the priest gave his blessing to visit and take pictures of the shrine, Mélina grinned and nodded politely. “Thank you very much, Junichi. Rest assured that I won’t take or damage anything.”

When the priest left, the woman pulled out both her phone and her sparkling galaxy blue Pokéball, turning on the former and throwing the latter on the floor. One revealed a familiar blue and pink face wiggling in a taunting fashion, while the other showed a star-shaped floating rock joyfully spinning in place.

“‘Eeeeeeeeey, back on the phone so soon?” the text-to-speech voice resonated through the speakers. “Didn’t you say you wanted to keep as much battery power as possible?”

“Weren’t you supposed to stay in your Pokéball to save said battery power?” Mélina sighed. “Anyways, you know it’s still at a reasonable level, and I brought my charger battery in case, as always. We should be good for a while.”

“Fair enough. So, where are you now?” the Porygon then launched the camera app to see a bit of the surroundings, but noticed its trainer’s new appearance. “Whoa, how did you get that sweet getup?”

“Oh, long story short, went to the temple, got caught by the priest, but he’s a pretty cool dude and letting me wear these. Since I’ve been seen anyways and someone like him would likely know stuff, I told him all that happened.”

“So much going around 'without being seen’.”

Its trainer gave a deep, unappreciative growl. “Look, we still needed help to get outta here. And come to find out that the priest was the best person to ask: he’s letting me stay at his shrine to sleep, and tomorrow he’ll be leading me to what sounds like a temple of Dialga. Pretty high chance that’s where we’ll find a way home.”

“Ah, wow, that’s really lucky. But why the phone and Catalina here and now?”

As its name was uttered, the Minior let out a few sparkling sounds to make its presence more known.

“Well the sun is down but I’m not feeling sleepy yet, so I thought on checking out the shrine before I go to bed. Got permission and everything. I definitely want to take some pictures of the place, hence the phone. I don’t want to leave the backpack behind though, I’m afraid it could get stolen… but I don’t want it to rip my clothes either, so I’m gonna have Catalina tow it.”

“Nice. I probably should stay quiet and get back to my ball then, holy place and all, and at night to boot.” Mélina nodded approvingly. “Alright, have fun!”

After the Virtual Pokémon return to its Pokéball (again), the woman finally paid attention to her living meteor, patting on the side of its top point. “Sorry about that Cat, I didn’t think Glitch would be in there again. Now, how ‘bout I put the bag on your back?”

With the backpack now firmly strapped on the oversized Minior, they traveled the short distance into the main building of the shrine. Despite the dusk, the moonlight and the candles still burning lit well the majesty of the sanctuary. Both Mélina and Catalina were speechless. It almost felt like a sin to breathe the air within it, yet alone take pictures that will never do it justice and capture its true beauty. It had an atmosphere that would calm any soul, ornaments that are both simple and intricate, oozing with tradition and spirit. Mélina was usually one to prioritize practicality over style, but… there’s just something about the ancestral Nihan design that made her feel like she was right at home, in peace. If only she could actually find and have a home that was like this...

As she reached the far end of the shrine, the woman and her Pokémon watched the statue of Megami towering above them. After taking a tasteful picture of it, Catalina jingled a little, wanting to point out the box of offerings at the feet of sculpture. The trainer hummed quietly, in thought. Should she make an offering, and perhaps give a small prayer? The Kalosian wasn’t sure about the right way to do it, for starters. Proper offerings, what to do… The fact that leaving an offering could change the course of time crossed her mind, but at this point, she figured that her mere presence already did that, and no matter what she did afterwards, even doing nothing, would do the same; so why shouldn’t she relax and live a little? She also thought she still owe Junichi for his kindness, so although she cannot offer helping him back, giving an offering and prayer to his goddess would be the least she could do. Besides, no matter of her beliefs (or her lack thereof) it was also the right thing to do, while visiting and staying here. Hopefully the goddess was just as open-minded and friendly as her messenger… and also understood English.

“Try and not move Catalina,” she whispered as she approached from behind, “I’m just gonna grab a few things...” she then dug through the many pockets of her backpack, trying to find some things that would be worthy as offerings. Any piece of technology was out of the way, as it wasn’t appropriate for either within this era, but as an offering as a whole. Money couldn’t work too, as they obviously don’t use the same currency as she has. She then noticed how there was plenty of Occa Berries, which she was pretty sure she wouldn’t use all them. So she grabbed five out of the eleven berries, took a deep breath, and crammed her brain for a moment to try and remember how to do a Nihan prayer.

After staring at the statue of Megami for a bit, Mélina bowed deeply towards it, then while she slowly lowered herself down, she carefully dropped the berries into the box. She lay her knees on the floor (despite finding the position painful for her), and clapped her hands twice.

“Megami, I hope this offering and prayer are to your liking,” she thought, mentally pushing them towards the figure. “I wish that my travels are safe, and that one day I’ll find my home and my path in life. But more importantly, keep taking good care of your land, with its people and Pokémon. I know for a fact that they are all prospering in the future, even if they have changed a lot and probably lost a lot of the traditions; so I think you’re doing a good job, so uhh… keep at it?”

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  20. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Blog Posts:
    (Don't sweat it. :) I'm enjoying the adventure so far, and this is a perfectly good update IMO.)

Gallus threw his Poké Ball- a different one from before! Sure enough, it wasn't Gengar who appeared before them, but rather a formidable Electivire. Keith gave a small grin at this. For sure Electivire wasn't going to be an easy opponent, but the fact that this was their opponent as opposed to a Ghost/Poison-type left Keith and Kyle with several more options than they'd have had otherwise.

And with that, the battle began! "Kyle, Sucker Punch!" Keith commanded.

"Mor!" Kyle exclaimed, charging forward and landing a sudden blow that dealt definite damage. The Electivire responded with a few tricky moves- a Screech to lower Kyle's Defense, and then an electrified punch to the ground, electrifying the entire battlefield. "Electric Terrain," Keith murmured. He was familiar with the various terrain moves, or at least some of them- he had a number of Grass-types with Grassy Terrain, and his Musharna knew Psychic Terrain. This was his first experience with Electric Terrain, but he knew the essentials- Electric moves were stronger (on both sides, but this was hardly relevant- Keith was willing to bet anything that Gallus's Electivire was packing Motor Drive anyway), and sleep was not an option.

Gallus smirked at Keith, shouting tauntingly at him over the battling, brimming with confidence. Perhaps too much so, but on the other hand,considering he was thus far undefeated, just how much of this confidence was of the over variety, and how much of it was perfectly warranted?

Nevertheless, Keith smirked back. Gallus talked a good game, and could very well deliver on that, but Keith and Kyle were no slouches themselves. "Scared? You wish," Keith called back. "We'll see who's doubting who when all is said and done." As he spoke, Keith's mind raced, considering his options. The Electric Terrain- Electivire could very obviously use this to its advantage. Kyle couldn't do crap with it. But then, Keith realized, two could play at this game. And the Defense drop from Screech hurt, for sure, but they could make up for that, couldn't they? And then cut down on Electivire's Defense as well. With this in mind, Keith knew what to do. "Let's do it, Kyle!" he stated. "Sunny Day, Will-O-Wisp, Fire Lash! Go!"