• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Dialga's Gate: The Time Rift Zone

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKnightsFury

With the battle plan discussed among the trainers, it is time to give the orders to your pokemon themselves. You send Argo the Lapras, fully rested from the night's sleep, and Atalanta your Decidueye to head with Seebor towards the front of the boat to assist in pulling the boat and to provide cover for those doing the former. Seebor nods to you, "I'll watch their backs. no worries mate." As they head off you call out you shiny Charizard once more to fly alongside Gendra and her scouts, this time with Sigurd mounting the Charizard, only know breaking the meditation he had started on your commands to take to the skies with the smaller woman. Gendra nods to you as well and takes off in formation with Balerion and Sigurd. You remain with Thor and Owen on the deck of the Skall as you watch him shout orders to the crew and see many of the machoke take their places at the oars. You feel the boat jolt a little under your feet as you begin to pick up speed with the Machoke beginning to row. "Ok all! We are gonna hit the swarm soon! Be ready to attack and make sure to brace yourselves for the turn!" Owen barks out. You look over the edge and see the swarm of water pokemon just ahead and you blink once and suddenly the battle has met. You call to Thor who nods back and thrusts his fists into the deck of the ship turning the entire surface into an Electric terrain, keeping everyone wide awake and making any electric moves stronger. With the battle broken you watch as many of the Vikings near the front of the boat send out their water pokemon under the watch of your grass pokemon who is already taking shots at the larger pokemon heading towards the front of the boat. You see many common water pokemon alongside Argo including the grumpiest looking Feraligatr you have ever seen, but the biggest surprise is the Wailord that is ready to pull. Owen grins at you like a proud parent at the playground. "That one's my Tragin." They seem to be ready and in position. The aerial squadron somewhat clears a path, lead by Gendra's Talonflame, Sigurd, and Balerion. Unfortunately, as they do some of the displaced pokemon make it to the boat itself and several wild Chinchou land on the deck of the boat. Owen reacts before you even can and calls on a Chesnaught which Wood Hammers the pokemon back into the water. But as this happens you notice the hairs on your arm stand on end. Your stomach drops and you shout out a warning as lightning from the storm above strikes the main mast of the Skall. It seems the wild electric pokemon coupled with yours and the electric terrain attracted the electricity from the storm and struck the boat. The mast itself seems luckily intact but a fire has started in spite of the storm and is spreading towards the sail. This will have to be dealt with if you want to make it back to shore. What will you do?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKnightsFury

With the battle plan discussed among the trainers, it is time to give the orders to your pokemon themselves. You send Argo the Lapras, fully rested from the night's sleep, and Atalanta your Decidueye to head with Seebor towards the front of the boat to assist in pulling the boat and to provide cover for those doing the former. Seebor nods to you, "I'll watch their backs. no worries mate." As they head off you call out you shiny Charizard once more to fly alongside Gendra and her scouts, this time with Sigurd mounting the Charizard, only know breaking the meditation he had started on your commands to take to the skies with the smaller woman. Gendra nods to you as well and takes off in formation with Balerion and Sigurd. You remain with Thor and Owen on the deck of the Skall as you watch him shout orders to the crew and see many of the machoke take their places at the oars. You feel the boat jolt a little under your feet as you begin to pick up speed with the Machoke beginning to row. "Ok all! We are gonna hit the swarm soon! Be ready to attack and make sure to brace yourselves for the turn!" Owen barks out. You look over the edge and see the swarm of water pokemon just ahead and you blink once and suddenly the battle has met. You call to Thor who nods back and thrusts his fists into the deck of the ship turning the entire surface into an Electric terrain, keeping everyone wide awake and making any electric moves stronger. With the battle broken you watch as many of the Vikings near the front of the boat send out their water pokemon under the watch of your grass pokemon who is already taking shots at the larger pokemon heading towards the front of the boat. You see many common water pokemon alongside Argo including the grumpiest looking Feraligatr you have ever seen, but the biggest surprise is the Wailord that is ready to pull. Owen grins at you like a proud parent at the playground. "That one's my Tragin." They seem to be ready and in position. The aerial squadron somewhat clears a path, lead by Gendra's Talonflame, Sigurd, and Balerion. Unfortunately, as they do some of the displaced pokemon make it to the boat itself and several wild Chinchou land on the deck of the boat. Owen reacts before you even can and calls on a Chesnaught which Wood Hammers the pokemon back into the water. But as this happens you notice the hairs on your arm stand on end. Your stomach drops and you shout out a warning as lightning from the storm above strikes the main mast of the Skall. It seems the wild electric pokemon coupled with yours and the electric terrain attracted the electricity from the storm and struck the boat. The mast itself seems luckily intact but a fire has started in spite of the storm and is spreading towards the sail. This will have to be dealt with if you want to make it back to shore. What will you do?
Before Jayson knew it, the battle had started. Owen surprised him when he revealed two of his Pokemon were a Wailord and a Chesnaught. He was familiar with Chesnaught, having one of his own back home, but he'd never owned a Wailord. They did their best to keep the swarm of wild Pokemon at bay, but they were relentless. Even with Gendra and the other fliers doing their best to thin their ranks, it looked like they would be overrun. Things only get worse as the mass of electric Pokemon, coupled with the electric terrain causes lightning to been drawn to the mask, quickly igniting the sails. If they had any hope of making it to land they would need the sails, they couldn't afford the drop in speed. Jayson scrambled, he only had Thor left at his side and the Electivire had no way of handling the flames. But what about Owen's Chesnaught? Knowing the species well, Jayson was almost certain the Starter Pokemon would have access to Mud Shot. The ground type attack would hopefully be enough to smother the flames and if they were lucky it might just be enough to shield them against further lightning strikes.

"Owen", Jayson shouted, "I need your Chesnaught to save the sails with a Mud Shot! I'm sure he is capable of it, we can't afford to lose them!" Jayson turned to Thor, who wasn't looking to sure of himself, perhaps feeling like the lightning strike was partially his fault. "Thor give us a shield, set up Light Screen, then keep target the wild Pokemon with Shock Wave, try to avoid the Chinchou's though." Jayson wasn't sure how close to the Gyarados they were, but he was certain Sigurd would have a better vantage point. Reaching out with his mind, he contacted his Psychic partner. "How are we doing Sigurd? Are we getting close? We've got a bit of a problem back here but we will handle it, the sooner we get into range of the Gyarados the better."
 
Resident Spellslinger
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
88
Reaction score
1
Myles II


"Oh thank you thank you!" The teenager replies. "R-right name. My name is Masud. And I will definitely escort you. That's technically part of my job anyway to help the foreigners get to where they need to go in the library." He says as you begin to head after the small ground pokemon. "As for legendary pokemon, we have some scriptures about them but I don't know if we have much about what you are looking for. The 'trainers' I have talked to are always looking to see if they kind find where the legendary pokemon are. But we only really have the stories and legends about them." He gives a shrug and a look that seems to hope you aren't disappointed. You decide to call on your hitmontop to provide an extra pair of eyes in your search for the Trapinch. As you make your way through the library Masud seems to be admiring your Hitmontop. "Wow, you sure have quite a few different pokemon. Most of the tamers around here are only able to train one kind like mareep or ponyta." He comments as Pastinha lets out an interrupting "Top!" and points over to the left. The Trapinch kind of snickers and runs between the legs of a burlier looking adult man in modern attire. "What the-" He lets out and turns to face your group that was chasing the little guy. "Sorry buds, can't let you through this way. I was hired to keep people out while some repairs are going on." Masud looks down dejectedly. "Dang it. We almost had him." The man looks him over and looks up at your fairly impressive hitmontop. "Alright, I'll tell you what. I know what its like to pine after a wild pokemon. I remember being a young trainer. If you and your hitmontop put up a good fight I'll... be busy tying my shoes while you guys go looking for it." He says and sends out a battle prepped Anorith. Will you accept the challenge?

Mint was happy to hear from Masud that the Library did indeed have plenty of scriptures on Legendary Pokemon. While the lad mentioned that they had no information on their locations (as many Trainers wanted), Mint simply smiled back.


“That’s alright. I’m not looking for where they are, anyhow, it’s just the legends surrounding them I’m interested in. You see-“ Mint was about to elaborate, when Pastinha interrupted the two, pointing to where their quarry, snickering, darted between the legs of a burly, decidedly modern man with more celerity than Mint had thought the Trapinch species possessed. As Mint and Masud approached the man, however, he informed the two that the area was closed off for repairs. As Masud bemoaned the loss of their target, the man noticed Pastinha, and, sending out an Anorith, offered to battle Mint in exchange for passage.


Mint thought for a few moments. True, battling would be the easiest way by, and Pastinha’s moves would come in at an advantage compared to Anorith’s going by the respective types the two had. However, battling would also take a fair amount of time, time in which the Trapinch could eat something important, and the Anorith could pack other types of moves to make things warm for Pastinha. She could try to get one of her Pokemon by the man, but without any guidance past that point, they would likely not find the Trapinch, so that was out, leaving a battle as the only option, as given the way the man had called both her and Masud “buds,” she didn’t think she was succeeding any persuasion checks against this guy.


“Alright, but we should make this quick-we have to catch that Trapinch before it eats anything important back there!” Mint stipulated. “Come on, Pastinha, get ready!” Mint called, the Hitmontop nodding wordlessly, assuming his species’ trademark ginga. “Alright, Focus on saving your Energy for afterwards, okay? Don’t drag this out too much!” Mint reminded her partner, the direction met once more with a wordless nod. This match needed to start with a hard, clean hit with little risk of collateral damage. To that end, Mint would wait for the Anorith to attack first, and order a swift Revenge in retaliation.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Big5-

The merchant gives you a strange look, not use to seeing someone of your attire. Though, based on his facial expressions, he at the very least understands you. That was good enough, at least. Taking some time to mull over his own thoughts, the man soon opens his mouth to give you an answer.

"Hello sir. You say you offer yourself as a mercenary to protect my ship on my voyage back? Hmm, yes, this may do. For payment, I assume you just want passage then? Yes, yes... That shall work. I am Yafeu. We shall leave at dawn tomorrow. What you do with your free time is none of my concern," he states before waving you off to return to his drink. His voice was certainly thick, but not enough to not be at least somewhat understood.

At this point you had a few options at your disposal. You could continue wandering the town, maybe grab something to take back with you to the present, or at the very least even to eat. The journey from the mountain was certainly long, and getting a good meal and night's rest would help out for the long sea voyage ahead. You could also go explore the ship. The watch would more than let you on if you explain your situation. Getting acquainted with what you'll be spending the next week on would be easier when you're docked, than when you're actually out on the high seas. Whatever you decide, it'd be wise not to stray too far from this location.

What do you do?

Astre-


Cal looked off into the distant, pondering a bit. It seemed that he wasn't entirely here. His Vulpix just sat at his side, and the garden itself felt... quiet. You could hear the soft swaying of leaves in the breeze, and it almost felt like if you concentrated hard enough, you'd hear your own heart. What seemed like minutes was only a few seconds before the man gave you his answer.

"The Dialga's Gate? Yeah... I went through that thing. Didn't seemed that crazy though. Just walked into it, closed my eyes, and then felt myself lying in the grass here. Being honest I just thought it would be some sort of escape, and in a sense it is. This is the past, but it could've also led us to the future. Regardless, better than being in the present, that's for sure," he gave a serious response before laughing and making a more witty remark.

With that he jumped and leapt forward, heading deeper into the garden. Seeing this as a sign to follow, you do. While not as fast as he is, you still manage to keep the distance between the two of you short, enough that you know where he's going at all times. His speed felt almost... inhuman. Of course, that could be him use to running around to get to places. Like he had taped down some sort of button to always run in his body, if that was even possible. Soon enough, you see him stopped on the ground investigating something. Scratch marks and a paper doll. He just stared at them, unresponsive what could be so interesting about these to him?

What do you do?
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Big5-

The merchant gives you a strange look, not use to seeing someone of your attire. Though, based on his facial expressions, he at the very least understands you. That was good enough, at least. Taking some time to mull over his own thoughts, the man soon opens his mouth to give you an answer.

"Hello sir. You say you offer yourself as a mercenary to protect my ship on my voyage back? Hmm, yes, this may do. For payment, I assume you just want passage then? Yes, yes... That shall work. I am Yafeu. We shall leave at dawn tomorrow. What you do with your free time is none of my concern," he states before waving you off to return to his drink. His voice was certainly thick, but not enough to not be at least somewhat understood.

At this point you had a few options at your disposal. You could continue wandering the town, maybe grab something to take back with you to the present, or at the very least even to eat. The journey from the mountain was certainly long, and getting a good meal and night's rest would help out for the long sea voyage ahead. You could also go explore the ship. The watch would more than let you on if you explain your situation. Getting acquainted with what you'll be spending the next week on would be easier when you're docked, than when you're actually out on the high seas. Whatever you decide, it'd be wise not to stray too far from this location.

What do you do?
Big is nervous waiting for the man to reply, he isn't always the best with talking to people, especially strangers, and even moreso with strangers that have a decent chance of not speaking a common language. But luckily things seemed to work out as the man not only understood him but agreed to Big's proposition of being a merc in exchange for passage. After getting the man's name, Yafeu, he is quickly dismissed and left to his own devices until the ship leaves at dawn.

Heading back outside the mountain trip seems to hit him all at once. "Whew, I guess it has been a while since I ate." He mutters under his breath to himself. Deciding that it would be terribly unwise to stray too far from the docks and the nearby boat he decides to see if there are any fisherman stalls selling their wares nearby. He calls out his Charmeleon Hotstuff, his faithful starter pokemon to accompany him, and perhaps cook the fish once purchased. "This time isn't so different." The fire type comments on their surroundings. "Maybe smells a little worse." He chuckles and Big grins in response as they head for the nearest place that looks like it may sell food. "After you cook us up some food you want to check out the boat we'll be staying on with me? it's gotta be better than staying cooped up in your pokeball." The blue charmeleon shrugs and nods. "Might as well. As much as I really don't care for them, especially wooden ones, if we are expected to defend it getting the layout would be a smart idea."
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKnightsFury

The battle begins to rage and your plan comes on its first hiccup. While having many electric pokemon seems like a great idea in terms of offense against this horde of water pokemon it has attracted unwanted attention from the heavens and lit the main mast of your boat on fire with a strike of lightning. Thinking quickly as your normal firefighters are busy pulling the boat you have to improvise. You glance over to Owen's Chesnaught and suggest that he use Mud shot in attempts to put out the flames and protect from future attacks. "Oh you're a genius! Coulson Mud Shot the flames!" He calls out to his pokemon. Before you can truly contemplate the name the Grass starter expertly shoots mud out of its mouth and between it and the pouring rain the flames are doused. With the immediate problem out of the way you call to your electivire to set up a light screen. You see panes of light yellow... light form in front of the allied pokemon around the boat and the water attacks passing through the panes become weaker. With defenses shored up Thor goes back on the offensive with more shock wave attacks. You then reach out mentally to check on Sigurd for a status update. You get a mental image of Sigurd frying a Pelipper with a thunderbolt befrore he replies telling you the breach is imminent. You are jolted back to your perspective as the ship begins to list and drift your allied water pokemon pull the ship into a turn way sharper than would be possible in such a short amount of time. You look up in awe as you see th Gyarados from this lower perspective for the first time. It is much more intimidating from this angle as opposed to hundreds of feet above it. "Steel yourselves men! And fire!" Owen gives the signal and you watch as more electricity than you have seen in your life flies at the massive beast. It all impacts and you hear an ear-bursting roar as it cries out in pain. There is a beat and you watch as the Mega-Gyarados turns and eyes lock onto the boat. And starts heading your way. You feel the boat start to pull away from it as you flee back in the direction of land. But then you feel the boat slow once more and with a glance over the side you see several Dhelmise holding the boat back with their seaweed tendrils attached to the boat and using their anchor bodies to slow the boat. What'll you do?


Myles II

Getting stopped by this adult could be a huge setback as you watch the Trapinch head around a corner before looking back to the man. Deciding to take him and his Anorith on as diplomacy would be ineffective and arguing time-consuming. You decide to take the initiative and have your Hitmontop begin the battle. With a pose to make any anime fan jealous, Pastinha begins to focus his energy, concentrating it into the tips of his limbs, making them much more likely to deliver a more devastating blow. The man smirks, "Maybe you should have attacked while you had the chance! Anorith do a Metal Claw!" He calls out to the fossil pokemon. The tips of the smaller pokemon's claws glow silvery and it gives a decent slash across your fighting type's chest. Pastinha is hurt but not badly. While reeling you see the glint of Revenge in the eyes of your pokemon and with a wicked grin Pastinha rolls onto the top of his head and spins over to land a hearty blow onto the top of the opposing bug pokemon. Knowing you pokemon's fighting styles fairly well, you are almost certain that the blow should have been a critical hit. But when Pastinha returns to her original spot the Anorith looks less damaged then you would expect. "Gotta be careful about knowing your opponents kid. My Anorith's battle armor ability makes it that he never takes critical hits, no matter how focused your energy is." Musud gives you a worried look but is anxious for your next move. "Now Anorith give them a taste of your Fury Cutter!" The big pokemon delivers a weak slash with glowing light green energy that does next to no damage but the Anorith's claws remain glowing green, slightly brighter than before. What will you do now?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKnightsFury

The battle begins to rage and your plan comes on its first hiccup. While having many electric pokemon seems like a great idea in terms of offense against this horde of water pokemon it has attracted unwanted attention from the heavens and lit the main mast of your boat on fire with a strike of lightning. Thinking quickly as your normal firefighters are busy pulling the boat you have to improvise. You glance over to Owen's Chesnaught and suggest that he use Mud shot in attempts to put out the flames and protect from future attacks. "Oh you're a genius! Coulson Mud Shot the flames!" He calls out to his pokemon. Before you can truly contemplate the name the Grass starter expertly shoots mud out of its mouth and between it and the pouring rain the flames are doused. With the immediate problem out of the way you call to your electivire to set up a light screen. You see panes of light yellow... light form in front of the allied pokemon around the boat and the water attacks passing through the panes become weaker. With defenses shored up Thor goes back on the offensive with more shock wave attacks. You then reach out mentally to check on Sigurd for a status update. You get a mental image of Sigurd frying a Pelipper with a thunderbolt befrore he replies telling you the breach is imminent. You are jolted back to your perspective as the ship begins to list and drift your allied water pokemon pull the ship into a turn way sharper than would be possible in such a short amount of time. You look up in awe as you see th Gyarados from this lower perspective for the first time. It is much more intimidating from this angle as opposed to hundreds of feet above it. "Steel yourselves men! And fire!" Owen gives the signal and you watch as more electricity than you have seen in your life flies at the massive beast. It all impacts and you hear an ear-bursting roar as it cries out in pain. There is a beat and you watch as the Mega-Gyarados turns and eyes lock onto the boat. And starts heading your way. You feel the boat start to pull away from it as you flee back in the direction of land. But then you feel the boat slow once more and with a glance over the side you see several Dhelmise holding the boat back with their seaweed tendrils attached to the boat and using their anchor bodies to slow the boat. What'll you do?
They eventually penetrated the swarm enough to get a clear shot at the terrifying Mega Gyarados. It looked massive from above but from this angle it was colossal. As per the plan, every Pokemon capable launched an electric attack at the gigantic Mega Pokemon, lighting up the skies as the beast turned its attention to them. Phase One of the plan was a success, now for Phase Two, the race to land. The ship turned quickly, aided by the towing Water Pokemon. Jayson thought they were off to a good start, but as soon as the boat begins to surge forward, something causes the ship to slow down. It doesn't take long to work out what was holding them back, several Dhelmise were clinging to the ship, using their anchors to increase the drag and slow them down. If they didn't clear away the Dhelmise quickly, the Mega Gyarados would be on them and they'd be in even more trouble. "Quick Thor!" Jayson shouted to the Electivire, "start knocking away the seaweed with super effective Ice Punches!" The Electivire's fists glistened with ice energy as he rushed to his task, Jayson would have preferred to use Fire Punches but the rain would likely decrease their effectiveness. Thor would need help if they were going to remove the Dhelmise. "Owen, we need Coulson to help clear away the Dhelmise." Jayson cupped his hands around his mouth and let out a strange hoot. Too anyone else it would be nothing, but Atalanta knew her rally call. The Decidueye was back in an instant, swooping in on silent wings. The stealthy owl would have no issue disposing of the Dhelmise. "Let's hit them with some spread damage shall we? Be relentless, slow them down with an Icy Wind, then follow up with an Air Cutter, then finish them with a Shadow Storm!" Jayson hoped that the multitude of super effective attacks would be enough to clear the Dhelmise quickly, if they didn't get back to full speed soon, they'd be overrun.
 
Last edited:
Tired teacher.
Joined
Jan 28, 2017
Messages
314
Reaction score
112


Why must you be difficult? u3u​


Greca



[ Raves ]

The priest looks very pleased with your offering; it seems you've done well to honor whoever this altar was meant for. A peculiar warmth fills you -- perhaps you feel a little closer to this place, for having taken part in the ritual? Xigua seems to have a fresh burst of energy too. Yes, all is well... until you ask about the woman in the statue. The priest fixes you with that same strange look, and you get the distinct impression that her identity is common knowledge around these parts. He shifts his weight, almost warily, before remembering his vows to serve. Stance softening, he sighs.

"Foreigners," he surmises, from your bizarre dress and ignorance. He turns his gaze up to the statue, eyes growing wide with a genuine awe and reverence. "This is Artena," he explained. "Goddess of wisdom, and of war. Here, she is triumphing over Araqne, a mortal woman who was cursed to become an Araquanid for her hubris."

Looking more closely at the statue, you realize that the large arthropod under the woman's foot does resemble an Araquanid, albeit in a rather esoteric manner. Despite the beauty and serenity of the goddess, the creature underfoot seems to be suffering, and the more you study it, the more unsettling the image becomes.

A soft skittering noise from somewhere above you pulls your attention away, and when you look up, you see a small, green-and-yellow arthropod skittering across the ceiling. After a moment, your eyes adjust to the relative darkness, however, and the one becomes about half a dozen. The priest follows your gaze, and scowls at the Spinarak.

"A bad omen," he explains, dourly. "All of Araqne's descendents were cursed to the same fate as she was. They have invaded the temple -- indeed, the city -- to seek retribution. In years past, they would have never trespassed upon Artena's sacred land, but now that her fount has thawed and been allowed to flow... her blessing leaves us, with the water. The senate blames the fountain priestesses, but I know better. The girls are hardworking and pious. Their executions will be a tragedy, and will only bring calamity down upon us more swiftly."

He pauses for a long beat, seeming to realize the large amount of rather heavy information he has laid upon you, a stranger and an outsider. In a nervous gesture, he reaches up and scratches one ear. "...you should leave," he finally says. "Return to your home, and hope it is far from here."

You have been blessed for your generous offering, and Xigua has gained one level! However, the story you've just been told is rather dark, and it sounds as though a gristly fate is to befall the priestesses for their 'failure'. Then again, this is not only not your problem, but also quite possibly fictional.

What will you do?



 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
6

Why must you be difficult? u3u

Greca


[ Raves ]

The priest looks very pleased with your offering; it seems you've done well to honor whoever this altar was meant for. A peculiar warmth fills you -- perhaps you feel a little closer to this place, for having taken part in the ritual? Xigua seems to have a fresh burst of energy too. Yes, all is well... until you ask about the woman in the statue. The priest fixes you with that same strange look, and you get the distinct impression that her identity is common knowledge around these parts. He shifts his weight, almost warily, before remembering his vows to serve. Stance softening, he sighs.

"Foreigners," he surmises, from your bizarre dress and ignorance. He turns his gaze up to the statue, eyes growing wide with a genuine awe and reverence. "This is Artena," he explained. "Goddess of wisdom, and of war. Here, she is triumphing over Araqne, a mortal woman who was cursed to become an Araquanid for her hubris."

Looking more closely at the statue, you realize that the large arthropod under the woman's foot does resemble an Araquanid, albeit in a rather esoteric manner. Despite the beauty and serenity of the goddess, the creature underfoot seems to be suffering, and the more you study it, the more unsettling the image becomes.

A soft skittering noise from somewhere above you pulls your attention away, and when you look up, you see a small, green-and-yellow arthropod skittering across the ceiling. After a moment, your eyes adjust to the relative darkness, however, and the one becomes about half a dozen. The priest follows your gaze, and scowls at the Spinarak.

"A bad omen," he explains, dourly. "All of Araqne's descendents were cursed to the same fate as she was. They have invaded the temple -- indeed, the city -- to seek retribution. In years past, they would have never trespassed upon Artena's sacred land, but now that her fount has thawed and been allowed to flow... her blessing leaves us, with the water. The senate blames the fountain priestesses, but I know better. The girls are hardworking and pious. Their executions will be a tragedy, and will only bring calamity down upon us more swiftly."

He pauses for a long beat, seeming to realize the large amount of rather heavy information he has laid upon you, a stranger and an outsider. In a nervous gesture, he reaches up and scratches one ear. "...you should leave," he finally says. "Return to your home, and hope it is far from here."

You have been blessed for your generous offering, and Xigua has gained one level! However, the story you've just been told is rather dark, and it sounds as though a gristly fate is to befall the priestesses for their 'failure'. Then again, this is not only not your problem, but also quite possibly fictional.

What will you do?


The priest, as odd as he seemed, appeared grateful for the offerings Rory made as the teen felt somewhat warm in the presence of the statue, as did his Wimpod, the bug skittering around a little more energetically...until he asked about the statue. Sighing, the priest began to explain to him, a foreigner, that the statue was of Artene, Goddess of Wisdom and War, triumphing over Araqne, a mortal cursed to become an Araquanid for some troubles. The youth's eyebrows raised as his interest was piqued. That must mean that we're back in Greca...but that can't be right, the country's thousands of miles from New Fizz...

The sound of small feet different from Xigua caught his attention, and gazing up he could see a familiar bug pokemon, a Spinarak. Several of them, in fact, after a short moment of staring. The priest's next words, however, brought a pit into his stomach once more. The presence of the spider pokemon was an omen, descendants of Araqne, invading for retribution against the goddess. The mention of a fountain thawing, however, was what made him take a second glance at the statue and mosaic. That flowing hair and the blue, coupled with what seems to be a melted fountain...it reminded him of folk tales he heard. What unsettled him, however, was the mention of the priestesses and a grisly fate for an apparent failure.

At the priest's words to leave, he gave a scratch of his head before looking down at his own bug pokemon. "I dunno if there's an easy way back home, Xig...something tells me we're very far from where we were. But at the same time, there's something going on. There was that Dewpider in the pond earlier when we first got here, and there's clearly a presence of spider pokemon too." He stood for a brief moment, before turning to the priest. "Uh, not to be a bother, but do the people here need a hand getting rid of these bugs? I kinda study them, and think me and my other pokemon could find out what's causing the intrusion. Going home's not really the best option right now, it's complicated...and if it would help the temple and Artena's priestesses, we'd be glad to get to the bottom of this."

Rory knew he was probably getting himself into a sticky situation, but then again there wasn't much else to do, and if all else, he could at least have the opportunity to study the bugs in this place.
 
Resident Spellslinger
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
88
Reaction score
1
Myles II


Getting stopped by this adult could be a huge setback as you watch the Trapinch head around a corner before looking back to the man. Deciding to take him and his Anorith on as diplomacy would be ineffective and arguing time-consuming. You decide to take the initiative and have your Hitmontop begin the battle. With a pose to make any anime fan jealous, Pastinha begins to focus his energy, concentrating it into the tips of his limbs, making them much more likely to deliver a more devastating blow. The man smirks, "Maybe you should have attacked while you had the chance! Anorith do a Metal Claw!" He calls out to the fossil pokemon. The tips of the smaller pokemon's claws glow silvery and it gives a decent slash across your fighting type's chest. Pastinha is hurt but not badly. While reeling you see the glint of Revenge in the eyes of your pokemon and with a wicked grin Pastinha rolls onto the top of his head and spins over to land a hearty blow onto the top of the opposing bug pokemon. Knowing you pokemon's fighting styles fairly well, you are almost certain that the blow should have been a critical hit. But when Pastinha returns to her original spot the Anorith looks less damaged then you would expect. "Gotta be careful about knowing your opponents kid. My Anorith's battle armor ability makes it that he never takes critical hits, no matter how focused your energy is." Musud gives you a worried look but is anxious for your next move. "Now Anorith give them a taste of your Fury Cutter!" The big pokemon delivers a weak slash with glowing light green energy that does next to no damage but the Anorith's claws remain glowing green, slightly brighter than before. What will you do now?

Mint huffed a little bit as her opponent revealed his Anorith to have the Battle Armor ability, preventing any critical hits from landing. All in all, she still got her properly timed Revenge order off, so it wasn't too much skin off her back. While Anorith did have Metal Claw, confirming it had at least neutral attacks to work with, it hadn't gone for Aerial Ace or some other manner of super effective attack. Given that such moves would be an easy way to take an early and potentially lasting advantage, Mint got a feeling this Anorith didn't have any such options, meaning that if this were to be a contest of neutral damage, she could likely edge out Anorith by virtue of Pastinha's neutral attacking type matching his while Anorith's didn't.


Then the...rocky...crustacean, probably...? busted out a Fury Cutter, which made Mint go on alert. While resisted, Fury Cutter could become immensely powerful if allowed to continue hitting, and the closed space wasn't going to allow for too many fancy pure-dodging tricks. Detect was an option, but slowed things down in the long run-she needed to either outpace Fury Cutter or find some way to keep its power down whilst attacking, when it came down to it. Luckily, the attack was still weak for now, so Mint would have some time to think on it.


"Stay frosty, buddy! Rolling Kick to flank it, then blindside it with Triple Kick!" Mint ordered. Anorith weren't particularly fast creatures, so perhaps trying to outmaneuver it would work?
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKnightsFury

The first part of the plan seems to have been a success, for all good and bad that means. With an angry giant Mega Gyarados on your tail, you now had to make it to land. With the power of the water pokemon pulling at you, the machoke's rowing like no tomorrow, and the wind produced by the storm at your back you will make the day's journey in a fraction of it. But not if those Dhelmise keep dragging you back. On top of it, you start Thor on the issue, throwing out ice punches (rather than rain weakened fire punches) to start attacking the seaweed. As Thor leaps into action you call on some backup for him with a trained birdcall you summon your alolan native Decidueye to assist. After receiving her orders for her supereffective barrage she goes to assist Thor and begins with her Icy Wind, freezing the remaining seaweed that Thor hadn't reached before decimating them with a powerful Air Cutter attack. But the barrage doesn't end there as Atalanta calls on her inner darkness to wash the last of the Dhelmise away with a brutal shadow storm, gathering more than a few slightly worried glances at the brutality of the move from the gathering of honorable warriors. Owen taps your shoulder though and gives a nod. "Looks like you didn't even need Coulson." But his temporary distraction allows a Pelliper to dive in for a lucky shot and deliver the first casualty that you've seen. Taking doubly super effective damage from a flying move, Coulson hits the ground hard before being called back by Owen. But you feel the ship pick up back to full speed and the Gyarados stops getting closer. You spend some more time fending off more stragglers without issue but just as the land is entering view one last obstacle lands in front of you. Your eyes widen as a Sharpedo lands on the deck of the ship, using aqua jet to maneuver, and glaring at you and Owen through a scar covering its eye. Owen calls on his next pokemon. "Goro! Your turn!" He shouts and a Machamp appears and cracks all four sets of knuckles as it stares down the shark. Thor stands ready next to you but you can tell the long battle is starting to wear on him. What will you do in this rematch?

Myles II

While slightly perturbed that the critical hit plan would not be an option, you have confidence that it at least doesn't have any type advantage options over you and that with your same type attacks being neutral you feel that this matchup can go in your favor. But when your opponent pulls out the move Fury Cutter you hesitate once again. Knowing that the power of this move will only grow as it continues to land, you have even more motivation to end the battle quickly. Calling out your orders, your opponent responds in kind. "Best option is to keep up with the Fury Cutters!" He calls out to his Anorith while grinning at you in the excitement of the battle. Both pokemon leap into action with Hitmontop starting off with a nice roundhouse to the side of the fossil. The Anorith cries out in pain at the blow and swipes out with two more fury cutter strikes, each stronger than the last, but only now starting to do lasting damage. Pastinha then spins around to the side and with three quick kicks, like the opposing bug move, each kick is stronger than the last and with the last one the Anorith is knocked onto its back in front of its trainer, KOed.

"Aw man, I guess we were rustier than I thought. Thanks for the battle. You can go ahead through and take this for holding you up." He hands you $750 in modern pokedollars. "And good luck dealin' with the Trapinch."


Pastinha gains 2 levels


You rush past with your new Egyian friend and into the construction area. After looking about for a bit you catch a glimpse of an orange foot and rush after it. Soon you catch up to the Trapinch with more papyrus in its mouth but now cornered between a wall and a bookshelf. What will you do now that you've cornered the little bugger?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKnightsFury

The first part of the plan seems to have been a success, for all good and bad that means. With an angry giant Mega Gyarados on your tail, you now had to make it to land. With the power of the water pokemon pulling at you, the machoke's rowing like no tomorrow, and the wind produced by the storm at your back you will make the day's journey in a fraction of it. But not if those Dhelmise keep dragging you back. On top of it, you start Thor on the issue, throwing out ice punches (rather than rain weakened fire punches) to start attacking the seaweed. As Thor leaps into action you call on some backup for him with a trained birdcall you summon your alolan native Decidueye to assist. After receiving her orders for her supereffective barrage she goes to assist Thor and begins with her Icy Wind, freezing the remaining seaweed that Thor hadn't reached before decimating them with a powerful Air Cutter attack. But the barrage doesn't end there as Atalanta calls on her inner darkness to wash the last of the Dhelmise away with a brutal shadow storm, gathering more than a few slightly worried glances at the brutality of the move from the gathering of honorable warriors. Owen taps your shoulder though and gives a nod. "Looks like you didn't even need Coulson." But his temporary distraction allows a Pelliper to dive in for a lucky shot and deliver the first casualty that you've seen. Taking doubly super effective damage from a flying move, Coulson hits the ground hard before being called back by Owen. But you feel the ship pick up back to full speed and the Gyarados stops getting closer. You spend some more time fending off more stragglers without issue but just as the land is entering view one last obstacle lands in front of you. Your eyes widen as a Sharpedo lands on the deck of the ship, using aqua jet to maneuver, and glaring at you and Owen through a scar covering its eye. Owen calls on his next pokemon. "Goro! Your turn!" He shouts and a Machamp appears and cracks all four sets of knuckles as it stares down the shark. Thor stands ready next to you but you can tell the long battle is starting to wear on him. What will you do in this rematch?
While disposing of the Dhelmise seemed to take a lot less effort than he thought it would, not everything was going their way. A Pelipper had struck from nowhere, diving from the skies to put Coulson down with a single blow. Just when Jayson figured things couldn't get any worse, an old friend decided to show up again. As soon as he saw the scarred eye of the Sharpedo, he knew it was the one that he encountered earlier. This bastard had lead its pack of hungry Sharpedo against the Empoleon and its family, brutally murdering the two Empoleon in front of their children. It had gotten away after Jayson removed the Mega Stone shard from its eye, now it was time for him to finish the job. "Atalanta return to your duties, Thor and me can handle this prick." Atalanta nodded before taking off, heading back to watch over Argo and the other towing Pokemon. Jayson looked at Thor, who was eyeing off the new Pokemon Owen had sent out to assist them. The Machamp's assistance would be greatly appreciated, with its fighting typing and Thor's electric typing, they had a distinct advantage over the Water and Dark typed Sharpedo. "Alright Owen, let's beat the shit out of this bastard. Thor time to bring the thunder! Restrict it with a Thunder Wave, strike it with a Thunderbolt, then slam it with a Thunder Punch!"

Thor surely had plenty more left in the tank, and with the electric terrain giving them an advantage this would be a different battle to the one at sea.
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKinghtsFury

Your eyes are locked with the Sharpedo that had orphaned the Penguin pokemon you had seen before. And you can tell simply by the way it stares back that it has just as much beef with you for denying it from its complete meal, and for stabbing it in the eye. You dismiss Atalanta back to her duties in protecting the water pokemon pulling the ship, but as she passes by the Sharpedo your gut drops as it's eyes shift from you to your bird pokemon. Before you can call out a warning the shark has Aqua jetted into the path of the Ghost bird and latched onto her leg with a super effective Crunch. Your Alolan pokemon lets out a squawk of pain but luckily your orders are perfect to help her out. Thor starts off by locking up the Sharpedo with a Thunder wave solidly paralyzing the Sharpedo. Owen also shouts out an order to Goro his Machamp and the fighting pokemon immediately rushes in and uses his immense Strength to pry open its jaws and allow Atlantala to get free before tossing the shark in between the Machamp and the Electivire. The grass pokemon limps a bit but gives you a nod telling you that she is ok before flying off back to her post. With nothing between you and shark fin soup, you tell Thor to cut loose with a thunderbolt frying the Sharpedo with a buttload of damage with the electric terrain boost. The sharpedo lets out a growl and blasts Thor with a large blast of water from its mouth, pushing Thor back but leaving the shark open to a nasty Karate chop from Goro. The sharpedo lets out another loud howl, but this one seems different, almost strategic. Soon you see massive claws reach over the side and a pair of crab pokemon, a Kingler and Crawdaunt seem to have responded to the sharpedo which you would guess has some kind of authority in this makeshift hierarchy. Before you or Owen can react you watch as they shoot out mud from their mouths similar to how Coulson did, though rather than aiming for Thor like you'd assume the mud lands on the Sharpedo, and you immediately recognize the move as mud sport. The rain immediately begins to wash it off, but you can tell at least for a while the Sharpedo doesn't have to worry about the Electric Terrain boost. Owen takes a step towards the crabs. "Goro and I will take care of these two, you seem to have a score to settle with that one. Besides, his hands were getting sore anyway." And with another shout, the Machamp starts trading blows with the crabs. You and Thor turn back to the Sharpedo and Thor lands one last Thunder punch, which is not quite as devasting and Thor shakes his hand a bit at the Sharpedo's rough skin but the paralysis has taken hold of it again. It soon shakes it off and you stand off again with the Sharpedo already looking damaged. What will you do now?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKinghtsFury

Your eyes are locked with the Sharpedo that had orphaned the Penguin pokemon you had seen before. And you can tell simply by the way it stares back that it has just as much beef with you for denying it from its complete meal, and for stabbing it in the eye. You dismiss Atalanta back to her duties in protecting the water pokemon pulling the ship, but as she passes by the Sharpedo your gut drops as it's eyes shift from you to your bird pokemon. Before you can call out a warning the shark has Aqua jetted into the path of the Ghost bird and latched onto her leg with a super effective Crunch. Your Alolan pokemon lets out a squawk of pain but luckily your orders are perfect to help her out. Thor starts off by locking up the Sharpedo with a Thunder wave solidly paralyzing the Sharpedo. Owen also shouts out an order to Goro his Machamp and the fighting pokemon immediately rushes in and uses his immense Strength to pry open its jaws and allow Atlantala to get free before tossing the shark in between the Machamp and the Electivire. The grass pokemon limps a bit but gives you a nod telling you that she is ok before flying off back to her post. With nothing between you and shark fin soup, you tell Thor to cut loose with a thunderbolt frying the Sharpedo with a buttload of damage with the electric terrain boost. The sharpedo lets out a growl and blasts Thor with a large blast of water from its mouth, pushing Thor back but leaving the shark open to a nasty Karate chop from Goro. The sharpedo lets out another loud howl, but this one seems different, almost strategic. Soon you see massive claws reach over the side and a pair of crab pokemon, a Kingler and Crawdaunt seem to have responded to the sharpedo which you would guess has some kind of authority in this makeshift hierarchy. Before you or Owen can react you watch as they shoot out mud from their mouths similar to how Coulson did, though rather than aiming for Thor like you'd assume the mud lands on the Sharpedo, and you immediately recognize the move as mud sport. The rain immediately begins to wash it off, but you can tell at least for a while the Sharpedo doesn't have to worry about the Electric Terrain boost. Owen takes a step towards the crabs. "Goro and I will take care of these two, you seem to have a score to settle with that one. Besides, his hands were getting sore anyway." And with another shout, the Machamp starts trading blows with the crabs. You and Thor turn back to the Sharpedo and Thor lands one last Thunder punch, which is not quite as devasting and Thor shakes his hand a bit at the Sharpedo's rough skin but the paralysis has taken hold of it again. It soon shakes it off and you stand off again with the Sharpedo already looking damaged. What will you do now?
The Sharpedo quickly reminded Jayson of why he hated it so much. Instead of letting Atalanta get away, it decided to try and take her down. How stupid was this thing? Was its taste for bird starter Pokemon so strong that it would risk being smashed with super effective damage? Either way, Thor and Goro were able to free Atalanta with a bit of effort and the Decidueye was able to return to her post. Working in tandem, Thor and Goro were able to land back to back super effective hits on the Sharpedo. Despite taking a strong hit, Thor was standing strong, their advantage was clear. However the Sharpedo quickly called on crustacean companions, a Kingler and Crawduant. The pair covered the Sharpedo in mud, all but cancelling out the boost afforded to them by the electric terrain. Owen seemed certain that Goro could dispose of the two crabs by himself, leaving him and Thor to resolve their beef with the Sharpedo.

"Alright Thor, let's give this prick all we've got!" Jayson scowled at the beast, it would regret ever crossing his path. This beat down would be for the dead Empoleon and their poor abandoned children, left adrift somewhere in this world. The Sharpedo's rough skin would slowly wear Thor down if he continued to fight physical, they had to keep things at range. "Strike it back with a Cross Chop. The paralysis will leave it open to a good strong Electro Ball, follow that up with another Thunderbolt, to really rub salt in the wound!"
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKnightsFury

You have successfully freed Atlantala and with Owen and Goro holding off the two crabs you had this sharpedo all to yourself. While the mud sport had nullified the electric terrain temporarily you still hold the type advantage and confidence that this matchup will be a handy win for you, especially with the rain and water moves from the water pokemon already washing it off at a faster pace. You know that keeping this fight in close range will wear hard Thor due to the Sharpedo's rough skin so you decide to take this on at a range. So you call out to have Thor do Cross Chop and with a double karate chop that would make any fighting type proud the blow to the Sharpedo's nose sends it reeling. It wheels around and glares at Thor before leaping back, closing the distance surprisingly fast for a pokemon you'd assume to be more agile in the water. It's teeth glow a light blue and it chomps down onto one of Thor's arms and a light frost builds up at the mouth. You call out for Thor to do an Electro ball but he seems to be wincing at the Sharpedo locked around his arm to concentrate on focusing the electricity into the complex move. Deciding that an easier move might be the better option, Thor just moves onto his next order and lets out the mother of all Thunderbolts right into the Sharpedo's gullet, which definitely causes the shark pokemon to release it's hold. Thor takes the opportunity to gain a little distance from his foe. He and the Sharpedo are both definitely winded at this point but the super effective blows are definitely putting Thor in the lead, even with the head start afforded by fighting off pokemon before the Sharpedo. A glance over your shoulder shows the land coming in soon, you'd better deal with the sharpedo before then. What will you do now?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKnightsFury

You have successfully freed Atlantala and with Owen and Goro holding off the two crabs you had this sharpedo all to yourself. While the mud sport had nullified the electric terrain temporarily you still hold the type advantage and confidence that this matchup will be a handy win for you, especially with the rain and water moves from the water pokemon already washing it off at a faster pace. You know that keeping this fight in close range will wear hard Thor due to the Sharpedo's rough skin so you decide to take this on at a range. So you call out to have Thor do Cross Chop and with a double karate chop that would make any fighting type proud the blow to the Sharpedo's nose sends it reeling. It wheels around and glares at Thor before leaping back, closing the distance surprisingly fast for a pokemon you'd assume to be more agile in the water. It's teeth glow a light blue and it chomps down onto one of Thor's arms and a light frost builds up at the mouth. You call out for Thor to do an Electro ball but he seems to be wincing at the Sharpedo locked around his arm to concentrate on focusing the electricity into the complex move. Deciding that an easier move might be the better option, Thor just moves onto his next order and lets out the mother of all Thunderbolts right into the Sharpedo's gullet, which definitely causes the shark pokemon to release it's hold. Thor takes the opportunity to gain a little distance from his foe. He and the Sharpedo are both definitely winded at this point but the super effective blows are definitely putting Thor in the lead, even with the head start afforded by fighting off pokemon before the Sharpedo. A glance over your shoulder shows the land coming in soon, you'd better deal with the sharpedo before then. What will you do now?
They were close to making landfall. The Sharpedo looked to be nearly finished but time was not on their side. They needed to end this now, there would be no time to mess around once they reached the land, that was when the real fight would begin. Thor had failed at his last Electro Ball but he knew that the Electivire was resilient. Goro was likely dealing with the crabs and the rain was quickly washing off the Mud Sport that was weakening Thor's electric moves. Jayson hoped they could finish this in two moves.

"Alright Thor, time to wrap this battle up. Charge up a Focus Blast, wait for the paralysis to grip the Sharpedo before firing. Then try for another Electro Ball, we need to finish this beast off once and for good!" Thor gave him a reassuring nod, he'd get the job done. With land quickly approaching, Jayson figured it was best to communicate with Sigurd once more.

"Sigurd we are getting close to shore, we've got a bit of an issue on deck but Thor has it handled. How are things on your end, anything to report? I assume the Gyarados is still following us, given its minions are still giving us issues. Once the Skall hits the beach we're going to need everyone's help, make sure you let Gendra know."


So far his plan had worked fairly well, they'd handled the hiccups that were bound to happen as well as they could. However this was merely phase 1, they'd redirected the Gyarados and were close to luring it from the ocean where it had the home field advantage. However it was still Mega Evolved and a monolith to say the least, actually fighting it was going to be a monumental effort.
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKnightsFury

As you approach the shore you shout out more orders to Thor in hopes to finally finish off the dreaded shark beast. With a glance to one side you watch as Goro tosses the Kingler a good hundred yards back into the water before facing down the remaining crab. A glance out the other way affords you a clear image of where the ship is heading, and to your surprise, you see more water than you were expecting. Owen aimed the course for what appears to be a river, which will allow the Skald to get inland just enough to draw the Gyarados onto your element, putting the battle on the river banks rather than the beach. A quick telepathic check in with Sigurd confirms what your eyes can see, the gyarados is in fact still following you and he assures you that Gendra and He and Balerion will be where they need to. As this plays out Thor has charged up a decent sized ball of fighting energy before waiting to fire at a moment when the paralysis took hold of the shark once more and blasting it with another super effective blow. The Sharpedo pants in pain and bursts towards Thor, it slams into the Electivire knocking the electric type onto his back where he vibrates oddly and cries out in pain. It seems that the Sharpedo pulled out its ace in the whole, the move Earthquake. Thor gets back on one knee and launches a ball of electric power, this one smaller than the focus blast but the damage seems on par due to the paralysis slowing down the water pokemon. The Sharpedo however absolutely refuses to go down and charges up with what looks to be another earthquake, and Thor puts up his arms to defend himself for the blow that never comes. You watch as a pillar of water erupts from the side of the of the boat drawing most of the eyes of the civilized folk, drawing in breath as they anticipate a new water attack. The water clears and a figure of a glowing white bird appears before launching into the Sharpedo. There is a loud crash and you see that the Sharpedo was KOed before the final earthquake could land. As the smoke clears you see what did the deed, a battered, bloodied and bruised female Empoleon. The water bird nods to you before collapsing on the deck of the ship. As this happens the ship lurches under you as you cross into the river water, which the Skald is definitely not built to traverse. Goro punches out his last opponent and Owen looks over to you. "We got about 2 minutes! Call everyone back and do any healing you can." He looks over to the Empoleon. "It's time to do this." The Empoleon is fainted, Thor is on his last legs and a quick contact to Sigurd reveals that he and Balerion are only winded, along with Argo and Atlantala taking a few hits. What will you do?
Thor has gained 5 levels.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKnightsFury

As you approach the shore you shout out more orders to Thor in hopes to finally finish off the dreaded shark beast. With a glance to one side you watch as Goro tosses the Kingler a good hundred yards back into the water before facing down the remaining crab. A glance out the other way affords you a clear image of where the ship is heading, and to your surprise, you see more water than you were expecting. Owen aimed the course for what appears to be a river, which will allow the Skald to get inland just enough to draw the Gyarados onto your element, putting the battle on the river banks rather than the beach. A quick telepathic check in with Sigurd confirms what your eyes can see, the gyarados is in fact still following you and he assures you that Gendra and He and Balerion will be where they need to. As this plays out Thor has charged up a decent sized ball of fighting energy before waiting to fire at a moment when the paralysis took hold of the shark once more and blasting it with another super effective blow. The Sharpedo pants in pain and bursts towards Thor, it slams into the Electivire knocking the electric type onto his back where he vibrates oddly and cries out in pain. It seems that the Sharpedo pulled out its ace in the whole, the move Earthquake. Thor gets back on one knee and launches a ball of electric power, this one smaller than the focus blast but the damage seems on par due to the paralysis slowing down the water pokemon. The Sharpedo however absolutely refuses to go down and charges up with what looks to be another earthquake, and Thor puts up his arms to defend himself for the blow that never comes. You watch as a pillar of water erupts from the side of the of the boat drawing most of the eyes of the civilized folk, drawing in breath as they anticipate a new water attack. The water clears and a figure of a glowing white bird appears before launching into the Sharpedo. There is a loud crash and you see that the Sharpedo was KOed before the final earthquake could land. As the smoke clears you see what did the deed, a battered, bloodied and bruised female Empoleon. The water bird nods to you before collapsing on the deck of the ship. As this happens the ship lurches under you as you cross into the river water, which the Skald is definitely not built to traverse. Goro punches out his last opponent and Owen looks over to you. "We got about 2 minutes! Call everyone back and do any healing you can." He looks over to the Empoleon. "It's time to do this." The Empoleon is fainted, Thor is on his last legs and a quick contact to Sigurd reveals that he and Balerion are only winded, along with Argo and Atlantala taking a few hits. What will you do?
They'd made it. Jayson had to pause for a moment, just to take a sigh of relief. His plan had been incredibly risky and certainly didn't go smoothly, but somehow they'd made it out of the open ocean. Thor had almost fallen to the Sharpedo, but miraculously the battered Female Empoleon had shot from the water, claiming vengeance for her dead mate and lost children. The Empoleon was lying unconscious on the deck as Owen shouts out orders, the Gyarados would be on them shortly. Thor was struggling, but with Sigurd on his way back the Gallade would be able to give him some assistance in healing the Electric type. He would recall Argo as soon as the docked the Skall, the Lapras wouldn't be able to assist much more. He retrieved two Sitrus berries from his bag, one he gave to Thor, hoping it would ease his pain until Sigurd arrive to heal him with a Heal Pulse. The other he would offer to Atalanta, hoping it would be enough to make up for any health she had loss. While searching through his bag, Jayson also managed to find a Revive. Looking to the Empoleon, Jayson figured that he owed it to the Steel type, it had saved him twice now after all. Jayson slipped the Revive to the Empoleon and it slowly came to.

"Thanks for saving me", Jayson spoke softly, not wanting to spook it. "Your children were blasted off this way, you should go find them, in case they get caught in the crossfire." Jayson looked around, there was no sign of the young penguins but he had a feeling they weren't far away. As soon as the ship docked he would release Ymir, he knew the Aurorus would be keen for some action. "Owen we should get the Machokes to form a guard at the front, not to be rude but they're expendable in comparison to our main fighters. Once the Gyarados comes onto land our best bet will be to flank it from both sides, make it unsure of where to target. If we can keep wearing it down, hopefully it will fall before we do."
 
Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
TheKnightsFury

With the battle temporarily on pause for you, it provides you time to regroup. First you recall your lapras, his lack of battle experience could lead to him getting hurt against this massive foe. As you did this you also call Balerion and Sigurd back, while you give Sitrus berries to Thor and Atlantala, tiding the electric type over and allowing the bird to put her weight back on her chomped leg. When Sigurd returns you have him channel a healing into Thor and the Electivire looks a lot better, if still kinda worn out. You also pull out a revive and give it to the fallen Empoleon. The Empoleon wakes up breathing quickly but calms down when it realizes the immediate battle had ended. She slowly gets to her feet and looks at you as you tell her to go find her children. It looks over to the incoming Gyarados and looks back to you with a sad yet confident penguin squawk. Sigurd translates that she appreciates the offer but there would be no point if the gyarados can't be stopped. He then relays that she is willing to follow your tactics through the battle.

You have gained an ally in a level 40 Empoleon with the unnatural move Sky Attack.

With your party healed you go and relay your plans to Owen. "Sounds like a plan." He calls out and gathers Seebor and Gendra back to group up with him as he shouts to the other vikings to form the front line. Seebor joins you with his crusty looking Feraligatr and a tough looking Haxorus. As Gendra lands her Talonflame she recalls the bird and throws out four balls containing four smaller bird pokemon, an Oricorio of each style and they ready themselves in well-practiced synchronization. Owen recalls his wailord and calls out a Sawsbuck named Bambi to join Goro. He also reaches for a third pokeball, this one metallic looking but hesitates and puts it back. He then shouts out: "Incoming!" He calls out as the Gyarados crashes onto the scene. The battle is once again engaged and all of your pokemon, including the Empoleon, are ready for your first orders. What will you do?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
TheKnightsFury

With the battle temporarily on pause for you, it provides you time to regroup. First you recall your lapras, his lack of battle experience could lead to him getting hurt against this massive foe. As you did this you also call Balerion and Sigurd back, while you give Sitrus berries to Thor and Atlantala, tiding the electric type over and allowing the bird to put her weight back on her chomped leg. When Sigurd returns you have him channel a healing into Thor and the Electivire looks a lot better, if still kinda worn out. You also pull out a revive and give it to the fallen Empoleon. The Empoleon wakes up breathing quickly but calms down when it realizes the immediate battle had ended. She slowly gets to her feet and looks at you as you tell her to go find her children. It looks over to the incoming Gyarados and looks back to you with a sad yet confident penguin squawk. Sigurd translates that she appreciates the offer but there would be no point if the gyarados can't be stopped. He then relays that she is willing to follow your tactics through the battle.

You have gained an ally in a level 40 Empoleon with the unnatural move Sky Attack.

With your party healed you go and relay your plans to Owen. "Sounds like a plan." He calls out and gathers Seebor and Gendra back to group up with him as he shouts to the other vikings to form the front line. Seebor joins you with his crusty looking Feraligatr and a tough looking Haxorus. As Gendra lands her Talonflame she recalls the bird and throws out four balls containing four smaller bird pokemon, an Oricorio of each style and they ready themselves in well-practiced synchronization. Owen recalls his wailord and calls out a Sawsbuck named Bambi to join Goro. He also reaches for a third pokeball, this one metallic looking but hesitates and puts it back. He then shouts out: "Incoming!" He calls out as the Gyarados crashes onto the scene. The battle is once again engaged and all of your pokemon, including the Empoleon, are ready for your first orders. What will you do?
They disembarked and the healing was complete, it would hold them over for a while but Jayson knew they'd need much more healing come the end of this battle. The Empoleon refused to search for its children, reasoning if the Gyarados wasn't stopped there would be no point anyway. Jayson agreed and was glad to have the female Empoleon's aid. Owen helped him organise their forces as everyone brought their teams out to try and stop the Gyarados in its tracks. Seebor brought out a Haxorus alongside his Feraligatr. Gendra summoned a quartet of dancing Oricorio, the Alolan birds surprised Jayson. He didn't think the species would be found around here, let alone the nectar the species need to feed on, but perhaps Gendra was more well travelled than he knew? Owen brings out a Sawsbuck alongside his Machamp, the powerful stag was draped in its winter coat. The captain considers releasing another Pokemon but hesitates, perhaps now wasn't the right time? Or maybe it was too risky of an option, he'd encountered a Pokemon like that before.... Either way, he trusted the captain's judgement.

The Gyarados had finally come onto land, it was now or never. "Balerion strike Thor with a Thunder Punch before taking off, pepper the Gyarados with Air Slashes. Ymir, give us an Aurora Veil. Sigurd, Thor and Thor, fire off Thunderbolts and Atalanta attack with Leaf Blade Arrows!" With his own Pokemon given orders, Jayson turns to the Empoleon. "Steady yourself for now, just boost up with a Swords Dance." He didn't want the Empoleon charging in just yet, it probably was best to see what the Gyarados was capable of first.
 
Top