1. Episode 14 of Bulbacast is now on YouTube. You can watch it right here.
  2. Hey everyone, confused about all the staff name changes? Want to get in on the villainy? Well then stop by here to see a list of staff name changes and to let us know what villain you will be theming this month! Happy Halloween from the forum staff!

Dialga's Gate: The Time Rift Zone

Discussion in 'Fizzy Bubbles' started by Astre, Mar 2, 2018.

  1. Astre

    Astre In Cold Blood

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2017
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    [​IMG]

    Alice Hope
    Kaito’s expression changed to one of bewilderment seeing you step in front of him. You may have told him you could protect yourself, but he was more than willing to be your knight in shining armor and protect you from this fearsome horned beast… by running as far and as fast as he could. But you weren’t that type of person, especially when another Pokemon was in trouble. With a determined look towards your bovine companion, you began to command it to attack the troublesome beast. The cow gave a confident stride forward, before flinging herself forwards slowly. The heavy Pokemon could certainly pack a punch, especially when slamming herself into her opponent and hitting it off guard.

    As Millie’s body made contact with the pinkened Rhyhorn, it skidded across the grass and dirt of the gardens, kicking up all sorts of plants. The Aipom glanced downwards upon feeling the tree cease it’s movement, spotting Millie standing across from the Rhyhorn, readying another strike. The purple monkey quickly looped it’s armed tail around the tree branch and swung it’s into Kaito’s arms. The Nihan native let out a small squeak of shock before the monkey jumped down and hid behind him, peaking out from behind his legs to watch how Millie would deal with this Rhyhorn. Kaito turned around, looking at the purple monkey.

    “Junpei! How many times do I have to tell you not to bother the grazing Rhyhorns?” Barked Kaito, his hands on his hips as he scolded the monkey. The Aipom shook it’s head in frustration, pointing towards the glazed-over eyes of the Rhyhorn --- trying to explain in any way it could to Kaito that something was very wrong. Kaito turned, noticing that the Rhyhorn seemed to be in some sort of trance as it turned to face Millie. It’s dopey expression remained as it charged forwards, Bulldozing it’s way through Millie. Although the hit didn’t do much to the bulky cow, she began to look mildly fatigued. It was clear that she was now much slower thanks to the hit to the legs.

    The Rhyhorn gave a menacing howl, screaming out at Millie as it Stomped forward driven by anger. It’s Stomping Tantrum made Millie wince as she was pummelled by the feet of her opponent.

    Millie’s surprise hit did a significant amount of damage! But it seems as though the Rhyhorn is still primed to fight. What do you do?


    Missingno. Master

    Gallus’ cocky smirk rained down on you from across the field. You could practically feel his shit-eating grin piercing you as your Heatmor regained it’s standing position. The Electivire mimicked it’s trainer quite well, placing it’s hands on it’s hips and glancing down at your Heatmor with the best possible smirk it could muster. Kyle’s eyes blazed with a fire that was reflected in your own eyes, if you couldn’t beat him with your usual tactics… why not try the same things he had done? Throw this Electvire into a momentary state of confusion and helplessness so that Kyle could prepare another attack. It was genius! (And as an added bonus it would totally wipe that stupid smirk off of Gallus’ face).

    Kyle opened wide, spitting a flurry of flames that trapped the smirking electric type within their midst. You watched with satisfaction as the smirk slowly dissipated from Gallus’ face, replaced with a grimace that was clear for the world to see. As the Electivire struggled in it’s spinning chamber of flames, Kyle quickly heightened it’s attack stat with an inspiring Hone Claws attack. As the flames slowly began to disappear, Kyle leaned backwards and using all his might punched the towering electric type in the jaw, sending it flying backwards. The crowd roared seeing Gallus’ Pokemon get knocked across the field, a spectacle that the people were rarely graced with.

    The Electivire slowly stood up, looking towards it’s master for direction. Gallus gave it a glare, causing the Electivire to wince and put up a Light Screen around itself --- hoping to keep the battle on for a little while longer, lest face punishment from it’s master. It seemed determine to knock Kyle down a peg to win back it’s master’s affections. With another glance towards Gallus, who was now holding a whip tightly in his claws, the Electivire rushed forwards Focusing it’s Energy in order to pack a rather powerful Thunder Punch into Kyle’s gut.

    Kyle winced, letting out a muffled yelp as the wind was quite literally knocked out of him. He shook slightly as paralysis encompassed his entire body, significantly lowering his speed.

    The Electivire is looking much worse for wear than Kyle, but with Kyle’s paralysis the odds could still shift in it’s favor. What do you do?


    Balmund

    “Something from the capital?” Asim wondered aloud, looking downwards at the shifting sands near her feet. “You’ve given me enough, Bel. Blessing me with your royal robes will certainly make me the talk of this town.” She gave a naïve smile, looking towards you with a sense of glee and wonderment in her eyes. “I do hope that you return in one piece though!”

    You gave a slight grimace of regret, knowing that the swirling sands of the desert could certainly be your downfall if you waded too far in and got lost. You pondered your next course of action, trying to decide the best route to take. As your foot hit the White Sands, you knew that this was real --- and it was certainly possible that you would never reach your destination and may instead become a leftover skeleton for some poor sucker to discover as they attempted to cross the desert like you had.

    As you walked through the White Sands, you realized that Asim was most certainly correct. There really was a whole lot of nothing out here. You understood why so many travellers got lost on their way through here, the only markers that indicated you were going in any specific direction were the lingering footprints of past travellers in the sand.

    As you trudged forwards, you noticed a glint from amongst the sand. Life? Out here? You had to admit even you were surprised by this notion. As you wandered towards the glint, something very quick and blue ran away. You realized that there was certainly something alive out here, but what? If it was a Pokemon, perhaps it would know it’s way around. Asim had told you to stay straight on the path, but following this blue blur would cause you to stray away.

    What do you do?



    OkikuMew

    Receiving a blessing was certainly a shock, but it made you feel safe and welcomed within the temple. With another meaningful bow, you took your leave from the statue and shut the door into the guest room that Junichi had left for you. As your head hit the pillow and you felt yourself slowly drift off to sleep, you felt a hand clutch your shoulder gently, shaking you awake.

    “My child, it is time for our departure.” Junichi’s soothing voice spoke, causing you to open your eyes slowly. It occurred to you that you really didn’t get the chance to have a real rest, but that was fine. Soon you’d be home, back in your own time so long as Junichi and you could get to the Temple of Dialga in one piece. As you sat up, Junichi looked at you with a warm smile. Gesturing you to the main room of the temple once again.

    “The temple of Dialga is a long trek from here, but we should be able to make it before nightfall as long as we don’t run into any trouble.” Junichi paused and looked out the window. “The weather looks tranquil today, with any luck we should have a safe passage.” He glanced at you as your eyes batted away the last of your tired whims. “We’ll have to cross through the Cherry Blossom Garden to get to the temple, but nothing much happens there.” He smiled slightly. “Just a few wild Pokemon, very little human involvement to be had.” With his last words spoken, he stood, gesturing for you to join him. With little knowledge in terms of where things were located in Niha, you stuck close to the priest --- ensuring that you didn’t lose sight of him as he lead you towards a vibrant pink field.

    “Cherry Blossom season is in full swing,” He murmured happily, taking a large breath of fresh air. As you followed him, taking in the sights for yourself, you heard some hushed grunting. Junichi paused, looking around for the source of the noise. He wandered slightly to the East, noticing two Lurantis training a Fomantis. The little Pokemon was the source of the grunts, as it seemed to be getting frustrated that it couldn’t chop down the saplings like it’s older companions could.

    Upon noticing you, the Pokemon gave a small glare --- signalling that you needed to back off or they would attack. However, the small one didn’t seem to have the same restraint. It jumped forward with glee, a Fury Cutter brimming in it’s small claws as it leapt.

    “Mélina! Look out!” Called Junichi, batting away the small creature with his cane and causing it to hit the ground with a rather distinguished thud. The Lurantis looked shocked, before charging forwards angrily.

    In saving you, it seems as though Junichi has set a horde upon you. What do you do?


    Maskerade
    The kitsune, a natural trickster god that was revered in these times seemed like a fitting name for this black fox who was terrorizing the locals. Although you had intentions to solve this conflict non-violently, the taunting voice in your head warned you that you knew exactly how this was going to go --- like it or not, you would probably have to resort to eliminating this poor creature. As you steeled yourself for this outcome, you began to make your way to where the locals had claimed it’s den was located.

    As you approached, you realized that having such a crowd around you might worry the small creature. With haste, you withdrew your Pokemon --- opting to confront this kitsune alone. As you drew towards the edge of the den, you noticed something very peculiar: That this den was abnormally large for just being some sort of fox den. It actually looked more akin to something man made, like a temple that had been buried for some time before this Zorua discovered it. As you inched closed, you slid your body carefully into the hole, noticing the intricate stone architecture and design of the walls that surrounded you. How far did this go? More importantly, what exactly had you discovered here? You steeled your will, moving forwards to force yourself deeper into the forgotten temple.

    “Ruh! Ruh!” You heard the familiar barks of the Zorua from up ahead, causing you to move with a little more haste in your step. It was now or never, and you had to deal with this bea-

    Your thoughts were very suddenly snuffed out by feeling your body tumble forwards, falling into some kind of pit that you hadn’t seen. Serves you right for not looking where you were going! As you straightened yourself out, the fall doing a number on your back, you looked around with a new sense of horror and dread.

    Skeletons. Hundreds of Skeletons lining the walls around you. You had fallen into some kind of crypt, and it looked as though the Zorua had been grinding it’s tiny teeth against the bones of these dead folks. As you shuddered, you noticed light up ahead. A way out? You couldn’t be sure. It was possible for you to climb back out of this hole… but your back certainly ached. Maybe it was better to just follow the light.

    What do you do?
     
  2. Missingno. Master

    Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    May 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1,793
    Likes Received:
    6
    The strategy was working, and quite beautifully. The Fire Spin kept Electivire occupied while Kyle powered up with Hone Claws and landed a powerful Fire Punch, one that actually sent the Electric-type flying across the battlefield. And the crowd was loving it! Keith grinned as the crowd roared their approval of what just happened. He couldn't help it- Kyle was battling so well!

    Electivire looked to Gallus for direction, and received it in the form of a sharp glare that may as well have been a Headbutt for all the flinching it caused. Kyle noticed this, and did not look too pleased. A Trainer who commanded his Pokémon's obedience through intimidation? A second look revealed that Gallus was now brandishing a whip, which only compounded the Heatmor's disdain for the man's methods.

    By no means was any of this lost on Keith, either. It was clear that Electivire's continued fighting for Gallus had nothing to do with mutual respect, but rather out of fear of getting whipped by the man, and by the look on his face, Keith did not approve in the slightest.

    Electivire was doing its thing, setting up a Light Screen to try and defend. Keith didn't see this as too much a problem- Kyle had plenty of physical moves to work with, and odds were this battle wasn't going to last much longer in any case. Then came the Focus Energy, followed by the Thunder Punch... the Thunder Punch that paralyzed Kyle!

    Keith grimaced at this development. Other than the paralysis, Kyle was faring way better than Electivire, but now that the Heatmor was paralyzed, bad timing could turn things in Electivire's favor.

    Kyle turned his head to meet Keith's gaze, and as they made eye contact, each knew the other was thinking the same exact thing. They had to end this battle, and end it quick. And end it in their favor- show Gallus that his way was wrong, that mutual respect and trust between Trainer and Pokémon was how things were best done. And as far as they both were concerned, the best way to achieve all of that at once was doable, and doable now, the key to it all resting on Keith's left wrist.

    Keith gave a nod. "Let's do this," he said. "Time to show them our true power!"

    "Mor!" agreed Kyle.

    "Then here we go!" Keith exclaimed, moving his arms as he'd done so many times before. Or... would in the future... grammar and time travel really did not mix. Regardless, the movements got the Poisonium Z set into his Z-Ring gleaming bright as Z-Power was generated.

    "Heatmor!" responded Kyle, the Fire-type copying Keith's movements.

    "Our minds, our spirits, linked as one!" Keith was saying as he moved. "A power as intense as the Plague Swamp of Cascadia! Feel the poison- BE the poison!"

    "Mooooooooor!" bellowed Kyle, feeling the Z-Power flow through him. It charged him up, powering up his Gunk Shot move, turning it into something spectacular.

    "Do it, Kyle!" Keith declared. "Acid Downpour, go!!!"


     
  3. Maskerade

    Maskerade Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    Messages:
    392
    Likes Received:
    12
    As it turned out, the Zorua had made home in an abandoned human temple. Ironic, then, that the fox would be so unwelcome in another temple where prayers were still offered, but such was the conflicting nature of humans...

    What Gods were worshiped here? This architecture... Remarkable work, but to whom is this dedicated?

    At the end of the day, it mattered little - he had come here exclusively to deal with the kitsune, and he had turned his back on the Gods a long time ago when he became a heretic alchemist.

    I can't forget what I'm dealing with. The ultimate trickster... I should question everything I see from here on out, even if it's not a full-grown Zoroark. I must...

    As Hemlock steeled his mind, he lost sight of where he was actually going, and before he knew it, he'd fallen down a pit.

    Right. That hole was quite real. Back pain's real too...

    Suddenly, he was no longer surrounded by the exquisitely sculpted walls of the unknown temple. Instead, countless skeletons now kept him company, which could only mean he had entered a crypt of some sort. Which, in reality, only made him more curious about what kind of deities used to be worshiped up above...

    Are you sure you don't want to stay a while longer? The similarities between you and them are uncanny, after all.

    Ever the mocking god, Kami was seemingly enjoying himself quite a lot. Hemlock, in turn, couldn't help but agree with the Alakazam somewhat - under normal circumstances he, too, should be long dead by now.

    Even here, Hemlock could see traces of Zorua's presence, tiny teeth marks forever etched on the bones. And up ahead, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel, calling to him. Of course, it only called to him because the alternative was hiking his way back up, and the old man really wasn't feeling it.

    Zorua... I'm going to find you, and I'm going to help you, even if you hide behind your Illusions. I'm not doing this for the people of Niha; something tells me you're the one who needs protection.

    Fueled by this conviction, baseless as it was, Hemlock proceeded along the crypt, heading for the light.
     
  4. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    TheKnightsFury
    As the Mega-Gyarados crashes forward the first resistance it meets is the front guard of machoke. Owen calls for Goro to join his brethren and they meet the Gyarados grabbing at it and smacking with karate chops, low kicks and wake up slaps. The gyarados reels back a bit, it would seem that the Dark-typing of a typical mega Gyarados held true here. But you can feel the air pressure drop as it inhales and breathes out hurricane force winds onto the fighting types, blowing nearly all of them away with one move. Goro was one of the few who managed to hold on although he looks in a bad way. With a mighty leap he is suddenly in the gyarados' face giving his best close combat combo. The Gyarados flinches at the number of punches and spins once using its tail to smack the machamp into the ground, leaving a trench a good dozen meters long. Owen just sighs and recalls the machamp from where it landed. "So much for the front guard."

    As this was happening though you and your forces have been given the chance to mobilize. Balerion and Thor start you off with an epic fist bump of thunderous proportions. The lightning is absorbed into Thor's tails and his form begins to buzz ad his speed increases. Balerion then takes to the sky and Gendra calls out to her birds, having the four follow him. All 5 in sync begin to rain down air slashes towards the gyarados. As this happens Ymir begins to launch his aurora veil as before, there's just one problem: it isn't hailing. You and Ymir realize this at the same time. It seems the rain brought by this monster is stronger than the natural hail your fossil would bring. Undeterred though, Ymir joins Thor and Sigurd in delivering a triply powered Thunderbolt. The attack leaves a streak of black across the water type's flank. The rest join in with Atlantala firing her leaf blade arrows, Bambi firing off Energy Balls, and Seebor's pokemon launching dragon pulses. All of the attacks are impacting decidedly on the gyarados and leaving tiny marks and scratches across its body, but none are leaving much more than that then the combined thunderbolts. With your last order to the Empoleon she nods and begins sharpening her flippers on each other. The Gyarados looks recovered from Goro's final blow and ready to attack, what will you do now?
     
  5. Liltwick

    Liltwick Potato of Light

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2015
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    0
    Big5-

    You spend your time with your starter Pokemon, roasting some fish you bought from the market and discussing your next point of action. After some contemplation, you decide on going to explore the boat you'll be spending the next week or so of your life on. After all, it's best to familiarize yourself with your surroundings, especially if you're going to defend it.

    Making your way towards the docks, you see the ship still docked, and its plank open for you to go in. After a small nod to the guard, you make your way up the ship onto the main deck. The ship itself feels like a merchant vessel, with oars coming out of the side for the workers to row the boat for when the wind is not optimal. The sails are currently down, but there seems to be a rope ladder towards where the sails are and the sails themselves seem to be able to capture a lot of wind. Making your way deeper into the ship, you see a galley and the way to the living quarters. You assume that is where you'll be staying for your trip, since the ship doesn't exactly look like it has the luxury to support you.

    Another set of stairs and you see the rowing room, with benches set up and the long oar paddles hanging out of their slots. On the opposite side of this section of the ship is the cargo hold, filled with a variety of goods from Greca to send back to Egya. Spices, fruits, and cloths seem to be the main thing within the cargo hold from a small glance. Seeing nothing else of interest, you return to the main deck of the ship. You see the merchant making his way onto the ship, and he waves at you.

    "Hello sir! I see you have familiarized yourself with the ship yes? Good, good. We shall be heading off at dawn. There is a small alcove for our mercenaries and other passengers in the living quarters. I hope you see it to your liking," he says before walking towards his own quarters, which are located on the main deck. With the layout in mind and a time of when you'll be heading out, it seems the voyage will be beginning soon.

    What do you do?
     
  6. TheKnightsFury

    TheKnightsFury New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    The Machoke were wiped out in almost an instant and Goro soon followed. Jayson didn't expect them to last long, but he had hoped for longer than that. The Gyarados attacked with tremendous strength, if any of his own Pokemon took one of those attacks it would be game over. If they could hinder the Gyarados, even a little, it might mean the difference between life and death. It was time to apply some defensive measures. "Atalanta, Feather Dance", Jayson turned to look at Gendra, "Gendra get your Pokemon to join in on the dance!" That would weaken the Gyarados's physical assaults, but they still had to deal with the special ones, especially the Hurricanes. "Thor set up a Light Screen, that should at least protect some of us. Sigurd, Ymir, concentrate a Thunder Wave, on the Gyarados. If they could paralyse it, even partially, they would have a better chance of avoid its attacks. Jayson wasn't sure what to get the Empoleon to do, if attacks were coming their way though, maybe they could turn some of the Gyarados's strength back on itself. "Empoleon, Bide through the Gyarados's attacks before returning fire!"

    Once the Gyarados attacked, they would then have another opportunity to attack. Thor, Sigurd and Ymir would continue to serve up Thunderbolts, while Balerion would continue to pepper it from above with Air Slashes and Atalanta would add her Leaf Blades to the mix. Jayson hoped they'd be able to weather the storm long enough to see an opening, a weakness that they could exploit to give them a fighting chance in this battle against a titan.
     
  7. Myles II

    Myles II Aka Heather

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    1

    Mint gave a sigh of relief as Anorith turned out to be a little less enduring than she had initially expected, the combination of Rolling and Triple Kick proving to be just too much for it to handle. Taking her prize money from the man, she and Masud quickly ran around the corner the Trapinch had disappeared behind,


    Going through the various hallways after any glimpse of orange, an odd sensation of clarity came over Mint as she thought of what to do, remembering now that she had a Trapinch of her own. With that, she made a mental note to write additional notes on the fact that she hadn't recalled that before. Perhaps traveling through a raw time rift unaided wasn't the best idea for one's integrity of mind. She had seen that blue box when falling, after all. Perhaps someone else had been using that to stave off such ills?


    At last, however, the wild Trapinch took a wrong turn, or at least a wrong turn for its want of escape, as the beastie was left with no escape route at last. While Mint thought about battling it, she had had another idea while she'd been coming this way, once her head had cleared. Recalling Pastinha, she reached into her pack, taking out her one all-red Cherish Ball, and released Bantu in front of the critter. Bantu looked up at Mint quizzically, not sure what to make of his at once natural yet unfamiliar surroundings.


    "Hey, Bantu, what would you normally eat in the wild? I don't think paper is the healthiest thing you could eat, right? Why don't you try helping this guy find some real food?" she asked with a gentle voice, ensuring the wild Trapinch knew she wasn't intending to battle it. Perhaps if she could get this Trapinch hooked on some other food source, it would stop plaguing the Library's papers...
     
  8. Mr.Penguin

    Mr.Penguin New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    -Intro-
    Peng adjusts his multi-faceted fishing hat as he glares towards the sun. "Perhaps it would have been better to take a wider brimmed cap for the trip." While the sweat glistened off of Peng's face, he assured himself that he was still holding his first catch, Krabby, on his belt loop. The familiar feel of the Pokeball was enough to help Peng bring his feet off of the transport boat and onto dry land. "Wow! Heroth sort of looks like home, but a lot bigger and grander! I feel like a Goldeen out of water." The hustle and bustle of the small Town of Heroth reminded Peng of his small fishing village as he peered across the expanse of community in front of him. Even though he was concerned, Peng took some steps toward the marketplace wrestling thoughts of anxiety and awe.

    "I know with Krabby by my side, I can fish up even more adventures. My Ma and Pa taught me anything tough best be fun or I'd rather be fishing with small Pokemon food in a puddle."
     
  9. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    TheKnightsFury

    The Gyarados looms down over you, your Pokemon and your allies. You know with that kind of attack power a direct hit could prove dangerous to any one of your pokemon, or even lethal if it happened to his one of the humans. But you have an Idea and have your bird pokemon fly up and start flinging her softer down feathers toward the massive water type. You call out to Gendra and she catches your drift. "You got it! Girls! Diamond formation!" She calls out and the Alolan pokemon take their places around Atlantala like she had been part of their act all along. Soon the gyarados is covered in feathers. If the situation wasn't dire, it might almost be humorous, though the humor would fade quickly as similar to the Mud Sport from earlier the feathers seemed to be starting to wear off from the rain. As you shout out defensive orders the Gyarados moves to act. It swings its massive tail toward your party and a massive twister is formed. Ymir and Thor barely get their moves off before the wind impacts you all. Most of you and your pokemon are blown off your feet, though are quickly able to recover. The only one who weathered the hit was Empoleon, bracing herself and biding her time to strike. The aerial pokemon seemed to have taken the attack a bit rougher than the rest despite the Light Screen but the only casualty was Seebor's Haxorus who the blow was super effective towards. You do notice that the thunder wave is lingering on the side where it impacted on the massive pokemon but like a small dose of poison wouldn't kill a Tauros it seems that a single dose wouldn't be enough to completely paralyze the massive pokemon. You and your allies resume your offense of super effective moves. The repeated assault is finally beginning to show signs of wear on the gyarados as it reels back in pain. If you kept this up you might just win the day, but only if you can keep up this firepower. But your gut suddenly drops as first, you see ice form around the fangs of the gyarados, before it rushes at Atlantala. But the bird pokemon is smashed out of the way by Owen's Sawsbuck Bambi at his trainer's behest before getting caught in the jaws of the beast himself, fainting soon after and being recalled just as fast. You still have your party but everyone, particularly Balerion and Thor are getting close to their last legs. What will you do now? Will your strategy change?

    Myles II
    Making the sudden realization that you already had a trapinch of your own, you ponder what to do with this new one as you chase it down. You could catch it, but then you'd just have two Trapinch. Perhaps the raw time stream isn't the best thing for the brain. But finally, you managed to corner it. After thinking it over you recall your Hitmontop and replace it with your own Trapinch. You ask yours what they would typically eat, assuming paper isn't typically a part of the Ground type's natural diet. However, despite your own calm voice and your trained pokemon's well-behaved demeanor, as Bantu tries to approach the wild Trapinch lets out a hiss. Sprocket chimes in with the pokedex entry for Trapinch: "Trapinch, the Ant Pit Pokémon. Trapinch dig cone-shaped holes in desert areas. Its large and powerful jaws are capable of crushing stones." He then muses that due to this unique hunting style, there's a chance that some Trapinch could be more territorial than others, especially to another of the species. The wild Trapinch begins to paw at the hardened dirt ground and soon begins to churn it up. It launches a mud slap toward Bantu, striking the young pokemon unawares and giving it the distraction it needs to begin digging in earnest into the ground. The orange pokemon soon disappears leaving a mound of dirt behind and soon you are left alone. You sigh and are about to turn to say something when suddenly the floor collapses underneath you. Your Egyian friend reaches out to try and grab you but misses and you fall into darkness. You don't fall long though and land without much injury alongside your pokemon, though the other Trapinch is nowhere to be found. It is dark and the only light you have comes from Sprocket's screen, not nearly enough to see by. But with it you can tell you are in a corridor. One that extends in front of you and behind you into yet more darkness. What will you do? Which way will you go?
     
  10. Myles II

    Myles II Aka Heather

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    1
    Mint knew something was wrong the moment the wild Trapinch began to hiss at her. She tried to reassure it, but Sprocket interrupted her.

    "Due to their unique hunting style, some wild Trapinch may be territorial, especially towards others of their species." the Rotom Dex supplied, and it was at that moment that Mint knew she had probably made a grave mistake with her plan of action, and that she noticed that the Trapinch had been angrily pawing at the ground, churning and softening the ground beneath her, and when her sandals began to sink in a bit, she knew she had really messed things up.

    All at once, the wild Trapinch threw a Mud Slap in Bantu's face, causing him to bellow what sounded like a curse in that strange tongue neither Mint nor Sprocket could understand. Before he could retaliate, however, the ground seemed to fall away beneath them. Mint thrust her arm backward, trying to grab onto Masud if she could, but both of the youths ended up swinging wide of each other.

    Mint plummeted into the darkness below, landing facefirst in sand once again, this time of the muddy sort. Picking herself up, Sprocket and Celeste both flew or floated down to join her and Bantu at the bottom of the shallow, but nonetheless dark pit. Looking around in what little light Sprocket's screen could provide, Mint could tell they were in a corridor of some sort, which extended in front of and behind her. Taking a few tentative steps forward, Mint looked around for the wild Trapinch, but it seemed it had escaped this pit somehow. Mint elected to return Bantu for now, as well as Celeste, to the latter's mild displeasure. In return, she rummaged in her bag for a particular Luxury Ball, releasing her Gallade.

    "Heimdall, stay close." Mint instructed, the Gallade nodding. "Be ready for anything to come at us in the dark." she continued as she took a few tentative steps, finding the ground away from the site of her fall to be firmer, blessedly. Heimdall stood beside but slightly ahead of her, though he kept alert for anything coming from behind as well, as the pair slowly proceeded forward into the dark corridor.
     
  11. TheKnightsFury

    TheKnightsFury New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    The Pokemon owned by his Scandian allies seemed to be saving his Pokemon at every turn. Atalanta would have been done for if it wasn't for Bambi bumping her out of the way. The Gyarados was starting to tire, the Feather Dance had reduced its strength but it wouldn't hold long, they had to take advantage of this opportunity. His own Pokemon were starting to tire, especially Balerion and Thor. They needed to land a decisive blow now, one that would leave the Mega Gyarados reeling. The Thunder Wave had only affected part of the Gyarados, they'd need something else to hold it in place. Jayson looked to his wrist, a faint glow from the Groundium Z Crystal caught his eye. If they could use the power of the Z Move to put the Gyarados in a hole, its ability to attack and avoid them would be inhibited. "Gendra! Get your Oricorio to give Sigurd a Helping Hand!" Jayson held up his wrist, activating his Z Move. "Alright Sigurd, time to shake the earth to its very core,Tectonic Rage!"

    "Everyone, once the Gyarados is restrained we need to hit it with all we've got! "Ymir hit it with Freeze Dries, Balerion gone in for a Dynamic Punch to its head. Atlanta drain it with Giga Drains, Thor loose Thunderbolts!" They were likely backing the Gyarados into a corner, meaning there was a fair chance this plan could come back to bite them in the arse. They had to risk it though, they needed to come out on top.
     
  12. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Myles II
    You find yourself in a darkened corridor below the library. The Trapinch you were tasked to deal with is nowhere to be found. Your guide and only real acquaintance Masud was left on the surface. It seems that things are a little bleak. But you recall Celeste and Bantu and replace their presence with a much more... reassuring one. A big, strong, Gallade named Heimdall. While the fully evolved pokemon isn't particularly better at seeing in the dark than any of the other pokemon, its psychic typing should at least be able to sense any incoming threats. You take a few cursory steps forward and find the ground much more stable feeling than the library, not that the library floors felt particularly unstable but you at least have a little more assurance in this floor. After all, if it was going to crumble, it would have done it when you impacted right? As long you don't let the structural integrity get disturbed by another digging pokemon, things should be ok. You move forward with Heimdall carefully for around 30 minutes when the hall seems to open up. It's still hard to see but you can tell that you have come to a large room, you can see the shape poles at regular intervals on the walls, a flat table like structure in the middle of the room, and across the way you can see darkness. A quick glance at the walls reveals that there is some writing but without a light source it is intelligable, but you can also tell with closer examinations that the poles are actually torches, you just need to light them. What will you do?

    TheKnightsFury
    You watch in appreciation as your Scandian allies repeatedly save your pokemon's skin. But you get a dread in the pit of your stomach that this luck and generosity isn't gonna last much longer. It's time to deliver a decisive blow, and with a look to the brown glint on your wrist, you think you have your answer. You'll only get one shot, so it has to count. With another shout to Gendra she looks confused for a moment but she seems to recognize the beginnings of your pose with wide eyes. "Aye, you really can pick 'em Seebor. Come on girls, Helping hand!" She calls out to her bird quartet. But the Gyarados doesn't stay idle while you prepare your killing blow and brings its tail coated in water sweeping towards the four pokemon and Sigurd. The tail sweeps through the red and yellow birds and is about to impact on Sigurd but it stops just short. The scene is confused as to what stopped the tail when it's revealed: two water starters gripping it, Seebor's old gnarled feraligatr, and Mama Empoleon, now glowing even brighter as her bided energy continues to build. This allowed you and Sigurd to finish setting up with the remaining Oricorio and launch the Z-Move. As Sigurd's aura blazes he reaches above his head before slamming his arms into the ground sending a crack in ground towards the massive gyarados. It reaches and spreads out in cracks from under the water type but the cracks formed and despite the massive weight of the gyarados it doesn't seem to have trapped it any... Until the Empoleon unleashed her energy. She blasts out a white beam blasting the gyarados in the neck, knocking its head back harshly and causing it to shift its weight and the ground beneath it to finish crumbling leaving it somewhat trapped and the river spilling into the new valley. The Empoleon is panting heavily but in uplifting news, the Gyarados also seems to be panting. It roars again but this roar sounds distinctly more scared. It rears its head back again and despite the roaring rain everyone's mouth goes dry, as if the moisture is being sucked away. Suddenly there is a pillar of water cutting through the battlefield like one of those high water pressure metal cutters. The remaining Oricorio are blasted into the ground due to their frailty. And due to their type weaknesses Balerion and Ymir fall despite the light screen. You are still able to recall them safely however as Owen pulls that Pokeball back out. As Atlantala and Thor continue to blast away, with your Grass pokemon's wounds beginning to heal from the draining effects, Owen throws out the pokeball, which as you see it fly through the air is not one of the apricorn ball that have been common in this time period, but a somewhat pristine Luxury ball. And out comes a pokemon you know is not from this era. A Porygon-Z appears from the ball and Owen shouts out. "Tron! Signal beam!" And Gendra and Seebor look on in wonder as if they hadn't seen this pokemon before. The beam strikes alongside your own pokemon's moves and Feraligatr's dragon pulses but the Gyarados is still fighting back, if noticeably weakened from before. But thanks to Sigurd's Z move, it now has no where to go. What will you do now?
     
  13. TheKnightsFury

    TheKnightsFury New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    70
    Likes Received:
    0
    Balerion and Ymir were recalled, the two had been fighting a type weakness and at this point in the fight it proved too much for them. They'd helped get the Gyarados into this bind, now it was Jayson's duty to put an end to it. Sigurd managed to successfully pull off the Z Move, only thanks to Seebor's Feraligatr and the Mama Empoleon. There was a distinct change in the Mega Gyarados's behaviour, it was clearly on the ropes. They had to be careful however, this was likely when the beast would be at its most dangerous. Owen released a Porygon-Z from a Pokeball, much to Jayson's surprise. Porygon were a man made Pokemon, there was no way one should have existed in this time. The Luxury Ball was also an anomaly, who was Owen exactly? Had he come from Jayson's time or had he perhaps claimed it from another time traveller? He'd work that out later, for now they had the Gyarados to deal with.

    With only three of his own Pokemon left, Jayson had to think wisely. They'd been keeping their distance from the Mega Gyarados, but now with its movement restricted, perhaps it was time to change that..... "Sigurd, Thor, Teleport, onto its back!" The pair gave Jayson a nod, they could sense his plan. "Sigurd alternate between Drain Punch and Leaf Blade, Thor alternate between Cross Chop and Thunder Punch!" While the pair took on the Gyarados at close quarters, everyone else would need to give it all they could. "Everyone we need to finish this now! Give it all you've got, hold nothing back! Atalanta Leaf Storm, Empoleon use another Swords Dance, then Atalanta join Empoleon and deliver a pair of Sky Attacks to its head!"
     
  14. Myles II

    Myles II Aka Heather

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    1
    Mint felt a chill go down her spine as the footsteps of both her and her companion echoed through the corridor. Besides such sounds, it was quiet. Too quiet. Something was up here, Mint felt. Suddenly, the wall came away from Mint's hand, and she snapped to attention, realizing that she had come to a chamber of some sort. In the dark, Mint could only tell that the room was positively huge, the other end was in the gullet of the pervasive darkness that enshrouded the room. Something hung on the walls at regular intervals, and some sort of flat implement stood in the middle, at least by width, Mint had no idea just how far back the room went.

    Deciding to stay away from the middle for a while, Mint studied the walls. She could make out that some manner of writing adorned the stone surface, but without a proper amount of light, she couldn't really read any of it to even figure out if it was in another language or not. Running her fingers over the surface, she found the stone to be smooth, rendering her incapable of trying to feel out what was written. She cursed her horrid luck, as Heimdall tapped her shoulder.

    These things on the wall appear to be torches. If I were to light them, we might be able to see more. The Gallade said plainly via his telepathy, and Mint's expression immediately brightened (not that that helped the room to light up any).

    "Great! I'll stick with you then, you just light them with Flamethrower." Mint said, following Heimdall as he nodded and went to light the torches closest to them.
     
  15. Biggggg5

    Biggggg5 New Member

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2013
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    TheKnightsFury
    The rain continues to pound, and despite it, you can still feel the sweat on your brow as you can tell that the battle is reaching its climax. And as you ponder Owen's origins you decide that it would be best to save those thoughts for later and that its time for a drastic move. You call out your orders and your human allies all look at you with varying amounts of concern. Gendra looks shocked. "Are you crazy?!" Seebor gives a grin that would make his Feraligatr jealous and calls out. "Now that's a plan! We got the front!" He has his reliable pokemon blast the Gyarados with more dragon pulses as Gendra has her remaining birds swarm its face with more air slashes. Owen just nods to you. "Ok Tron Lock-On and then as many Zap Cannons as you can manage!" He calls out. The Porygon Z's eyes glow green as it scans the Gyarados with several reticules appearing on its skin before launching several yellow and black orbs of electricity homing in on the beast. As they do Thor and Sigurd nod to each other before pressing two fingers to their foreheads and teleporting onto the back of the Gyarados. It hasnt seemed to notice them as it unleashes another hydro pump to cut through the battlefield, finally finishing off Seebor's feraligatr having tanked a ton of damage for everyone. Thor and Sigurd begin to lay into the back of the gyarados and it suddenly is very aware of where they are. As empoleon charges up with another swords dance Atlantala pulls back a single arrow and fires it into the sky. It sails into the air before splitting into a storm that blots out the light for a moment as it collides into the face of the gyarados as it lets out another pained and tired roar. Atlantala and Empoleon then begin to glow, but as they charge the Gyarados starts thrashing about in desperation and Outrage. Gendra's remaining birds are knocked out of the sky and while Sigurd is able to hold on due to the health regained from the drain punches, Thor gets bucked and impacts the ground near you. He doesn't get back up. But as he impacts the two birds launch at the beast and two flaming birds smash into its face, knocking its head back before it collapses to the ground. At first, there is a moment of tension as you think you've won. But crushing disappointment as it rises back up. But the air is different, while electricity from the zap cannons still circles it, it makes sluggish movements to turn around, and begins to head back to the ocean. It seems to be attempting to flee, and when you go to see what Owen wants to do, he isn't there, but Thor's fainted body is where he was. At a quick glance, it seems Owen wasn't badly hurt, but knocked unconscious from the collision. A little unsure, Gendra and Seebor look to you, the next strongest trainer and the only one with pokemon left. Sigurd reappears next to you with another quick teleport. What will you do? Will you show it mercy and allow the Gyarados to flee? Or take it down once and for all?

    Myles II
    After coming upon this room you decide to avoid the structure in the center for the time being. After a quick examination, your trusty Gallade identifies the torches on the walls as such and even offers to light one. After you give the go-ahead, he lights the first one and begins moving for the second, but the scent of burning oil hits your nose as the other torches eerily light up on their own. You brace yourself for something more to happen as if you triggered something but nothing comes, and a quick examination that the torches are simply connected by some kind of shared lantern oil pool. And luckily the room is now illuminated and you can see the entirety of it. The structure in the center draws your attention. It doesn't seem to be an altar, as one might have assumed due to its size and shape, but actually seems to be a sarcophagus. It is shorter than you'd assume for an adult, so it must contain a smaller pokemon or child. While not made of gold like a pharaoh's it does seem to be made of a quality lesser metal and decorations carved into it. There are simple caricatures of Pyramids, Shinx at the same scale of the pyramids, flying discs with smaller people and pokemon below it and on the lid seems to be a rendition of what lies inside, a Beheeyem. After taking it in you recall the writing you saw and look closer at it. It seems a stark contrast to the hieroglyphics decorating the sarcophagus as it is Unown Runes. {Link Here}. You take them in and must to decide what to do next, the exit opposite of where you entered now seems more lit, and you could explore back the hallway opposite from where you fell, though it'd be a bit of a trek. Or if your curiosity is too strong you might examine the sarcophagus more. What will you do?
     
  16. Myles II

    Myles II Aka Heather

    Blog Posts:
    0
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    1

    Mint braced herself as the acrid smell of burning oil hit her nose, as the apparently shared oil between the torches quickly lit up the rest of the room. Also suspecting this might trigger something, Heimdall rushed to Mint's side, until finally they realized nothing was coming. Looking around the now well-lit room, Mint saw that the object at it's center was not an altar as she'd thought, but rather a sarcophagus, though by no means a well-made one as one might usually expect, and much too small to be a human's. The pair of them creeping up to examine the coffin, it seemed decorated with hieroglyphics that Mint wasn't quite studied enough to decipher, though she did quickly note down basic descriptions of what the pictures were in order of their appearance. As she hurriedly scribbled her notes, she remembered the writing on the wall that she had hoped to read, and once she was finished, turned back to see a sight both blessed and ominous.


    Unown "runes," as the script was sometimes called, were very easy to decipher, being the basis of most modern language. The catch and blessing in one was that their presence nearly always indicated some manner of divine entanglement, meaning one wrong step could land a hapless soul in some divinely hot water. Mint's eyes lit up at the thought of all the potential connections she could make from the presence of Unown script here. Best to know what was up, however, so as to avoid potentially invoking the wrath of any gods for one, but also to know which gods might be referenced here. Mint read the script aloud.


    "Disturb not the revered keeper of knowledge lest you incur the sun lions wrath but solve his puzzle and be rewarded with his history."


    Mint mulled it over. As much as the "sun lion" would most likely refer to Solgaleo, the "beast of sun" from another world, depicted always in the shape of a large lion with a sun-shaped mane in all its lore, the beast had not previously been referenced in Unown script to modern knowledge, its only main lore found in the pages of an old book known as "The Light Of Alola." But this "keeper of knowledge..." Ordinarily, she would think it would refer to the Beheeyem depicted on the sarcophagus, but if this was in Unown script rather than hieroglyphs or some other ancient rune, it more likely referred to Uxie. Could this be a time before Uxie and the rest took up residence at the lakes of Sinnoh? Mint mulled it over a few moments longer, but decided it would be best to figure out the truth by taking on the puzzle. But first, given the original nature of her mission here, she'd be remiss...


    "Sprocket, get pictures of this Unown script, if you would, a potential reference to Solgaleo in it could be a landmark finding and I am not leaving without proof of it!" Mint instructed her Rotom Dex, who made some kind of salute before snapping pictures of all the texts, as well as if the room in general besides, as Mint continued to think on what she'd read, the three of them proceeding to the far doorway. Generally, Solgaleo was regarded in the mythological community as a mere powerful alien Pokemon like Deoxys rather than a deity in its own right, due to not being found in any Unown scriptures. However, if it was truly mentioned here, it could change a lot of the attitudes surrounding both it and Lunala, as the two were inextricably linked. If it referenced something else, however...then what?


    Reaching the doorway, she instructed Sprocket to stay behind her as she and Heimdall warily stepped forward to receive the trial prepared for them.