• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond/Pearl: 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
CoroCoro scan.

Headline: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl: working towards a 2006 release!

It's late, so I won't translate further, but I'm sure this will keep the discussion going for a while.

Like, what quarter of 2006?

And what is up with the screen of Seviper and Zangoose being traded about?

Unknown.

Should have guessed they'd miss the 3-year anniversary of R/S when they announced "starting development" so late. (Just a few weeks ago, IIRC.)

The Zangoose-Seviper trade is a message telling you to finish collecting all the Pokémon, because it just might be possible to trade to DS.

SO, when do you think is a liely time to expect the game, like next summer, or May?

I was thinking, well, February 2006, since that would be the tenth anniversity of the entire series, wouldn't it?

I guess that's a nice target. My my, ten years of Pokémon already. How time flies.

I posted this on Serebii, and I'm not saying he or you is wrong, but he says that their is nothing about Diamond and Pearl's targeted release date..

NVERMIND: Serebii just said he saw it too.

Do you think Corocoro will start to have D/P info now?

I believe this is understandable considering the DS game releases and the consumer feedback in japan. Giving the game a few months time will give them a chance to hype it up appropreately for a release. The game has actually dropped off the top 10 (and 20 too if I remember right) from famitsu's most wanted list, so if it is revealed sometime or at least in bits and pieces, then it will have a chance to get back to the top.

Then we also have XD coming in August, and I thought August was too close to November, making a possible substitution if the game doesn't turn out to be that great. Then there is the fact that there are a lot of games, especially first party games to come out around then so Pokemon DP can kill the hype on it.

Well, at least I guess we can expect that Corocoro will start to slowly reveal D/P Info probably now.

That would be cool if they showed 1 new Pokemon every issue.

Not surprising. I expected a March 2006 release. With the US release coming in June 2006, problably. Although possibly earlier, if they have a team translating the script as they write it. Which is possible for future known international releases.

I'm saying LATE 2006. If for no other reason than to set it back as far as possible and make anything earlier a nice surprise.

MistyIRC said:
Need I say it?
I think you better!

I told you so! o/~

For some reason I knew you would say that. However I must say that the only thing this news has me worried about is that we'll probably be put in the dark on this title until the next festa. However I'm hoping we at least get new monsters this weekend or runing video (preferably monsters or gameplay features).

Alas, the one thing I failed to see, but everyone else did. Oh well, at least all this time I've been spending filling my dex has not been in vain.

I just had a vision
Diamond and Pearl will not live up to be the game it was suppose to be

so I didn't have a vision, but that would be horrible if it happened

all these delays are worrying me...

Yeah, and I don't think gamefreak would let this game come out bad (or any of their games at this point) because they probably don't want to tranis thier name. Most of the bad pokemon games were made by other developers so yeah.

I was not surprized by this news, the lack of information up to this point was a pretty huge give away. And while I think a feb '06 release for Daimond/Pearl would be ideal, I suspect a summer '06 release in Japan, and a fall release in the US.

I hate to admit it but you are probably right...which sucks...but I bet it will be worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom