• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond & Pearl Anniversary

Happy 14 years of Diamond and Pearl in North America! And I’m excited for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl this year! I want to see the new renders of Roar of Time and Spacial Rend for Dialga and Palkia. Are you guys thinking of choosing Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup this time?

Happy 14 years of Diamond and Pearl in North America! And I’m excited for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl this year! I want to see the new renders of Roar of Time and Spacial Rend for Dialga and Palkia. Are you guys thinking of choosing Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup this time?
You might be interested in this thread:

I still remember a friend of mine coming back from vacation in 2007 and bringing both Diamond and Pearl (it was one of those packs with both games at a discount price). I just went wtf when i saw them and decided to save up money for a DS and a Pearl copy.

Still got that Pearl copy with the only save it ever had, clocking at 800 hours.

I still remember a friend of mine coming back from vacation in 2007 and bringing both Diamond and Pearl (it was one of those packs with both games at a discount price). I just went wtf when i saw them and decided to save up money for a DS and a Pearl copy.

Still got that Pearl copy with the only save it ever had, clocking at 800 hours.

Your friend should have given you one of their copies instead of hoarding them both haha! 800 hours is impressive, I don't think I've ever clocked up that many hours on a save file because I always end up starting a new game before then.

I didn't have a DS when Diamond and Pearl came out, but one of my friends had Pearl, and we used to play it together sometimes. Seeing the game in action for the first time really left an impression on me - everything looked so spiffed up and modern compared to my copies of Ruby, LeafGreen and Emerald.

I was there when my friend defeated Cynthia - that was a memorable experience! I had my copy of Pokemon World magazine with me, which had a guide to Sinnoh's Elite Four, so I was giving him advice about type match-ups and what Pokemon to use. It felt like a joint effort.

Your friend should have given you one of their copies instead of hoarding them both haha!
I think his father would have been less than thrilled given that it was him that bought the pack for his son. :p

800 hours is impressive, I don't think I've ever clocked up that many hours on a save file because I always end up starting a new game before then.
To be fair, Pearl kind of became my go to game to breed pokemon for playthroughs on Platinum and Soulsilver. Having Bagon early on is pretty fun. Plus a lot of time making teams to go as far as possible on the Battle Tower.

I was there when my friend defeated Cynthia - that was a memorable experience! I had my copy of Pokemon World magazine with me, which had a guide to Sinnoh's Elite Four, so I was giving him advice about type match-ups and what Pokemon to use. It felt like a joint effort.
Lol we had a similar experience, but we had no guide. Instead it was us guessing the typings of Lucario and Garchomp (the latter was clearly Dragon, but we didn't knew it was also Ground). I vividly remember telling my friend to go for a psychic move on Lucario assuming it was Fighting (and it is), but only for the hit to be neutral. When we found out it was also Steel we kind of did a double take to ensure we were reading its typing right.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom