• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond & Pearl Anniversary

Energybender

Reaction score
I forgot to mention this. Wednesday, April 22nd was the two-year anniversary of the release of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Versions. Also, it is interesting to note that Platinum was released exactly a month before this date.

2 years? is it just me or is D/P/Pt games and anime turning out to run the longest of any games and anime saga or was there any that ran longer?

I just like it because a turtle/ chimp/ and penguin were the starters BUT WHY DO PEOPOLE CHOOSE TURTWIG OR PIPLUP!!!?

Wow! This is very hard to believe! It seems like yesterday I was waiting outside the game store to pick up a game of my own :)!

I chose Turtwig because it evolves into a part ground type, that is not weak to ground moves. This way my torterra beat Argentia in Battle Hall in Platinum, because she sent out a Claydol, and knowing both ground and grass moves, it has super effective moves, even if ground type has levitate.

Emploeon can have a good movepool to make it a mixed sweeper. Mine knows Surf, Substatute, Grass Knot, Blizzard, takes out a lot of pokemon with this move set. Its fast enough to substatue first, leftovers to restore hp, and blizzard does not always hit, so good substatue is there cause for me, blizzard hits enough to be useful more than ice beam. Chimchar line are great part fighting types, not bad like breloom.

Infernape is the only fast evolution that's why I chose it so it can cause KOs on your opponent before the opponent KOs you

I celebrated the D/P anniversary by starting Platinum. Now all three of my versions all have start days exactly a year apart.

2 years? is it just me or is D/P/Pt games and anime turning out to run the longest of any games and anime saga or was there any that ran longer?

Um. Everything. Gen IV's currently the shortest generation. Yeah, even Kanto was longer for the US at this point (not by much). Since we've had about the same wait times as Japan between generations since Gen I, though, Gen III was in fact the longest-- even double the length that Gen IV is right now.

SO EVERYONE QUIT WHINING ABOUT GEN IV BEING SO LONG.

Well, I did not know if it was or not, but I think Gen IV will end up being as long as the whole of Gen III was anyway

So, now it's the three-year anniversary today. It looks like now this generation has joined the others in this same length, as recognized by a Bulbanews article.

I didn't get a copy of Diamond until September 2008. That's when I bought my DS lite. Time flies by way too fast, I remember seeing prototype screenshots of Diamond and Pearl on the internet late 2006. I said "Whoa a new Pokemon game! I want to get it when it comes out, but I don't have a DS!" D:

Um. Everything. Gen IV's currently the shortest generation. Yeah, even Kanto was longer for the US at this point (not by much). Since we've had about the same wait times as Japan between generations since Gen I, though, Gen III was in fact the longest-- even double the length that Gen IV is right now.

Wow, really? I did not know that O.O I guess I've just been seeing it from a purely anime only stand-point, I had no idea that Gen III overall had lasted longer... wonder if a lot of people feel the same. Not complaing though, I actually wish we could've had more time with DP, particularly the anime, I have found it long but I've loved every second of it ^.^

When did Gen IV officially begin? Was it with the first introduction of Munchlax sillohuette or when Diamond and Pearl actually came out in stores?

Regardless, here's to Diamond and Pearl *raises glass* cheers *mwah*

I dunno, it feels about right to me, no longer than the third gen was. Even the anime would seem to reflect this. (AG was 192 eps, and for DP, we currently know of up to 177) It is fast approaching the length of AG, but whether it will match or exceed it remains to be seen. Yes, we know it's ending, but you don't have to be in such a rush for it to end. Those of us in America probably won't been seeing this until the beginning of next year.

Oh my god, did you come back after 10 years just for this thread? That's amazing.

I don't think we'll get the remakes this year because of the SwSh DLC taking the place of this year's release, so hopefully in 2021? Maybe we'll get an announcement later in the year, but that's all I'm really expecting.

And 14 years since the Japanese release, back when we had to wait for localisations :confused:
Your dedication's something, that's for sure. I enjoyed Gen IV, in fact I still have my original Diamond to this day.

I don't think we'll get the remakes this year because of the SwSh DLC taking the place of this year's release, so hopefully in 2021? Maybe we'll get an announcement later in the year, but that's all I'm really expecting.
I could see an announcement in early/mid 2021, just to avoid overshadowing the crown dlc.

wow 2 years already?
anyway you're 3-4 days late =/
Oh hello 13 year old me

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom