• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond/Pearl/???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroku

Ninja Master!
Reaction score
...I didn't see a topic in the whole 2 pages...

When there was Red/Blue/(Green), they came out with Yellow.

When there was Gold/Silver, they came out with Crystal.

When there was Ruby/Sapphire, they came out with Emerald.

Now we got Diamond/Pearl on the horizon, and it's a pretty safe bet that there will be an additional game to go along with them.

Any speculation on the name?

I honestly have no idea. I can't think of a name that would go good with it...

Diamonds and Pearls don't really have any relation aside from being used to make jewelry. So it could be anything.

I was planning to make a topic similar to this, nintendo made a remake of blue/red called leaf Green/Fire red .
maybe in 2010 they will make a remake of Gold/silver called beam silver/ice crystal
and in 2009, a remake of Ruby/sapphire called Storm sapphire/Ozone Emerald (?!?)
and i think Pokemon Dimond/Peal will be released in 2006, so they are going to make a remake of it in 2012..hmmm

anyway, sorry for changing the subject into a subject similar to it, they can call the advanced virsion of Dimond/Pearl , jewelry..like what another poster in this topic said

There is no reason to remake anything at the moment, because you can get all 386 through the games. And D/P will be compatible with RSE, so there won't be a need for a reremake.

One gemstone caused by intense heat from high pressure, the other from the juices of something deep in the sea.....another Red/Blue pattern? Perhaps then Amber, which could fill the role of a Green/Emerald by being made of the sap of a tree?

If we assume it's going to be another gem of some sort, other possibilities might include (in alphabetical order)...
Amethyst
Coral
Ivory
Jade
Jet
Obsidian
Opal
Quartz
Topaz
Turquoise

Last edited:
I really like the idea of Amber...

Perhaps it could focus on a certian extinct Pokemon. :p

Edit: 500 posts :eek:

I'm going for Amethyst. But only because I wrote a Mary Sue in the Pokespecial universe with that name =D

I gotta go with the Amethyst coalition. Dunno why, but it just feels right. I'd make a bad simile, but people would look at me weird.

Amethyst is too hard to spell. Kids would cry.

Note how no GB game has been longer than seven letters, and of those that weren't add-ons (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald), the longest was FOUR letters. I know that Diamond and Pearl both break the pattern, but still...=p

I have two words to say in response to that post Evkl:

Silver. Sapphire.

I still have the hardest time spelling "Sapphire"...

JKaizer said:
I really like the idea of Amber...

Perhaps it could focus on a certian extinct Pokemon. :p

Edit: 500 posts :eek:
Actually I think I like Amber a lot too. It sounds cool for a pokemon name and implies a lot: diamonds come from rocks, pearls come from an animal, Amber comes from a plant.

evkl said:
Note how no GB game has been longer than seven letters, and of those that weren't add-ons (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald), the longest was FOUR letters.
Green. :p

Green was never released outside Japan... well, when it was, they renamed it Blue, didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom