• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond/Pearl/???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say if the game is cool It doesnt really matter its just makes it sound cool.-_-

evkl said:
Note how no GB game has been longer than seven letters, and of those that weren't add-ons (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald), the longest was FOUR letters.

*COUGH* Silver *COUGH*

Yes.

Might as well contribute something now.

Platinum seems unlikely, as it's a metal. It conjurs up too many images of a Gold/Silver sequel. Amber is good, and I like the mineral/animal/plant connection. Looking at Archaic's list, ivory is by no means a gemstone, and I doubt Nintendo would want to promote poaching. Coral isn't a gem, either (although technically, pearls aren't, either). Quartz isn't precious at all; it's very common, actually. Lesser gems like amethyst, turquoise, and topaz again conjur up images of a sequel, this time to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

I'm going with Amber.

Amber would seem most likely to me really... But then I also say it's fairly likely that Gamefreak would remake G/S on it's anniversary over the time of Gen 4. The awesome success of FR/LG would certainly point at it being a successful venture.

Anyone using the argument of G/S Pokemon already being accessible is being very narrow-minded over the 'purpose' of a game... Using the same argument for XD and seeing it as pointless.

Yet I wonder how many of them will be buying it in a couple of months....

Going back to Johto (but just Johto) would be pretty awesome. Especially with Gen 3 enhancements and whatever the hades Gen 4 will bring.

*Wouldn't mind kicking Clair's ass with Lucario ^^*

Is it even coming out, or is it just a rumor? I didn't see anything about it in any magazine's E3 wrapups.

Diamond and Pearl are currently only known to the Japanese and people who hang out at gaming websites for 10 hours a day. It's a bit of a well-kept secret, probably to avoid destroying the current Pokemon gen prematurely.

And I doubt a GSC remake is going to happen. There's no real reason.

I'm actually a fan of Topaz.

Wasn't there a theory with birthstones at Serebiiforums once?

EDIT: Yes, there was:

Traditional Birthstones:
(1) Garnet: January’s Gemstone
(2) Amethyst: February’s Gemstone
(3) Aquamarine: March’s Gemstone
(4) Diamond: April’s Gemstone
(5) Emerald: May’s Gemstone
(6) Cultured Pearl: June’s Gemstone
(7) Ruby: July’s Gemstone
(8) Peridot: August’s Gemstone
(9) Sapphire: September’s Gemstone
(10) Opal: October’s Gemstone
(11) Citrine: November’s Gemstone
(12) Blue Topaz: December’s Gemstone

So, if we take the RSE-Pattern (7-9-5) and lay it out on DP (4-6-2), we get Amethyst.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom