• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

Reaction score
Hiro hasn't known shit this gen. He was just riding on the coattails he amassed from having known stuff in past generations. I have no idea how Serebii would have that info either, but Joe I actually trust if that isn't just some kind of doctored pic.
This. He tweeted something along the lines of "do you honestly think there's only 70 new Pokemon this gen?" and also said there would be around 90 new Pokemon. After the games had leaked, someone called him out on that tweet, and he later said the total number was to include Mega Pokemon. I'm not sure if he was back tracking or just clarifying his tweet. I don't take anything he says seriously. Looks like the only leaks that were true were the ones Pokebeach posted.

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Serebii Joe's always been in-the-know, so to say, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was real and he slipped up. I don't see why it matters either way, though. We've always gotten events, so why would that change now? It's just the fact that the 3DS isn't "hackable", so they say, so we may not know their names or typings until they're officially released. I like it better that way, personally. It'll help breathe new life into the games down the road.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch
Reaction score
Well, Alexa's editor said she went into the mountains to find a legend, and these three were from that leaked names that were all right, except these.

And of course Serebii wouldn't officially reveal it. Look what happened to the other leakers ¬_¬

VOLCANO BAKEMEAT
Reaction score
Some fella on Reddit can get matches on the GTS with all three names, so it's real alright. Can't wait to see what they look like.

Houndoomed
Reaction score
Can't wait to see these, especially the Fire/Water type.
Been waiting for a Fire/Grass too, but maybe next Gen.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch
Reaction score
Guys, just deposited a Female Level 21 Snubull, with the message RealerThanFairies! for a Hoopa. Look it up.

I'm pouring all my faith into this.

I wonder if the Ghost Girl in Lumiose has anything to do with Hoopa. Hoopa is a Ghost-Type, apparently. And she's so random.

What if its the faceless 'men' the guy was mentioning?

Reaction score
Guys, just deposited a Female Level 21 Snubull, with the message RealerThanFairies! for a Hoopa. Look it up.

I'm pouring all my faith into this.

I wonder if the Ghost Girl in Lumiose has anything to do with Hoopa. Hoopa is a Ghost-Type, apparently. And she's so random.

What if its the faceless 'men' the guy was mentioning?
Yep, found it. I also found the one with the guy looking for a Volcanion.

By the way, I looked on Twitter, and it seems this guy mentioned the names and types on the 20th, which might be when this thing was first caught and where the types are coming from

@ALMR94: Diancie, Volcanion y Hoopa, los Pokémon legendarios #719, #720 y #721 son Roca/Hada, Fuego/Agua y Psíquico/Fantasma... lo único que se sabe.

Last edited:
literal shrubbery
Reaction score
So are they possibly in the game and people just don't know what the requirements are to get them, or event-only legendaries? I'm assuming the latter, but the former would be great too.

Reaction score
I was going through the GTS and saw someone asking for Diancie, I have a picture but don't know how to post it.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch
Reaction score
I wonder if Hoopa has to do with the Chamber of Emptiness? Well, it does have the Banette Mega Stone and the Spooky Plate, but still...

So if they are Rock/Fairy, Fire/Water and Ghost/Psychic, the types are good.

Hm... Rock-Type... And some speculate it has to do with the ultimate weapon/AZ's Floette.... Maybe something to do with Geosenge Town?

But Volcanion... Perhaps it has to do with the mentioned 'Lava Dome Pokemon', referring to Volcanion, but not Heatran? Aww, Heatran might have a twin :3

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I put up a Sliggoo on the GTS asking for "cheese pls" in return, then I got Bouffalant Herdier to check whether the Sliggoo showed on the server and it didn't. I took the Sliggoo back and then put "Diancie" for what I wanted in return for the Sliggoo, got BH to check again and this time the Sliggoo appeared for others to see. Shiny Celebi also put up a Gible asking for Volcanion and that Gible appeared on the server for me to see. I know the names were trademarked with lots of other Gen VI mons, so they are likely real, but I'm more certain they are legitimate now.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!!
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how Serebii knew of these pokemon's types.

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
I just tried the caps method that the tweets earlier in the thread mentioned, I can confirm that looking for CHEESE will remain as CHEESE when you view the summary in the GTS, but looking for DIANCIE will cause it to be changed to Diance when you look at the summary. So yeah, I believe the names are real at least. The typings we'll have to see, but I have to wonder, same as Ampharos King, where Serebii got the type information if he did actually post it.

Reaction score
So they are real? Oh thank god, it's bugging me for a while the fact that Gen 6 had no legendary trio like the legendary Kanto Birds or Johto Beasts. And i'm diggin their type combos, always wanted a Fire/Water and a Psychic/Ghost pokemon.

Reaction score
I've got a feeling that is a mockup of the pages. But I can't see to many issues with to outright deny them being real.

If Serebii knows something: he isn't telling his forum staff, So I really don't know.

Reaction score
I've got a feeling that is a mockup of the pages. But I can't see to many issues with to outright deny them being real.

If Serebii knows something: he isn't telling his forum staff, So I really don't know.
When you say that, are you referring to things in general, or just in this particular instance?