• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

Maybe there's some kind of secret location where special Carbink that evolve can be caught that can only be accessed through an event item or a free expansion update.

Or perhaps it's not an evolution or a mega-evolution and is an actual mutation like one in a thousand Carbink have the ability to evolve. Or maybe all you have to do is take a team full of six Carbink to the sundial and they all combine into one Diancie, rinse and repeat for other Diancies. Since they made Pokegods canon with the megas why not the contrived "Mew under the truck" style playground rumors as well?

Last edited:
Permanent mega evolution = evolution for me. Its an evolution under a extremly rare conditions, but still a evolution. Maybe eviolite will start working on carbink once we have diancie. If you say that evolution is natural but mega evolution isnt, well, tell me how a trade + item evolution could be natural.
Eviolite wouldn't start working when Diancie is already programmed into the game. It would already work and we know it doesn't

Permanent mega evolution = evolution for me. Its an evolution under a extremly rare conditions, but still a evolution. Maybe eviolite will start working on carbink once we have diancie. If you say that evolution is natural but mega evolution isnt, well, tell me how a trade + item evolution could be natural.
Eviolite wouldn't start working when Diancie is already programmed into the game. It would already work and we know it doesn't

Exactly.

Besides, it would be specially confusing online. What happens if a player has Diancie and the other doesn't have it yet. And both use a Carbink with an Eviolite in an online battle. One is going to work and the other won't? Senseless.

If you say that evolution is natural but mega evolution isnt, well, tell me how a trade + item evolution could be natural.
"Natural" in the sense that triggers something that is already hidden inside the unevolved Pokémon.

What makes you think Mega Evolution isn't an untapped potential already hidden inside the Pokemon? At least some of the information we have on Mega Evolution supports this:

Mega Evolution unzips the zippers that restrained Banette, enabling it to unleash the energy it had been suppressing and show its baleful power.

Having different Mega Evolutions doesn't really change the fact that there may be some sort of undifferentiated power hidden in Pokemon that manifests itself differently depending on the trigger. I mean, we have branch evolutions already, so branching Mega Evolutions shouldn't be a big deal.

Last edited:
They can call this "mutation" whatever they want, in my eyes a Pokémon permanently transforming into a stronger form is, for all effects and purposes, an evolution, regardless of the fancy label they want to give to it.
Diancie is an evolution in all but name.

With Diancie, being confirmed, the thread title should probably be tweaked a bit.

Anyway, I was never one for the theory that Diancie and Carbink were somehow related, but I guess that's confirmed now. Regardless, I do hope Diancie is her own standalone legendary in that she isn't obtained by transforming a Carbink or something. Mainly because I don't wanna have to go hunting for a good Carbink.

I think Diancie IS a Carbink evo in a sense.
But because of their availability, for gameplay purposes they're unrelated.

Maybe it'll breed Carbink, giving it a Manaphy/Phione-type relationship

Or the whole mutation thing is just some random Pokedex info and we just receive Diancie from an event like Keldeo or the shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

Okay theory time:Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion all add "epilogue" chapters to the games, much like looker. Each one will however unlock small new areas, a fun little sidequest to get the pokemon and they probably will unlock something more in the next games, as their release will either coincide with the next game(s)(probably hoopa) or come after them(probably Volcanion). Basis for this theory is the movie's plot. While it seems like a contrived nonsensical movie thing, I think it will have some basis in XY. Diamond Ore Country probably has a parallel in-game, likely an underground area by way of Couriway, likely under Anistar. I can see the sundial having a huge underground part, much like an iceberg, complete with new info on mega evolutions. Here comes into play the Shiny Diancie, which in turn is revealed to be a permanent Mega-Evo. Something in turn which is extremely rare, and only happens for a couple of Pokemon.

Diancie In-Game Event

First of all, I give the credit to sorrowdemonica or Raven of Pokecommunity for this.
Secondly, If you do not want Spoilers to Diancie, don't click on the spoiler tag.
Diancie Mystery Gift Revealed + Event - Pokemon X&Y Leak (SPOILER ALERT!) - YouTube
Apparently there's an in-game event for Diancie. My theory is that there will be a
mini game or something outside the game which you must complete before you can receive Diancie.
Then again, it's just my theory. What is your theory and what do you think?
Link to the original thread Here.

Last edited:
Re: Diancie In-Game Event

It's been confirmed that all you do is get Diancie from a receptionist and then some people ask if they can have it to show their boss.

Game Freak clearly put a lot of thought into this event. It's so captivating and lengthy.

I find it funny that they allude to the existence of a second Diancie, but I guess that Carbink's transformation is merely rare rather than unique.

It's not as if Manaphy is unique either--we simply don't know how a Manaphy egg comes about. I mean, is it even an egg, or a pupating stage of a Phione that somehow had the ability to turn into a Manaphy?

If it was unique, it would be kind of strange people know that Diancie come from Carbink.

Volcanion, Hoopa and Vivillon

Diance has been officially confirmed by GF and Nintendo.
Mega Latios and Mega Latias have both been confirmed by multiple people using cheating devices (the Latiosite and Latiasite can't be traded like regular stones can)
AZ's Floette has been confirmed by multiple people using cheating devices (it won't evolve like regular Floette will, no word so far if it can breed)
Anyone with an Arceus and a Pixie Plate can confirm that the leaked Fairy-Type Arceus model was correct

So when do you think hackers or Nintendo will "reveal" Volcanion, Hoopa, and the Poké Ball/Flower Vivillon patterns?

Discuss. ;)

Re: Volcanion, Hoopa and Vivillon

My thread had nothing to do with this one, though... -_- This thread is informing people about their existence. Mine is asking when hackers or Nintendo will CONFIRM their existence...

Plus, mine is also about Vivillon, which isn't mentioned in the OP...

This thread can be used to discuss the Vivillon formes as well. Your question can easily be asked in this thread, as its the thread for the general discussion of these Pokemon.

Anyways,my guess is Hoopa and Volcanion wont be revealed for a while, there may be movies with those two, so one of them may not even be revealed until next year. As for AZ's Floette and the Vivillon formes, thats anyone's guess, Id like to see the flower one for spring time soon though.

That much is certain, been that way for 15 years now, only Meloetta was different, but then again gen 5 is the black sheep in terms of traditions and patterns. Anyway, I'm assuming that the "master" will probably have a hand in finding the shiny Diancie, and its probably gotta to do with a later event, and not just a forced mystery gift. Still, its a nice surprise to see that the games do have something, even if its so small.

That much is certain, been that way for 15 years now, only Meloetta was different, but then again gen 5 is the black sheep in terms of traditions and patterns.
I fail to see how it is certain that Hoopa and Volcanion will get separate movies. They could share one just as Keldeo and Meloetta did.

Anyway, I'm assuming that the "master" will probably have a hand in finding the shiny Diancie, and its probably gotta to do with a later event, and not just a forced mystery gift. Still, its a nice surprise to see that the games do have something, even if its so small.
Using the movie Diancie to unlock a shiny one would render the former redundant. Besides, the man from the event rejects the offer to get the player's Diancie because he wants to find a Diancie of his own, so why would he give the player that one? Unfair much?

I fail to see how it is certain that Hoopa and Volcanion will get separate movies. They could share one just as Keldeo and Meloetta did.

Keldeo and Meloetta didn't share a movie. The main thing I've noticed for the last few gens is this:

1st movie of the gen: Stars 2 mascots and the first event pokemon
2nd movie: Stars 3rd Version mascot and second event mon
3rd movie: Stars 3rd event mon.

Meloetta appeared in the anime as another character, but never had a movie.

Back
Top Bottom