• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

Diancie could be a combination of Dianthus or Diandrous and fancie, but surely there has to be something "rock-type" related for the Pokémon.

Dianthus and Diandrous feel more like a grass type, though. Could it be a sort of crystal fairy? Diamond or other gemstones.
A crystal fairy could tie in with the Anistar Sundial.

I was hoping something about Diancie had been mentioned! I was on the GTS last night, and I forget now what I'd been looking for, but I saw someone looking for Diancie in return for whatever it was they were offering, with a note saying something like "LEAK CONFIRMED".

Diancie is probably a combination of diamond + fancy, but the other two names kind of bother me. Why would they call a Pokemon Volcanion when we already have a Pokemon with a really, really similar name (Volcarona)? Also, the -ion ending reminds me of the Unova trio - maybe there's a connection there? And Hoopa doesn't sound like a Psychic/Ghost Pokemon at all - it sounds cute and childish, not spooky or mysterious. (It also rhymes with the way Wooper says its name in the anime, but that's neither here nor there.)

Regardless, I'm excited for more Pokemon. I hope the event is revealed or confirmed soon!

Diancie looks like a corruption of dance, maybe it has a dancing theme?

Hoopa reminds me of those horrible Dish commercials.

I guess until we see and learn more about these guys, we won't know. By the way, is the guide out for XY yet? maybe it has info

What bothers me is Volcanion's name. It sounds way too similar to Volcarona. I really like its typing, though. Fire/Water sure sounds amazing. Now I'm waiting for Ice/Fire and I'll be happy.

Another thing that bothers me is Diancie's typing. Rock/Fairy was already used by Carbink. It could have waited one more generation (yes, I know about Trevenant and Gourgeist also sharing types...)

And Hoopa's Psychic/Ghost typing is very cool too. That double weakness to Dark, though...

I do hope their catch rates are lower. Yveltal and Zygarde were super easy to catch. Caught Zygarde with one Dusk Ball. I like a Pokemon that puts up a fight! Mewtwo this time only took a few ultra balls.

Volcanion does sound like it should be with Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion. It's most likely completely different though.

I do hope their catch rates are lower. Yveltal and Zygarde were super easy to catch. Caught Zygarde with one Dusk Ball. I like a Pokemon that puts up a fight! Mewtwo this time only took a few ultra balls.
There is no guarantee that they will be catchable. Only Victini was in Unova.

It's definitely hard to believe, but I think it's at least somewhat true. I've been doing a little bit of digging around they interwebz and found a forum on Smogon on this topic. The important part is that they actually did some experimenting with GTS requests to confirm their theories.

Here's how it works: You deposit your Pokemon on the GTS and, with the new make-your-own-request feature, you can make a request for any Pokemon by typing in whatever you want, even gibberish names. A Pokemon posted for trade where a gibberish names (ie: not names of Pokemon the game recognizes, like "Batman") won't show up when someone searches for what you deposited. In short, I can deposit a Zoroark in the GTS and request "Batman" and no one else can see it, but I can post a Zoroark on the GTS and request a "Hoopa" and it shows up with all the other Zoroark offers. The test was run with all 3 names, the game recognized the names as legit, and there are pictures to prove it on the Smogon thread. Do it yourself if you don't believe it.
A few users on the Smogon thread also mention that trademarks were filed for these names as well, but there wasn't any evidence given for it. We were kinda caught off-guard by MegaEvolution, so maybe we missed this one too?

tl;dr: The GTS/game cards think these Pokemon are legit, at least to some extent.

PS: They also mention a "Light of Ruin" event-only-style move worth noting, and joke about MegaArceus. I'm not here to promote other forums either, but it's all worth a read.

I think the better question is how do we know there are only three yet to be revealed Pokemon ??? Yes serebii only posted about these three but we have absolutely no idea about their motivations/sources/limitations. There could be even more yet to be discovered !!!

What if Volcanion is the antagonist to the musketeer quartet?

Many are thinking these are Kalos's missing trio, but I wonder perhaps they are the event legends instead. That would seem more likely anyways since they would have been found by now like Zygarde was, not to mention the typings have no clear relation to each other like other trios did.

If so it will likely be a good while till we see all 3 officially. At least this confirms there is more to the dex and data we don't know about, hope the 3DS stays unhacked.

Many are thinking these are Kalos's missing trio, but I wonder perhaps they are the event legends instead. That would seem more likely anyways since they would have been found by now like Zygarde was, not to mention the typings have no clear relation to each other like other trios did.

If so it will likely be a good while till we see all 3 officially. At least this confirms there is more to the dex and data we don't know about, hope the 3DS stays unhacked.
There are other trios where if you didn't knew their theme you would say their typing has no relation, examples like the Regi trio and the Johto Beasts. So if these three pokemon are a trio we still need to see their actual designs and theme to see if the their typings are related. Or it can be one standalone legendary and a duo legendary because two of them have a catch rate of 3 and the other one has a catch rate of 30.

There are other trios where if you didn't knew their theme you would say their typing has no relation, examples like the Regi trio and the Johto Beasts.

Not really. The Regis all have "solid" types, and the beasts are close to the fire-ice-lightning trio used in lot of fantasy RPG series, including Pokemon. Usually with trios that have two types each, though, they all share one type- the legendary birds are all part flying, the Muskedeers are all part fighting, etc- which makes these guys look less like relatives than the single-typed trios (assuming those types are correct, of course). Though I would be interested to see what sort of related concepts GF could come up with using such disparate types.

I'm leaning towards these guys being unrelated event legends, though.

There are other trios where if you didn't knew their theme you would say their typing has no relation, examples like the Regi trio and the Johto Beasts.

Not really. The Regis all have "solid" types, and the beasts are close to the fire-ice-lightning trio used in lot of fantasy RPG series, including Pokemon. Usually with trios that have two types each, though, they all share one type- the legendary birds are all part flying, the Muskedeers are all part fighting, etc- which makes these guys look less like relatives than the single-typed trios (assuming those types are correct, of course). Though I would be interested to see what sort of related concepts GF could come up with using such disparate types.

I'm leaning towards these guys being unrelated event legends, though.
Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde also have no type relation and yet they are trio as well, typing doesn't matter much in a trio as long they all follow their theme. Ahem, Suicune is Water type so it's Water, Electric and Fire and not Ice, Fire, Electric. And as i said i think it's more a standalone legendary and a duo because of their catch rate, if their catch rate is actualy true.

Last edited:
I'm leaning more towards "unrelated, non-trio" for these legendaries. First of all, the trios have never been this disconnected from the game; the birds in Kanto were mentioned several times (and were hard to miss) and while the Braille was a "guide dang it" moment, there was clearly something that could be done to unlock the Regis. The Musketeer trio were similar to the birds; mentioned and fairly easy to find.

Meanwhile, the games have been officially available for almost two weeks, and leaked even longer. I feel that if there was an option of finding them without an event/transferring Pokemon unavailable in Kalos, we would have seen something. Sure, we have a lot of hints/mysteries, but nothing that seems unlockable with anything available in-game. Outside of a potential new set of games (Gen 6.5?), I'm thinking that there isn't a traditional trio this Gen.

I think these are definitely event legendaries rather than an actual trio. Keldeo, Meloetta and Gensect weren't a trio.

I think Diancie will be in the next movie, probably with Xerneas and Yveltal. And then Volcanion and Hoopa in the next 2. Think Hoopa is the legend depicted in the Strange Souvenir, looks quite creepy, Ghost/Psychic would fit, guess it could be a Rock/Fairy as well ie Diancie? As for being from a far away region, you might have to go to an Island similar to how Mew was in FRLG and Emerald.

Also I believe Volcanion to be the Pokemon mention here 3DS Feature: 9 unsolved mysteries of Pokemon X and Y - Official Nintendo Magazine

Yeah, I'm leaning towards event legendaries rather than a trio. I don't know, something about their names and types just doesn't feel connected to me.

well..looks like the games finally been decompiled. As such, we might get images of these Pokemon and other undiscovered things...

Hi , is really a long time since the last time I posted here . about the supposed event legendaries, I researched hoopa in the google and found this : Hupa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if the strange souvenir legendary is based in some native american deity ?

Back
Top Bottom