• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

Volcanion sounds like the kind of pokemon that you'd find in a volcano a la heatrean, but in the map i dont see any volcanos, so there's the chance extra locations in kalos or faraway islands?

There's actually an NPC in the Jaune Plaza in Lumiose City who, during the post-game, talks about the "Lava Dome" Pokemon being heard around there.

That's Heatran's title, but there's a possibility it could be the species of Volcanion as well.

There's actually an NPC in the Jaune Plaza in Lumiose City who, during the post-game, talks about the "Lava Dome" Pokemon being heard around there.

That's Heatran's title, but there's a possibility it could be the species of Volcanion as well.

or Mega Heatran?

or Mega Heatran?

if mega pokemon dont get a new name

why in the name of god would heatran get it

details.

or Mega Heatran?

details.

i'm saying that it is indeed Heatran but that instead of getting a common one you get his mega stone aswell.

or Mega Heatran?

details.

i'm saying that it is indeed Heatran but that instead of getting a common one you get his mega stone aswell.

why.would.it.be.called.volcanion.

or Mega Heatran?

details.

I'M.SAYING.IT.IS.NOT.VULCANION.JUST.HEATRAN

or Mega Heatran?

details.

I'M.SAYING.IT.IS.NOT.VULCANION.JUST.HEATRAN

he is saying the npc gives heatran mega stone, not that volcanion is mega heatran.

Nothing about their names or alleged types implies that they are a trio. If the catch rates are accurate, then Diancie basically can't be comparable to the other two. Besides, why would such a trio be event-exclusive?
Most of that is speculation yes? Also, if you don't know Spanish or have common sense (zap = elect, Artic = ice ect), just looking at the birds names doesn't spark the idea that they're a trio.

Who knows why Game Freak did many of the thing they did in this generation. In FRLG you had to bend over backwards to get the birds if I remember correctly, the beasts were a beast to hunt down and capture, the golems could be considered tedious to capture for one of the most useless trios out there.
Volcanion sounds like the kind of pokemon that you'd find in a volcano a la heatrean, but in the map i dont see any volcanos, so there's the chance extra locations in kalos or faraway islands?
There are three unexplored facilities for the power plant. Each Facility harnestes different energy. Maybe they get it from the trio, or maybe one of the facilities harnesses Geo-thermo energy? That requires drilling into the ground, leaving a nice opening to go in and get a legendary Pokemon.

@Spheal; @TakuyaDrini; - @Garren; was saying that Heatran's Pokédex classification is the "Lava Dome" Pokémon, so that the NPC in Lumiose could have been referring to Heatran. OR, because some Pokémon share the same classification (such as Charmeleon and Charizard both being the "Flame Pokémon") that it could be a reference to Volcanion, who might also have the classification or "Lava Dome Pokémon". Conversely, Spheal suggested that it might INSTEAD lead to the player obtain a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve Heatran.

Two different theories.

Most of that is speculation yes? Also, if you don't know Spanish or have common sense (zap = elect, Artic = ice ect), just looking at the birds names doesn't spark the idea that they're a trio.

Who knows why Game Freak did many of the thing they did in this generation. In FRLG you had to bend over backwards to get the birds if I remember correctly, the beasts were a beast to hunt down and capture, the golems could be considered tedious to capture for one of the most useless trios out there.

Erm, you don't have to bend over backwards to get the Birds in FRLG. They were in their original spots except for Moltres and were stationary requiring no extra event to unlock. The Regi were no more useless than the Birds who did nothing in FRLG or any game for that matter so far. Plus they had use in Gen IV to obtain Regigigas and once again in Gen V to obtain Regigigas. The Regi are as useful as the Beasts in Pokemon Crystal.

Well, You can trade for Gatomon:

Digimon confirmed

As you can see by the "Will you take Pansear back?", that's the person who posted the trade.

Other people wouldn't be able to see the trade though if they searched for people asking for Gatomon, which isn't the case for Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie.

Erm, you don't have to bend over backwards to get the Birds in FRLG. They were in their original spots except for Moltres and were stationary requiring no extra event to unlock. The Regi were no more useless than the Birds who did nothing in FRLG or any game for that matter so far. Plus they had use in Gen IV to obtain Regigigas and once again in Gen V to obtain Regigigas. The Regi are as useful as the Beasts in Pokemon Crystal.

I thought you had to do extra things to get to the birds in FRLG, I remember trying to help kids get articuno when the games first came out, and things changed big time from the first games.

Also I mean the Golems are useless in a battle sense.

Guys, that's not even the original point. The point was that unlike those other trios, these things don't even have the same catch rates. Interestingly, Rayquaza had a different catch rate than Kyogre + Groudon, but even then it was still close. Diancie is way different than the others. That's not to say they can't be a trio, but they won't be a straight up symmetrical trio.

Either a pair, a third member of a trio whose name is not yet leaked, or Diancie is the "master" of the other two.

If Serebii's sources are good, that is.

Here's to hoping they're real. I adore rumors.

Perhaps one of them is the "cute" legendary? It doesn't seem likely that they have a connection, but you never know.

@Spheal; @TakuyaDrini; - @Garren; was saying that Heatran's Pokédex classification is the "Lava Dome" Pokémon, so that the NPC in Lumiose could have been referring to Heatran. OR, because some Pokémon share the same classification (such as Charmeleon and Charizard both being the "Flame Pokémon") that it could be a reference to Volcanion, who might also have the classification or "Lava Dome Pokémon". Conversely, Spheal suggested that it might INSTEAD lead to the player obtain a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve Heatran.

Two different theories.

correction; takuya suggested it may be a mega stone and i suggested its completely unrelated

Guys, that's not even the original point. The point was that unlike those other trios, these things don't even have the same catch rates. Interestingly, Rayquaza had a different catch rate than Kyogre + Groudon, but even then it was still close. Diancie is way different than the others. That's not to say they can't be a trio, but they won't be a straight up symmetrical trio.

Either a pair, a third member of a trio whose name is not yet leaked, or Diancie is the "master" of the other two.

If Serebii's sources are good, that is.

The thing is we don't even know if the types or catch rates are real; they could be placeholders, errors, or the whole screenshots could be fake. By just looking on Twitter, the first mention of these Pokémon happened on the 20th, while the 'screenshot' didn't leak until the 22nd, which is when the whole Internet began to know about them.

I'm probably completely wrong but I do think Diancie will be the "cute" legendary. All I think when I see it's type though is Carbink haha!

Hoopa is probably the biggest mystery imo. I mean, it could be anything.

Has anyone tried to decipher the meaning of the names using the Japanese & English names? There could be some connection and some hint as to what these Pokémon could be.

I know:

Diancie could be a combination of Dianthus or Diandrous and fancie, but surely there has to be something "rock-type" related for the Pokémon.

Last edited:
Diancie could be a combination of Dianthus or Diandrous and fancie, but surely there has to be something "rock-type" related for the Pokémon.

Dianthus and Diandrous feel more like a grass type, though. Could it be a sort of crystal fairy? Diamond or other gemstones.

Back
Top Bottom