• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

They all look really weird to be honest. Really not digging Volcanion's design.

None of these look similar to the Pokémon from the Strange Souvenir, but that doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, Volcanion's design seems to be related to the Power Plants probably, Diancie is the Sun Dial (and seems to share traits with Carbink), any area that Hoopa fits with?
The Chamber of Emptiness would fit.

Diancie - Sundial - Possible Mega Evolution tie?
Volcanion - Power Plant
Hoopa - Chamber of Emptiness - Eerie cave that you find a Spooky Plate and a Banetitite (Both Ghost-type related items) similar to Hoopa.

This is an interesting theory:

http://images.*********/vp/src/1383230003891.jpg

If the image of Diancie is real (the leaked one of it being encountered, not this likely mislabelled statue), it looks a lot like a pre-evo to this large central statue... that in some way is linked in significance to the Champion, who happens to be Diantha... [Diantha-Diancie] hmmm...

Hoopa looks like it's meant to be a non-shadowy version of the little ghost demon that would fly around for moves like Nightmare (
256px-Nightmare_Stad2.png
Nightmare_II.png
), so I'm digging it, always wondered when/if that thing would ever show up again. Diancie is also adorable. Volcanion, is... um... well, Volcanion is very interesting.

Wait a second....

Carbink's Japanese name is Mereshi. That sounds a lot like how Diancie is written in Japanese...

Sounds suspicious considering how alike they look.

I actually thought that maybe we'd have a Manaphy/Phione type relationship where Carbinks are "lesser" Diancies.
So Diancie definitely looks like its related somehow to the sundial. I'm definitely not disappointed by any of these guys. Certainly not Volcanion.

Watch us find out Mega Evolution is actually a result of Diancie.

Sycamore learns Mega Stones are made from the poop of Diancie after it devours a Pokemon (i.e., Diancie ate a Blaziken and pooped out Blazikenite)

Last edited:
I see what people are saying about Carbink/Diancie, but I would of expected some sort of in game hint or SOMETHING by someone if there was a connection. Unless they really did want to really hide it haha!

If the image of Diancie is real (the leaked one of it being encountered, not this likely mislabelled statue), it looks a lot like a pre-evo to this large central statue... that in some way is linked in significance to the Champion, who happens to be Diantha... [Diantha-Diancie] hmmm...

made an image to better demonstrate my point. They all look like a matching set! Diancie.png

Last edited:
are these pictures for diancie, hoopa and volcanion confirmed?

I really like Volcanion, not sure how I feel on the other two though so I'll wait until we see their animations.

I believe these 3 are all real.

They're decent looking, but if Hoopa is supposed to be the new small, cute legendary of this gen, it doesn't have that same cute look as the others.

Diancie is cool, Hoopa is alright, but Volcanion looks a little odd to me. I'll have to see what its art looks like.

I'm loving the design of all three of those. I wonder why the typing is so low on Hoopa and Volcanion though. Do we know if they are indeed legendaries yet?

They look a bit subpar for me if they are legendary. Then again legends are supposed to be unique in their own way so i'll wait for a dex entry and movesets to see what they offer.

It has been speculated that Volcanion might be an artificial Pokemon. Hopefully the Pokedex entries will be leaked soon to get some real info on these three.

Those are some strange pokemon... Definitely not what I expected. Except from Diancie maybe, whose design looks like a Carbink rehash.

Can't say I like any of them right now, but I'll wait till we know more about them to form an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom