• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

Volcanion's stats seem kind of strange. I expected it to have pretty high Special Attack, but that looks to be about the same as its attack and lower than defense. Diancie is about what I expected it to be, Hoopa I didn't know what to think, so I can't say either way. Diamond Storm and Steam Eruption both seem pretty good. Hyperspace Hole is... kind of useful I guess, but its power is a little low.

It's been a while since we've heard anything about these guys. I'm really curious to know when Game Freak plans on officially revealing them (assuming they are indeed real).

They will all be individually revealed in the next three years, just like every (most?) Mythical Pokemon that came before them.

With the amount of things we'll be having to take with a grain of salt, I decided to just bring this here to hand out to everyone:
650236b.jpg

Honestly, I hate how we know about them already. I am very interest about the prospect of a Fire/Water type though...shame it will be banned from official competitive play though 9.9

Serebii's Pokédex lists Volcanion after Hoopa, while the order is reversed as per WPM (albeit in the Central Kalos Pokédex). The heights and weights are consistent, though.

Hoopa's "loop" is on its... butt though, and it apparently likes to shove things there to send off to its "secret place"... Yeah. Ok then.

I prefer to know every secret when a game comes out because I tend to get bored and never play again after a year or so.

Volcanion being tied to the blackout is pretty cool, I wonder if it has to do with one of the power plants? More importantly, what if that's what the game events do this time around, unlock new areas for each one? I can assume a new plant for Volcanion, something at the sundial with Diancie, but hoopa?

Volcanion being tied to the blackout is pretty cool, I wonder if it has to do with one of the power plants? More importantly, what if that's what the game events do this time around, unlock new areas for each one? I can assume a new plant for Volcanion, something at the sundial with Diancie, but hoopa?
Chamber of Emptiness?

Before you read the estimated stats below, the ranges are not completely accurate, but they give you a somewhat clear picture on each of the three Pokemon's stats because the numbers should only be one off from the total numbers at most.

From the stats, I guess Diancie is Careful (+SpDef, -Speed), because it should be similar to the rumour's stats where both defences match, as well as both attacks. Assuming no EVs are added, Diancie's base stats are within this range:

HP: 40 - 56
Atk: 100 - 115
Def: 132 - 147
SpAtk : 100 - 115
SpDef : 138 - 153
Speed: 56 - 71

Diancie's stats are well-balanced, with HP and Speed similar to Carbink, but higher offences (and slightly lower defences). It would be interesting to see what Diancie could really do in the end.

How about Volcanion? I don't quite understand its nature, so its range will vary a lot. If you know the nature, refer to the Spoiler for the Positive, Neutral and Negative ranges.

HP: 67 - 82
Atk: 97 - 137
Def: 107 - 149
SpAtk: 94 - 133
SpDef: 88 - 126
Speed: 62 - 94

Beneficial (+)
Atk: 97 - 113
Def: 107 - 123
SpAtk: 94 - 109
SpDef: 88 - 104
Speed: 62 - 77

Neutral (±)
Atk: 109 - 124
Def: 120 - 135
SpAtk: 105 - 121
SpDef: 99 - 115
Speed: 70 - 85

Hindering (-)
Atk: 121 - 137
Def: 133 - 149
SpAtk: 117 - 133
SpDef: 111 - 126
Speed: 78 - 94

Volcanion's stats paint it as a Physical tank, which is not exactly what its type is best at, but it's good enough because its Special Defence is not bad either. It would be interesting if its Special Attack is of a hindering nature, because that would make it quite a powerful attacker. I am guessing its nature is Jolly, because I imagine Volcanion is rather slow, so its current Speed is unusual.

Now for Hoopa. I don't understand its nature either, so the range is wide as well. If you know the nature, refer to the Spoiler for the Positive, Neutral and Negative ranges.

HP: 80 - 95
Atk: 87 - 124
Def: 52 - 82
SpAtk : 125 - 170
SpDef : 116 - 161
Speed: 62 - 95

Beneficial (+)
Atk: 87 - 102
Def: 52 - 67
SpAtk: 125 - 140
SpDef: 116 - 132
Speed: 62 - 78

Neutral (±)
Atk: 97 - 113
Def: 59 - 74
SpAtk: 139 - 155
SpDef: 130 - 146
Speed: 70 - 86

Hindering (-)
Atk: 109 - 124
Def: 66 - 82
SpAtk: 155 - 170
SpDef: 144 - 161
Speed: 79 - 95

Hoopa's Speed isn't as fast as previous speculation would lead you to believe, but its Special Attack is the main highlight indeed. I can see it being a great Special attacker because of that, but its Speed doesn't seem to be quite up to that level of being threatening, which is too bad.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
They confirmed Volcanion's connection with Lumiose Power Plant but what about Diancie and the Sun Dial or Hoopa with the Ghost girl.

Speaking of Hoopa I have a theory that a character from Lumiose City was teleported to the "secret dimension/place" Hoopa has. It's either the reporter form Alexa's building who apparently went off to search for a legendary pokemon and never came back...... Or the ghost girls acquaintance who was supposed to meet her in the secret place but never came.........either way Hoopa's weird o.0

They confirmed Volcanion's connection with Lumiose Power Plant but what about Diancie and the Sun Dial or Hoopa with the Ghost girl.

Speaking of Hoopa I have a theory that a character from Lumiose City was teleported to the "secret dimension/place" Hoopa has. It's either the reporter form Alexa's building who apparently went off to search for a legendary pokemon and never came back...... Or the ghost girls acquaintance who was supposed to meet her in the secret place but never came.........either way Hoopa's weird o.0

Wait, what? When? Where?

Wait, what? When? Where?

PokéBeach confirmed it on Friday...

Information on Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion (December 13th, 2013) « Games News « PokéBeach

I would say take it with a grain a salt but judging how he had pretty much accurate info for X and Y before its release I trust him :D

Wait, what? When? Where?

"Volcanion is related to the Lumiose City blackouts." right from Pokebeach.

Last edited:
I'll be really dissapointed if Carbink and Diance turn out not to be related since I like Carbink's design and Diance would make a perfect evolution for it. Besides, why would GF make two unrelated Rock/Fairy type Pokemon look so similar? But then again GF logic makes no sense much of the time.

Uh, Luvdisc and Alomomola also look pretty similiar and are both Water Types, but are not connected. (In the Luvdisc pokè-evolving into Alomomola anyway, if you mean "Luvdisc is the pacific ocean version of Alomomola" or similiar, this is very possible.) So are Victini and Delphox, like someone else said.

But really, maybe it is like Diancie is the spiritual patron goddess of all the Carbink, like Inari whatever is to white foxes. Or, since they're fairy types, maybe it's like Diancie is the high fairy of the Carbink. And maybe when current-Diancie dies, the best Carbink (like, the highest levelled\strongest, or possibly the one with the purest soul [do Carbink even have souls?]) becomes a new Diancie.

I'm probably not the first one to notice this, but another clue that Hoopa is linked to the sun dial is the Punk Girl standing near the right exit/entrance/whatever. She says that out-of-place artifacts like the sundial are often referred to as OOPArt. OOPArt <-->Hoopa? I see a strong connection here.

Uh, Luvdisc and Alomomola also look pretty similiar and are both Water Types, but are not connected.
Yes, they're both vaguely heart-shaped. Otherwise, they look absolutely nothing alike.
I'm probably not the first one to notice this, but another clue that Hoopa is linked to the sun dial is the Punk Girl standing near the right exit/entrance/whatever. She says that out-of-place artifacts like the sundial are often referred to as OOPArt. OOPArt <-->Hoopa? I see a strong connection here.
Maybe.

Does she still say it in the Japanese version or whatever?

The blackouts were caused by Team Flare redirecting the energy to fuel their plans, right? Explaining how you gain access to the previously blacked out Northern and Central Lumiose right after beating them.

Though I'm probably wrong.

The blackouts were caused by Team Flare redirecting the energy to fuel their plans, right? Explaining how you gain access to the previously blacked out Northern and Central Lumiose right after beating them.

Though I'm probably wrong.

That's what I thought, too. But then I realized just how long they'd have to be there. By the time you've left Lumiose City and gotten three more Badges, you'd think someone else would have checked up on the Power Plant. And IIRC the Grunt standing outside is the very first one you battle in Glittering Cave, so if their little invasion had lasted very long, there'd be absolutely no point in him going there.

Or something like that.

My theory is that it was another team that has pokemon locked up in the power plants, syphoning their energy. But its more likely an off-shoot of team flare that survived after the fall. The power outages being caused by the pokemon being hard to control.

tumblr_myueo1jjGH1qgzod4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_myueo1jjGH1qgzod4o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_myueo1jjGH1qgzod4o3_1280.jpg

Haven't seen these posted before. I'm still wondering what their abilities could be.

Looks like that confirms the dex order of Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, rather than the one Smealum gave us. Wonder what happened there...

Back
Top Bottom