• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Diaries of a Pokémon Trainer [Latest: Prologue]

Noivern

Noivern noi!
Reaction score
Well, here I come. This is my first actual attempt on a Pokémon fan fic. I don't know whether I'll be continuing this in a continuous basis (I only have this and Chapter 1 ready), but I do have a good feeling that I'll eventually complete it. This story... it's based on the adventure found in Pokémon Black and White, perhaps with some additions or changes. Think of this more as a writing exercise. But still... I do hope that you enjoy this story.

Note: This fic is written in a weird way. You may notice it right away that it is written like entries from a diary. I also tend to keep every chapter short - I prefer writing smaller chapters on a more frequent basis. On the other hand, I do not keep a schedule. This fic is going to be updated irregularly.

You might want to leave a review or comment on them, too... It helps. Criticism helps.

CHAPTER INDEX
Prologue
Chapter 1

Diaries of a Pokémon Trainer [Prologue]

May 7, 2011 - Weather: Breezy

A brand-new diary, for myself, and for myself only. I shall be writing about my life, experiences, and adventures in it! That said, to be honest, I have never written a real diary before this day. This day will be really important, so I think I should just start actually writing a diary, perhaps for my own good. Memories are to be treasured, after all!

OK, introductions first, before anything else! My name is Hilbert, and I'm just a beginning Pokémon Trainer. This is my diary! I hope no one else actually takes a peek on it! Wait, I think someone WILL! Someone will eventually sneak up to this diary and read it, right? Ahahahaha... who cares? I'll just write what I want here... and there... there! A diary of my life and adventures is born right here, right now!

My mini-biography first, right? I love describing myself, even if not necessary (or when no one will be looking at it)! Strapping 15-year-old young lad is who I am. Nice red-and-white cap that somehow suspiciously looks like a Poké Ball when looked at from the top, nice blue jacket with lots of pockets for good measure, nice dark gray jeans for extra comfort in the long run, I have them all! Top it off with an awesome hair cut, a quirky personality with a bit of forgetfulness, and you get Hilbert, that's me!

Pokémon battling is what I'm most interested in a Pokémon Trainer's grand adventure, and I'm the owner of the grand total of... zero badges, and I'm proud of it! Why? It's because I get to do the whole "challenging the Unova Gym Leaders" thing by myself, from start to finish, beating every Gym in Unova, and perhaps gaining a lot of battling experience in the process! I'm going to challenge the Pokémon League, no matter what it takes for me to achieve that, or how long it takes!

It all began in this small hick town of Nuvema, located at one lonely corner of the Unova region, with just about as few connections as possible to elsewhere in the region. Surrounded be seas, Nuvema is a small town that houses few residents and also has relatively smaller buildings, compared to big-name cities like Castelia.

Cheren, Bianca, Professor Juniper, her lab and... well, it's a long story. It all began in this morning. Professor Aurea Juniper gave my home a surprise visit then. She decided to just leave a gift box in my room while I was out doing errands. It's weird to think that of all the places she could have chosen, she chose my room. I wonder what made her do so?

We all received a phone call from Professor Juniper herself about the gift box and we all went to my very own house, one-by-one. I find Cheren to be a rather cool-headed person, but he isn't easy to approach most of the time. Bianca, on the other hand? I think she needs to get better time-management skills. She's almost always late, and this is not an exaggeration: In pretty much everything she attended, we had to wait for at least 15 minutes before she even showed up at the specified place, after everyone else came! At least she's also forgiven quite easily (I think it must be her happy-go-lucky look or something), so nothing really bad happened every time. I envy her ability to dodge problems like that...

Oh, and I believe that I haven't introduced my partner Pokémon yet. Come in here, Plushie! Why not Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott - the starter Pokémon that was planned by Professor Juniper? It's another long story. (How many long stories do I have, anyway? This is not going to be the end of it, I swear...)

When Cheren, Bianca and I were all at my room, trying our best to choose a Pokémon... Well, I was trying to get a Snivy back then. We were trying to check out our newly-received Pokémon, with the starter trio members Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott all there. However, for some reason, it ran off as soon as we released it from its Poké Ball! We didn't even get a chance to hold it in the room for even a couple of seconds - it was simply too agile for us! It went out from the window with such great agility, we didn't even have time to react to what was happening! That left us all pretty dazed and exhausted. We reported the awkward incident immediately to Professor Juniper and the relevant authorities, but I don't think the authorities have found the Pokémon yet. Cheren, Bianca, Professor Juniper and I all worry about its safety. Can it survive out there all by itself?

Putting those rather depressing things aside for a while... Anyway, meet my Audino, Plushie! Professor Juniper gave me that Pokémon as a form of compensation for the lost Snivy. Having that is better than having nothing, I guess. I named it Plushie because Audino looks like a pink puff ball of plush doll awesomeness, which means that it's so cute, it'll probably melt your brain from thinking about it. A cute Pokémon may not seem to be a good fit for a Trainer like me, but who cares? I like cute stuff. Can't a Pokémon Trainer love his favourites, too?

Oh, and by the way, it's a he. And he loves being hugged by everyone, and is also the friendliest Pokémon in the whole town of Nuvema (even if it's only been a day)! Sometimes, though, I question my choice of its nickname. It sounds a little bit too weird for comfort. But, hey, whatever works works, right? (The very idea of having a pink plush doll alongside a pretty boy as a partner all the time, anywhere is even weirder.)

I'm fully decked out to be a proper Pokémon Trainer today, just like any other aspiring Pokémon Trainer should be if he or she wants to be successful! A week's supply of Potions, extra Poké Balls, a high-tech map of the Unova region, a badge case, a Pokédex with some crucial information about just about every Unova Pokémon that was ever there, general clothing, and... quite a lot of food and drinks, for some reason or another. Maybe I do get hungry and thirsty really easily, or maybe the road ahead is just that long? Who knows?

Anyway, I think my backpack is packed full with goodies! I also have the Xtransceiver, but that's strapped on my wrist almost all the time, so I didn't really count that in for the first time. It functions like a phone with video functionality built-in, allowing long-distance video and audio communication with anyone I know (and anyone I don't know)! Cheren and Bianca also checked whether their gear were all in tip-top shape, and they all were, so we're all good to go! Becoming a Pokémon Trainer... I am so looking forward to my future adventures, with my beloved Plushie and also my best friends, Cheren and Bianca, together!

Tomorrow will be when it all begins for me and my best friends when it comes to a Pokémon adventure! I think I'm all ready for what's ahead and what's coming for me! But... there's just one thing. This adventure means that I will have to leave my home, leaving my mum behind in this town. I think I'll be missing you, Mum. Once I leave tomorrow for my adventure, I may not be able to come back home as often as I want to. It might be weeks, months or even years before I can come back home. I hope that you don't mind me leaving...

Aww... I feel awfully tired after writing all this... it's pretty late, after the day's events, even if there isn't really a lot of them... I guess I'll stop here for today and catch some Z's before starting my grand adventure tomorrow... (Hey... I tend to write long diary entries...)

---TO BE CONTINUED---

Last edited:
Diaries of a Pokémon Trainer [Chapter 1]

Yawn... after about slightly more than a week, Chapter 1 is done. I don't know how long it'll last... but I have a feeling that there should be a long time before it ends for real. It's still starting, but I have something in mind...

Diaries of a Pokémon Trainer [Chapter 1]

May 8, 20XX - Weather: Mostly Sunny

A new morning. A new beginning. We all have to start somewhere, and being a Pokémon Trainer is no exception to this golden rule of having somewhere to start. Mind you, today isn't really a great start - I was waken up by a really, really loud noise just outside my house. Blame the close proximity of my house to the new construction project of the town that I think probably drew ire from many of the town residents, as part of the unpopular town expansion project! I had to live with it for several months now, but I think I might be able to finally leave that behind with my adventure.

I got myself all dressed-up, and went downstairs to have my breakfast with my mum. Mum's breakfast is always the best, especially when it comes to the pancakes! I also had some company besides my mum, too - Cheren and Bianca, my eternal best friends, since childhood, and perhaps it'll last forever? They were already eating, so I think I'm the one that overslept today. I think I'm a hypocrite for calling Bianca the late one, because now I'm the one doing that! It's hilarious to see Bianca eating all she can like there's no tomorrow while seeing Cheren eating like a normal person, though. I don't think I have ever seen her doing that, but maybe that's because I don't really go out with my friends? Shows that I don't really know my friends all too much even after a long time...

It was a sad thing to bid farewell to my mum, since I know in my heart that I probably won't be coming home for a long time. I can see in the faces of Cheren and Bianca that they seem to have something in their minds... maybe they are all thinking the same thing as me? The one thing that I took note of is Bianca's expression - seems like there's something really strange going on there, I think. Still... eventually, there will be a time where we all have to leave. I left with Bianca and Cheren and decided that we are going to meet at Professor Juniper's lab later today. Quite the trio we are, huh?

It was at the front door of Professor Juniper's lab that we noticed that we haven't had a proper Pokémon battle yet. And since we didn't really have anything else to do then - Professor Juniper is out back then for another errand of hers, and no one is inside the lab - we decided to have a Pokémon battle right there... with a team of one. Two participants, one referee. It's really basic for a battle, but then again, that's what happens when everyone involved is barely a Trainer.

"Let's see... OK, Plushie, I guess it's time for you to actually battle, huh?" I tried to encourage Plushie to actually start to battle and keep it rolling. He never battled before today. I have a feeling that it's going to be a long day indeed...

"OK, this match is a one-versus-one Single Battle. The Pokémon that stays up in the end will be declared the winner. OK?" Cheren seems to be liking his role as a battle referee.

I replied to him, "OK, I think I'm fine with that. Um, yeah." The same thing goes for Bianca, aside from the fact that she was more enthusiastic than me. A lot more enthusiastic than me. "Um... Yes, I'll go with that, too! Ahahahaha- we have our first battle!" No, really, that's what she said! I keep finding that Bianca to be weirder than I can imagine... then again, maybe it's just me.

"All right then... HERE I COME! Goooooooooo, Oshawott-wott!" Bianca certainly has a weird flair in his way of throwing her Poké Balls. I wonder what good would come out of flailing your arms like that while throwing out your Poké Ball? Maybe it's because to her, it's battling time, and nothing can get in the way of that?

That said, I find Bianca's Oshawott to be cute. You know, Oshawott's just begging to be hugged with that frown in its face all the time, the oversized brown nose, differently coloured feet, ears, and tail for some unknown reason, and a scalchop sticking out of its belly. It sure makes Oshawott look like a clown. Add in a bit of weirdly-placed freckles on its face, and you get what I'd call "Clown Prince Oshawott".

It's my turn to send out my own personal partner. My beloved Plushie! "OK, Plushie, there you go!" As soon as I finished that sentence, I threw the Poké Ball up in the air. The Poké Ball starts to pop open, and out comes a stream of light, eventually forming Plushie, my beloved Audino.

"Um... are you sure you can battle with that? I'm pretty sure that an Audino isn't the best choice for battling, especially Single Battles..." I can see the puzzled look on the faces of Bianca and Cheren on why I decided to use my Plushie for battling.

"Who cares? I'm sure that he'll be a good battler, like other Pokémon!" I retorted. Well, I hope that that line went well. Because I'm not that good at talking...

"Let's begin the match!" With that, our first Pokémon battle starts for real. Both sides are looking like they are going for the complete win!

"Plushie! Use Pound on that Oshawott! You can do it!" Here it comes! My first Pokémon battle command! My heart is pumped full of excitement!

Plushie dashed forward... clumsily, like it didn't had some kind of agility training. The steps that Plushie took look like it came out of a horrible dance move. Plushie looked positively dizzy despite not being so! "Oh man... this isn't what I have expected..." I muttered in my breath.

On the other side of things, Bianca's Oshawott looked like it's all ready to serve Plushie a beating. Oshawott's look suddenly changed from something resembling a frowning clown into a scowling clown. Still a clown? No. It's all ready to take my Plushie down! Nooooooooooooo!

"Go go go! Oshawott! Use Bubble!"

Wait, what? Last time I checked, no Oshawott learns Bubble as a move!

"Um, hey, Bianca, but I don't think Osha-"
"No! Do as I please! Oshawott, go ATTACK that Audino!"
Oh boy... I think it's going to be a long day for Plushie and I...

Bianca's Oshawott just kept coming forward and forward, like there's no tomorrow... towards my beloved Plushie, now all vulnerable to all sorts of attack due to his horrible pace! Although Oshawott clearly didn't understand what move he's going to do, I think he is still determined to be a good battler, and a good battler he was - he just attacked on his own accord! I don't think Plushie had even a chance to defend himself when Oshawott landed the first tackle against him. Not a chance? Well, more like, Oshawott's force is so great, that... it flung Plushie towards me. Guess who got the full brunt of the attack.

"Oof!" Plushie landed right on me. I didn't know that he was a pretty heavy Audino... I feel weak. I think that Oshawott's Tackle went a little bit too well... who would have thought that a petty Tackle could send Plushie flying towards me?

"Plushie? You OK?" That was the first thing I blurted out right after getting hit. Somehow, I was ignoring the pain that I have received after the Tackle mishap.

"Audino..." I think Plushie isn't all that hurt. He looks pretty fine, even after the overpowered Tackle that he received.

"I know that you can do it, so just hang on tight and do your best, huh?"

"Audino!"

Apparently, that wasn't enough for Plushie to dish out consistent damage towards Bianca's Oshawott... or, rather, any damage... I think Plushie's not that suited for battling. Plushie's attacks kept getting dodged with style by that one Oshawott! I shudder to think what will happen in the future, when we have to face tougher opponents... I was thinking of alternatives. Something like catching another Pokémon to sidestep Plushie's incompetence in Pokémon battles. (I have a feeling that I can use Plushie for other purposes...)

Bianca's Oshawott is the one with grace, while my Plushie is not. Getting hit by an attack is bad enough as is, but how about a barrage of attacks? I don't think Plushie is taking all of these too well. The last blow is too much for my Plushie.

"Oshawott! Razor Shell on that Plushie!"

No points for guessing how it went. Oshawott came over rushing towards Plushie which is now bewildered by the Oshawott's attacks... Scalchop in hand, Bianca's Oshawott went in for the win... and did so extremely successfully. A quick slash with the scalchop and my Plushie literally flew towards me. Again. I have a feeling that I'm the one in the real battle, instead of Plushie!

"Audino... er, Plushie is unable to battle!" Cheren announced the battle results. It was fair and square, since it's what happened... My Plushie failed for me. I do not think that it's anything to worry about, though. No need to worry! It felt great to have a weird Pokémon battle like that, even if I lost in the end. It's the experience that counts!

Now that we have finished our first battle, our Pokémon are all tired. Guess it's time for us to get into the lab...

---

In the time it took for us to battle, Professor Juniper is already inside the lab preparing something and doing reports of something. We couldn't really get a closer look at them. However, from her face, I could see that the professor had something in store for all of us.

"Well, I snuck in here, since I didn't really want to interrupt what's probably your first battle! Anyway, I have something for all of you! Care to guess what it is?"

For once, all three of us gave the exact same answer to her. Because we all see extra Poké Balls on the table beside Professor Juniper... "Extra Pokémon?"

"That's right! Go on, pick any one of them! Incidentally, they are all Sinnoh starters. I just received them. Oh, right, Matthew, you get to pick first, since you lost your potential Snivy..."

"Gee, thanks!" Now I'm the one picking the Pokémon again. "Keep an eye on the Pokémon, will you? I don't want to lose another," I told the others before I pick my Pokémon again.
"OK!" All three other people replied.

Hmm... Turtwig? It's a Grass type, like Snivy was, and a bit slow, but does have a punch to its attacks. Chimchar? I'm not sure whether something like that will go well with my demanor, even though it's really useful, and Fire types are rare... Piplup? I wonder whether I can handle its ego... Ah, I know. I'll just go with a Turtwig, because... because... in my heart, I am a Grass-type Trainer. And nothing else.

"I'll take this Turtwig," I blurted out.
"Nice choice," Professor Juniper replied to my decision. Looks like people are liking my choice, huh? Bianca and Cheren chose their own choices of Pokémon. Seems like Bianca took a Chimchar and Cheren took a Piplup to cover their bases. We all bid Juniper a good-bye after this short break in the action.

Now, onwards to Accumula Town, as a first stop! I heard that there's a Battle Club in Accumula Town. I bet that I'll be able to improve my skills as a Pokémon Trainer there. Bianca and Cheren would be thrilled with that, too!

---TO BE CONTINUED---

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom