• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did anyone else used to imagine Lass as a single character rather then a class?

KuudereKun

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
I know I literally thought they were once, but that with the first generation games. It wasn't till I played Leaf Green where each one was given a different name that I noticed they were different people. And even after learning otherwise I continued to imagine her this way, I tend to like the LeafGreen design best.

I guess it has to do with how Lass could work as a name (is it a different word in the Japanese?) and my craving more female characters.

I'm posting this on the Shipper forum since it does relate to my Shipping related fantasies. I imagined her her as a sort of FIlle Fatale (LeafGreen does not change the dialogue of the ones who flirt with you when you play as Leaf). I was always a little disappointed I couldn't find any fan works from others thinking about her the same way.

Basically in any adaptation of the games I imagine in my head she was the fourth most important character, after the three Palate Town Dex holders. I tended to view Red, Leaf and the Rival as a triangle, and then Lass as the wild card further complicating their dynamic.

Last edited:
It can work, I guess. She could be kinda like Yellow, and the RSE youngster could be kinda like Emerald.

But I always just saw "Lass" and "Youngster" as meaning, another starting Pokémon trainer of similiar age, possibly also a Dex Holder but not related to the plot.

So I think that it would also include Mira, Marley, ad Buck, if they did'nt join the playable character in a journey.

Maybe had DP not used actual character names for them, I could have conflated a few Lass'es or a few Youngsters into a character that was like another important trainer\adventurer\Dex Holder alongside Dawn, Lucas, Barry, Marley, Buck, Mira, Cheryl, and Riley.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom