• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did anyone see the new Ben 10: AF season premire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankyman

=д=
Reaction score
The third season of Ben 10: Alien force just played on Cartoon Network today and yesterday, and it was okay. I wrote a really simple and biased overview in the spoiler tag.

-Vilgax is back with the power of ten alien heroes, as opposed to Ben's theme (The only change was Vilgax's fancy weapons)
-Ultimo and co. make a cold open cameo, being beaten up by Vilgax.
-Vilgax has a creepy assistant now, and helps Vilgax absorb the defeated Ultimo's powers
-Vilgax says he's going to beat up Ben in a contest between invader and the invaded, to take over Earth
-Gwen and Kevin are fighting a snake guy, with new outfits: Kevin has a mechanic's shirt that says "Kev" and Gwen has a black vest over a red shirt and a ponytail
-Ben is a jerk
-Ben and Kevin still like Sumo Slammers (Even after that whole warehouse thing)
-Ben shows up to save Kevin and Gwen from the snake-man-thing
-Vilgax's fleet appears
-Max Tennyson is leading a team of Plumbers in training: Manny, Pierce, Helen, Cooper and Alan.
-Max's satellite system detects Vilgax's fleet and he goes to intercept
-Vilgax's creepy assistant sets up a forcefield for Vilgax to teleport into
-Vilgax shows up, Max and team fight him and lose
-Max is allowed to recover and contact Ben
-Ben is being a jerk still
-Kevin has made a large contraption to hack into the Omnitrix
-Azmuth projection pops out of Omnitrix to lecture Ben
-Ben ignores lecture and decides to hack Omnitrix anyway, despite protests from Gwen and Kevin
-Everything blows up
-Ben gets a follow-up lecture from Azmuth, saying he'll never help Ben again
-Kevin is now Metamorpho (Not really) He angsts over being a "monster" again, since his appearance is a mish-mash of the forms he takes when he absorbs stuff (crystal, concrete, metal, rock), and he's stuck like that, even after trying stuff like transforming back or absorbing human skin (ew)
-Ben is missing four aliens from the Omnitrix: Spidermonkey, Chromastone, Goop, and Way Big (Everyone is puzzled about how that last one gets away)
-Ben retrieves all of them except Way Big, using collect mode
-Ben shows up to the duel with Vilgax and promptly gets his butt kicked until Chromastone is crushed, literally. Ben regenerates and takes on the form of Diamondhead and easily beats Vilgax
-Ben doesn't really change that much
-Kevin seems to be stuck in his current form in the next episode preview

Serpent: The Snake that walks like a Man you have to say the whole thing. :O He is the greatest villain since Dr. Animo.

Vilgax's latest plan seemed pretty uncharacteristic. Why would he follow the rules, especially after losing, when he has an entire fleet right there poised to attack. Not to mention how under-powered he seemed against Ben, especially after Ben went Diamondhead.

Poor Kevin is right back to being stuck as a composite-being thanks to the Omnitrix, though this time it was because of Ben and his swell head messing around with it. Kevin is supposed to get a lot of focus this season, and it looks like it's starting off with this.

Ben-Ben Tennyson, what happened? You were so noble last season. What would Reiny say if he saw you so full of yourself? I think this will be fairly entertaining, and it was probably the only way to get the Omnitrix back into Windows mode.

Gotta Catch 'Em All! The alien hunt was a nice diversion.

Poor Chromastone, shattered like a dinner plate. I have a feeling this will be addressed in a future episode this season.

Max is still as awesome as ever, pulling a ninja on Vilgax.

All in all this was a pretty good start to the season. I hope Vilgax is a bit more threatening next time he shows up, he is the main villain of the series after all.

Yay, this season actually feels like a follow-up to the original Ben 10.

Er..I was somewhat disappointed with this. Ben's development has been pretty much thrown out the window. Though I prefer 10 year old Ben...how AF Ben is being handled now is terrible. I can accept kid Ben to be all selfish, and as Kev put it, obnoxious..he was a complete unexpierienced n00b who suddenly found himself in a powerful position. But AF Ben has much more expirience. But er..

Alot felt rushed and out of place. The final battle was anticlimatic. The tampering with the 'trix came out of nowhere and after Azmuth gave Ben such a strict warning and he didn't listen and came up with that retarted test idea was when I realized his character has been pretty messed up now. But w/e.

Highlights, I enjoyed the dna extract capturing. Not only was it fun, but it also gave use more insight as to how the 'trix works/reacts.

I had some hope this season would make this show better..but it's not helping at all. I just can't comprehend how they expect us to accept the radical changes done to Ben and Vilgax. =/

I feel Ben 10 went down the crapper as soon as they started this "Alien Force" thing. Ben's new aliens are all so unoriginal compared to the ones he had in the original series.

Just look at Swampfire, for example. The writers just took Heatblast, and added some of Wildvine's abilities to it, et voila, there's a new alien for you. Chromastone is a blatant ripoff off of Diamondhead. Why couldn't they have used some of the original series's aliens that never received any airtime, like Benwolf, Benmummy, Benvicktor, Eye Guy, Way Big and the new Ghostfreak?

At least he finally got some of his old aliens back. XLR8, Fourarms, Stinkfly and Diamondhead are much more interesting than freakin' Goop, Echo Echo and Spidermonkey.

I feel Ben 10 went down the crapper as soon as they started this "Alien Force" thing. Ben's new aliens are all so unoriginal compared to the ones he had in the original series.

Just look at Swampfire, for example. The writers just took Heatblast, and added some of Wildvine's abilities to it, et voila, there's a new alien for you. Chromastone is a blatant ripoff off of Diamondhead. Why couldn't they have used some of the original series's aliens that never received any airtime, like Benwolf, Benmummy, Benvicktor, Eye Guy, Way Big DID! and the new Ghostfreak? EVIL!

At least he finally got some of his old aliens back. XLR8, Fourarms, Stinkfly and Diamondhead are much more interesting than freakin' Goop, Echo Echo and Spidermonkey.

THE heck? Goop rocks, and Big Chill> Ghostfreak. As of 10/x lone star seems interesting.

Ben 10 Alien Force finally started airing in my country and I must say that I take back some of the things I said.

Some of the new aliens are pretty darn awesome. Big Chill and Goop are made of WIN, and Echo Echo, Humongousaur, Brainstorm and the new guy Lodestar are pretty sweet as well.

I am dissatisfied with Swampfire, Chromastone, Spidermonkey, Jetray and Alien X, though.

Swampfire is just a blatant ripoff of Heatblast. He even looks like Heatblast. Sure he's got some plant-based powers but we've seen those with Wildvine.

Chromastone can't really do anything Diamondhead couldn't in the original series. Sure, he can shoot sparkly rainbow beams, but who cares about that?

Spidermonkey. A monkey that shoots webs. Seriously? Is that the best the writers could come up with?

Jetray is too overpowered, IMO. He can fly super fast, swim super fast and can shoot lazers. Remember when Ben relied on THREE aliens to do that?

And lastly, Alien X. This was the dumbest move the writers made, IMO. Even worse than bringing Kevin back as a good guy and not mutated any more. Whenever you create a character that has reality-warping powers, you just broke the fun value of the show. If Alien X were usable, Ben could fix everything with a wave of his hand, thus making the other 9 obsolete. The writers probably knew this, so they put the lame "other 2 personalities and they gotta agree" thing in there, thus completely making Alien X obsolete. It's a shame and I hope they'll find a middle way for this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom