• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did JJM do anything significant against Aqua/Magma?

Macromind101

Reaction score
I watched the Aqua/Magma conclusion episodes just now, and tbh it didn't really seem like the Rocket trio did as much to stop the rival organizations as they would in the future against Galactic, Plasma and Flare.

Just making sure, did the three receive their BW promotions partly due to their supposed victories over Aqua and Magma? Or was it just due to Galactic?

It's been a very very long time since I watched AG but IIRC although they did sweet fa, they still tried to claim to the boss that they were responsible for the takedown.

Did Sakaki ever explicitly state why he promoted them? I can't remember now whether they/we just assumed.

I watched the Aqua/Magma conclusion episodes just now, and tbh it didn't really seem like the Rocket trio did as much to stop the rival organizations as they would in the future against Galactic, Plasma and Flare.

Just making sure, did the three receive their BW promotions partly due to their supposed victories over Aqua and Magma? Or was it just due to Galactic?

The Rocket trio exaggerated/fabricated their roles in defeating other criminal organizations like Aqua, Magma, and Galactic. Giovanni is suspicious of their claims, but he has no reason to complain. Every time the Team Rocket trio goes into their rival organization's territory, they subsequently collapse shortly afterwards.

We all know the truth: It's really Ash and friends who defeat these criminal organizations.

But Giovanni doesn't know that as far as we know. I personally believe that he sees the Team Rocket trio as a good luck charm. Maybe useless in delivering Pokémon, but certainly a jinx to any criminal competitor in the region.

They actually did something there. During the build up episodes the only important thing I recall them doing was during Aqua's debut episode, if I recall correctly. They stopped that grunt from stealing that thing from Devon.
But during the finale, although they didn't have an active part in destroying the two teams, they were the ones to free Kyogre from Team Aqua, thus moving the plot forward. And during this scene they defeated a couple of grunts.
So yeah, while they did not do as much as they did against the other future teams, they did something to help. It should also be mentioned that Team Rocket weren't as 'good' back there as they are today, back in the time it was very surprising to have Team Rocket being successful at something, so back in the time this was big for us Rocket lovers :p

They accomplished nothing to affect the event, never said anything about it, and, at the beginning of Sinnoh, their boss hasn't remembered who they are. So I doubt it.
But during the finale, although they didn't have an active part in destroying the two teams, they were the ones to free Kyogre from Team Aqua, thus moving the plot forward.
Archie was already planning to release it, so I don't think they really affected the plot.
Giovanni is suspicious of their claims
When did that happen?
We all know the truth: It's really Ash and friends who defeat these criminal organizations.
It was actually a team effort between them, TR and other characters like Looker and N. So, they weren't exactly lying to their boss.

When did that happen?

Giovanni has shown a frown rather than a smile in the XY series, indicating that he may not completely buy his minions' claims. And he admits that the Team Rocket trio is only there in Unova as bait to lure out Team Plasma (before the Earthquake happened) in BW.

Giovanni also had that same mentality with the Team Rocket trio during the Hoenn region. He finds them useful to draw out his competitors in the open. And keep in mind, it is Matori who reminded Giovanni that they exists. I believe she, if not Giovanni, realizes what kind of record the Team Rocket trio has with rival villainous teams.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom