• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Did Rudy originally ask Misty to marry him in the Japanese version?

Reaction score
From the Orange Island episode, "Misty meets her match". If so, did he mean right then and there, or when they were older? Also, how old was he?

Last edited:
ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
When in the episode did this happen? I just spot checked the dub and didn't hear anyone mention marriage.

Reaction score
It was in the Japanese version. The dub changed it to having him simply asking her to "stay with him", or so I hear.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I can't remember what happened in the anime (I may not have seen the episode) but in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga he definitely wants to marry Misty. IIRC, Ash actually battles Rudy on the condition that if he loses, Misty will have to marry Rudy. Misty doesn't want to marry him, so is desperate for Ash to win. Ash does win, which upsets Rudy's little sister Mahri, who wanted Misty to be her big sister. Rudy then dresses up as a woman so that Mahri can still have a big sister after all. I'm pretty sure none of these things would have happened in the anime version!

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
He's slightly shorter than Tracey, so they're probably close in age.
Height has no connection to a person's age. I am 28 years old and like 5 feet tall. I know people who are younger than me, but are also taller than me. Not only that, but I also know people who are older than me, but are shorter than me.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Height has no connection to a person's age. I am 28 years old and like 5 feet tall. I know people who are younger than me, but are also taller than me. Not only that, but I also know people who are older than me, but are shorter than me.
That's why I said "probably."

Reaction score
But he probably was close in age. Maybe just a couple years older.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
To be perfectly clear, he does not ask her to marry him in the Japanese version of the TV series, but he does ask her to marry him in the Dengeki Pikachu manga.

Reaction score
To be perfectly clear, he does not ask her to marry him in the Japanese version of the TV series, but he does ask her to marry him in the Dengeki Pikachu manga.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the update!