• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did Rudy originally ask Misty to marry him in the Japanese version?

Silvercrescent13

Reaction score
From the Orange Island episode, "Misty meets her match". If so, did he mean right then and there, or when they were older? Also, how old was he?

Last edited:
When in the episode did this happen? I just spot checked the dub and didn't hear anyone mention marriage.

It was in the Japanese version. The dub changed it to having him simply asking her to "stay with him", or so I hear.

I can't remember what happened in the anime (I may not have seen the episode) but in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga he definitely wants to marry Misty. IIRC, Ash actually battles Rudy on the condition that if he loses, Misty will have to marry Rudy. Misty doesn't want to marry him, so is desperate for Ash to win. Ash does win, which upsets Rudy's little sister Mahri, who wanted Misty to be her big sister. Rudy then dresses up as a woman so that Mahri can still have a big sister after all. I'm pretty sure none of these things would have happened in the anime version!

He's slightly shorter than Tracey, so they're probably close in age.
Height has no connection to a person's age. I am 28 years old and like 5 feet tall. I know people who are younger than me, but are also taller than me. Not only that, but I also know people who are older than me, but are shorter than me.

Height has no connection to a person's age. I am 28 years old and like 5 feet tall. I know people who are younger than me, but are also taller than me. Not only that, but I also know people who are older than me, but are shorter than me.
That's why I said "probably."

To be perfectly clear, he does not ask her to marry him in the Japanese version of the TV series, but he does ask her to marry him in the Dengeki Pikachu manga.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom