• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did Team Rocket annoy you?

Did Team Rocket annoy you?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was say eighth grade when I started to watch pokémon. I was into that series for about 2 months and after that I was annoyed by the fact that team Rocket appeared in every single episode and always lost in the exact same way each time they do at the end of the episode. Especially the unnecessary ranting of Jessie, James and Meowth. Every single time their pokémon comes out it either gets face planted or screws up.

So my question. was Team Rocket annoying?

It really depends. During the later parts of AG, through DP, and during the Decalore Islands of BW through all of Kalos, yes. However, when they were competent in BW and during Alola, where they did not appear in either every episode or nearly every episode and interrupt gym matches, then they were okay to even good and did not annoy me at all. It all depends on how they are handled in the show.

I loved them during OS up until mid-Johto which was when I began disliking them a little and pretty much tried not to think about them. It was during the BF arc specifically that their constant repetitive drivel started pissing me off and I hated them until around the end of BW. Thankfully they've become more tolerable in the past few years and now they're cool to me again. :3

English dub Team Rocket does. They're a lot more cute and funny and endearing in the original Japanese. Megumi's, Shinichiro's, and Inuko's performances make them my favorite characters.

Agreed. Admittedly, I'll always have a soft spot for 4Kids Team Rocket (at least in the earlier seasons - by Hoenn none of them sounded as good as they used to, James especially) but TPCi's Team Rocket are far and away the most annoying characters in the show. Japanese Team Rocket, on the other hand, are absolutely among the best.

Sometimes. Like in the episode of the OS series "Friends and Foe Alike" when Team Rocket was trying to stop Ash from getting to his Pokemon match with Ritchie at the Indigo League and they won't leave Ash alone at all during the episode and pretty much some of the episodes of the league pretty much. But I'd say they got better during other series but during the original series they were just in annoying during the season of the anime.

They’re half the reason I dropped the anime. They‘ve long since overstayed their welcome.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom