• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did the anime make you really like certain Pokemon?

I disliked Palpitoad quite a bit for some reason before I saw it in the anime. Now I think it's an interesting Pokemon that's fun to watch in the show.

I didn't care for Elgyem until I saw it in the anime. Now I think it's one of the cutest Pokémon. ^_^

Lucario. Initially I just though of it as an overrated, whored out piece of furbait.
Then movie 8 happened and smacked me with FEELINGS, man why couldn't all the movies have been like that...

Not to mention it's just one of those Pokemon that looks great animated, and has such a unique looking fighting style that any battles they appear in become visually stunning. I think that's one of the reasons why Maylene vs Ash was one of the most intense battles the series has ever seen.
It's not one of my favourites, but I certainly like it much more than before.

When I was younger it got me to like most of the cute kanto pokemon but I think that may have happened anyway. I really can't remember.

As for what I can remember, Shinji's battling got in into likely walls, if that counts. Dodaitose went from my least favourite of the Sinnoh starters to my favourite thanks to Shinji's though. Takeshi's Gereggru too meant more to me in the anime than the games. I hated Pinpuku before Takeshi got one.

Most of the Pokemon I like are from first look, but there have been Pokemon that I liked thanks to the anime. Some of these include:

Mew (only in the 8th movie though)
Cyndaquil
Buizel
Emolga
Mothim
Yamask
Dwebble
Swinub
Larvitar
Excadrill

You can find all the Pokemon I like by looking at the memes I made on Deviant Art (my DA profile

Ya know Lil B loves Ash's Charizard. I fucks with Sceptile and of course Gliscor. Ya gotta train your Pkmn based off of the anime sometimes brah. - Lil B

Ash: Snivy
Misty: Starmie Corsola
Paul: Froslass
Zoey: Leafeon, Mismagius
May: Glaceon
Dawn: Togekiss
Clair: Kingdra
Nando: Lopunny Kricketune
Drew: Roselia, Roserade

SERVINE.
I didn't really care for it until I saw it animated, now it's one of my all-time favorites.
Also, Togekiss and Oshawott look better in the anime then they do in the games.

Oh, many times. The movies made me love Lucario. Now it's in all my teams. I hated Snivy before watching Best Wishes. Then there's also Infernape. I never cared for the Chimchar line, but after watching D/P, it's one of my favorite Pokémon. In fact, I got Platinum (which I had skipped) recently just because I wanted to play with an Infernape. Actually, the anime made me love most of Ash's Sinnoh Pokémon. Except Gible. That thing had no personality, and the way they practiced Draco Meteor was lame. "Gible, use Draco Meteor!" "Use Draco Meteor again!"
Oh, yeah, and there's also Guregguru! I never liked Croagunk until I watched the Japanese version of D/P. Guregguru is way too awesome!

Almost all the Pokemon on the main cast I enjoyed more than originally.

Mewtwo.
Honestly when I first played Red, Blue and Yellow, Mewtwo was kinda cool but I didn't use it or pay much attention to it. The episodes which hinted at this new, mysterious Pokémon (the Battle of the Badge episode, and Showdown at the Po-ké Corral episode) made me really interested in what it could be, because I was pretty young and didn't realize it was Mewtwo. When the first movie came out, it was the first movie I saw in a cinema which I can remember, and god did I love Mewtwo. He was awesome, same with Mew. They became two of my favourite legendaries.

Yeah, Wobbuffet, Croagunk, and Garchomp! I was looking through old episodes and when I saw the one with Wobbuffet Village yesterday, I basically fell over due to the pokemon's awesomeness.

A few. Starmie (I guess I felt sorry for it because it always took a backseat to Staryu for some strange reason before being abandoned completely), Toarkoal and Gliscor (in both cases because of their personalities)

Mistys Psyduck back in the day... ever since then I've loved Psyduck. I have a level 100 one nowadays thanks to countless near-faint battles and a trusty Everstone. It's one of those Pokemon whose pre-evolved form is far more appealing to me than the evolved form. No interest in Golduck whatsoever, I thought it was a poor evolution. Psyduck should've stayed yellow and just got bigger and meaner!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom