• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did the writers know there was a new game coming out this year?

Well, that can be said to any other animé characters in existance.

I know... oh well, just let me hope for the impossible, inevitably get disappionted but at the same time excited and then decide everything is better than ever was XD

I still think she will get it as a Togechick. Togepi got a lot of screentime already. Togechick on the other hand, not so much.

That's ok for me, but it seems like the writers prefer them to get the first forms... anyway it's evolution will be very rushed, that's for sure
And yeah, Togetic is seriously in need of screentime

You know for some reason, I always thought Dawn might have only one contest arc, even from the start. The way contests have went this gen, with Jessie winning ribbons, so many rivals, etc, it just felt that way.

In any case Dawn will likely beat Zoey in the league now.

well we can't be 100 percent sure that there is going to be a new gen soon, however its quiet possible. Anyway i hope its not true, i was hoping for a filler arc so maybe Gible can evolve and we can see Ash's older Kanto/Johto/Hoenn pokemon in battle.

Yeah, I know. It's like arguing over the movie we don't have a plot for yet.

If this game comes out in November, how the hell can they finish all of Sinnoh's plots in another 7 months?

Scott, you do realize they already have the episodes storyboarded and probably in the production right now, right? They usually have these things done months in advance.

Scott, you do realize they already have the episodes storyboarded and probably in the production right now, right? They usually have these things done months in advance.

Yes, but then why the hell did they make 32 episodes between Snowpoint and Sunyshore?

We all figured they did that to stretch out Sinnoh because of no new game for awhile. But now that there IS a new game, it seems like that stretching was ridiculous and wasted time.

Where the hell is the league, Frontier Brains, and Elite 4 arc going to be?

I'm surprised they skipped over returning to Johto for Gen IV.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe this new game WON'T be a part of the anime except in maybe some special, or that maybe it'll be the new chronicles, or that maybe it will be in the anime, but not as a new season arc?

I'm surprised they skipped over returning to Johto for Gen IV.

You are? With how poorly received the first Johto saga was in the anime, I thought it was pretty obvious why they skipped a return trip there.

Besides since Kanto II barely references any old material, they probably figured it was pointless to do the same thing again and not reference old stuff.

Last edited:
I don't know why so many people jump in conclusion that hardly announced RPG game will be Gen5. I doubt it will.
1) If it will, we should have already revealed big bunch of Gen5 Pokémon. Do we have? No!
2) I see no point in doing Gen5 game for DS and I seriously doubt Game Freak will do Gen5 on handheld dedicated for Gen4.
I still don't think we'll see Gen5 games before 2012.

Dawn can win the current Contest
March can finish Sunnyshore
April-May GF (hopefully)
June "fillers"
July-August-possibly September - League
October-November - Elite Four (as you yourself admitted, it won't be longer than 10 eps and probably even less than that)
End of November - gen 5

They can easily include the E4 since it'd be just a few eps, but a BF seems impossible right now...
At least this means E4 (in case it happens) will be the very end of the whole DP series rather than just end of Sinnoh and then beginning of "filler saga"
It'll be a nice way to end the series and if Ash really wins the league and beat the E4, a lose to the Champion will show him (and the viewers) that he still has long way to go and that will motivate him to go the gen 5 region
One complaint Piplup: July and August are summer vacation. I doubt writers will ever do something as important League Tournament is, during times kids watch TV less then in the rest of the year. Can you imagine how much complaints they would have this way? So, they either gear the League before July (which, unfortunately, even I must admit is practically impossible now), or they will give us summer full of fillers and will start the League in September, no sooner.

You are? With how hated the first Johto saga was in the anime, I thought it was pretty obvious why they skipped a return trip there.

Besides since Kanto II barely references any old material, they probably figured it was pointless to do the same thing again and not reference old stuff.

YOUR HATRED. Not mine.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe this new game WON'T be a part of the anime except in maybe some special, or that maybe it'll be the new chronicles, or that maybe it will be in the anime, but not as a new season arc?

With how perfectly lined up every gen is, the only way I can see that happening is if they finally get rid of Ash.

watch TV less? It's freaking summer vacation. I'd think they watch it more.

At the rate they're going the league is hard-pressed to fit in during summer too.

watch TV less? It's freaking summer vacation. I'd think they watch it more.
Then you are wrong. It's summer, time for skateboarding, wakeboarding, swimming and whatever else kids are doing in outdoor. And don't forget summer camps and family vacations of course. Just look at some TV ratings and you may be surprised. TV channels know that and that's why they mostly fill summer with reruns or unimportant shows.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom