• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Did you ever cry in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

Did you cry?

• Yes

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
Australia is my city
Reaction score
People who have played them will know what im talking about :3

So have you done it? I did. In Blue. And Darkness. Haven't played the others.

If you have what made you cry?

Peachy
Reaction score
Yes I cried, in Explorers of Sky
when you are obliterated from time
and again when Celebi and Grovyle did too

Comfort ghost
Reaction score
No, but I was a wasp's whisker away at many points, especially when I played through Sky, even though I'd already finished Darkness.

I won't bite... much.
Reaction score
I had tears in my eyes at the end of Blue Rescue Team.

I'm the scatman!
Reaction score
I cried in Darkness when I start fading out of existence on the way down from the Temporal Tower. And when my partner goes to the beach afterward. I haven't played Blue Rescue Team enough to cry, but when I do I probably will. Those stories are so incredibly touching that there's zero shame even with rolling tears without a sound. Because it's normal with these super emotional games. And its not my bipolar.

URESAI
Reaction score
I'm not ashamed to say I bawled like a baby when I was disappearing into the atmosphere at the top of the Hill of the Ancients as my partner was crying out my name. ;_;

#1 2NE1 fan~
Reaction score
In MD: Red Rescue Team, the ending when the player floats away and the music made me tear up the first time.

Eaten by Giratina...
Reaction score
I was on the verge of crying, but didn't in the end. This was for both Blue and Darkness.

Owning all your base
Reaction score
Yeah, it was really sad at the end of Blue, but I didn't cry.

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
I cried in Blue, Darkness, Time, and Sky...Manly tears, though, manly tears. :_(

七パーセント
Reaction score
I haven't actually played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, but if there are tear jerking moments I might start :p

CottonSheepFairy
Reaction score
Cried when-

You were wrongfully accused of being the cause of disasters and had to run away. And then at the departure, all of the Pokemon you rescued come back, telling you they still believe in you.
You ran far, far into the snowy regions of the Pokemon world, and your partner points out that, even in this freezing isolation we have to keep on going...
You defeated Rayquaza and got him to stop the meteor. Then you have to face saying goodbye to all the friends you made when in the Pokemon world. You say to your partner, "I am blessed to have met you"...

Hearing the music that played at any of those points still brings tears close.

Reaction score
I never cried over a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game; however, I will admit that the storylines of these games were quite saddening at times (especially the ending of PMD2).