• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did you ever cry in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

Did you cry?

• Yes

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

JohtoMotto

Australia is my city
Reaction score
People who have played them will know what im talking about :3

So have you done it? I did. In Blue. And Darkness. Haven't played the others.

If you have what made you cry?

Yes I cried, in Explorers of Sky
when you are obliterated from time
and again when Celebi and Grovyle did too

No, but I was a wasp's whisker away at many points, especially when I played through Sky, even though I'd already finished Darkness.

I had tears in my eyes at the end of Blue Rescue Team.

I cried in Darkness when I start fading out of existence on the way down from the Temporal Tower. And when my partner goes to the beach afterward. I haven't played Blue Rescue Team enough to cry, but when I do I probably will. Those stories are so incredibly touching that there's zero shame even with rolling tears without a sound. Because it's normal with these super emotional games. And its not my bipolar.

I'm not ashamed to say I bawled like a baby when I was disappearing into the atmosphere at the top of the Hill of the Ancients as my partner was crying out my name. ;_;

In MD: Red Rescue Team, the ending when the player floats away and the music made me tear up the first time.

Yeah, it was really sad at the end of Blue, but I didn't cry.

I cried in Blue, Darkness, Time, and Sky...Manly tears, though, manly tears. :_(

I haven't actually played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, but if there are tear jerking moments I might start :p

Cried when-

You were wrongfully accused of being the cause of disasters and had to run away. And then at the departure, all of the Pokemon you rescued come back, telling you they still believe in you.
You ran far, far into the snowy regions of the Pokemon world, and your partner points out that, even in this freezing isolation we have to keep on going...
You defeated Rayquaza and got him to stop the meteor. Then you have to face saying goodbye to all the friends you made when in the Pokemon world. You say to your partner, "I am blessed to have met you"...

Hearing the music that played at any of those points still brings tears close.

I never cried over a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game; however, I will admit that the storylines of these games were quite saddening at times (especially the ending of PMD2).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom